[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just watched Conqueror of Shamballa. The show was freaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Fmamovie1-poster.jpg (27 KB, 270x381) Image search: [Google]
Fmamovie1-poster.jpg
27 KB, 270x381
So I just watched Conqueror of Shamballa. The show was freaking amazing, I was hooked from start to finish especially as its my first anime But the ending twist regarding the Gate was freaking retarded.

Then the movie was even dumber.

I mean, at the end, the Ed decides that since he's on Earth for good he needs to fight its wars. And it's about to be WWII. And he lives in Germany. Does this whole freaking amazing story of two brothers trying to survive and make up for their mistake end with them dying in Russia after Hitler went full idiot?

Please tell me Brotherhood is better. Since it's the true story I can only hope the ending isn't retarded.
>>
There's no alternate reality bullshit in Brotherhood, at least.
>>
Never watched the movie and never will. No point in wasting time on filler.
>>
>>142252261
This is good to hear. I haven't really looked up the differences between 2003 and Brotherhood for fear of spoilers but that was my biggest concern.

>>142252293
Don't. Ed in the real world is as retarded as it sounds.
>>
Brotherhood is definitely better. Characters (especially homonculi) are better fleshed out and Al doesn't need to literally become the philosopher's stone to stay relevant. He's just as capable as his brother.
There's also more than a few cool characters that never made it into the original anime, like Olivia Armstrong and Ling.
>>
>>142252434
Why was the Philosopher's Stone so underwhelming in 2003? Took the whole damn thing to bring Ed back.
>>
>>142252220
After this movie came out, there was a short animation set in modern times in the real world. It depicted Ed as 100 years old, still with his automail arm, with grandchildren who looked exactly like the young versions of Ed, Al, and Winry.
>>
>>142252575
That sounds intensely stupid
>>
>>142252575
But how? Winry isn't on Earth.

Man, I had a blast taking off my pants and watching this on Thursdays but the ending was so dumb. Can't wait for the real story.
>>
File: Winry.gif (994 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
Winry.gif
994 KB, 500x248
>>142252220
Brotherhood is leagues better than this shitfest. The only downside I can think of is the first few story arcs move at a fast pace since it's pretty much what you saw in the original with better animation.

In the end, it really depends on your personal taste anon. But a few people hated Brotherhood because it wasn't "edgy" enough like the 2003 version where they added shit like rape and a bittersweet ambiguous ending. In Brotherhood they earned the ending they got, I won't spoil it since judging from your post you haven't watched it. But since you didn't like the ending to this one, I think you'll like Brotherhood.
>>
>>142252220
I don't remember much of this pointless movie but one thing that will stick with me is:
>Nazi's invading Armestis
>With medieval knights in stupid impractical armor
>And they only bring >500(?)
>Pretty sure they don't even have guns
>Somehow shocked when they lose

You'd think they would equip their men better, or just find some way to drive tanks through the portal.
>>
>>142252220
Didn't care much about the story, but the homonculus battle was amazing.
>>
it had Nazis
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.