[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't kid yourselves. This arc will be as bad as Super 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Don't kid yourselves.

This arc will be as bad as Super 17
>>
>Super 17
I wish, I want to see him again.
>>
>Bringing back Goku as a villain

Or

>Hell breaks loose and literally every villain comes back
>>
>>142371940
This. Super 17 arc was awesome.
>>
>>142371756
Super 17 arc was great, memelord
>>
>>142371756
So, still better than Cell?
>>
>>142372585
>>142372784

No it was terrible and only GTfags so far up their own asses would think this way.
>>
>>142373554
Explain why it's terrible.

This is where the memelords turn tail.
>>
>>142372585
>>142372816
Holy shit you guys are retarded.

>>142371940
>Hell breaks loose and literally every villain comes back only to be one shotted and have no interesting developments come from it
ftfy
>>
>>142373620

Doesn't work like that, you guys made the claim it was great not me. You gotta defend your points and then I can shred it to pieces. Get to scrambling wikipedia pages and pretending to know all the events in the arc faggot.
>>
>>142373841
I just watched through all of GT recently, so sure.

Nozawa kills it as Kid Goku. Unlike Nadolny, she makes him sound like a smug fucking prick, as opposed to a grating Krusty the Clown knock off. As such, his interactions with Freeza and Cell were comedy gold.

We've had two super genius villains in the form of Gero and Myuu, both of whom were capable of creating beings far stronger than many naturally occurring cosmic threats, through two different approaches. In this arc, we see those two approaches combined.

A lot of people riff on the bad guys having bodies, but everyone who only remembers watching GT on Cartoon Network 10 years ago forgets that we see a Dragon Ball crack from the minus energy right at the end of the Baby arc - before even that mini-arc tournament episode. Combine this with Shenlong - after all 7 evil dragons are defeated - making note that the dead coming back to life was also because of the minus energy, and it's pretty reasonably explained.

When Goku gets out of Hell, he punches #17 across the fucking planet, and then Super 17 just stays where he is and fires blasts BACK across the planet at Goku. That's a sense of scale that I can appreciate. Once we got to the Freeza arc, the powers and abilities of the characters reached ridiculous heights, and the following few arcs didn't do quite enough to demonstrate this (some stuff in the Buu arc I guess, but still not really that much).

We also ACTUALLY get to see #18 have some characterization. She gets the Krillin button pushed, and she and #17 actually have a moment. It's because of her distracting him that Goku's able to finish him off. On top of that, the distraction wasn't actually necessary because #17 actually still cared about #18. Without #18 getting in the way, Super 17 would have just blasted Goku away. Literally more useful than she's ever been. Also pretty sure it's the first time she and Goku even converse.
>>
File: 1430322722457.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1430322722457.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>142373841
They could have done more with the bad guys coming back, but even without doing more it was cool to see on its own. More than Super's been giving us.

There was no mention of Gotenks. In the Baby arc and in the Evil Dragons arc, Gotenks is considered by the characters (and thus the writers are teasing us with his existence), but it's turned down as "pointless". If you're going to tease it, then fucking deliver. This arc at least had the tact to not tease us with something it wasn't planning to deliver on in the first place.

No Pan trying futilely to play with the big kids. In the Baby arc she forces her way to going into space, and in the Evil Dragons arc, she's the only one to tag along with Goku from the getgo. Here, the writers were nice enough to give us a fucking break from her.

Shit, Dende and Piccolo are also actually useful. More character usage from characters who didn't really do all too much recently either before or after.

We see Videl and Chichi getting ready to go fight some niggers, and that kickstarts Bra's saiyan nature a bit (pic related).
>>
>>142373841
Forgot one more:

Piccolo fucking heaven up just to be sent to hell was a good gag. Then, afterwards, he gets to be a regulator in Hell. That's a pretty good bit of closure for a former demon, I think.
>>
>>142374357
People actually defending GT...

>Keeping Goku a kid throughout the series
>First saga = poor attempt to mimic Dragon Ball's feeling of adventure
>Minion "stronger than Majin Buu!"
>Pan being able to fight against said minion
>Android 17 + Android 17 (with a trenchcoat!)=SS4
>SS4 isn't a natural progression from SS3. You can skip from SS1 to SS4 if you can control G.Oozaru
>SS4's magic pants. Also why is Goku ONLY an adult as SS4?
>Becoming Golden Oozaru because of "blutz waves" is bullshit
>Trunks was lame.
>Goten was a complete shit character
>So was Marron. Shit and useless.
>Bra, with her being the daughter of Vegeta and Saiyan heritage, never fought. Shit character.
>Uub, the second coming of Goku, was shit
>Even after fusing with Buu. Shit.
>No adult Gotenks, not like it matters because Trunks/Goten individually were ruined.
>Pan not becoming SS. But Goku Jr does.
>Piccolo was basically absent. Except when they killed him off.
>Same with Krillin
>Was Tien even in GT?
>Kid Goku being ridiculously powerful
>Kid Goku's base form = SS3 Buu Saga Goku
>Despite that, Kid Goku cannot hold SS3 for a decent time
>Kid Goku beating Freeza & Cell at the same time, base form, with a stick
>Kid Goku dies. Instead of actually dying, he plays a board game to go back to life. Because fuck you that's why
>7 Shadow Dragons, basically only Goku fights
>GT stands for "Goku Time". Fuck everyone else.
>SS4 Vegeta was useless
>Vegeta in general was useless. Except for technically being a villain.
>Final villain was bland, lame, and had a boring personality and terrible design
>>
>>142375193
Oh shit, this pasta again. Well, I'll reply the same way again:

>No adult Gotenks
>Pan not becoming SS
>7 Shadow Dragons, basically only Goku fights
>those board game episodes

These are true flaws with GT. The rest of what you posted is either false, or doesn't really matter.

You didn't even touch on actual flaws, like a great deal of story points taking 2 or 3 episodes, when they only warranted 1 episode (pretty much every bit of plot advancement in space prior to them meeting Baby and that mole dragon).

GT's mediocre overall. Which is to say that it's not nearly as bad as you memelords make it out to be, but also that it's far from any sort of "essential viewing", save for the most autistic of DB addicts who somehow didn't get enough with Pilaf-Buu.
>>
>>142371756
My first husbando
>>
>>142375193
Better than Super.
>>
>>142375917

Pass me whatever drugs you are on.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.