[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Samurai Champloo last episode >servant is seen killed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: shot3309.png (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shot3309.png
3 MB, 1280x720
>Samurai Champloo last episode
>servant is seen killed by the Guard Captain
>Mugen explodes
>Jin is stabbed through chest, looks like both heart and lungs were hit

>cue end scene, everyone is magically alive
>sun is suspiciously bright
>soothing music

Soooo they're all dead right and this is the afterlife right?

Also why is Shinichirō Watanabe so based? I just finished Samurai Champloo and holy fuck this was good. I swear Champloo and Bebop are the only chinese cartoons where I felt really invested in the characters.
>>
Now watch LOGH. Major character investment.
>>
>>142150011
Yeah, Watanabe is pretty good.
The biggest problem I have with Eva is that every character is a horrible, miserable person and they all treat each other terribly. And I think alot of people misunderstand that as being "deep" or arty when it's really anything but. There's nothing insightful about a writer shoveling loads of misery and despair into his work because the world sucks. I'm not calling Anno a hack-fraud, but I think that Shinichiro Watanabe has proven himself multiple times over to be an overall better storyteller. CB and SC are not deep or insightful, they're just simply GOOD stories, with nearly flawless execution; and that to me makes him a better writer and director.
>>
>>142151308
Also I personally find Watanabe's OSTs infintely better then Evas desu. Specially Cowboy Bebop. Say whatever about the animation or plot, but that OST is just pure secks. Champloo is also very decent, although you can tell it's an early 2000's production, while Bebop is pretty timeless with it's perennial bluegrass.
>>142150842
But I am waching LOGH anon and I like it. But LOGH is more for politics than for storytelling.
>>
>>142151592
LOGH had some of the most cathartic scenes I've ever experienced in any medium.
>>
>>142150011
i forgot how good that chain guy fight was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGm8aOzeeHs

dub was awful compared to bebop
>>
>>142153616
True. I had to force myself to switch to subs when watching Bebop, didn't happen with Champloo.
>>
>>142153616
dub was good. you are fag. Kari Wahlgren and Kirk Thornton and Steve Blum are great.
>>
>>142155690
>>142153616
speaking of dubs i never really enjoyed bebop dub, Blum's voice felt pretty forced and smug compared to Yamadera

only beau billingslea's performance was superb
>>
>>142150011
Funny how you mentioned SC and its ending.
A friend of mine, who works with a company I shall not name, says that they are infact dead. Them three going on their own separate ways at the end, symbolizes the split of the trio, and moving forward to their "journey" to the after life.
If you notice in the end, the only people alive in the scene are the trio, and the old man.
Although it's not proof that they are dead, you have to wonder why those 4 are the only ones shown, and not other random characters like throughout the series.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.