[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would the anime industry be better off without Type-Moon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
Would the anime industry be better off without Type-Moon?
>>
The fuck is wrong with you jackass
>>
Oh look it's the daily "let's all shit on TM" thread.
>>
>>140725595
>>140725655
Asspained TMfags?
>>
>>140723984
F/SN is the single greatest work the Japanese comic industry has ever produced
>>
>>140725781
Not at all. Best route is about to get three movies and we're getting Extra by SHAFT as well.

It's a great time to be a TMfag.
>>
Fate is a non-factor in anime

t. Former TM fan
>>
>>140723984
/a/ certainly would be
>>
Unlimited budget works
>>
No it wouldn't.
It's not like TM have had that much of an impact on anime anyhow.
>>
>>140725918
More like Fatefag.
>>
I don't know but I do know FSN pretty much jumpstarted 5 seiyuu careers
>>
>>140726703
Fatefags are but a subset of TMfags.
>>
lelmao
>>
>>140726703
True.
>>
>>140723984

How exactly has TM affected the anime industry besides spawning a couple of saber clones? If anything idolshit is destroying the anime industry
>>
It's had near-zero effect on anime besides giving Uro some money.

Also, it helped Silver Link put itself on the map, I guess. And Silver Link is based.
>>
>>140727588
How is idol stuff "destroying" the anime industry?
>>
>>140727588
>it's another ______ is destroying the industry post
True fact: you can replace "destroying the industry" in every single one of these posts with "sustaining the industry" and they will be 100% true.
>>
>>140727588
>saber clones
>idolshit
Anon...
>>
TM has had a noticeable impact on the industry, but not a significant one. As in it's nothing the industry couldn't have developed without, but the mark is still there. Hence why you see references to F/SN every so often in anime and manga, not quite as ubiquitous as Jojo, but almost every single otaku culture comedy anime will reference Fate at least once. As far as impact goes, that's pretty shallow.

On the industry side of things, many seiyuu owe their early careers to TM, plus some studios like Ufotable and Silver Link made outrageous amounts of money thanks to TM's properties.
>>
>>140727732
Yes. Same goes for LNs, and the retards who think LNs invented harems, chuunishit, and the myriad of other archetypes and tropes in anime that have existed for decades.
>>
>>140727904
> many seiyuu owe their early careers to TM

Half of FSN's cast are already veteran VAs.

> Hence why you see references to F/SN every so often in anime and manga

I don't follow, unless including a gaijin character in an armored skirt counts as 'FSN' reference
>>
>>140728029
>half of FSN's cast are veteran VAs
And the other half? And the DEEN adaptation? And Fate/Zero? And F/KL?

>I don't follow
Maybe you should watch more anime.

Here are some recent examples.

>Gate
>The JSDF special forces call signs are named for the classes of servant in the anime Fate/Stay Night- "Saber, Lancer, Archer, Berserker, Caster, Assassin, and Rider". Itami is given the call sign "Avenger", the name of a eighth class of servant.
>During the Hakone Incident, the Japanese Special Forces Group use the code phrase "Attention all servants. The grail has been filled."

Lucky Star had some references to FSN too.
>>
It wouldn't matter, at all
Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>140725967

/a/ and anime would be better off without its most currently retarded fanbase. Makes me wonder what the next generation of fans is going to look like after the current shrieking shitposting one or if there's even going to be a next generation cause who would want to get into this stuff in its current state
>>
>>140728772
Only /a/ is really affected by fatefags, rest of the internet and the real world is still plagued by narutards
>>
The moment Fate fags enter a Fate bashing thread the whole threads becomes their Reality Marble and they get unlimited excuses on any argument. Fate fags are prepared, they're loaded with the bait pics, pastas and images to debate anyone.

And if they're losing an argument they can always use their Avalon Asspull known as ''Read the VN fucking secondary''. It's why people get frustrated to debate them, Fate fags always win.
>>
>>140729818
Anime in general would be better off without naruto.
>>
>>140728394
Oh maybe because i don't watch much kuso anime.

How low brow does one have to beto reference Type-Moon. Which in itself references many D&D/Anime tropes.
>>
>>140730201
>Anime in general would be better off without naruto.

How?

