[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUTSUU NI NARITAI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: aika.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aika.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
Can someone explain why the Elevens keep using this cliche? When you're a normal person suddenly gifted with supernatural powers/put in fantastic scenarios/become surrounded by hot girls with various quirks, you'd legitimately need a 2 digit IQ to turn all that down to "have a normal life". Is it just laziness in writing, or is there something in Japanese culture that keeps this shit going? Are the Nips really so brainwashed that want to live a boring wageslave life instead of doing something extraordinary?
>>
>>142174673
> 2 digit IQ

About 50% of the population has a 2-digit IQ.
>>
>>142175969
I may have been overestimating the average person's intelligence, but the question still stands.
>>
Blame normalfags and their shit society. Besides, the target audience aka bitter fat otaku virgins - majority of them are failed normalfags and they would kill and betray anyone just to be like others. So this kind of behavior is perfect for self-inserting.
>>
>>142174673
I can't say for a japanese. But asian people in general were taught that they "shouldn't" be standout or special.
>>
>no computers
>no internet
>no anime
>no video games

yeah fuck that, I'd take real life over some backwards fantasy world any day
>>
File: dont be a necromancer.jpg (24 KB, 330x255) Image search: [Google]
dont be a necromancer.jpg
24 KB, 330x255
Being exceptional is overrated. Your values and perspective gets warped around what you can get away with that most can't so even if you can wrap around the way people think you'll never be able to sympathize with them and you'll have to stand on eggshells and keep doing perspective checks so things don't go awry for you.

Being normal is the path of least resistance and you've got a lot of company to walk it with you.
>>
>>142178176
>choosing a method of escapism for lack of an amazing fantasy experience over the actual adventure
I think I found the target audience for OP's complaints.
>>
>>142174673
>making a Code Geass reference complaining about a trope that is a key to Code Geass

wew lad
>>
>>142178665
>stuck in one shitty fantasy world instead of being entertained by countless thousands
>>
>>142174673
nips are afraid of being overwhelmed
>>
It's an easy way to create conflict.

>Cool thing happens
>MC screams that he wants to be normal and resists
>he gets pulled further into the situation despite his protests
>repeat
>>
>>142174673
>have to risk your life everyday in life and death battles because of said powers
You conveniently glossed over the worst downside of this arrangement.
>>
>I want to be normal

Really?
>>
>>142175969

>>142176672
>just to be like others
Eww.
>>
>>142177892
But it becomes weird in a series where taking the special route is portrayed as a cool thing in universe or the right thing to do, and the character still insists on rejecting it.
>>
With great power comes great responsibility.
>>
>>142180343
This. 9 out of 10 times, when you get into that not so normal life it's no where near as cool and fun as you'd thought it would be. Risking your life, suffering painful injuries, etc. If you were really on the other side you wouldn't be so happy.
>>
>>142184006
Yeah, it's better to get back living as a slave cog in a huge soulless machine.
>>
>>142174673
>Japanese culture
I don't know about you, but I'd reject that adventure shit immediately, and I'm pretty sure most people I know would as well. Running around trying to save the world is a dream you have as a kid - as an adult it just sounds like hard work. As for the hot girls, you're on fucking /a/, you should be able to empathize with the average MC in not being a socialite or 3D-lover and not wanting to become one.
>>
>>142184100
>muh special snowflake
Found your issue.

>>142174673
Do you think this is a fucking Japanese thing? Are you new to fiction? It's even got its own goddamn step in Campbell's monomyth - the refusal of the call. People like things the way they are, the chance to do this extraordinary thing is seen as a bother by many, not just in Japan, but everywhere.
>>
>>142184100
Yup, it's clearly best to suffer horrible injuries, to kill and to almost be killed.

In the end, it's pretty much the grass is greener on the other side.
>>
>>142184302
It's better to die in a glorious fight as a great warrior than dying from old age as a nobody. You're gonna die anyway you see, it's not like it matters even if you die earlier.
>>
>>142184620
That's your opinion. And not one shared by everyone. Some people would rather die at old age in the middle of nowhere instead of in the middle of a battlefield with a sword in their gut.
>>
>>142184620
So why aren't you raiding an ISIL camp right now?
>>
>>142184302

It sounds better to me, even with the hardship and the pain. But maybe I'm just frustrated and want to find a way to let it all out of my system.
>>
>>142184620
You're not planning to blow yourself up are you?
>>
File: kazama shin.jpg (29 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
kazama shin.jpg
29 KB, 225x350
>>142174673
most people have this ridiculous fear of death and have been brainwashed to believe that being different, or wanting to be different, is bad. Just look at this thread, plenty of anons are saying the same shit but hiding it with memes.
>you're just a special snowflake
>you're edgy
>it would involve fighting so it's bad
i for one welcome any prospect of a fun fight. i did spend time in high school picking fights with the guys on the sports teams, and i spent ten years on karate until winning tournaments, even national ones, was a breeze. I can only find enjoyment in combat and conflict, and if that makes me edgy or immature so be it, but i'd rather do what i enjoy than try to live up to other peoples expectations or wishes
>>
>>142185101
7/8, you had me on the fence until "I can only find enjoyment in combat and conflict," and if you're going to give the game away that's about as good a line as any to do it with.
>>
>>142185175
We need a good war.
We've been at peace too long.

