[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I-Is it buffering?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
I-Is it buffering?
>>
>>142398476
I think the VCR broke, gimme a minute
>>
File: 639459-oreimo_2___02__27_.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
639459-oreimo_2___02__27_.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
>>142398476
Oh fuck, poor Kaworu.
>>
If you weren't waiting on the edge of your seat, you only "watched" NGE.
>>
>>142398551
boi i was waiting outside of my seat
>>
>>142398551
I was on the edge of my seat for maybe 20 seconds. Then I just started wishing it'd hurry the fuck up. There's tension, then there's stalling to fill the time slot.
>>
>_n.jpg
>>
>>142398476
Chrusin' your first crush.
>>
File: tom & jerry rip off.jpg (38 KB, 570x606) Image search: [Google]
tom & jerry rip off.jpg
38 KB, 570x606
>>142398476
>>
>>142398551
I was on my bed
>>
>>142401981
BRAVO ANNO
>>
>>142398476
Wasn't there Beethoven playing in the background?

It's been over a decade since I watched Eva. I really gotta go back sometime.
>>
wtf was that shit, any explanations?
>>
>>142402036
End of the world.
>>
>>142402036
Would you kill your love of your life who also says will kill humanity if you leave him, that easily?
>>
>>142402081
Yes.
>>
>>142398535
>poor kaworu
>literally giving a shit about the worst fucking character
>>
>>142402081
In a heartbeat.
>>
>>142402283
>>142403947
>m-muh humanity

You fucks obviously never got put inside a giant robot.
>>
>>142404019
It's my own life too. Plus get real, Kaworu "the love of his life" ?

The kid is 14, get some fucking perspective you fucking manchild/womanchild.
>>
>>142403925
Kaworu is obviously the best.
>>
>>142404064
He's the only person who'd ever shown Shinji love. If that isn't the love of his life, even if it was at 14, what is bud?
>>
>>142404141
The worst.
>>
>>142404184
Lots of people have shown Shinji love, but apparently you're more autistic than he is for not seeing it.

Kaworu's "love" apparently includes betrayal and threatening to destroy everything Shinji liked and loved.

Basically, Kaworu is irredeemably shit and only fat yaoi glasses can make people miss out on that fact.
>>
>>142404243
No, no one showed the kind of idealistic, "I'll love you no matter what love" that Shinji, as a kid was looking for. Sure plenty of people gave Shinji love and a sense of meaning, but they were also ready to get real and tell him what was what when they needed to.
Kaworu loved Shinji in a way that he was looking for, no matter how shallow it was supposed to be.
>>
>>142402283
>>142403947
You're incapable of loving anyone so that doesn't count
>>
>>142404327
>No, no one showed the kind of idealistic, "I'll love you no matter what love" that Shinji, as a kid was looking for.ยจ
Kaworu didn't either, considering he betrayed him and all. Moreover, that sort of love shouldn't be shown either considering how toxic it is.

Essentially Shinji was down and desperate, that's all there is to it if you want to look at it in a respectful realistic way, and not the doujin fantasy way.
>>
>>142398551
I actually only read it, outside of my room where the seat was in though
>>
>>142404363
I'm more than capable, and have proven so and I am still proving it.

But yes, still, in a heartbeat. I'm sure it'd be harder if I was as mentally wrecked as Shinji was, but in the end, even Shinji knew what was right to do.
>>
>>142398476
>EVA is an overrated shittier show
>Asuka is better than Rei
>Rei is better then Asuka
>>
>>142404409
If you'd kill them "in a heartbeat", you don't love them
>>
its buffering while the gainax crew foraged for copper coins in their respective couches
>>
>>142404184
>Goes to Nerv with the express purpose of furthering Seele's goals and causing Third Impact
>Befriends the only active Eva pilot knowing full well he'll betray him in a day or two
>Forces Shinji to fight him to the death

Fuck Kaworu
>>
>>142404413
Glad we got that out of the way
>>
>>142398476
the best scene to ever come out of a over strained budget
>>
>>142404424
Yes you do.
>>
>>142404409
He didn't have to kill him thought.
>>
File: KAWORU.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
KAWORU.gif
1 MB, 360x270
>>
>>142404424
What makes you think that? Grow the fuck up.

>>142404439
This.
>>
>>142404447
>>142404478
lol
>>
>>142404439
If he didn't befriend him, he wouldn't give a chance to humanity.
>>
>>142404461
Yes, he has to. He is presented an ultimatum, either kill or be responsible for the death of mankind, including yourself.

>b-but he didn't have to! they could have done something else I made up!
If you're going to be that kind of disgusting fat yaoiwhale cuck, then here's an eye-opener: Kaworu didn't have to put a gun to the entire world to begin with. If anything, he should have killed himself.
>>
>>142404424
People do it all time in real life, you chubby fujoshi cunt. I'm not saying they're happy about it, but it's a fact of life that you need to work into your fat greasy head.
>>
>>142398551
>on the edge of your seat
>for a character that came out of nowhere, had barely 20 min of presence, made the show gay as fuck and whose death didn't actually matter for the viewer

I fucking swear, Evafags are the biggest faggots on this board.
>>
>>142404538
People kill their wife all the time? Fuck what world have I been living in
>>
>>142404551
I was at the edge of my seat, but I didn't give a single fuck about Kaworu.

It was very exciting that they went down there in the "secret forbidden zone", the descent is really cool.
>>
>>142404583
It's called earth, and domestic violence is relatively common. Murders of passion, jealousy, anger even necessity do happen.

I swear, only sheltered retards who should be put down actually like Kaworu.
>>
File: best boy coming through.png (256 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
best boy coming through.png
256 KB, 500x375
>>142404439
>>142404189
Deal with it, Lilin cucks.
>>
>>142404610
Can't hear you over the sound of the Angels being an eradicated race, topped off with Kaworu's lopped off head.
>>
>>142404609
I guess that train of thought would make sense to someone who uses murderers as the standard for relationships
>>
>>142404520
Yeah right, i'm fujoshit for saying official statement.
>>
File: kawo_690376.jpg (422 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kawo_690376.jpg
422 KB, 1024x768
>>142404628
Joke's on you, Kaworu gets off on it.
>>
>>142404657
I don't use them as any standard much less advocate it, I am upholding the fact that it does happen in real life, and that disproves your bullshit allegation that it doesn't.

