[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently about 3/4 of the way through this. I'm surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: desertpunkpromo[1].jpg (607 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
desertpunkpromo[1].jpg
607 KB, 1024x768
Currently about 3/4 of the way through this. I'm surprised it doesn't get talked about more.

Reminds me of a less serious Planetes for some reason.
>>
>>141145214
Because it came out more than a decade ago.
>>
Read the manga from the start after finishing the anime.Shit is now getting pretty good, though slower somewhat.
>>
>>141145214
I was watching it up to when the OP changed (chapter 16 I think?) and I HAD to drop it becuase of how much potential I thought the show had, yet it couldn't take itself seriously.
It doesn't help the ammount of fanservice the show has, and the poor budget they gave to it.

I saw some pages of the manga the other day though, I might try reading it one day.
>>
>>141146090
You know, that GOAT-material ED should have been an indicator of the show's seriousness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnS327n3NMQ
But yeah, fuck GONZO budgets
>>
File: Desert-PunkVol-005-Ch-028.png (215 KB, 857x1205) Image search: [Google]
Desert-PunkVol-005-Ch-028.png
215 KB, 857x1205
>>141145951
It is glorious. Such detail.
>>
>>141145214
Personally hated it, can't understand how it's even popular on /a/. (Though I did drop it after finishing the second volume, so I suppose it may get better)
>>
>>141145951
>Read the manga

has it finished scanlating?
>>
>>141146210
Thats exactly the weird thing, you start by thinking "this shit is going to be guns and stupid shit only" yet it adds some character development and world building and it tricks you into thinking that maybe it would start taking itself seriously and go somewhere (you know, just like how DB started as a joke manga and it turned into something much more serious)
>>
>>141146364
>finish
You wish but we do get some chapters every now and then.
>>
>>141145214
Has one of the best dubs actually.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.