[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody explain why an LN getting Yen Press translations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 7
File: Yen-Green.png (28 KB, 341x249) Image search: [Google]
Yen-Green.png
28 KB, 341x249
Can somebody explain why an LN getting Yen Press translations gets everybody mad?

Does Yen Press take some sort of action towards the translators (like DMCA on their blogs/sites), or is it just that the translators get lazy and drop said series because there's somebody who will do a translation (Why bother doing it when other people are gonna do it anyway?)
>>
>>142233426
>Does Yen Press take some sort of action towards the translators (like DMCA on their blogs/sites)
Yes
>or is it just that the translators get lazy and drop said series because there's somebody who will do a translation
No

Their translations range from good to meme infested shit.
>>
Because /a/ is full of people who can't be bothered to pay a few dollars for a book when they think they're entitled to it for free.
>>
>>142233484
yes and yes actually
>>
They are slow as shit
>>
>>142233509
Really? what did they drop?
>>
>>142233484

Pretty much what this guy said.

They have to stop translating it because it's now officially licensed. Another problem besides the poor quality of some of the translations (which can't be excused as easily as with manga or anime because that has other qualities to it than the wiriting) is that Yen Press or other publishers will take several years to fully translate a novel series.
>>
>>142233552
konosuba
>>
>>142233486
>can't be bothered to pay a few dollars for a book
[This reply is unavailable in your region.]
>>
>>142233484
>Their translations range from good to meme infested shit.
perhaps you should stop reading meme infested light novels
>>
>>142233426

All of their releases seem incredibly cheap production wise.
>>
>>142233575
Was that really the reason far konosuba? translators mostly drop series because of fears for DMCA's.
>>
>>142233426
Mainly because takedown notices, mediocre quality and really slow translations. If a fan translation finished 3 volumes and gets taken down it'll take Yen Press a few years to even catch up.
>>
LN translators are a bunch of sissies, if manga translators can easily ignore dmca take downs there really is no excuse.
>>
>>142233426
Yen press took the fan translation and published it as their own.
And started sending DMCA notices.
>>
>>142233665
he never really gave two fucks about takedowns, and konosuba actually was hit (for whatever reason) before it got licensed and he just put it back up without batting an eye
he's just being a white knight now, says he wants people to support the author so he won't do it anymore if there's a legal alternative
>>
>>142233743
has he taken down that excellent fan fic of his?
>>
>>142233709
Factually wrong.

It would take them a year to do 3 volumes.

LN fags are slow as fuck with translations themselves like fucking vanadis and Tokyo ravens take forever.
>>
>>142233774
Not always, some series even take them a year to even start the translation after shutting down fan translations. Though you are generally right that many translators are really slow, I'd guess Yen Press is about average in that regard.
>>
Yen Press effectively kills the translation and makes it that much harder to recruit new members.
>or is it just that the translators get lazy and drop said series because there's
somebody who will do a translation
No, that is definitely not the case. And in some cases YP's translations are worse than the fan translations. To put it this way; YP licensed LNs are translated by college kids looking to make an extra buck to save on costs. So the quality is approximately the same as that of a fan translation. But their releases are slower, much, much slower. Spice and Wolf getting licensed near the end set it back 7 years on releases. A fucking sequel came out before YP managed to catch up.
>>
>>142233897
>Being this buthurt you start lying

The fan translators are lazy and scared to continue, that's all there is to it you retard.
>>
>They take forever to translate

Not supporting it one way or another, but this is a publishing thing and not a matter of how long it takes to translate. They stretch out reales for a couple of reasons.

One is that its to act like a safety net. They don't want to spend the time and money putting out all the volumes only for the first to flop, much less the others.

It's also to stretch out sales. They don't want to blow their load all at once, they want to stretch out sales for years. They want it so that when a new volume hits the new release shelves, people who see it and are interested go back and buy the first volume to give the series a shot even years after the first volume is out.

And its also about cost. Publishing a book series is a big investment. They don't want to release 3-10 volumes of one series in the same month as it would cost a ton.