Now fuck off back to your /tumblr/ where you can shout TRIGGERED once someone brings some reality to the discussion.
>>
>>142404667
It's a salty Reifag who's buttblasted that Shinji doesn't give a shit about his waifu. Just ignore him.
>>
>>142404667
Fujoshit confirmed.

>>142404684
Hm. He probably does the sick fuck. It's a win-win situation, mankind keeps mutliating his ass and murdering him, and he gets his sick pleasure.
>>
>>142404729
>>142404667
FUJOSHIT DEFENSE BRIGADE: ACTIVATED
>>
>>142404502
If he didn't befriend him, Shinji wouldn't have been so hesitant to kill him in the first place.

Kaworu didn't give humanity anything. He realized he was duped into thinking Lilith was Adam, and by the time he realized the deception, he was pinned between Rei and Unit 01.
>>
>>142404699
Why does the fact that it happens in real life mean anything in this conversation? I'm talking about love, you're talking about sociopaths who kill over petty reasons
You also mention crimes of passion and jealousy, which aren't comitted "in a heartbeat", those usually involve great distress and an impaired judgement
Basically you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>142404667
>no argument
>shitty english

Kaworufags, not even once. Face the facts, Shinji had to kill the retard Angel boy-slave because said retard Angel boy-slave never gave Shinji any other real choice.
>>
File: ANGELS.jpg (85 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
ANGELS.jpg
85 KB, 500x538
>>142404735
And that's why he's best boy. He's the only one who got what he wanted.
Shinji's heart was just a consolation prize, he didn't even have to work for that though.
>>
>>142404766
He had an obligation to kill humanity, did you even wached the show?
>>
>>142404766
He told Rei what she really was because apparently the dumb bitch was too stupid to figure it out on her own.
>>
>>142404793
>Why does the fact that it happens in real life mean anything in this conversation? I'm talking about love, you're talking about sociopaths who kill over petty reasons

I'm talking about people who love each other, who for various reasons mentioned earlier, do in fact murder the other.

Yes, it happens in a heartbeat. Please understand, even though your comprehension is probably fairly low, that "in a heartbeat" is a metaphorical statement and not a literal statement - it doesn't happen in a single second. It gets decided and done.

Yes, they do some times involve great distress and impaired judgement. Think about that for a sec: "great distress and impaired judgement". Sounds familiar to any 14 year old fictional cartoon character you know of? Thought so.

No, these people aren't sociopaths, although that group of people isn't excluded either for being sociopaths.

Basically, you are fucking retarded and mad that your silly gay fantasy doesn't work out the way you think it does. The adult thing here is to grow up and accept it.
>>
>>142404502
If humanity hadn't literally resurrected him, sent him to the place where he could do anything of use to himself and instructed him in how to do it, Kaworu wouldn't have done shit much less even existed.

Kaworu is garbage when viewed from human standards, and it really shows on the fans: >>142404876
when they get bitter and asshurt about the facts like that.

Kaworu and Kaworufans are really the worst.
>>
>>142404876
Rei's entire character is being told what to do, though.
>>
>>142404933
Your tears are delicious.
>>
>>142404793
Lovers do kill each other and do destructive things to each other, both unintentionally or intentionally for various reasons. Is your only experience with life vanilla hentai doujins and gay fanfics or something?

You can love someone and treat them poorly, or in some cases, even kill them. Intentionally in the heat of the moment, because it's necessary (or they want to, consider euthanasia), or by accident.

Basically, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you. It's like your brain doesn't function. Every person above 18 should have absorbed enough information by osmosis and experience alone to acknowledge this as a fact of life. Either you're criminally underaged, or fully retarded.
>>
>>142404884
"in a heartbeat" would mean that you don't even have to put thought into your decision, and would never reconsider it. Shinji didn't make the decision to kill Kaworu in a heartbeat and I never implied he did
You on the other hand claim that you would kill a person you love in a heartbeat, which makes it pretty obvious that you never loved anyone
>>
>>142404942
>>142404876
All the characters get "told what to do", but only Rei manages to get out of the cycle IIRC. Even Kaworu there is just regurgitating what SEELE told him. But unlike Rei, he never puts any thought into what they said to him, and so he gets stuck holding the bag, even dying rather pointlessly by the end.
>>
>>142405014
You're intentionally ignoring everything I said and arguing against something completely unrelated
>>
>>142404409
You would, but certainly not in a fucking heartbeat. Stop trying to kid us and yourself. It's easy to say you'd do the right thing while sitting behind your screen but if you actually were in that situation, even if you did it, you would do it after a long time of inner struggle.
>>
>>142405086
It's a buttblasted waifufag, stop wasting your time responding to him.
>>
>>142405049
>"in a heartbeat" would mean that you don't even have to put thought into your decision, and would never reconsider it.
Wow, great job making up a definition for a wording you didn't use yourself - shows how weak your argument is. Especially the last part, you have no shame. Disregarding that entirely.

That said, the quickness and determination is key, and that holds true. I would, but nothing there implies I would be happy to do so. I'm also quite obviously, not Shinji.

So congratualations, you've proved that you're autistic. What other disability will you demonstrate for us today I wonder?

>You on the other hand claim that you would kill a person you love in a heartbeat, which makes it pretty obvious that you never loved anyone
Saying that shows that you never have. No, your fictional characters don't count.
>>
>>142405059
Rei is the only one who DOESN'T get out of the cycle.
Even in her last moments, her actions are entirely because Shinji told her to. Even in the end, she's just the puppet of another Ikari.
>>
>>142405129
>nothing there implies I would be happy to do so
>"in a heartbeat"
You should look up what expressions are used for before using them yourself
"I would kill someone in heartbeat" definitely does not imply feeling sadness or regret over it
>>
>>142405086
>>142405106
Except that's you, not me. I said what I said, and since the start I was right in saying it. Since you're a manchild/womanchild and can't deal with being put in your place, you get butthurt.

