[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would anyone be interested into buying in on getting some Trenni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: trenni coin.jpg (38 KB, 537x233) Image search: [Google]
trenni coin.jpg
38 KB, 537x233
Would anyone be interested into buying in on getting some Trenni silver coins made by a company like "Coins For Anything?" I just requested a quote. There's one of the official ones for sale on ebay right now for $800, but that motherfucker is out of his goddamned mind.

The cost would be less than six bucks per Trenni coin. I told them that they can take a bit of artistic license with the design, but showed them pic related as a base and the general aesthetic should be maintained.

If it's possible, I'll be doing it regardless or there being even one other person going in for it, just keep some for myself and pass the rest around over time.
>>
Bumping with a picture of Rule 63 Simo Häyhä.
>>
>>140751352
I'd buy them.Do you ship to Europe?
>>
>>140752029
I'd ship anywhere you'd be willing to pay to, but I'd buy insurance if I were you in case it gets lost. It'd be sent by me, personally. I'm not a company or something, just some American weeb in the military.
>>
Viral marketing is against the rules
>>
>>140752042
Methods of payment?I'm a NEET so no cards.
>>
>>140752066
I didn't know that's what I was doing. The offer is to buy in at cost, no profit, super transparent.

>>140752076
I dunno. PayPal? The only thing you'd have to pay would be cost of the coin and shipping to wherever you want it shipped to.
>>
File: EMbu8Mz.jpg (224 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
EMbu8Mz.jpg
224 KB, 800x1132
>>140752089
Wire transfers and stuff are kinda shady. Taking on a name for clarity. Super original.

Anyway, if you have a suggestion for that I'd be open to it.
>>
>>140752066
Is there a way to coordinate such a thing with people from this board without it being considered "viral marketing?" I feel like this is very similar to buyfag threads.
>>
>>140752161
>very similar to buyfag threads
No.
>>
>>140752373
I want to be clear that I'm not intending to argue, I really don't understand the difference.

Can you explain why this is against the rules, exactly, please? It's like groupon or some shit, isn't it?
>>
>>140752401
>It's like groupon or some shit
>/a/ - Anime & Manga
>>
>>140752432
You're not really making any sense or offering any points here. You're just repeating an assertion. This is us trying to circumvent the severe scalping of a like $30 good which is being sold for almost $1000 for no reason by going "fuck it, we'll handle it ourselves."

Meme arrows don't really reinforce your point.
>>
>>
File: 227.gif (139 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
227.gif
139 KB, 300x100
>>
Might be cool. How do you want this to work? Do I send you a mail?
>>
>>140752799
Way I figure it is that you guys should wait until I've got all the coins in hand before sending any money so that I can take pictures to show quality and give you as long as possible to back out of the deal, prevent buyer's remorse, you know?

I'd front the money, then you guys just pay cost for however much you want to buy and the shipping. That way if something goes wrong, like it all getting lost or me getting hit by a car, you guys aren't fucked.

Total cost is gonna be less than $600, and that's less than a single one of the Cospa coins, but then it's 100 in hand. Assuming I pass the upcoming PRT, that's easy to save up even as a basic bitch E3.
>>
>>140752934
But we should get in touch somehow. Hmm.

Just made an email address.
[email protected]
>>
File: 1456019135014.png (21 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1456019135014.png
21 KB, 800x450
>>
I guess email me at that address. When I get updates, I'll let you guys know. I literally sent that price quote request earlier, but I made my estimations by adding up the options they offer manually and adding 10% as a precaution against my math being wrong.
>>
>>140751352
Cool, what anime is the coin from?
>>
>>140753367
Spice and Wolf. Surprised you didn't know.

It's best as a light novel because of the love and care that the author puts into every damned detail, but the anime is renowned as one of the best and may have one of the best dubs ever made.

Drunken Wolf Translations has translated every volume, every episode is subbed and dubbed, and there's lots of unusual merchandise including morale patches. A running gag, because Holo is shit at writing and signing her own name, is to call her "Korbo."
>>
File: spice and keanu.jpg (139 KB, 1273x714) Image search: [Google]
spice and keanu.jpg
139 KB, 1273x714
>>140753367
Forgot to attach pic
>>
>>140752934
Alright, sounds good. Thanks.
>>
>>140753556
Sure thing, man. I'm mostly looking forward to pulling the rug out from under scalping pieces of shit. Even as a last ditch effort, a buddy of mine has metalworking facilities, and the equipment to breach 2k degrees is actually on the way. We were gonna make other shit, but it's not outside the realm of possibility to make them ourselves if we have to.

I'll probably 3D print it, make a mold, then make it in that case. Does anyone know the supposed silver percentage of Trenni silver coins? The ones released by Cospa were 60% and I remember a certain arc regarding the purity of Trenni silver coins, but I don't remember a number being put to it.

The go-to is to take the job to the pros, though.

Also, I'll use this chance to bump Spice and Wolf. Shit's great. I'd rank it up there with stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy, and Berserk.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.