Naruto isn't really groundbreaking, even if you remove it it will be replaced by other mainstream shounen series that are just as juvenile like One Piece,Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, My Hero and OPM
>>
>>140730675
>which in itself references D&D tropes

Kill yourself. I knew I was talking to a retard.
>>
>itt people shit on fate and how it has no impact on the industry
>fate mobage is literally aniplex's biggest cash cow
>aniplex have the most aggressive marketing power in anime minus maybe bamcos horizontal integration if they ever deem it worth to invest more into anime

Quit talking out of your asses
>>
>>140731409
>t. i have never read the VN
>>
>>140731452
Go ahead and list what you think are "D&D tropes" in the VN.

>Stats were invented by D&D
>classes were invented by D&D

You're a mouthbreathing retard who belongs on /tg/.
>>
>>140730675
>using low brow unironically with regards to references in anime
>using low brow at all unironically
Retarded as fuck.
>>
>>140731689
Gate IS low brow
>>
>>140731890
Compared to what? Manime?

You're a faggot, and your shit's all retarded. I can't believe you take cartoons seriously.
>>
>>140731447
Making money is different than impacting the industry's in an "artistic" sense, which is what OP seemed to be implying.

Like another anon said, we don't see Shirou carbon copies running around with female knights protecting them very often.

Something like Sailor Moon had an impact on the industry in an artistic sense, even if it doesn't have a money printing mobage.
>>
VN discussions should go to /v/
Why do Fatefags post here and go "Read the fucking VN" all the time?
>>
>>140731958
>I can't believe you take cartoons seriously.
>Zach Braff asking John C. McGinley a question.jpg
>>
>>140732391
>still hasn't said what anime is high-brow in his fedora tipping head
>still no evidence of his retarded D&D comment
>doesn't even the actual picture

Hurry up, and kill yourself.
>>
>>140732372
Because "read the VN secondary" is the only defense they have for their chuuni garbage.
>>
File: Capture.png (18 KB, 495x250) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18 KB, 495x250
>>140732460
Different IP, m8. I just wanted to get in a quip.
>>
>>140732527
Well, I take lolis very seriously, but I'm not some idiot who thinks high brow chinese cartoons are a thing.
>>
>>140732137
>Like another anon said, we don't see Shirou carbon copies running around with female knights protecting them very often.

After FSN blew up people have made up character designs that elements of Saber. (Golden Hair in a Bun, Armored dress)

Def no Shirou though, because he is a retard
>>
>>140732484
t. moeshitter
>>
File: Chara1_0.png (65 KB, 362x577) Image search: [Google]
Chara1_0.png
65 KB, 362x577
>>140732804
Isn't she a Saber clone? But I guess it doesnt matter since she's overshadowed by best girl anyhow
>>
Only good thing that came out if this whole franchise was Prisma Illya.
>>
>>140732804
>Golden hair in a bun
Like to name a few? Blondes almost always have their hair down in anime.

>Armored dress
This was a thing before Fate. Hell, I'd argue the armored dress has its roots in mahou shoujos.

On top of that, these are two minor design elements. That would fall in line with the idea that it has had a negligible impact on anime.

It didn't produce it's equivalent of Saint Seiya making tournament arcs a staple of battle shonen.
>>
>>140723984
It certainly wouldn't be worse off
>>
>>140723984
omg so much fate shit coming in the next 1-2 years i cant wait keep em coming jpn
>>
>>140723984
So let me get this straight: We have a prequel Fate/Zero and then 3 alternative routes of the same story and the first two routes are animated but the last one is still in production.

Is there also a sequel for it? Is there info about the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Holy War?

Is the twist from Stay Night present in the other 2 routes?

Thanks
>>
no it would be better without kyoani
>>
>>140733757
I don't like Kyoani shows but they are like the last big studio who still has an eye for quality.

If only they didn't waste it on such mundane stories and designs
>>
File: 1414896059069.gif (446 KB, 1200x620) Image search: [Google]
1414896059069.gif
446 KB, 1200x620
>>140723984
No
>>
>>140733723
The way i see it, fate has a narly infinite potential for spin off material
>>
The whole world would be better off if this entire production never came to be, most cancerous franchise ive ever seen. Including western stuff.
>>
>>140733913
>I don't like Kyoani shows but they are like the last big studio who still has an eye for quality.
Thats not how you spell artland, sunrise hell we can throw bones in there.
>>
Would the movie industry be better without Marvel Cinematic Universe?
Think about it.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.