[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he didnt like Arise I guess some kids drunk on muh SAC and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: sensible observation.jpg (161 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
sensible observation.jpg
161 KB, 1366x768
>he didnt like Arise

I guess some kids drunk on muh SAC and entry-level shitters just don't understand the idea of polyphony
>>
I liked the designs a lot, Batou cannot rock a ponytail
>>
File: 1387518513045.gif (926 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1387518513045.gif
926 KB, 640x360
>>140772212
NOW THIS IS SHITPOSTING
>>
>>140772212
Its not that he didn't like Arise, it was Arise being a pile of shit
>>
arise was just dull. It didn't have any soul behind the sci fi action. it was just boring sci fi.
>>
I have a suspicion that it's actually really good if you're much smarter than I am.
>>
>>140772399
>what is Ergo Proxy
>>
>>140772212
The first entry was really inane. I think there were some good ideas in there but the execution was sub-par.
>>
The recent Harmony movie was actually closer to what GitS should be than the arise reboot. At least if you look past all of the homolust.
>>
I stopped at the tv airing, hows the BD or movie went on? Read that the final episode will be on the BD/movie but then I also read that the movie is just the tv episodes put together with some new scenes.
>>
Daily reminder that Alternative Architecture had the best OP.
https://youtu.be/QREoT1a3AcM?t=6s

inb4
>muh Origa
>>
Should have never made this stained the GITS franchise. Movie and SAC both seasons were perfect.
>>
File: sac.jpg (586 KB, 1280x992) Image search: [Google]
sac.jpg
586 KB, 1280x992
>>140772700
nice character design, bitchboy

what's that, a stripper?
>>
>>140772852
Yes

The Major isn't exactly prudish, or are you some retard who never read the manga?
>>
File: Ghost in the Shell 01.png (986 KB, 833x649) Image search: [Google]
Ghost in the Shell 01.png
986 KB, 833x649
>>140772528

That gives me enough interest to watch that now. Thanks.

>>140772650

I'm confused where you got all that information.

To clarify everything:

Arise was originally 4 movies.

Then Alternative Architecture re-aired those movies as 10 episodes, splitting the each movie into two episodes, and adding on two extra episodes of story at the end. Those two episodes lead into the movie better.

The movie is a sequel to Arise and an original story. Although if you've watched the entire franchise, it's mostly retreading old ground. It's still worth watching though.

>>140772657

I don't know about best, but I definitely do enjoy it a lot. What I liked even more was the third song on the OP single: http://picosong.com/KjTx/
>>
>>140773357
>Although if you've watched the entire franchise, it's mostly retreading old ground.
Well damn. Until something new from the franchise then.
>>
>>140773205
>are you some retard who never read the manga?
this describes a large chunk of /a/, I remember a GITS thread were people were bitching about Major's outfit in SAC
>>
File: 0066.png (160 KB, 216x535) Image search: [Google]
0066.png
160 KB, 216x535
2/10
>>
>>140773424

Like I said, it's still worth watching. One part of it that I enjoyed a lot about it that stretched across the movie was the teamwork that made it feel like Stand Alone Complex again. That part of Arise that was missing until the last two parts was what brought Arise down a bit for me.

So, you really should still give it a watch if Stand Alone Complex was your thing.
>>
>>140772657
Why did Maaya Sakamoto sing this OP but she won't sing character songs or Monogatari OPs? What's the difference?
>>
Arise is decent. Not as good as SAC or the first movie, but still an enjoyable GitS story. I also did not like Kusanagi's redesign, but if you get past that, it's still pretty solid.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.