[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17
File: 1461211644473.jpg (3 MB, 8420x5942) Image search: [Google]
1461211644473.jpg
3 MB, 8420x5942
Which and why?
>>
File: Hanekawa.Tsubasa.full.934203.jpg (322 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Hanekawa.Tsubasa.full.934203.jpg
322 KB, 1280x1024
Because she's literally perfect in every way.
>>
Kagenui or Kiss-shot
>>
Phoenix is waifu.

Monkey is fuck toy.

All others a shit.
>>
Snail because I'm pedo
>>
File: NiseHitagiEpi6.jpg (85 KB, 699x393) Image search: [Google]
NiseHitagiEpi6.jpg
85 KB, 699x393
>>140609064

Crab or Snail.

Snail because she's fun and has top tier banter skills and Crab because she wants what's actually best for Araragi + also top tier banter skills.
>>
Snake because I want to drink sake with a middle school age goddess. Also, I like girls with severe mental issues.
>>
>>140609138
yeah this
>>
File: 1430289938892.jpg (11 KB, 260x384) Image search: [Google]
1430289938892.jpg
11 KB, 260x384
>>140609138

> Catfags
>>
>>140610428
I know. I have a hard time understanding them.
>>
>>140610428
i do not like the cat version either no
>>
File: 1458410221158.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1458410221158.gif
1 MB, 600x338
>>
>>140609064
I'll choose the one with the bandage on its arm since it's the only one not making a stupid face or hand sign.

If the blonde one gives me free donuts, I could be swayed though.
>>
>>140610077
>because she wants what's actually best for Araragi
applied to about half the girls in this series to be honest
including Hachikuji, she mentions offhand in Mayoi Hell that during Shinobu Time she asked Yotsugi to look after Araragi in her place if anything bad ever happened to her
>>
File: d1bb51f05124a15e18e68a530e46bcc.jpg (145 KB, 1132x800) Image search: [Google]
d1bb51f05124a15e18e68a530e46bcc.jpg
145 KB, 1132x800
Bee because she's waifu.
>>
>>140610682

Feels like the fact lends a little more meaning for crab because she's actually thinking about his future, I thought that was kind of the point of the conversation where she asks him whether he'll go to university or start working and he honestly just hadn't been thinking about it, which kind of shows the negative effect of all the life-threatening supernatural things he deals with.

I appreciate that pretty much all she wants is for him to be able to live like a normal person, not just seeing him as the half vampire who solves all the oddity garbage in the town.
>>
Immortality+multitasking.
>>
>>140610963

> Multitasking

What?
>>
>>140610947
>which kind of shows the negative effect of all the life-threatening supernatural things he deals with.
He was like that before even getting involved with supernatural stuff though. He passed the school's entrance exam by accident even.

>I appreciate that pretty much all she wants is for him to be able to live like a normal person
Maybe it's just me but I've never gotten the impression that Araragi has any interest in living like a normal person. Hell he's only benefitted from his lifestyle, compare how he was before the events of Kizu and how he is after it.
Gahara must understand that much, Araragi never would've helped her at all but for the way he lives.

>not just seeing him as the half vampire who solves all the oddity garbage in the town.
I'm pretty sure the only character in this series who sees him like this was Meme.
>>
>>140610831
why is there an egg on her head
>>
>>140611189
Koyomi makes all the girls he's banged where it for some reason.
>>
>>140611154
The whole story is about Araragi growing up after a silly adventure he has just before college

>Maybe it's just me but I've never gotten the impression that Araragi has any interest in living like a normal person
There isn't any impression of that, as self-destructive as it gets for him the guy is enjoying his life for the most part, even during Bakemono. It's just bad writing.
>>
>>140611189 To symbolize that she's perfect breeding material.
>>
Crab for waifu, Monkey for a fling. DESU I wouldn't mind being stuck with Shinobu for a few centuries either.
>>
>>140610077
>she wants what's actually best for Araragi
She wants to maintain her relationship with Koyomi. As confident as she acts she clearly gets more out of the relationship than Koyomi does and would be a lot more upset than he would if they seperated for whatever reason. That's not a bad thing, but I just don't think she 'cares' for Araragi any moreso than Cat, Bat, Snail, or Monkey also do.
>>
>>140611154

> I've never gotten the impression that Araragi has any interest in living like a normal person.