Yeah it is horrible, but we evolved to need it.
>>
>>142184686
Life past 70 is horrible.
We do not live healthy that long.
>>
>>142185175
Do you think this is a motherfucking game? Do you think i am being ironic or sarcastic? all that is what i really feel. Of fucking course you wouldn't be able to believe it. Fuck, you probably think this post is sarcastic as well
>>
>>142174673
why is Tail-blue so flat?
>>
>>142185331
Joke's on you famalam, I'm going to be hooked up to VR permanently after I get debilitating cancer at 65.
>>
>>142185439
because she's a perfect goddess
>>
Pretty sure this one is as simple as wanting to look "cool".

If you don't want your special power then the fact that you endure it means you are cool enough o carry the burden, and we can all admire someone who carries their burdens with dignity and grace.
>>
File: 1322739164341.jpg (27 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1322739164341.jpg
27 KB, 150x150
>>142174673
>When you're a normal person suddenly gifted with supernatural powers/put in fantastic scenarios/become surrounded by hot girls with various quirks, you'd legitimately need a 2 digit IQ to turn all that down to "have a normal life"
I dunno anon, most of the shitty reincarnation/transportation stories nowadays have the cheating MC want to live out the rest of his life as a rich harem master in the new world and they never give any serious thought to getting home to Japan. It's not like how it was ten years ago.
>>
File: 1464576134016.jpg (104 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1464576134016.jpg
104 KB, 720x960
>>142184620
ow the edge
>>
>>142186271
as expected of fucking normalfags, anything against their brainwashed ways is "edgy"
>>
>having superpowers is cool
Yeah, it is cool, but in the end, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like to stand out that much. People get jealous when they don't have the same thing as you, you'll be the target of envy and lust and hatred. Government will track you down and capture you in order to open your head and see how it works. If there are other people with powers, the competition will be fierce and you might get killed. Standing out means being an abnormality, and society is a living system that doesn't like abnormalities, like any other system. Of course, there's a certain error marging society is willing to have (every system needs to release pressure). People who don't dislike you will have expectations of you as a seigi no mikata and will put some blame on you if you don't meet them. Some people might even do killings just to challenge you.
Honestly, even if I had superpowers, even amazing stuff like time-space manipulation, I would still lead a normal life and no-one would know about it. It would be better to manage time and resources though, kinda want it now.
>>
>>142186499
>being this much of a cuck
unless your superpowers are useless i'm pretty sure the whole point is a way to escape the chains of society, ie being able to resist the government and other people. if i didn't have anime to watch, i'd be trying to take down those chains superpowers or not
>>
>>142186499

It makes me wonder what's wrong with people. I wish we didn't have these flaws.
>>
>>142186561
Have fun fighting off the rest of society for the rest of your life then.
>>
>>142175969

Oh that's depressing. No way, I refuse to believe this.
>>
>>142186675
I hope this is bait, but in case it's not - the fucking definition of a 100 IQ is the median, idiot. If the median goes up or down, the meaning of 100 IQ shifts with it. It is literally impossible for less or more than roughly 50% of the population to have a two-digit IQ.
>>
>>142186561
Do you alone have what it takes to instaure another system? You cannot break a system, say "ごくろさま" and go home after that, you'll destroy entire countries and cause indirectly more deaths than the current terrorists do. And even if you do have something, you have no guarantees your system will hold depending on how people are treated. You wish to break away from society? Learn that everyone has needs and desires. Life eats life. You cannot have humans together and not fear conflict. You cannot have lifeforms together and not expect conflict. No matter what you do, society is a necessary evil. It doesn't have to follow the capitalism model, but lifeforms need to interact to live. Otherwise, might as well kill everything on Earth and leave the planet to whatever lifeform might exist beyond the stars. Or do like the Anti-Spirals and reduce ourselves to formless blobs that need nothing to survive and live as one like people connected to a Matrix.
It's sad, but we don't have a choice. To live normally means to be in conflict.

>>142186585
It's just the laws of nature.
>>
>>142186757

Well, you know what? Screw nature. I want a different nature. But I suppose there's no room for that sort of thinking.
>>
>>142186418
That term is a normalfag defense mechanism to express being offended while still sounding "cool".
>>
>>142186585
It's kind of the inherent flaw of the system. But on the other hand, a world without the system isn't exactly better. So you just have to pick your poison.
>>
>>142174673
it's your parents' job to teach you this shit
>>
>>142192711
Care to explain then?
>>
>>142185101
>being different, or wanting to be different, is bad

Being bullied in your school years (in Japan) may do that to you. "Hammering the nail that sticks out".

Will you try to be different when you know you're gonna get hell for it?

For better or worse though, that mindset isn't very popular in the west. People who go against you are dismissed as "haters". Yes, that attitude may get you somewhere one day, but there are also people who refuse to change their ways exactly because of that.

>>142186271
Every mention of "edge" I see nowadays on /a/ is nowhere nearly as close to the actual meaning of the word. I'm not going by the dictionary meaning like some faggot, but nowadays everything that tries to do something slightly different is called edgy.

How is the thing that anon said "edgy"? Can you explain it to me?

Being a manly man makes you an edgy person?

So be it then.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.