Fan translations don't need to worry about all of this as they don't really have money involved.
>>
>>142234017
It is common knowledge that CR and YP use ex-scanlators and fansubbers who may or may not have credentials as translators. Fakku too, now that we're on the subject.
I will not deny that certain translators (I'm looking at you Larethian, Seitsuki) will use licensing as an excuse to drop the project however. Usually this comes as a result of them burning themselves out, or losing interest in the project. If they were lazy, they never would've translated the work to begin with. I think you're severely underestimating the amount of work that goes into translating LNs.
>>
Same shit happens for visual novel in the west. Sekai killed fantranslated vn's. We got shitty moege's like nekopara instead.
>>
>>142234131
And that's why no one likes YP.
>>
How is it that there is 130,000,000 japanese speakers and 400,000,000 english speakers and somehow there is problems with shit being translated, if i fucking knew japanese i'd spend all my free time translating shit because i know that literally thousands of people will enjoy it
>>
>>142233426
The worst part about YP is if a series they pick up and DMCA fan translations for doesn't do well they will stop releasing new volumes of it but won't allow fan translations to start up again.
>>
>>142234290
Because it's about money, not actual translation speed.
>>
>>142234207
Sekai project was originally a fan translation group for School Days.
>>
Everyone's pissy after the Space Wolf incident
>>
>>142234290
Because the Japanese are stupid and insular.
>>142234332
CruchyRoll has more subscribers to their streaming service than the fucking NFL. The money is clearly here.
>>
>>142234159
>Losing interest or burning yourself out as soon as you get hit with a DMCA after doing like 5 or more volumes in a series with no complaints prior

Yeah sure they are, keep telling yourself that you deluded guy.
>>
>>142234332
You could literall make money by translating shit on here with a trip, then become known for your work, then start taking requests from anons for money. I gurantee you people on here would begin paying for things to be translated.
>>
>reading LN
>its up to like 12 volumes
>yen press licenses it
>"hey guys we wont do fan translations anymore because we dont want to be DMCA'd"
>Yen press releases at like 1 fucking volume a year

Guess ill never find out how series ends.
Repeat x50 times.
>>
>>142234286
> it's an /a/ wants free shit post
>>
You know, you guys wouldn't be having this problem if you just learned Japanese.
>>
>>142234446
>Reading garbage ongoing LN's that never ends

Who's to blame? There are no good ongoing LN's besides the few that are on some long ass Hiatus.
>>
>>142234505
Few of us even need it realistically speaking.

If I had a job or wanted to visit japan then yeah sure, I just get by on the free shit being pumped out since this is just stuff I do in my free time.

You are right in what you say, but its not a problem, its just whiny bitches that make it a problem in finding out about our fantasy's
>>
>>142234508
I thought Anti-Magic was pretty good, the final volume is coming out in about two months as well
translations beyond volume 11 never;_;
>>
>>142234401
Larethian was burnt out and fed up long before Mahouka got licensed. I've seen it happen to members in my group as well. Last year we lost R, who translated several chapters of volume 16 and later told us not to use them after fan translation drama on the wiki. S too burnt out.
>>
>>142234488
>it's a shitpost
>>
>>142234588
>Larethian was burnt out and fed up long before Mahouka

Not the guy you talking to but i could probably understand the guy, that LN reads like a damn text book manual so no wonder why that shit stresses him translating that.
>>
>>142233897
Fuck off Lon
>>
>>142234588
Well sure 1 guy probably does that but most I've seen just say shit like
>Since its done officially I'll do something else not localised

Literally telling you they got scared over some petty DMCA as if mangafags haven't been ignoring this for years.

RE Zero manga is taken by YP too and there is still translations of the manga regardless.
>>
>>142234902
I don't disagree on that. My point is that they didn't get lazy all of a sudden. LN translation is not for lazy people to begin with, this shit takes a ton of work.
>>
(to any translators that might be here)

How did you guys learn japanese? I want to start learning, but preferably without using websites of some kind.

