[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monogatari Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
So my Nisiofags I have a question to ask.

How good is Zaregoto compared to the monogatari series?
>>
>>142199972
Nobody absolutely fucking knows.
>>
>>142200065
But the LN is licensed though and came out a while ago?

I'd buy it if it didn't cost fucking £70.
>>
>>142200217
So what?
>>
>>142200259
I'm saying there must be a fag here who bought that shit ages ago to know and wanna know what they think of it.
>>
Does Ougi Dark happen after Suruga Devil?

Also where the fuck was Shinobu during Ougi Formula and Sodachi Riddle/Lost?
>>
>>142200373
Nobody did, nobody knows.
>>
File: 1459654355195.jpg (139 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1459654355195.jpg
139 KB, 1191x670
Depends on what you like, zaregoto has a lot more blood and action but not a lot of long dialogues and funny moments. So whichever you prefer, people getting gibbed every 5 minutes or Araragi messing around with girls.
>>
>>142199972
It's usually considered Nisio best work by far.

First book is a somewhat convetional murder mystery with a lot of character study about the MC, second one is a much less conventional work.

If you want to get a general idea, I'd say that If you liked how Nisio made the monogatari character study arcs (Sodachi Riddle, Nadeko Medusa, Tsubasa Tiger, Hitagi End) and the mystery parts (like Ougi Formula), you will like it for sure.
Same style, but the content is very different, though, so even the people who didn't like monogatari could like it.

>>142200373
Ignore that newfag, we had some Zaregoto threads during these years.
>>
>>142200845
>evolution.jpg
>>
>>142200910
Forgot the links, here you go

http://zaregoto.ftp.sh/
http://www.suiminchuudoku.net/tl/index.php?title=Zaregoto
>>
>>142200845
>>142200910
Cool, sounds right up my alley and thanks for the links, was gonna be pissed if the only way i could get it is pay like £70 for the first one.

Last question, are each volumes directly related to each other in this series?
>>
>>142199972
Better.
Read 1-5.
>>
>>142201373
There's gonna be an anime adaptation soon you know.
Yeah the volumes are in chronological order.
>>
>>142201474
Alright thanks, i better read it so beforehand .
>>
>>142201373
>Last question, are each volumes directly related to each other in this series?

The volumes are in chronological order, but first two books area about stand alone cases. Dunno about the later volumes.

>>142201474
>There's gonna be an anime adaptation soon you know.

Another reason to read it now, before watching the adaptation. Also, as far as I know, we don't even know what they are going to adapt, some people believed that it will be Jun's spin-off.
>>
>>142201678
I was just saying that it's an odd timing to start reading a series that came out more than a decade when it's finally getting an anime adaptation in the near future, might as well wait for the anime at this point. But if you want to read then go for it.
>>
File: 2012.jpg (47 KB, 614x426) Image search: [Google]
2012.jpg
47 KB, 614x426
>>142201783
>near future
>recommending an adaptation that isn't even out over the source material.
>near future
>recommending an adaptation that isn't even out over one of the most highly regarded LN series.
>near future

Anon, you are so full of shit it hurts.
>>
>>142202060
People who care about it read it like 8 years ago, people who don't might as well wait for another year.
>>
>>142202125
Yeah, because people can't start caring now, and should just wait for the adaption for no fucking reason.
I like you, we need more totally unreasonable people who post the most nonsensical ideas ever.
>>
>>142200910
Most of those are arcs are my favorites in the series. Zaregoto mite b gud.
>>
>>142202292
Take a chill pill speglord.
>>
>>142202349
It's ok anon, I didn't want to hurt your feelings, as I said I like people like you.
>>
>>142202430
You get triggered way too easily over nothing, just go and have a wank.
>>
>>142202494
Actually, I'm not the one crying right now because the mean anon hurt my feelings after posting nonsensical shit.
But, anyway, I'm sorry if the words "unreasonable" and "nonsensical" are too much for you, next time I will use kinder words that won't hurt your feelings, ok?
>>
>>142201783
An anime probably wouldn't cover everything so might as well read it desu.
>>
Based on the summaries it is much more edgy and nonsensical.
>>
>>142202882
>nonsensical.

Pun intended?
>>
>>142201778
>some people believed that it will be Jun's spin-off.
That was mostly because of the images on the site before the reveal. It's definitely an adaptation of Zaregoto.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.