[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.japantoday.com/category/ national/view/panel-oks-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: CFX_rLIUsAABs0c.png (328 KB, 559x773) Image search: [Google]
CFX_rLIUsAABs0c.png
328 KB, 559x773
http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/panel-oks-gene-editing-of-human-eggs-for-basic-study
>A bioethics panel of the Japanese government has approved gene modifications of fertilized human eggs for basic research purposes

Are you ready for genetically engineered cat girls?
>>
>>140642686
i'll believe it when i see it anon
but what parents are going to allow for their daughters to grow cat tails?
>>
>nekomimi
>not lamia
Get with the times oldfag
>>
>>140642783
who wouldn't?
>>
>>140642783
>what parents are going to allow for their daughters to grow cat tails

>30 years into future
>non-cat girl daughters can't find any men since they all go for the tail
>no choice but to give your daughter a tail to compete
>>
>>140642791
>Reptile
Gross
>>
>>140642686
The Abh have a higher chance than Cat Girls.

Blue Space Elves are easier to create than Cat Girls.
>>
>A bioethics panel of the Japanese government has approved gene modifications of fertilized human eggs for basic research purposes
>basic research purposes

Anon making catgirls isn't basic.
>>
>>140642996
Give it a few more years. Computers started off pretty basic too.
>>
It'll be 3DPD anyways
>>
>>140643207

When 3d girls start having tails, it'll be more acceptable to have them in 2d too.
>>
The way they're typically depicted in anime seems kinda weird when you think about them. I like how SAO made them really big so they covered more of the side of the character's head.
>>
I just want a catgirl daughteru to pet
>>
>Spider girls might be real
>>
File: CotS - Lafiel Intro.jpg (313 KB, 850x1211) Image search: [Google]
CotS - Lafiel Intro.jpg
313 KB, 850x1211
>>140642686
The catgirls are second priority at best.
>>
Give me one reason to believe that the top officials and head scientists won't keep the best and cutest cat girls for themselves.
>>
>>140642686
Reminder that genetic engineering would have been pioneered by the west instead of asia if it weren't for the several groups that are inherently against it.
>>
>>140642686
9 tailed fox girls are better because more fluffy tails.
>>
I just want a girl with cat's fur, ears, tails, nose, hands and feet...
Shouldn't be that hard to swap some genes.
>>
>>140642791
This. Where's my qt snekgirl?
>>
File: 1425356494119.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1425356494119.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
>>140643207
Consider a pet cat, pretty great if you raise it properly. Now consider a pet catgirl, raised by you away from society.
Might be cool.
>>
>>140643072
>probably won't even be alive for the catularity
pls end my suffering
>>
>>140644433

Don't worry, neither will anyone else here. See you space cowboys/catgirls.

Bang.
>>
>>140643394
Rachnee-san will never knit you high quality spidersilk shirts
>>
File: question.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
>>140642686
What if they make super soldiers instead of monster girls?

Or monster girl super soldiers?
>>
>>140645806
>What if they make super soldiers
If they're kuuderes this could still work.
>>
>kirara yamato
>murderer of nicola, who was 15, and liked to play the piano
>>
File: 6eab0652c92b258c3c5cb7877154bf7e.jpg (653 KB, 1632x1500) Image search: [Google]
6eab0652c92b258c3c5cb7877154bf7e.jpg
653 KB, 1632x1500
What makes a good neko?
>>
>>140642783
Theoretically it really isn't that complicated. We grow tails during embryonic development but then some mechanism induces phagocytosis and causes it to be reabsorbed. Turn off that mechanism, and so long as it isn't directly linked to any other, more important mechanism, you now have a tail.

it probably is linked to a more important mechanism though
>>
>>140647182
Things that are impossible in humans
>>
>>140649289

Yes, like the ability to plan ahead for years. Lose that and we are just a slightly smarter species of hairless monkeys.
>>
>>140649603
>the ability to plan ahead for years
>implying most people do this and don't just get carried along by life and societal expectations
>>
>>140649778

Most people do actually plan ahead, if the conditions they're in change enough. If they didn't, they'd just stay in the terrible warzones and die off.
>>
File: 1460005217798.jpg (322 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1460005217798.jpg
322 KB, 2048x2048
Time to save up famalams, I'm going to get two
>>
>>140649963
Would it be illegal to have sex with them? Or own them? Since they're mostly human
>>
>>140649603
How does reabsorbing a tail enable you to plan ahead for years?
>>
>>140650063

The tail distracts you by being extra sensitive.
>>
>>140650059
>sex with them

That would be sick and disgusting. I would be content their companionship and by just caressing their nekomimis and tail
>>
>>140650505
But doing that would arouse them, and they would unconsciously grind themselves against your leg/arm while you do it. And you'd feel their love nectar trickling out and onto you.