You're confused because what you said was never right in the first place. Grow up, think back on it and you'll see I'm right. I mean, did you even think this blatant lie of an accusation here: >>142404657
isn't putting words in my mouth that I never said?

There's one fact here that you need to accept: People who love each other can, and do in fact, kill each other. It's a fact of life.

It conflicts with your pathetic and idealistic conception of life, but that's your problem. You need to change.
>>
>>142405155
She does it out of her own volition, though, because Shinji saw a tiny bit more in her than a clone of his mother that is to be used like a tool. Who knows how he had reacted had he known, but he considered her fully human, which left an impression on her. It's not a manipulative kind of relationship.
>>
>>142405129
You just responded to an idiot with one of the most autistic posts I've seen in a while. Well done.
>>
>>142405189
It does not imply anything about happiness at all, only about swiftness.

See how bad you are at this? Basically you're going full autism and semantics because you can't accept being wrong. You'll always be wrong because you're dumb. Get over it.
>>
>>142405243
>It does not imply anything about happiness at all, only about swiftness
No it does not. You seem incapable of grapsing very simple connotations associated with common expressions
>>
>>142405217
>She does it out of her own volition
Yes, it is her own volition to be a doll rather than a being capable of making her own decisions.
So much for "mother of humanity".
>>
>>142405155
Shinji didn't tell her anything, or communicate anything for her to do. It is Rei's initiative, something even included as a factual statement on the booklet accompanying the movie it happens in.

Tell me, how butthurt are you that you start lashing out at other characters with lies because you misunderstood Kaworu and now you have to deal with who he really is? Whos' next, Misato? Asuka? Shinji?

>>142405189
You should look up what expressions are used for before using them yourself. Last I checked, "in a heartbeat" only means that you'll do something quickly. Basically, if the world is at stake, if your loved one will die regardless, and your loved one is telling you to do it, you'd both know what was right.

Hypothetically, people are different, and the guy was earlier was asking what they thought others would do, so I don't get why he/she/it is butthurt about getting answers that conflict with what he/she/it thought.
>>
>>142405239
How else do you teach these idiots to not be idiots then? I just don't get how you can be so goddamned stupid. Is it a Kaworu fan thing to be lesser than your peers, intellectually speaking?
>>
>>142405204
I never argued anywhere that killing your wife isn't a fact of life. Someone argued not only that it was very common, but that it would be a simple decision that could taken very quickly.
That's obviously wrong, and as such I was compelled to argue against said retard. I'll stop now though, since it obviously isn't going anywhere
>>
>>142405309
>Shinji didn't tell her anything, or communicate anything for her to do.
He told her to let everyone be destroyed, she did, and then he told her to let everyone be able to come back, she did.
She did whatever he told her, not what she personally felt.
She obviously doesn't feel very much if she killed all of humanity just for the wishes of her new Ikari master.

Also funny you bring up Misato and Shinji, because they are probably the only two characters who actually did get out of the cycle.
>>
>>142405301
She did make her own decisions, what exactly are you on about?

>>142405281
>No it does not. You seem incapable of grapsing very simple connotations associated with common expressions
Choice rebuttal there.

I'm on the right side of the dictionary and common usage of the word here. You can off yourself if you disagree, because I nor anyone else will listen.
>>
>>142405301
No, it's her own volition to let Shinji decide what will happen because she values him more than Gendo. It's still a servile course of action, but far less so than doing what Gendo wanted her to do.
>>
>>142405348
>I never argued anywhere
Yeah right. I read the earlier posts. The blatant dismissal, denial and irrelevant rebuttals. All still there. Several people disagreed with you, and you just couldn't deal.

If I or the others only argued that "hey, dude, it actually can happen", then you should have shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>142405377
She lets Shinji decide because she's apparently too incompetent to decide for herself.
Just like when she told Asuka she'd jump off a bridge if Gendo told her to.
>>
>>142405419
You're really dumb
>>
>>142405372
>I'm on the right side of the dictionary and common usage of the word here

"I'd kill him in a heartbeat" = "I'd kill him but actually I'd feel really sad over it and regret the decision"
Good luck finding someone agreeing with you on this one
>>
>>142405371
You're getting it all wrong, since Rei is the one who is reaching out to Shinji. She's taking his wishes into consideration, and it's directly disproving that she'll do what she's told since she rejects the hell out of Gendo and others in the series.

It's even on the back of the booklet of EoE that it's of her own free will. Probably to shut up fanwankers like you, I guess.

Tell me, how butthurt are you that you start lashing out at other characters with lies because you misunderstood Kaworu and now you have to deal with who he really is? Whos' next, Misato? Asuka? Shinji? I'm sure you can make up some nonsense about that as well.
>>
>>142405487
I'm pretty sure the dictionary does.
>>
>>142405524
Not sure which dictionary you're reading
>>
>>142405487
>>142405420
Are you an idiot or what? "In a heartbeat" means you'll do something quickly.

Holy fuck Kaworufags are fucking disgusting. It's like you can't stand Kaworu or Evangelion. Look at how much hate you're bringing to the thread.
>>
>>142405502
>it's her own free will
Yes, her own free will to blindly follow the orders of the new Ikari.
She can't make the decision herself so she let's Shinji make it, despite being the apparent Mother of Humanity.
What a great role model.

I think I'll stick with someone like Misato who actually breaks free from the mold and acts on her own feelings and thoughts.
>>
>>142405487
Checking google tells me what everyone knows, that you'd do something quickly. If you've already established that there's no other way, and even your partner agrees, then yeah, it's plausible that one would do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>142405377
It's also her own volition to jump off a bridge if Gendo told her to.
If you can't handle that, you can't handle Rei. Sorry, waifufag.
>>
>>142405559
>"In a heartbeat" means you'll do something quickly
What is context
In the context of something like killing your loved ones or your parents, saying "in a heartbeat" has certain connotations that a child could figure out. You could just admit you had a poor choice of words instead of autistically debating something that doesn't call for debate
>>
>>142405568
>Yes, her own free will to blindly follow the orders of the new Ikari.
Doesn't even make sense. The "new ikari", is this some sort of title you made up? Blindly following orders? Watch the series, Rei put serious amount of thought into it.