Oh, and english is my second language. I don't really have a good grasp on it. It's no time to be learning a third language but what the hell, I just want to learn japanese.

Not for LNs or any anime-connected reason, by the way. I just want to.
>>
Speaking of Yen Press, are their translations good?
>>
Since when does /a/ give a fuck about stuff that aren't anime/manga? How does this shit affect this board in any way?
>>
>>142235051
lurk more
>>
>>142235051
LNs are potential future anime, they're not all that offtopic.
>>
>>142235076
So we can discuss vidya too since there are potential anime for that as well?
>>
Anyone ever stop to think that maybe FAN translators are FANs that want FANs to support the series they're FANs of?
>>
>>142235125
No because there is a vidya board

There are actually 4 of them
>>
>>142233486
>That's it, Anon, be a good goy and give your money to the Eternal Jew
>>
>>142234987
>>142227223
>>
>>142235239
And there is /jp/ or even /lit/ where you can discuss your jap book shit, what's your point?
>>
>>142233590
Esto.
>>
>>142234987
>but preferably without using websites of some kind.
Like saying you want to phone someone using the phonebook. Why not?

As for me though I'm by no means a translator there was a doujin I wanted translated. I sat down with several dictionaries and grammar books, and tried to translated the thing. I never released the translation (it's fucking terrible, as you might expect), but it was a good crash course into how Japanese works.
>>
>>142233426
Most of the hate they get is because they send DMCAs and shit to blogs and sites and of course LN translators are way too retarded to find ways to upload their translations elsewhere without getting hit or being afraid of DMCAs.

Other than that, they are also slow as balls.
>>
>>142235484
I just prefer books..

Reading from a screen is tiresome, especially when you you're reading a lot.
>>
>random mention of FAKKU
>>
>>142233426
Did you know Nico Tanigawa won't allow yen press to dmc anything watamote.
>>
>>142235875
Invest in an e reader

It doesn't beat paper, nothing beats paper, but it's as close as you can get. I have a Kobo h2o and I love how I can carry a whole library around, battery life is also decent and eink screens are really easy on the eyes.

My only complaints are that even with a 6.8" screen it feels a bit small for manga and I miss out on colour pages in manga and LN illustrations. Colour eink technology is even a thing, but none of the major players are adopting it into their products because the majority of text only book readers wouldn't ay for it.
>>
>>142235807
I never understood why LN translators don't use BitTorrent trackers to distribute their work like everyone else.
>>
>>142236250
because books aren't that big
>>
>>142236250
Because once we release them it's no longer any of our business who sees what. Also, torrents show a list of peers/seeds and it can easily be traced back to us.
>>
>>142236250
>>142236504
I don't get why we can't have something like #bookz for this.
>>
>>142236504
>Also, torrents show a list of peers/seeds and it can easily be traced back to us.
>it's 2016 and people are still scared of torrents
>>
>>142236570
Basically because we don't give a fuck about you fans and because it's too much trouble. We do this for ourselves, we each have our different reasons for translating and there's no one single answer.
>>
>>142236618
You could just upload releases to madokami (it has a novels section now) and only announce on /a/ if you're afraid of being traced

You technically wouldn't even need a blog or anything. But whatever, there's no arguing with you if you don't really care about distributing your work.
>>
>>142235031
Depends totally on the translator.
>>
File: bait.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>142233426
>>
>>142236727
The answer to that is a "no". We upload it to a random DDL site and share the link. Redistribution will be a job for the fans. Jesus, is there no limit to how lazy you are? Everything has to be in place where you can find it with the least amount of effort.
Fuck that, the hours you spend looking for a single link are but a fraction of the time and effort we put into making your free little "fix".
>>
>>142236848
No need to get so worked up mate.

Do as you please, thanks for the "fix".
>>
>LN gets licensed
>fan translation gets taken down
>years pass before Yen Press catches up
>it's been so long that nobody cares about the series anymore
>>
>>142236727
It's all about the (you). You can't form a proper circle jerk without your own website.
>>
>>142236848
>The answer to that is a "no"

You can go fuck yourself and stop being a whiny asshole then.
>>
>>142236932
This is why everyone hates Yen Press
>>
>>142233426
>DMCA
In most cases, yes.

