[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show any good or just shounen shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11
File: 67333l.jpg (73 KB, 311x450) Image search: [Google]
67333l.jpg
73 KB, 311x450
Is this show any good or just shounen shit?
>>
It's shit. The MC is a huge fucking moralfag.
>>
>>140992621
Doesn't matter, just watch it faggot.
>>
Good. Ignore the shitposters saying this was trash, honestly it was one of the better anime in recent years.

The main gripe I have with this is there will be a certain fight near the end of the anime and wow......let me just say that I did not like how it ended.
>>
>>140992621
I just watched this this weekend. I liked it. The fights are good the plot has some nice twists.

This is the only "Fate" series I've watched, and I know nothing of the games. What other Fate series/movies are worth watching?

>>140992717
Speaking of fights at tge end... yeah, there's one that drags on way too fucking long, mainly because the two characters have the same conversation like, 5 fucking times, just the same same shit said over and over in slightly different ways. Yeah, I get it! Can we finish the fight?
>>
>>140992621
It's garbage
>>
>>140992621
find out yourself retard
>>
>>140993714

I can get past the repetitive dialogue but the way he won the fight was fucking stupid that is all.
>>
>>140993714
try fate zero
>>
>>140993714
I would recommend reading the visual novel, otherwise have a look at Fate/Zero or DEEN/Stay Night
>>
File: Mirai_fukuin_kara_no_kyoukai453.jpg (125 KB, 1547x662) Image search: [Google]
Mirai_fukuin_kara_no_kyoukai453.jpg
125 KB, 1547x662
Its good. People just shit post on it because it didnt quite deliver every piece of dialogue the VN had. Otherwise the general idea of Shirous problems are well delivered and theres nothing to cry about.

Scenes are good and animation is top tier expect for rhino. Sounds and voice acting is great but music is pretty cliche.

One of the better fantasy animes that have come in the last 20 years
>>
>>140992621
fate zero better
FSN original shit
FSN UBW better than original, but not great
>>
Read the vn
>>
>>140994251
>Fate/Zero is better
It had it's moments but man more than half that show was sitting around plotting. It doesn't help that most of the characters are snorefests.

On the otherhand hotwheels was an absolute riot to watch. So I have mixed feelings.
>>
>>140994207
Please, stop saying FSN is good while posting a picture of the only actually good thing Nasu has done, this could anger me.
>>
>>140992621
Yes
>>
>>140995099
Iskander is most of why Zero is good. The other reason is Saber actually being an interesting character. I really enjoyed the contrast between her methods and Kiritsugu's.
>>
>>140992621
Better than Zero not as good as Kara no Kyoukai. I just hope they don't fuck up Heaven's Feel.
>>
>>140992621
One of the best of the last decade.
>>
>>140995733
Fuck off.
>>
>>140995099
>he doesn't like the F/Z plotting
F/Z's build-up was one of the best I've ever seen in anime. You could actually feel the tension even from casual scenes, and the mini character arcs were great. And Saber and Gil were overall better and actually had personality beyond "muh brick"/"muh mongrel". The banquet of the kings in itself destroys anything done by the Fate/Stay Kitchen VN.

>>140996286
Sorry, did I hurt your feelings, Fatefag?
>>
It's good shounenshit.
>>
>>140996403
No but if you like KnK, you literally have no right in calling any of Nasu works shit.
>>
Only watched zero, stay night seems a lot more on the shounen side, is it or was it just an impression ?
>>
>>140996620
>shounen side
Yes and is there a fucking problem?
>>
>>140996709

Shounen just isn't my favourite, no need to sperg out
>>
>>140996781
Okay then don't watch it.
>>
>>140996620
Compared to Zero it is a bit more on the shounen side, but it's still far off from being a shounen.
>>
>>140996403
>F/Z's build up
Literally wot. .
Caster team just died.
Lancer team simply died.
Berserker squad died without accomplishing shit except feeding worms for loli rape.
Gil had no arc besides enticing Kotomine; Rin's dad was a snorefest that had no arc he just existed to be betrayed by Kotomine.
Kotomine was fun but didn't get the ball running until like the last five episodes.

Rider/Waver had decent development.
And then Kiritsugu was alright.
So I mean we only had 4 arcs then.