Rei already made the decision to return to Lilith and all that jazz herself.

>hurrdurr what a great role model

Are you fucking retarded or what? What does that even have to do anything? Why would Rei be a great role model, why is anyone in EVA a role model for anything but psychological issues anyway?

Sticking with Misato, why the fuck do you need to stick with anyone at all? These are fictional characters.

Get help Anon, go see a psychiatrist right now.
>>
File: 1345310831096.png (176 KB, 376x474) Image search: [Google]
1345310831096.png
176 KB, 376x474
>>142405524
Pretty sure dictionaries don't define idioms. or hyperbole whatever that was. In a heartbeat means you do something in the space of one heartbeat.
Have you been getting it wrong this entire time? If you're native English then that's actually hilarious. You're a diamond dozen.
>>
>>142404538
Give me an example in real life where someone voluntarily murders his own wife but loves them.
If you kill someone out of jealousy or anger, you don't genuinely love them.
>>
>>142405617
Applying any sort of context doesn't change anything here. Even a child could figure that out. It means you'd make the decision quickly.

You are being so fucking autistic right now anon that I worry for you. You're literally rejecting reality and what people are telling you that they meant, and inventing your own because you cant' deal with being wrong.

This isn't a debate. It was literally three words, quoted here:
>In a heartbeat.

and you're going crazy about it. You even got explained that there was no strings of meaning using happiness attached to it, which there isn't at all anyway, and you're still trying to rewrite reality because you're that deluded.
>>
>>142405680
>Pretty sure dictionaries don't define idioms

Really? Is it a requirement to never have opened a dictionary to be a Kaworufag?
>>
>>142405650
>Rei put serious amount of thought into it
Really? Because it seems to me Rei switched from Gendo to Shinji in a heartbeat.
Literally just the next person who was nice to her. Yes, she's that shallow.

>Rei already made the decision to return to Lilith and all that jazz herself.
Yes, and the next step in her master plan was to use that god-like power to be a puppet to a human boy. Genius.

Rei didn't break free from the cycle. Someone like Misato did.
>>
>>142405717
I'm not the one going crazy here, you're the one jumping through hoops and getting increasingly abrasive because you can't understand that when using language, context is important
>>
>>142405680
>>142405557
Let me guess, both of you failed english class?
>>
>>142405745
>>142405785
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/in-a-heartbeat
>>
>>142405717
>context means nothing
Found the autist.
>>
>>142405686
>If you kill someone out of jealousy or anger, you don't genuinely love them.

Really?

>>142405783
Yes you are. You are inserting a context that doesn't exist to make up for your failed argument. You're obviously crazy.
>>
>>142405763
I'm not even an Evafag, but even I know you're wrong.
Best part is you're going ballistic over it in this thread.
>>
>>142405821
Really.
>>
You niggers are replying to someone who thinks shinji going "ok" and snapping kaworu's neck in a jiffie would have improved the scene.
Think before you post.
>>
>>142405821
>a context that doesn't exist
Post 1 : "Would you kill your love of your life who also says will kill humanity if you leave him, that easily?"
Post 2 : "In a heartbeat."

Here's the context. The first post uses broken english but should still be easy to understand
>>
>>142405779
>Really? Because it seems to me Rei switched from Gendo to Shinji in a heartbeat.
So, the entire 24-26 episode beforehand is a heartbeat? The development, the gradual change of opinion, the brooding moments where Rei thinks about her relationships months beforehand qualify as "a heartbeat" to you?

>Yes, and the next step in her master plan was to use that god-like power to be a puppet to a human boy. Genius.
Shinji was in a more-than-human position at the moment, and the third impact had already happened, Rei gives Shinji a way to rematerialize.

Rei herself isn't quite happy with life and is more happy as Lilith apparently, consciously and unconsciously wishing to return to that state.

Did you even watch evangelion?

>>142405812
>zero reading comprehension
Found the autist retard.
>>
>>142405821
The context always exists.
The phrase "in a heartbeat" implies that you'd do something without thinking, instinctively.
To say you would kill someone in a heartbeat definitely implies you don't give a shit about them if their life means that little to you.
>>
>>142405891
From that context, and the second post, there's nothing saying he'd be happy about it. There's even several posts after saying he wouldn't be.

Are you autist.
>>
"in a heartbeat" in British English
See all translations
in a heartbeat
โ€บ very quickly, without needing to think about it: I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
>without needing to think about it
>>
>>142405914
>>142405812
Excuse me, but are you just dumb or something?

As far as I can tell this isn't an argument about whether or not the context exists. It's an argument about whether or not the context applies in a way that would make any difference.

Which from >>142405891
we can clearly see, it does not.
>>
File: reiburger.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
reiburger.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>142405885
It's just the same butthurt Reifag who is mad at Kaworu's very existence.
I've learned to just stop giving it attention.
>>
What I learned from this thread:

Kaworu fans have less than 70 in IQ.
>>
>>142405952
So you would kill the love of your life in a heartbeat. At least you admitted it, sociopath-kun
>>
>>142405842
>>142405878
Pretty sure the fujoshit who's butthurt that someone would do it in a heartbeat is the one going ballistic.
>>
>>142405921
Why are you now pretending your posts aren't your own?
>>
>>142405991
Given the aforementioned context, yeah. Context applies, remember?

Because

>Your lover will die anyway
>Your lover is threatening to not just kill her/himself, but you as well, plus everything else you've ever loved

The choice is easy to make. Hence, in a heartbeat.
>>
Kaworu seems to make some retards unreasonably angry
I like him now
>>
>>142405991
Doesn't really make it a sociopathic thing. If your lover is trying to kill you (and a lot of other people), then it's self defense. Besides, that's what he said in the start.

