[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf am I even reading? this is like squall's gunblade where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
wtf am I even reading? this is like squall's gunblade where the more you hear about how it supposedly works the dumber it sounds.
>>
>>140701654

It turns metal to steam and shoots it. Is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>140701654
It kinda reminded me of an explanation for shaped charges, which I also don't understand.
>>
sublimation
>>
Welcome to anime in general?
>>
>>140702478
>>140701654
It's basically shaped charge launcher. Ignore the "steam" part, that's just for power.
>>
>>140701654
Calm down bro, it'll be okay! You're clearly a new fag but this is what we call fiction.
None of it is actually real.
:0
Woah, Mine blown? Amazing right?

People can write down anything they want even if it doesn't hold true in reality.

It's like magic woooah.

Once you start going to elementary school your teachers will start teaching you about fiction, and get this "non-fiction". But that's why to complex maybe when you're older.
>>
>>140701654
It shoots a big metal dildo into shit really hard, what is so complicated about this?
>>
>>140703140
but that's the part that doesn't make sense. if it's powered by explosives why does it need steam?
>>
>>140703639
It's powered by both, now go kill yourself.
Steam is the base, explosives for extra power.
>>
>>140704162
but that doesn't even make sense. how can it be powered by both?
>>
>>140703279
Seriously, have none of you plebs even heard of a goddamn pile bunker?
Jesus, learn to revolver stake.
>>
>>140704210
It was initially purely steam powered.
He simply added explosives.
>>
>>140701654
its basically this

https://youtu.be/LudNqf56AFo?t=1m28s
>>
>>140704374
Pretty much, and the modified nail gun is the catalyst.
>>
>>140704309
why doesn't he use gunpoweder to shoot the bullet then so it would have longer range?
>>
>>140704721
Lack of accuracy, idk if you've ever shot a gun before but rifles are extremely in accurate and they can only fire once at a time, the chances of you landing a heart shot and a super fast zombie are next to none.

His weapon is make shift and a pin point range.

In addition he isn't a bushi so i doubt he would have on of their long barrel weapons to experiment with.
>>
>>140704806
>rifles are extremely in accurate
are you sure you aren't the one who never shot a gun before?
>>
>>140704721
Also range isn't derermined by the power alone, it's also the barrel of the gun.

His make shift steam powered nail gun is too short for long range.
>>
>>140704849
I guess i meant to say muskets, the reason they would shoot in lines is cause the muskets had terrible accuracy.

This show takes place in industrial japan and their muskets are steam powered of all things. There's no way they can land an instant kill on a moving target with a steam powered musket.
>>
>>140704961

It was more to do with reload times than accuracy. Getting something loaded, primed and aimed took anywhere from 30 seconds to a full minute.
>>
>>140704855
http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/45auto2.html
even with a short barrel it should be able to shoot way further than a steam powered gun, especially since his tiny heat shells must be pretty heavy
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.