>translators get lazy
And that's the main reason. Lack of attention - and donation (the main reason) - since they can't do it on their own blog/website anymore.
>>
>>142234017
Why are LN translators such pussies anyway? Manga translators don't care about shit like that. For LNs it should be even easier to continue translating but they get scared so easily.
>>
>>142237160
They're not scared. It's just an excuse to quit, as it always has been.
>>
>>142236727
how delusional do you have to be to think translators care about /a/
>>
>>142237297
Well, js06 is here. And at least he is not someone who will stop translating.
>>
>>142236570
There are LNs on #bookz
>>
>>142233484
>Yes
Only rarely. Like, SAO and S&W to name just two examples carried on happily after the license was announced and they didn't get arrested for it.
>>
>>142233426
It doesn't get me mad. I'm glad we have Yen Press out there for LN translation.
>>
>>142233897
Total bullshit, your whole post, that is.
>>
>>142233719
Really? I got hit by tons of dmca's and I still translate, they only managed to take down the blog.
>>
>>142237708
And yet their translations are shit? I can't judge all of them but the most I read are. Maybe they are just not cut for translating LNs.
>>
>>142237758
And what do you translate?
>>
>>142237808
To be fair most LNs are not top notch literature and are basically glorified fan fiction
>>
>>142237808
There's nothing wrong with the majority of them. NGNL, which is really only a personal agenda, and Log Horizon, where the translator suddenly does well for Baccano, are the only two I can think of.
Hataraku is pretty damn good, as an example.

>>142237758
>take down the blog
That's the most they can do.
>>
>>142237899
Lots of things, Lost Universe, Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, Rune Soldier Louie and a shit ton of manga.
>>
>>142236848
Why are LNfags such bitch niggas? No wonder why YP have you fags under control.
>>
>>142233897
>YP licensed LNs are translated by college kids looking to make an extra buck to save on costs.
Source: your ass. Most of them are professionals with years of experience translating in the industry.

>Haruhi vol 1-4 - Chris Pai (Strato, fan translator)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=74988

>Haruhi vol 5-11 and S&W - Paul Starr (professional)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-starr-8926993

>SAO, SAO Progressive, and Durarara!!- Stephen Paul (professional)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=46338
https://twitter.com/translatosaurus

>Accel World - Jocelyne Allen (professional)
http://www.kaikatsu.ca/

>Another - Karen McGillicuddy (professional)
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/karen-mcgillicuddy/23/821/bb1

>Index - Yoshito Hinton (professional) and Andrew Prowse (some JLPT N2 nobody)
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/yoshito-hinton/52/71b/349
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-prowse/1a/53/970

>Danmachi - Andrew Gaippe (some freelancer nobody)
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-gaippe/a3/725/5a6

>NGNL - Daniel Komen (some freelancer nobody)
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-komen/60/194/652

>Maou-sama! and Kagerou Daze - Kevin Gifford (professional)
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-gifford/6/724/699

>Log Horizon and Baccano - Taylor Engel (some literally who)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=112877

>Black Bullet - Nita Lieu (professional)
http://translation.nitalieu.com

>Strike the Blood - Jeremiah Bourque (professional)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeremiahbourque

>Overlord - Emily Balistrieri (some part timer)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilybalistrieri
>>
>>142238028
Fuck off.
>>
>>142238102
Can't handle the truth?
>>
>>142233486
It's not so much that as not wanting to wait for YP to take years to catch up with the fan translations to get new content when we were already getting it at a reasonable rate.
>>
>>142234508
>all long running series are garbage
I like Narita's series, and they have shitton of entries. At least Baccano will be coming out with more than 1 volume per year, I think. And most of them were already translated.
>>
>>142233426
>Can somebody explain why an LN getting Yen Press translations gets everybody mad?
Because you can't please everyone.
Casuals who don't know the difference between shit and good translations.
Otaku who get bent out of shape with their autism when something is wrong.
>>
>>142238028
Says the guy who sits on his ass all day
>>
>>142238326
Even though i don't there is nothing wrong with that as compared to some bitch nigga who puts effort in to his work then would half ass his distribution just to then complian about hur dur YP are evil.
>>
>>142233486
>few dollars
>£16 for a light novel volume with less than 200 pages of text that'll arrive beaten and torn from importing
>£6.99 for digital copy
It's sad when you consider that the Japanese market for light novels really is a few throwaway dollars; cheap enough that I own some I can't even read.
>>
LN translators are the biggest entitlement pussies