Before this: >>142405980
insane Kaworufag got butthurt about it.
>>
>>142406009
I think you're the only fujoshit here, honestly.
>>
>>142398535
It's OK anon. Life and death hold equal meaning for best girl
>>
>>142402081
Yes. Humanity can go suck a bag of dicks.
>>
File: space kaworu.jpg (20 KB, 579x405) Image search: [Google]
space kaworu.jpg
20 KB, 579x405
>Life and death are of equal value to me
>I don't mind either way
>>
>>142406030
That's not how empathy works
you can perfectly understand that the one you love "should" die if you want to protect a greater good, on an intellectual level, but that does nothing to alleviate the pain it would cause you. It's not a decision that could possibly be taken without thinking about it, unless of course you never had feelings for them
>>
>>142405914
I don't see anything in what you wrote or any of the definitions posted that says anything about happiness in doing so. It's safe to lay it dead that the Kaworufag moron was wrong in implying that.

That said, let's apply the context. I don't see any problem here either, the context being murder of everyone vs just the murder of your lover. "In a heartbeat" is the only right answer as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>142404243
He literally commited soduku for Shinji. His AT field was the strongest of all the angels, he was in NERV headquarters and could control the Evas. Shinji stood zero chance.
>>
>>142406057
See that's the problem, you're rationilizing the act as "self defense" or "justified" when really that doesn't enter the equation when you're in love with someone. They could be the most evil fucker in existence, you still love them
>>
>>142406104
Who says it won't cause pain? Didn't the Kaworufag who tried that nonsense get BTFO earlier?
>>
>>142406125
>I don't see anything in what you wrote or any of the definitions posted that says anything about happiness in doing so
Except that's not the point. The point is that you didn't have to think about it. If you feel the slightest bit of sadness about it, you're not going to do it in a heartbeat
>>
>>142406183
It wouldn't cause you pain if you didn't have to think about it, retard
>>
>>142406104
What is your point exactly? Because it's been established many times over that "pain" isn't up for debate here. It's mutually acknowledged that it'd be painful.

Given the situation, it's already established that there's no other way. So it would be done in a heartbeat.

>>142406141
Rei's was the strongest according to ep 24.
>>
Reifag autist getting rekt in this thread
>>
>>142406141
Kaworu was being suppressed by Rei and possibly could have been overpowered by Unit-01 if the situation got dire enough. He still gave up but he wasn't in control by the end.
>>
>>142406146
Self defense and justification is the strongest motivations man might have. They literally can't be removed from the equation.
>>
>>142406224
>It's mutually acknowledged that it'd be painful
>So it would be done in a heartbeat
Sorry, come again?
>>
>>142406240
>Kaworu was being suppressed by Rei
Fanwank. No where in the episode does it imply this you dumb waifufag.

Kaworu had the strongest AT Field and would make Unit 01 mincemeat if he was actually serious. But he wasn't during that entire fight.
>>
>>142406250
Justification is an intellectual process. Love is entirely emotional. The two do not operate on the same level
>>
>>142406146
I think the problem here is that you're attempting to remove human instincts from the equation just because your argument doesn't work. Self-preservation is an extremely strong instinct. I'm not saying the instinct for love is weak, but I'm saying that people are liable to kill their husbands, wives or lovers in self-defense if they're threatened. The US alone has plenty of such cases. It doesn't just happen in movies, you know - it's even written into the law that murders of passion should be treated differently.

All of these things happen in a heartbeat. Because the situation was dire, and there was no other choice. There was imminent death.
>>
>>142406282
Okay, judging by the greentext it seems that you seem to think those two are somehow mutually exclusive. Care to rethink that?

Sometimes you need to act fast, and some people do act fast. They act brashly, instinctively - yes, in a heartbeat. Not always with the best of consequences for themselves, mind you.
>>
>>142406224
>Rei's was the strongest

From the script
>Another A.T. Field similar to the previous one generated around the terminal dogma.
>>
>>142406311
The instinctual need to protect oneself and the community operates on a lower level than love. Instincts process faster and are hardwired from birth. The need to protect yourself, the need to protect some fellowship if applicable - you don't get away from that.

The justification is biological programmed into you for good reason, without it you wouldn't be here getting wrecked in an online argument because you can't deal with the fact that Kaworu is garbage.
>>
>/a/: Heartbeats
>>
File: 69966990780.jpg (25 KB, 444x544) Image search: [Google]
69966990780.jpg
25 KB, 444x544
>>142406125
Do you just call everyone you don't like Kaworufags?
I don't have to care about the guy to know you're being retarded right now.
>>
>>142406398
From the screen: "STRONGEST AT FIELD DETECTED".

Then Rei of course, proceeds to break through Kaworu's.

>>142406311
That's a fair point, but I think the need to defend yourself applies even quicker. It's how humans and by the way, basically all other animals are put together.
>>
>>142406361
In that context Shinji isnt being threatened with imminent death by Kaworu. In fact during the long pause, Kaworu is entirely at his mercy. This is why he is conflicted, and why the scene works
>>
>>142406437
In my experience, Kaworufags are retarded, and if someone acts retarded while half-defending Kaworu, I put one and one together.
>>
>>142406449
>From the screen: "STRONGEST AT FIELD DETECTED"
Yes. The exact same screencap when Kaworu's AT Field was detected.
Kaworu and Rei's are both the strongest AT Fields detected of equal strength, this is something even stated in external materials.

And Rei never breaks through Kaworu's, you fanwanking waifufag. Maya even says that it disappears a second after it was detected.
>>
>>142406451
>In that context Shinji isnt being threatened with imminent death by Kaworu. In fact during the long pause, Kaworu is entirely at his mercy. This is why he is conflicted, and why the scene works

He was, as Kaworu himself informs him of what'll happen. Shinji knows of the danger of an Angel doing their thing down there, everyone is afraid of it.