>gil/saber interactions are good
lel am I being trolled
Gil was just literally go full hitler and do what you want kingship
Saber was indecisive the whole time about what she wanted.
Iskander was like Gil but actually had the loyalty of his followers.
Wow 10/10 writing. Best anime
>>
>>140992621
>Is this show any good or just shounen shit?

Both.
>>
File: admiral Spire.jpg (359 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
admiral Spire.jpg
359 KB, 2560x1600
>>140992621
You want an honest opinion? Fuck it, fine.
Fights are really good, music is nice (but nothing outstanding), art design is very "meh" and the story is fucking garbage (seriously, it's fucking bad, man). Overall it is a decent show. Don't listen to any nasuverse "fans" (gamefags, vnfags, showfags), they are fucking retarded. You won't die if you watch it, but it's sure as hell will be a mediocre experience.
>>
>>140992621

Read the VN, retard.
>>
>>140996709
So, it's wrong for other works to be shounenshit but when it's "muh Kinoko work", it's ooooookaaaay?
Fatefags everyone.

>>140996883
It appears you:
1) don't know the definition of "build-up"
2) are putting words in my mouth (never said anything about Gil/Saber interactions)
3) have shit taste and limited comprehension capacity
Congrats.
>>
>>140992621
It's just shounen shit but even worse because it tries to be deep but fails miserably due to the shitty writing.
>>
>>140996837
>being this aggressive for no reason
>>
>>140997027
>Autistic hater detected.
Embarrassing.
>>
>>140997084
Do you even know where you are thin-skin faggot?
>>
>>140992621
It's been a big influence in DEFINING what modern shounen is.

Wether that's a good thing or not is something you need to decide for yourself though.
>>
>>140996847

what usually bothers me are the shounen "tropes", like extremely predictable last-minute power-ups for example. Should I give stay night a go or will I be disapointed ?
>>
What are the purpose of bait threads like this? Just read the fucking vn. Don't watch zero, ignore zero secondaries and their "mature story" shitposting, don't watch UBW, read the fucking vn. And make sure it's the original too, not rn. After that, watch whatever the hell you want.
>>
>>140996976
I read the VN, it was fucking retarded. Main character always gets his way no matter what, due to plot convinience and literal plot armor. Even the ending where he "dies" there's still one where he gets a new body and everyone is fine. He's just like Touma and the rest of the fake underdogs. Bland, self-insert harem portrayed as an underdog yet always conveniently pulling through.

Gilgamesh who is the strongest villain is SPECIFICALLY created to be weak to Shirou's GOB. What kind of blatant garbage is that.

Also the characters are very generic, bland and boring. There's nothing interesting or compelling about any subplot, any character, any battle. It's just typical shounen PRETENDING to be deep when it isn't. Nasu is overrated too much by pseudo-intellectuals.
>>
It's based off the UBW route, so it's just dumb shounen shit.
>>
>>140992621
flavor of the month chuuni garbage for fedora wearing neckbeards aka /a/'s favorite anime
>>
>>140997149
>no YOU'RE mad
>I'm not crying, you're crying

please keep responding, I'm bored right now
>>
>>140997027
>never said anything about Gil/Saber interactions

>>140996403
>And Saber and Gil were overall better and actually had personality beyond "muh brick"/"muh mongrel"
>banquet of the kings
But I guess that isn't Gil/Saber interactions. lel

I guess the better question is
"Is build-up good if the characters are static for 24 episodes?"
The answer is no. Especially when they're all 2d boring pieces of wood. I mean it's like saying the build up was good for Anakin vs Obiwan.
We all knew it was coming but no one cared about it because the characters were shitty.
>>
>>140997214
>I read the VN, it was fucking retarded. Main character always gets his way no matter what, due to plot convinience and literal plot armor.
But he suffers plenty of setbacks, so it's not going "his way no matter what" all the time at all.
>>
Fate was so boring. Nothing interesting happened, its just dull characters with dull shonen battles
>>
>>140997189
>like extremely predictable last-minute power-ups for example
Then fucking don't read it because the VN is FILLED with this kind of shit. I've never read a writing filled with embarrassingly convenient writing before FSN. The author literally gives rules about the world and goes against them whenever it suits him best. It was physically painful to read and I'm not exaggerating.
>>
>>140997214
So you didn't like it. That's fine, not everything is for everyone. The point he made was that for something like Fate, the only option is to read the vn, not watch the anime first. After you read it, it's fine to watch it.
>>
>Fate is finally being called out as the dumb, entry level secondary bullshit it is