How would you control yourself when she looks at you, sweaty, cloudy eyed and drooling, and asks for moto?
>>
What companies are behind this?
>>
>fertilized
how is tinkering with nonhuman done anyway?
shouldn't it be before for changes?
sounds like just "treatment" against a baby being born unhealthy etc
>>
>>140650724
That's why you get two so they can hump eachother.
>>
>>140651005
That is what they're doing. They have pretty arbitrary ethical controls to be honest. You can abort a baby for pretty much any reason (including genetic deformity), i.e. the freedom to choose if you have that baby or not. However, you can't choose if your baby will have blue eyes based on genetic modification. However, if someone designed a test that checked whatever genes encode for eye colour, you could abort any baby that did not have blue eyes.
>>
>>140642686
This is actually far bigger news than most realize.
It is not an accomplishment, rather a sign that the japanese are more fucked up than everybody else.
There are reasons we don't do this shit in the west.
Even the most simple tampering can create miserable specimens that suffer horrifying un-treatable diseases.
And then of course you open a whole new ethical can of worms about whether or not it's right to put such a specimen out of its misery or let it suffer trying to live a normal life.

This process has existed for a while now, we've just been debating whether or not it is permissible to do it to humans given the absolutely vast consequences.
Most educated people think not.
Japan says yes, good job japan.
Another reason why gooks are not human.
>>
>>140643692
Oh yes and if it weren't for Christianity we'd be exploring other dimensions by now.
>>
>>140645806
Genetically Engineered Catgirls for Military Ownership.

>>140650059
If it was possible to breed with them humanity would be wiped from earth.
Pure humans would be rare as fuck.
>>
File: 1460980290044.jpg (28 KB, 180x218) Image search: [Google]
1460980290044.jpg
28 KB, 180x218
Cat girls, Foxgirls, Lamias, Spidergirls ,Giantgirls Jesus Christ my dick can only handle so much. Pure humans may die out withing ~7 generations.
>>
>>140652483
You could potentially be artificially inseminated with modified genetic material from your partner allowing arbitrary changes if possible.

Designing a human would be difficult though and in th process of learning potentially create a multitude of failures which some would find ethically disturbing.
>>
>>140649289
I am trying to imagine some nasty ass bony human tail made of skin...
>>
>>140654210
>...
Stop.
>>
>>140653373
You're a dumbass. The chinks are already doing it anyways, nobody said that they were going to allow the eggs to fully develop. This is to see the effects on the cells at an super early level. Plus, you have to start somewhere to be able to get viable augmentations and stuff, now's as good a time as any.
>>
>>140654492
lol, I'm not the dumbass here.
>>
>>140645231
Fuck, man. I'll at least have one take care of me when I'm old and dying. I'd die happy in the arms of a cat girl genuinely crying for me.
>>
>>140653373
The only thing that is stopping people from doing this in the west is because MUH LAWS. We both know that they substitute "ethics" for "laws" for PR purposes. If that shit was made legal, everyone in the field would jump on that shit in a heartbeat. It would be a huge rat race to see who would develop the best method for curing Huntington's Disease so they can brag and dickwag about their Nobel Prize to the rest of their colleagues.
>>
>>140654772
>Da chinks are cuhrazee

>It is just the start of it. Nothing major. Just a few experiments. Just to make a base for future explorations. Dumbass.

>no u

This is why civilizations don't get anywhere.
>>
>>140642686
This is pretty interesting really. I never got the >muh ethics
stigma against this field. If you can kill diseases, cancers, and defects before the kid is even born, why wouldn't you?

Hell, we might even be able to make 3DPD physically closer to 2D level. Shame we can't brainwash them though.
>>
>>140654772
>lol
Yes, you are.
>>
>>140653373
>There are reasons we don't do this shit in the west.
Only reason is religious bullshittery. Japan doesn't have that.
>>
>>140655305
>Just the start of it
I know this.
The problem is -what- it's the start of, and that is human egg modification.
The problem is that we don't know enough about this to develop procedures complex enough to ensure good success rates with no side-effects later in life, and also there is the question of whether we should be doing it even we could get the loss-of-life down to 0.1%.
How will this effect society?
Will people begin doing it in back-alleys like they do with abortion?

"Just the beginning" is of no consequence, I know better than you that it's just the beginning.
I knew about these developments long before this shit thread appeared.

>>140655385
Listen, just because you don't comprehend ethics beyond perhaps what bits of nietszhe the teacher made you read doesn't mean you're totally above it.
Really, walk in on one of the conferences on the subject and repeat your post verbatim and tell me how you weren't laughed out of the venue.
>>
>>140655385
Typical powerless fedora whine.
>>
>get catgirl gf
>she dies at age of 16 due to old age and other cat related ailments
>>
>>140642686
Pretty excited desu
I need my genemods to better murder ayys with
>>
>>140656809
Meanwhile in China where life is cheap they'll be able to experiment unabated and get results. The sort of results that will enable them to put a boot on their throat while they laugh at your twisted morals while they write the history books. The morality of self righteousness is a luxury, if you can't afford it and buy it anyway there will be dire consequences.
>>
>>140652483
>you can't choose if your baby will have blue eyes based on genetic modification
Makes sense, since it would besmirch the superior nipponese dark hair + dark eyes combo that the entire populace has
>>
File: Not bad.gif (1011 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
Not bad.gif
1011 KB, 500x273
>>140656809
>mfw anon believes in back ally genetic modification of embryos
>>
>>140657422
Or we let China do all the dirty work first before bribing some official to leak all the info and then enter the field from a much nicer, cleaner position.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.