[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why hasn't anyone been able to recreate the magic we saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: kanonclannad1.jpg (172 KB, 1190x772) Image search: [Google]
kanonclannad1.jpg
172 KB, 1190x772
Why hasn't anyone been able to recreate the magic we saw with Kanon and Clannad?

It just seems like they're still the top dogs of the whole SoL-w/-Drama genre they created, even after a literal decade
>>
>>140789428
Because they don't adapt good VNs anymore
>>
>>140789428
Little Busters had some potential if only KyoAni had adapted it.
>>
I think Nagi no Asukara came pretty close in matching the drama. But yea, I agree. Cringey melodramas don't come by often anymore.

Kanon 2006 was particularly great because KyoAni did such a good job lifting out the cozy, winter atmosphere. Too bad uguu moeblobs are out of fashion.
>>
>>140789428
>Kanon
>good
>2002
>2006
>[current year]
>>
>>140789602

2002 was an "acceptable" adaptation that I'll understand if the fans of the VN like.

2006 is a fucking masterpiece, I don't know what the fuck you're on about.
>>
Ef.
>>
>>140789428

Well, I wouldn't say it's as good, but Plastic Memories gave me the same feels as Clannad AS. I watched Clannad before Kanon, so it didn't have the same effect, plus the fox girl was just annoying.
>>
>>140790141

Foxy was worst girl

Best girl is ice-cream-in-the-snow
>>
>>140789583
>I think Nagi no Asukara came pretty close in matching the drama

Came close, but the ending killed it. Too anti-climactic and loose.
>>
>>140790284

I think Nagi no Asukara also had an excessive amount of crying in it. Maybe it's because Okada isn't as good of a writer as Maeda?

>>140790225

Nayuki > Makoto > Mai > Shiori > Uguu
Nayuki's mom is best girl
>>
>>140790555
Okada excels at teen melodrama wangstfests though. But definitely, Clannad is better because its more subdued compared to her hamminess.
>>
>>140789428
Previous arguments withstanding, I also think we're less naive to this sort of drama. We'd just bitterly rip the characters to shreds now, and, having done that, reassemble them into some mediocre meme.

As is the way with post '10 /a/.
>>
>>140789428

Dead franchises make me nostalgic. At least most of the things I like have fanart being created, but Kanon hasn't had shit in fucking YEARS
>>
>>140791070

There's still a shitload of Key fanart on Pixiv. You just haven't looked hard enough.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.