This thread shows it true nature, I hope YenPress gets kicked out when Kadokawa finds a good business partner who knows what the fuck is going on.

They have ruined Oda Nobuna, Strike The Blood and Konosuba fanbase.
>>
>>142234488
Dude shut the fuck up you retarded nigger faggot, nobody has time to wait years for the official sources to play catch up. By then the people who were waiting don't even give a shit and moved on to other things.
>>
>>142239396
>I hope YenPress gets kicked out when Kadokawa finds a good business partner who knows what the fuck is going on.
If you think anything /a/ has said would make remotely competent business strategies, I hope you never make it past doing part-time manual labor.
>>
>>142239053
>£16
Where the fuck are you buying from?

>£6.99
Try £5.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VVNFA3M/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00QLQGKTC/

>£6.99
Try £4.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01F7UOSVO/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0196KW1S8/

>£6.99
Try £3.99
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01BOOM9RW/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01FRASAYU/
>>
>>142239609
>I hope you never make it past doing part-time manual labor.

Nigga pls, I work for the government I'll abruptly end your in a heartbeat.
>>
>>142239609
How about doing omnibus releases instead of teasing it out one measly volume every three months so that it takes two years to catch up with even the anime? Black Bullet was only a 1cours show and Yen Press still won't be caught up until August. When they fuck will they catch up with Strike the Blood anime?
>>
>>142239775
4chan is for 18+. Go back to 9gag, kiddo.
>>
>>142239704
Well damn, they've gone down to £14.99 now. Personally I preorder through WHSmith since they tend to put prices on items before they understand what they are, Sainsburys used to be good for that too but they lost so much money they shut the site down.

>Amazon digital links
I don't own a Kindle so I'd have to pay the unsubsidised RRP, and who wants to pay £5.99 for a digital release when I can buy physical books for that price?
>>
>>142239974
>Go back to 9gag, kiddo.

I dun wanna so fuck you
>>
>>142240032
>I preorder through WHSmith
Christ almighty, preorder it from Amazon or BookDepository instead. Hell, BookDepository will even get it to you before the street date if you live in the UK.

>I don't own a Kindle so I'd have to pay the unsubsidized RRP
Uh, what the fuck are you talking about, the price isn't any different whether you own a Kindle or not, even without a Kindle you can buy it, download it with the Kindle desktop program, and strip the DRM. Or better, buy it from Kobo at the same price that Kindle charges but which sells it in EPUB format and doesn't compress the images to quality level 40 jpgs.
>>
>>142233426
My main complain is their speed. Sure I understand why translating too much/too fast would be a bad idea business wise, but its still annoying to know that we'll never reach parity with the original version.

And yes, a lot of time they are faster than fantranslator, but it doesn't matter when the fantranslation are ~10 vol ahead and the fans need to wait ~4 year until they get to read a new volume. At that point who give a damn?

In the ideal world they'll translate all available novel at once and sell it to us as a bundle or something. Of course they'll never happen.
>>
>>142239817
Omnibuses don't work as well for LNs as for manga. Manga volumes generally just stop whenever there's enough chapters so you can put them together without too much problem, for LNs it would be literally two separate stories in one book and people might get confused. I think Vertical is doing that for Seraph of the End but no one else is as far as I know.
>>
>>142233486
All Yen does is delay when I read a novel on the internet.
>>
>>142240196
Anon have you looked at prices on those sites? Why would I pay £4 more plus postage on Amazon? And BookDepository is getting as bad as Wordery for hacking their books with box cutters.