The circle jerk around the anime was fucking annoying as hell.
>>
>>140992621
It's an overrated piece of shit and I've wasted my time with it. The story is forgettable, the characters are dull and the fights look good and that's pretty much it, there's barely any depth to them, just characters fighting each other with magic and shit, battles being won randomly.
Not worth it.
>>
>>140992621
Read the VN
>>
>>140997382
embarrassingly convenient moments*

>>140997312
Opposed to what? Gil being a hero pulled out of nowhere and being just "muh mongrel, don't speak to me"? Saber who doesn't move an inch and just complains about cooking before she suddenly does a 180°at the end when facing Kirei?

The F/Z characters weren't stiff. They had actual valuable moments. But of course, because F/Z is an actual war played by adults and not some little game where teenagers pretend to be enemies, there's not so much place for actual dialogue, is there? Because that's what a war is, and FSN does everything wrong when you confront setting and narration.
>>
>>140996709
it's way too early to be this mad
>>
>>140992621
proceed to watch fate zero and forget about stay night
>>
>>140996709
Fatefag circlejerkers being assblasted when people point out how shit their anime is
topest of keks
>>
>>140992621

It has an extremely militant fanbase and extremely militant haterbase so expect some mixed answers and getting no closer to the truth. Why anybody still thinks it's a good idea to ask these questions on /a/ is beyond me
>>
>>140992621

Its /a/ favourite franchise do I need to explain it ?

Does not matter if you end up liking it or hating it if you want to fit in you better know Fate/Stay Night.
>>
I love when people post butthurted when people post about why Zero is shit.
>>
File: 24-F09-09-038.jpg (115 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
24-F09-09-038.jpg
115 KB, 800x600
>>140992696
>The MC is a huge fucking moralfag.
>>
>>140992621

The show is not good please read the VN
>>
It's based on an eroge and has nothing to do with shounen manga.
>>
File: UBW-21.png (221 KB, 633x474) Image search: [Google]
UBW-21.png
221 KB, 633x474
>>140996403
>The banquet of the kings in itself destroys anything done by the Fate/Stay Kitchen VN.
Not even close. Read the VN.
>>
>>140992621
I'm rewatching it with a friend (for their first time) and it's kinda bad, man.
>>
>>140996976
The VN is the most poorly paced work of fiction I have ever experienced
>>
File: 1435418439791.jpg (25 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1435418439791.jpg
25 KB, 500x281
>>140992621

The show in 2016
>>
>>140996403
>The banquet of the kings in itself destroys anything done by the Fate/Stay Kitchen VN.
Please, Sparks Liner High is the greatest thing that's come out of Fate
>>
File: loss of identity.jpg (295 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
loss of identity.jpg
295 KB, 800x600
>>140997214
>Main character always gets his way no matter what, due to plot convinience and literal plot armor.
Shirou dies over 30 times. Read the VN.

>Gilgamesh who is the strongest villain is SPECIFICALLY created to be weak to Shirou's GOB. What kind of blatant garbage is that.
It's called "themes" and "philosophy", things you will find in most good fiction including majority of Nasuverse stuff.

>Also the characters are very generic, bland and boring. There's nothing interesting or compelling about any subplot, any character, any battle.
Read the VN. Characterization is Nasu's greatest strength and the reason his works are so acclaimed.
>>
>>141002510

No need to argue on that secondary its obvious he just saw some summary on the Type Moon Wiki.

So many people pretend to have read the VN
>>
File: 3670612-csaa.png (440 KB, 703x800) Image search: [Google]
3670612-csaa.png
440 KB, 703x800
>>140997189
There a re no convenient or asspulled power ups, the world is logically built up and everything works within those laws. Some people can tend to get confused because your "rules narrators" aren't omniscient and can be
proven wrong, but everything is foreshadowed and fights are based in mental tactics more than shonen logic.