Shinji has no way of knowing when Kaworu will pull the trigger, only that it will happen unless he acts. The exact same as a person pointing a gun at another person - you don't know that they will pull the trigger, or that they even will, but as long as the chance exists, it's not safe and you are in fact under imminent threat.

adjective
likely to occur at any moment; impending:
Her death is imminent.
projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.

This is why one shoots before the other guy shoots. This mode of thinking is why you're here today, by the way.
>>
>>142406405
There's no real community here for Shinji, the entire point is that he feels completely isolated. Kaworu is his basically his entire community. The need to protect oneself can be bypassed, otherwise how do you explain people dying for others, or for their ideals?
You're incredibly angry about being called out for a poor choice of words and are flailing around to save face from the beginning
>>
>>142406472
You're the only one in this thread acting retarded, so perhaps you're the Kaworufag.

You keep constantly bringing him up in every one of your posts despite him no longer being a relevant subject in the conversation.
>>
>>142406504
>Yes. The exact same screencap when Kaworu's AT Field was detected.
Only Rei's.

>And Rei never breaks through Kaworu's, you fanwanking waifufag. Maya even says that it disappears a second after it was detected.
She does, you butthurt husbandofag. Watch the episode again. It is said that it enters the other, and then disappears beyond the AT-field, since they can't monitor what's going inside the "bubble".

Listen to me:

You're a Kaworufag. You know nothing. You don't want to know anything. You only want shallow gratification, and that's what you are.
>>
>>142406514
Kaworu literally can't move when shinji grabs him. That's not being threatened with death directly. He is in a position where he can afford to think. Which is why it takes so long for him to finally crush him.
>>
>>142406304
They literally yell that there's a second powerful AT field followed by a cut to Rei. She's clearly suppressing him.
>>
>>142406548
>You're a Kaworufag. You know nothing. You don't want to know anything. You only want shallow gratification, and that's what you are
Imagine the kind of person writing sentences like this with a straight face
>>
>>142406515
No, you're angry anon. The choice of words wasn't poor. Every citation so far has given me the right. Every lie you've told so far has been proven to be a lie, and you have no credibility left. Even if the choice of words was poor, the fact that it was pointed out afterwards in more detail makes you look autistic and ass-angry because you won't accept the de facto answer and explanation because you just want to quarrel.

Shinji is in danger, so is mankind, and for the record, we weren't asking Shinji but other people. You're confused and destroyed. Take a break.
>>
>>142406548
>the exact same screencap when Kaworu's AT Field was detected.
>Kaworu and Rei's are both the strongest AT Fields detected of equal strength, this is something even stated in external materials.

>It is said that it enters the other
It is said that another At Field appears and then disappears. Nothing on it suppressing or breaking another one you dumb fanwanker.
>>
>>142406561
It's a direct threat of death beacuse of Kaworu's earlier belligerent actions, coupled with the fact that he outright states what he will do should he be released. This isn't up for debate.

Shinji's decision to act or to not act is what everything rides on in this moment.
>>
>>142406574
She's clearly not if they're both stated to be of equal power.
>>
>>142406620
I didn't say "suppressing it", the other anon did. It does however state that it is entering the other.

>>142406591
It sounds extreme but it's true. That is what Kaworufags are. It's also why they are impossible to hold an adult, rational discussion with.
>>
>>142406603
>Every citation so far has given me the right
Like when you claimed "in a heartbeat" only means that it would be done quickly, with no other connotations?
Your entire post except for this is just autistic rage so I wont bother addressing it
>>
>>142398476
P-sure I was more immersed in the music than the scene desu, what they get for using the 9th to both pad and "DEEPEN" their show
>>
>>142406637
>should he be released
That's the key part here. As long as Shinji has him restrained he's not in immediate danger. Which is why he doesn't, and can't, kill him immediately
>>
>>142406673
Like that time. With the context from the show, in a heartbeat.

It's the other way around, where you AKA the Kaworufag tried to imply that it had something to do with happiness and pleasure to do so. You even continued to quarrel even if it was said that it wasn't the case. You constructed strawman after strawman, and got them all tore down.

From this point on, I only accept your apology.
>>
>>142406669
The other anon is you. You flip flop and backtrack on things in a heartbeat.

Regardless, what I say remains true.

You on the other hand are being called out on your retarded and autistic rampage this entire thread.
>>
>>142404468
desu someone should make a RING RING edit of this gif with shinji and kaworu
>>
>>142406727
Does it need to be posted again?

"in a heartbeat" in British English
See all translations
in a heartbeat
โ€บ very quickly, without needing to think about it: I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
>without needing to think about it
>>
>>142406713
Considering that Shinji was unable to hurt Kaworu with his progressive knife when he tried, it's safe to say that Kaworu is merely standing down and could act if he wanted. Moreover, he is in immediate danger because the danger is right in front of him, contemplating to kill him. This is immediate danger, even if the whole scene lasts a minute. A minute is not that long of a time when it comes to deciding the fate of all mankind.
>>
>>142406770
No, it's safe to assume that Kaworu can't act anymore from Shinji's point of view. He's literally holding him with a giant robot hand
>>
>>142406757
I should request that in the draw thread
>>
>>142406770
Kaworu lets himself be caught with his own free will.
It's obvious that he's letting Shinji make the decision, therefore Shinji at least has some time to think.
>>
File: 9th symphony 4th movement.png (3 MB, 437x10000) Image search: [Google]
9th symphony 4th movement.png
3 MB, 437x10000
>>142398476
>>
>>142406935
I got goosebumps
>>
>>142406918
So getting caught was part of his plan all along?
>>
File: 1434051591700.png (158 KB, 454x404) Image search: [Google]
1434051591700.png
158 KB, 454x404
>>142406669
Sounds more like a good descriptor for you, if this thread is of any indication.
>>
File: tr504.jpg (121 KB, 793x960) Image search: [Google]
tr504.jpg
121 KB, 793x960
>>142406973
Kaworu's plan is whatever he's feeling at the current moment.
>>
>>142398551
I was, but that was literally the only good part in the entirely of NGE. Even scenes like unit 01 going berserk and Asuka's mindbreak just felt empty, as it felt like the show was trying to repetitively over explain the psychology of characters that really don't have that much depth.
>>
>>142407618
>Unit-01 going berserk
>psychology
Nigga those scenes were literally just Shinji/Unit-01 beating the shit out of an angel.
>>
>>142404551
The tension wasn't about kawaru you fucking retard
>>
>>142407046
I'd smoke weed with him, no homo.
>>
>>142408195
And there's psychology in that because the early implication is that berserks come from pilot instability and Shinji is established quickly as angrier than he lets on.
>>
>>142404551
I was on the edge of my seat for Shinji you fuckface.
If you couldn't empathize with him by that point in the show you are literally autistic.
>>
>>142410695
Even his name means anger
>>
>>142410805
That's a different Kanji.
>>
>>142405602
Sorry for the late reply, I had to go.
No, I'm not a waifufag and the only remotely good girl in Evangelion is Misato. Since you are such a special kind of retarded, I will lay it down for you again.