Kindle prices have always undercut competitors, but it doesn't matter when I'm still unwilling to pay the same thing for a digital light novel as I do a 600 page genre paperback.

Also we were talking about Yen Press' RRPs. Can we at least agree those are retarded?
>>
>>142240684
Not him but you are such a retard.

You can get amazon prime for free on a month trial and cheat the system to do it every month to get free postage and 1 day delivery.

Seriously don't know why you are complaining about prices when you can get it for cheaper.
>>
>>142240802
But it's not. I don't care about free Prime postage when a volume is £5 with free postage on one site, and £8 on Amazon.
>>
>>142238663
Please enlighten me about how you don't sit on your ass.
>>
>>142239775
Sure you do.
>>
>>142240684
>StB v1 is £10.46 on Amazon
>DRRR v1 is £10.68 on Amazon
>Index v1 is £10.68 on Amazon
>Overlord v1 is £10.49 on Amazon
>Spice and Wolf v1 is £9.98 on Amazon
>Maou-sama v1 is £10.68 on Amazon
>SAO v1 is £6.29 on Amazon
Anon, have you looked at the prices on those sites?
>>
>>142241346
I got Overlord and ReZero for £7 each on WHSmiths, so yes, I shop around.
>>
File: QwYw8.jpg (17 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
QwYw8.jpg
17 KB, 720x400
>>142241429
Okay anon, I was just responding to the £14/£16 figure you seemed so fond of in spite of apparently having been getting them for half the price from WHSmith all along. Where exactly are they sold for this ridiculous price, because YP's RRP for (say) Baccano V1 is 20.00USD/25.00CAD which is hardly £16 even in this economy, more like £12.
>>
>>142241744
Correction, more like £13. Still.
>>
>>142233486
I can't say I'm very enthusiastic about paying when the delivery costs more than the books themselves.
>>
>>142234290
Haha you're so full of shit anon. Go read your high school backwards and tell me again youd want to translate
>>
>>142235390
Because you can't actually discuss LNs on either of those sites. All the people who care about LNs are on /a/ and trying to make a thread somewhere else will just net you shitposting or a dead thread.
>>
>>142236727
>doesnt contribute to my site
>doesnt contribute to the community
>wants shit

If you think I give a fuck about feeding your parasitic ass, you must be an absolute retard. Go back to first grade. If you want to leech off of me, you're going to have to sink your fangs into me. Im not going to help you
>>
>>142242073
And making a thread here doesn't get you shitposting?
>>
>>142238028
Why are leechers such pussy betas? No wonder there aren't any translators willing to stick up for you
>>
>>142233486

/a/ people are kids and teens with zero incomes, LNs are marketed to adults that enjoys read LN bedtime stories to children.
>>
>>142241744
Most stores list the RRP next to their reduction, if you look at Waterstones they usually don't bother reducing anything so they're still £14.99 on there. When I preordered some sites were quoting £15.99 as the RRP, but it's been revised since. Even if I'm not paying the full RRP I still have to work with whatever can be knocked off from them, and it doesn't sound good when compared to paying 590yen, or how denser fiction novels from niche publishers still come out cheaper. I'm only picking up titles I can essentially cheat on by catching companies who don't know what they're doing.

The £5-£8 example I gave was for Yen Press' latest Yotsuba volume if that clears up confusion there. And if you're not aware of it, despite worldwide free postage BookDepository inflates its prices for items bought through UK IPs.
>>
>>142242373
>BookDepository inflates its prices for items bought through UK IPs.
Is that because of VAT?
>>
>>142242469
Probably, I've seen someone in mainland Europe screencap having different prices too.
>>
>>142242369
>LNs are marketed to adults that enjoys read LN bedtime stories to children.
Two years worth of semen made a glopping noise as it flowed endlessly into Asuna.
>>
>>142242488
I'm trying to parse your poor English, but I'm guessing that you're questioning the assertion that /a/ reads LNs. Lots of people on /a/ read LNs; they're the prose equivalent of anime, manga, or VNs.
The catch is that most people don't read prose, period. A lot of anons don't have the attention span to read manga, much less a novel. The people shitposting about how LNs aren't real novels or what have you are just trying to justify their own illiteracy.
>>
>>142233486