>>140997622
Gil in F/SN is a perfect thematic cornerstone for the themes of UBW. He isn't "deep" (until CCC) but he works, and the main antagonist of F/SN is a fucking amazing character too.

>The F/Z characters weren't stiff.
They are. That's the point. ITs a greek tragedy.
>>
>>140996946
Are you sure of this man?
>>
>>140997622
>because F/Z is an actual war played by adults and not some little game where teenagers pretend to be enemies
I'm fucking tired of this "F/Z Masters are better because there are adults" bullshit
Kenneth was a fucking retard that bring his wife when his servant has a curse that make womans fall in love with him
Tohsaka was a fucking retard that was there just to be betrayed by Kotomine
Matou was pure "CRAWLING IN MY SKIN" angst
Caster's master was a teenager and the only that was doing something in the first half of the show
Kotomine and kerry were okay but we already know they story in Stay/Night
Waver was a teenager and he was the only survivor with a "happy ending"
>>
>>141003666
If you are not interested in reading the source material:
Watch Fate Zero and stop there. Forget rest of franchise even exists.

If you are interested start with FSN visual novel and only watch Zero after since Fate Zero spoils entirety of FSN.
>>
It's a bit boring but not terrible.

The Fate series in general isn't that good.
>>
File: AssassinEMIYAGOStage3.png (1 MB, 720x1232) Image search: [Google]
AssassinEMIYAGOStage3.png
1 MB, 720x1232
>>140992621
I actually watched Fate/Zero first and liked it.

Watched a little bit of Fate Stay Night and didn't like it.

Watched Unlimited Blade Works and it was alright.
>>
>>140997622
>because F/Z is an actual war played by adults and not some little game where teenagers pretend to be enemies

I like this meme

Is not a fucking war you little shit, its a magic ritual to fill up a fucking cup with mana, is not like you can call it a war in the first place, after that is just a fucking satanic ritual to summon literally the devil.

if you are looking for a real war and shit just go and play Fate/EXTRA, thats actually a work that retardeds like would like.

>there's not so much place for actual dialogue

confirmed for not even watched FSN

>FSN does everything wrong when you confront setting and narration.

MUH SIX GORILLION

i fucking despise you
>>
>>141002120
>I have literally read 1 VN
You should try Umineko or just anything besides F/SN and Katawa Shoujo. Early Fate is kind of slow, but nowhere near as bad as the medium can get.
>>
>>141001329

That and Monogatari series are blatantly /a/'s favorite franchises to have tons of pointless maxed out threads about. It's funny how far people here are up Aniplex and their propaganda's ass like the rest of the Western community nowadays without even realizing it and thinking they are any different and more informed than say MAL or Animesuki. Blah blah blah secondaries something something Zerofags and whatever too by the way.

>>141004161

It has it's strengths for sure but it's profile is massively inflated by the propaganda and marketing surrounding it currently as well as a militant as all fuck psycho and socially stunted fanbase it's garnered over the last decade that tries to go around and police opinions on it so that as many people conform about it's perceived qualities and "correct" ranking order on it's individual spinoffs and sequels. It's fanbase really reminds me a lot of KEYs in that regard in that they both come from VN's where it and it's principal authors are stated to be absolute genius by their fans and you aren't really allowed to form your own opinion on it so it's best to just shut up, watch form your own opinion and steer as far clear from the community as you can while doing so. That way at least it has a chance of still being somewhat fun and interesting.
>>
>>140992621
dont bother if u havent read the VN or dont plan to cus then it's just gonna be "ok" to "shit". Anime only and zero standalone plebs cannot enjoy it on the same level as true fans do.

>>140994207
>it didnt quite deliver every piece of dialogue
do u want inner monologue? You go in knowing everything.
>>
>>141006087
Yes, who wouldn't want to be a true fan by reading a bad translation that keeps none actual nuance and enlighten others with the same tortu— I mean, experience
>>
>>141006087
>u

Opinion discarded.
>>
File: ilya best.jpg (129 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ilya best.jpg
129 KB, 800x600
>>140992621
It's shit
Wait until next year and watch the superior version with best girl.

But really read the VN faggot
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.