Scenario 1: Rei does what Gendo tells her to. The active agent is Gendo, the recipient is Rei.

Scenario 2: Rei lets Shinji choose the fate of the world. The active agent is Rei, the initial recipient is Shinji.

Again, it is still a very servile thing to do, but she is doing it out of her own free will instead of just carrying out orders.
>>
>>142404551
Kaworu plays a very minor role for the viewer. I was on the edge of my seat because they were getting to the very core of Nerv, and because of Shinji having to make a very tough decision that I'm surprised he went through with.
>>
>>142411805
She did both out of her own free will, you retard.

If Gendo tells her to go fetch the paper for him and she does it, she's following orders of her own free will.
If Shinji tells her to let him out of Instrumentality and she does it, she's still following orders of her own free will.
>>
>>142411988
What part about the difference between her passive role as a tool for Gendo and her active role in presenting Shinji with a choice didn't you get?
>>
File: cal chuchesta.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
cal chuchesta.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
>>142411805
>>142411988
>putting this much thought into moeshit mecha
>>
>>142412040
They are both passive roles, because at the end of the day she's just doing what people tell her without putting much thought into it herself.
It's her own free will to be a puppet.
>>
>>142412084
Although Rei's arc may be poorly written cliche drivel, the rest of Eva is actually rather good.
>>
File: COx7Wp1VAAAGQ1D.jpg (99 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
COx7Wp1VAAAGQ1D.jpg
99 KB, 1024x576
>>142404551
Kaworu is just a place holder for the one you love the most in your life.
Substitute him for your mother, best friend, lover, or something and then see how Shinji feels when he's told to kill him.
>>
>>142412126
I think her decision to let Shinji choose had a bit more thought behind it than doing what Gendo told her to. Also, I should have communicated this better, she isn't suddenly acting completely out of character, she still very much has that Rei-typical puppet air about her, it's just that the nuances differ. It's kind of a shame that Rei, being so important to the key elements of Evangelion, got only very little and only very poor character development.
>>
>>142406548
They said that Kaworu's was the strongest field they've ever seen but don't show it on a screen. They say Rei's is similar.
>>
>>142412317
You think so?
She chooses to follow Gendo because he's the nicest person in her life at the moment.
She chooses to ditch him for Shinji when he becomes the new nicest person in her life at the moment.

She doesn't know either of them fairly well, fuck she's only had like 5 actual conversations with the latter, but on the mere fact that this one person was nice to her out of everyone else who treats her with indifference she'll do everything and anything they say.
Of her free will, yes, but not giving much thought to it.

If she had gotten close to literally any other character besides Gendo or Shinji, she would have just chosen them to decide for humanity instead.
>>
>>142412482
You do raise a good point. Fair enough, I'll concede. And you also reminded me that I should rewatch Evangelion, it's been a few years.
>>
File: Best Girl (2).png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl (2).png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>142412621
It's the perfect time to do so, the Blu-Ray rips are up on Nyaa.
>>
>>142412743
Splendid, thanks for the heads up!
>>
File: 1464514597856.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
1464514597856.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Every thread, until you shave it
>>
File: Gendo lust.png (164 KB, 275x298) Image search: [Google]
Gendo lust.png
164 KB, 275x298
>>142413040
>>
>>142413040
>>142413097
>Clean shave happy Gendo
This is wrong on so many levels
>>
>>142412482
That's a thing, too, Shinji is Rei the 3rd's favorite thing in the world by default but he's treating her like a monster by then. She sounds so disappointed by the inside of his head pre-instrumentality and still gives him the Earth.
>>
>>142413428
It's sad.
I mean, given Rei's upbringing and isolation it was inevitable things would turn out like this, but there couldn't have been two worse people in the world for her to latch on to. Neither of them particularly cared about her. Gendo always only had eyes for Yui, and Shinji would only open his heart to someone like Kaworu.

But despite how much I pity her, at the end of the day I'm just left feeling her character arc was lacking something and not as complete as everyone else's. It didn't really have a moral or point to it because the whole point of the character, Rei's gaining of "individualism" was executed rather rushed and half-assedly.
>>
>>142413133
Clearly it was the beard that was causing him to behave the way he was the entire time. Fucking facial hair man, you can never tell when it's possessed by demons.
>>
>>142413040
This ad makes me uncomfortable
I've jerked off to some fucked up Eva hentai, but this is just severely off-putting
>>
>>142413791
I actually never saw it like that.
Thanks anon, you gave me something to think about it in my next rewatch.
>>
>>142413791
She continued out of faith in a different heart and hands, similar to his early push over icy hostility from disbelief in a disposable girl with nothing else. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>142414875
She continued out of desperation for anyone to treat her with some sort of semblance of value and kindness.
It could have been anyone, even the most disgusting serial killer in the land and as long as he treated her with what no one else would she would give him everything in return like she did with Gendo and Shinji.
She never put much thought into it.
>>
>>142414637
Kill yourself.
>>
It was better in the manga.
>>
>>142416730
Maybe more funny, but not better.
>>
>>142416801
Watching Kaworu murder that cat was the best thing I'd seen in a while.
>>
File: 0364766767.png (82 KB, 295x234) Image search: [Google]
0364766767.png
82 KB, 295x234
>>142416969
Karl is the funniest thing to ever come out of Evangelion. Too bad he'll never be animated.
>>
>>142413040
>Rei
>Gendo
>Kaji
>Asuka
who the fuck is that on the left? I know we joke about Shinji being best girl, but what the fuck?
>>
>>142417442
Oh, God, no. That's not Shinji. Is Mari, from the new movies.
>>
>>142401981
If you weren't waiting on the edge of your seat, you only "watched" Tom&Jerry.
>>
>>142417511
Oh. I've never seen those. Just watched the show, EoE, read the manga, and played the game.

