[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gyakuten Saiban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: burgers.jpg (446 KB, 1366x2302) Image search: [Google]
burgers.jpg
446 KB, 1366x2302
This is some 4kids level of localization. The names doesn't even match what they're saying.
>>
They're using the localized names.
>>
>>140612888
So? They're in Japan speaking in japanese. They should have the japanese names.
>>
>streaming
>>
>>140612936
They're catering to gamefags anon.
>>
The localized names is making it more fun. Without those this would sort of be really awful

LESSA GO OUT! CHEESU BURGER!
>>
>>140612855
I can't tell if this thread is serious, bait, or a friendly joke that went over everyone's head.
>>
>>140612855
crunchy released dual subs.
horrible being horrible.
because you're a streamfag you probably wouldn't know.
>>
>>140613154
Sure would be quite a SHAME if you learned some JAPANESE, right?
>>
>>140612855
Did they fix the running animation in the opening of episode 4? because it looks like it.
>>
Who cares? What's important is my nostalgia.
>>
They're obviously in Japanifornia.
>>
>>140613086
Considering the anime was made for the gamefags and the majority of people watching it are gamefags, it's the most logical thing to do.
>>
>>140613755
>You'll never eat an authentic Japanifornia hambahgah.
>>
>>140613755
>tfw no traditional American Kotatsu to sit under while eating sushi shaped cheesu burgers.
>>
>>140612855

Only an idiot would watch this if they haven't played the games, it has no appeal apart from fanservice. If you want Ace Attorney at its best, play the games. This is just some fun for the fans.

Taking about the localisation would hurt it massively. I hate the japanese names.
>>
>>140616692
Is playing a 4kids localization really that much better?
>>
>being this autistic over the localization
>>
I'm watching the regular translation on CR without the localization in place.

>Naruhodo-kun
>They get miso ramen

Naruhodo-kun is a weird ass last name. Literally means "I see"
>>
>>140616840
Yes
>>
>>140616840
4Kids localization is literally taking away from the original. Ace Attorney localization is god tier because it literally took nothing away from it.
>>
>>140617004
Nearly all of the names are puns or just some joke in the original Japanese, so fair enough that the original localization team for the games had to change everything quite a bit.

They did go far in a lot of places (adding memes), but it was a different time and they still stayed pretty true to the script. That's probably why most people look fondly on the localized version instead of being mad at it like the current bullshit localization + censorship we've gotten with things like Fire Emblem.
>>
Times like this, I am glad to be part of the raws master-race.
>>
>>140615085
>you will never eat hamburger with a cute medium while her stupid sexy dead cake oneesan watches over you
>>
File: Redd_White_Portrait.png (83 KB, 230x307) Image search: [Google]
Redd_White_Portrait.png
83 KB, 230x307
WATCH YER NAM
>>
File: Gyakuten Saiban - 04.png (838 KB, 1049x590) Image search: [Google]
Gyakuten Saiban - 04.png
838 KB, 1049x590
>>140613230
You're right. They added more frames.
Also changed the color of the pilars Phoenix and Edgeworth are standing on.
>>
>>140620978
>Hamburger
>Not Sushi shaped Hamburgers.

Nick pls
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.