[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please explain the appeal of this show, because it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ccpylp3lw1yfuldfff3e.jpg (878 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
ccpylp3lw1yfuldfff3e.jpg
878 KB, 1280x1024
Can someone please explain the appeal of this show, because it seems that after 20 years this show is treated like the Godfather of anime.
>>
Evangelion is the 2001 A Space Odyssey of anime, not the Godfather.
>>
3 Dimensional characters.

Except for Asuka, obviously.
>>
>>141886963
>>141886949
Followup: Code Geass is Godfather.
>>
Did anyone ever actually watch Godfather? I feel like people say they watched it when they really didn't.
It was awful.
>>
Directing
Realistic action scenes (for the most part)
Gainax crumbling mid-production in front of everyone and giving no fucks
Anno
>>
>>141886880
It's pretty bad. I watched it all 2 weeks ago. It was like a dude who heard about the bible from a 3rd hand source wrote an okay giant robot story then forgot what he was writing this for.
>>
>>141887946
>2 weeks ago
>being this new
what happened to you, /a/?
>>
>>141887427
are you 12 or something?
>>
>>141886880
Muh deconstruction
>>
>>141886963
Butthurt Reifag detected.
>>
File: 7035479.png (160 KB, 403x700) Image search: [Google]
7035479.png
160 KB, 403x700
>>141886880
Babby's first psychological anime
>>
>>141887427
>It was awful.
Get better taste you fucking plebeian.
>>
I liked the mecha, angel, and architectural designs

I thought it was novel to approach mecha in a somewhat more realistic manner and show the repercussions of fighting to the death with alien creatures on youth

Admittedly, I had seen only one other mecha series prior to watching NGE, and that was G Gundam, so NGE wasn't actually that novel. Furthermore, much of Anno's "symbolism" is likely pointless that he included to look cool, although it wouldn't be fair to argue that it is entirely devoid of meaning: especially in EoE I thought he did a rather good job in giving his symbolism actual meaning.
>>
>>141887427
Godfather and Eva are both great. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>141887946
What was he writing it for? Surely you know
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.