4chan never pay or support his favorites mediums

-/tv/ dont pay hbo
-/v/ dont buy videogames
-/g/ dont pay office
>>
>>142242469
>>142242537
Wait, books don't get VAT when they come through customs, so it must be a 0% rate. BookDepository is just being shits.
>>
>>142242299
Unless it's a thread of a specific popular LN (like Oregairu), then no it doesn't. At most a few people will pop up to call LNs shit and one person will try to argue that LNfags should read actual literature. Aside from that, you can get hundreds of posts of peaceful discussion since there actually people willing to discussing things.
>>
>>142242740
Look mane money is tight right now. I'm good for it.
>>
File: spiceandwolf43.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
spiceandwolf43.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
>>142237606
>S&W
The initial team quit, and a second team had to finish the rest underground. Only a select few got access to the translations per novel before they finished and no longer had to worry about progress. It was all very secretive with a leak here and there.

If that's what it takes to not get arrested, I can understand why translators drop out.
>>
File: 1388448954087.jpg (17 KB, 491x495) Image search: [Google]
1388448954087.jpg
17 KB, 491x495
Would people be more accepting of Yen Press if they did like Crunchyroll and kept honorifics in to pacify the weeaboos?
>>
>>142242800
Well, Haruhi V10-11 were translated pretty openly and received no grief so there's that.
>>
Why there is still no baka-tsuki alternative which doesnt bent over for jews?
>>
Why there is no horriblelns and horriblehentai? Why horriblemanga suck so much?
>>
>>142243079
Everything could easily be hosted on a blog with links to google drive and Onedrive so you can read online. Simple.
>>
>>142242368
Well i don't give a fuck either way, if you are gonna waste your time translating something just for you to be a retard and get yourseld DMCA'd then have all your work taken down that's cool. I don't even have anything against YP either.
>>
>>142242827
They left some honorifics in Strike the Blood. Specifically Akatsuki-senpai, Nagisa-chan, and Kojou-kun are still in there. It is inconsistent though because for example Natsuki-chan was dropped and just becomes Natsuki.
>>
LNfags are the biggest cucks in this whole hobby/fandom.

>Tolerate shitty practice like machine translation
>Willingly donate to shitty translator
>Almost all translator and their fans are part of some shitty circlejerking community.

And I thought manga scanlation scene are toxic. I bet a large factor why LN fandom is so shitty is because most LNfags are illiterate ESL that can't even differentiate machine translation crap with a real translation.
>>
>>142243876
>LNfags are the biggest cucks in this whole hobby/fandom.
That's not VNfags.
>>
>>142243876
>singular 'translator' instead of indefinite 'translators'
>not using the subjunctive 'were' in a supposition following a form of 'to think'
>"differentiate ... with'

>calling others illiterate ESLs
>>
>>142244048
Machine translations and shit like translations from Chinese are generally disliked by VNfags in my experience. I've never seen an LNfag having standards about translations.
>>
>>142244164
*a disproven supposition, that is.
I also forgot to take the shitposting trip off. Boy is there egg on my face.
>>
LN threads get deleted almost instantly, yet a thread about YP's LN translations is around for hours.
Good job, mods.
>>
>>142244479
Its [current year], 4chan is hotbed of shills.
>>
>>142244233
>I've never seen an LNfag having standards about translations
Except when it comes to nitpicking the official translations, evidently.
>>
>>142243436
You apparently care enough to get butthurt about it. Go back to lurking and keep the shit that comes out of your asshole away
>>
>>142234587
https://ghostbin.com/paste/ag9by
https://ghostbin.com/paste/qecqs
>>
>>142235135

this pretty much.

pirates can fuck off.

you don't support games nor manga creator so go die already.
>>
>>142243436
Get a load of this faggot
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.