Why the fuck would they just add a new character?
>>
>>142417570
It was to "break Evangelion" according to the interviews, in other words, to be able to do something new and separate it from the original. Though they didn't really give her really a character/development in the end, so who knows? With three of four movies we still don't know much about her really.
>>
File: 1295906770420.jpg (148 KB, 600x778) Image search: [Google]
1295906770420.jpg
148 KB, 600x778
>>142417570
To sell more toys
>>
>>142417679
I've been putting off watching them until they were all out.

That's really awful, and I feel let down. I'm still going to watch it, since I've pretty much been through the entire rest of the series, but I can't help but feel like this is going to be the worst part.
>>
>>142417809
You did good. After all this waiting I sometimes think it'd have been better to wait until all of them were done. Though I personally am also stuck between wanting to know how's going to end and the disappointment they're in contrast to the original show.
>>
File: 2.jpg (251 KB, 1200x1741) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
251 KB, 1200x1741
>>142417809
She was created to address a serious complaint from the fans
>where's my busty eva pilot you gook?
>>
>>142417809
Think about it -- how many fanfics add a Sixth Child? That's exactly what Anno & co. did when doing their fanfilm.
>>
>>142417809
>this is going to be the worst part
Not when Anima, the Transformers crossover and all the other toy/game bullshit exists.
>>
>>142418039
Okay, entire rest of the series might have been a stretch. I just mean the main stuff.

Those do sound awful.

>>142418030
No idea, I don't read fanfics.

>>142418025
No response.

>>142417987
Yeah, I heard about 2.0 a bit when I was last in Japan, I think it was a pretty recent release at the time.
I figured I'd wait, and here we are still waiting on 4.0. I feel like I made the right choice.
>>
>>142413040
Do you think that no one has ever seen this picture before, newfriend?
>>
File: hikari-anima.jpg (1 MB, 2647x3511) Image search: [Google]
hikari-anima.jpg
1 MB, 2647x3511
>>142418039
I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved that we will never get a translation of Anima.
>>
>>142418335
Kaworufags translated the last chapter for obvious reasons, but besides that I don't think we're missing out on much.
>>
>>142418335
You'd think it would be translated by fans asap evangelion being the goat anime and all
>>
>>142401981
Funny fact, anno is a tom and jerry fan. He accidentally listed it in his top 10 anime list.
>>
>>142418288
Does it bother you when it's posted? Does it offend you delicate and sophisticated tastes? Does it insult you highly intellectual sensibilities when pictures are posted on your super serious image board? Does it make you mad?
>>
File: largeanimepaperscansneozv8.jpg (65 KB, 576x789) Image search: [Google]
largeanimepaperscansneozv8.jpg
65 KB, 576x789
>>142418495
When it first came out, the translatorfags who looked at it all complained about the needlessly complicated language being used. The most I've ever seen translated are chapter summaries.
>>
File: 1305236607164.jpg (635 KB, 800x4846) Image search: [Google]
1305236607164.jpg
635 KB, 800x4846
>>142418288
Clearly
>>142417442
hadn't seen it before.
>>
>>142419217
I can here the fucking berserker scream coming from that 01 and I can't stop laughing.
>>
File: 1448143982391.jpg (65 KB, 625x688) Image search: [Google]
1448143982391.jpg
65 KB, 625x688
>>142419217
>ebin shipper /toy/ meme
Sometimes I feel the surest proof that God doesn't exist or is possibly malevolent is the presence of shippers and similar creatures.
>>
File: 1asdfghhjgfds.jpg (106 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1asdfghhjgfds.jpg
106 KB, 560x560
>>142419623
I think it's joke friendo. You know, like, for laughs. Not meant to be taken seriously. That sort of thing.
>>
>>142419696
I was under the impression the aim of a joke is to be funny.
>>
>>142420559
humor is subjective not objective. just because you dont find it funny does not mean it isnt. it just means it might not be.
>>
>>142420703
Well I surely treasure the evaluation of a gaiafag who can't be assed to capitalize their sentences. You've convinced me.
>>
File: Rei a shit.png (150 KB, 360x274) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shit.png
150 KB, 360x274
Fresh reminder that Rei looks like a toilet seat and Asuka is the best character
>>
>>142420824
No kidding.
>>
Hey, i've been an Eva fag for a month or so. I can't understand why u guys hate kaworu. He's just something more/less (depends on your philosophy) than human. He just doesn't give a shit. That's why he is interested what choices humans do. By loving or hating him You fullfill his desire and reason to exist.
>>
>>142421025
He's just as human as all the other Angels. I understand the plot is something that NGE doesn't really give a shit about but this is an important point.
>>
>>142421025
Edit: To live or die
>>
File: 44067043.gif (2 MB, 495x308) Image search: [Google]
44067043.gif
2 MB, 495x308
>>142421025
Only waifufags hate him because Shinji wanted to bang him instead of their waifu.
>>
File: truth.gif (136 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
truth.gif
136 KB, 704x480
>>142420824
>>
>>142420824
Best character is Shinji.

Best girl is Misato.

I want to say there is no best girl, because that is false. One will be better than the others, even if they're all bad.
>>
>>142410695
The early implication is that berserks are the will of the Eva itself, you know like how the Eva shields Shinji from falling debris in episode 1? And then it turns out that's completely true, because Eva Unit 01 houses the soul of Shinj's mom.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.