How? It's pretty clear he doesn't want all the oddity crap to happen, he's just the type of person who will always help out in that kind of situation. And as it stands, it was mostly Hanekawa who helped Araragi change over the course of Kizu, not his vampirism or Kiss-shot, that basically ended up with him almost committing suicide over it, shit, pretty much right off the bat he asks Kiss-shot if he can turn back into a human, and that's one of his main reasons for helping her. Hanekawa was the one who made him realize that friends are important and made him throw away his old "Friends lower the strength of a person" ideology.

It's not like he ever takes pleasure in dealing with supernatural shit, he does it because he wants to help the people getting hurt by them, that's all. And it's shown pretty well later on in the series that he does want to go to university with Crab and just lead a normal life, and in Hana, we see him as a much more mature person who seems to be happy with the way his life is now.
>>
>>140611450
>he does it because he wants to help the people getting hurt by them
That's what I meant by not having any interest in living like a normal person. His justice-fagging isn't normal, the supernatural stuff is just the setting he happens to be in.
>>
I miss newtype USA
>>
>>140611527

> His justice-fagging isn't normal

Isn't it? He's just a really selfless person, that's not really a reason for him not wanting to live as a normal person. Like I said, it's pretty clear he doesn't really enjoy getting involved in oddity stuff because it usually ends with him being grievously injured, he just does it because he just genuinely wants to help. As we can see with Sodachi, it's not like he'd restrict himself to just helping out in supernatural situations, he'd help someone regardless.
>>
>>140609064
Bat for she's perfect. Alternately monkey for being the next best thing.
>>
>>140610947
> I thought that was kind of the point of the conversation where she asks him whether he'll go to university or start working and he honestly just hadn't been thinking about it
He was thinking about it, also he had talked to Hanekawa about it too. All Senjougahara did was persuade him to go to the same university as her.
>>
>>140611646
It's sort of a major plot point throughout the entire series that his "selfless-ness" is beyond what's normal for a person, yes.
>>
>>140611856

> Also he had talked to Hanekawa about it too.

When was that? The conversation I was talking about happened in episode 6 of Bake, was the Hanekawa conversation just in the book or just after this point? In which it doesn't really matter?

> All Senjougahara did was persuade him to go to the same university as her.

She made him realize that was actually an option for him. Before that all he said was that he'd be happy if he just graduated, before she asked him what he would do afterwards even if he did graduate.
>>
>>140611944

Just because he's selfless doesn't mean he wants to keep throwing himself at oddities. He does it to help his friends, not to be the guy who fights oddities and gets the shit beat out of him. He just wants everyone to be able to keep living.

And, like I said in Hana, its pretty clear that he's happy just being normal and going to university with Crab, it's not like he'd go out of his way to find oddity crap to get involved in like say, Hanekawa would.
>>
>>140612006
The whole thing about Hanekawa deciding not to go to university at all I mean, that's the conversation this came from.

Like I said >>140611436 I really don't think that Gahara plays a bigger role in guiding/caring for Araragi more than several of the other girls. I'm pretty sure she just represents one of several aspects that make up the series' general theme.
>>
>>140612106
I already said that the supernatural stuff nothing to do with anything. He has a noted justice complex that isn't normal.
>>
>>140612106
>>140612175
Also
>to help his friends
not just friends, he's willing to help random strangers too. Like he did all throughut Bake.
>>
>>140612106
He has finally stopped hating himself by Hana anon but his reckless disregard for his life was stemmed from him not valuing it.
>>
>>140612144

> Gahara plays a bigger role in guiding/caring for Araragi more than several of the other girls.

In the aspect of her wanting him to be able to live happily as a normal person, I'd say she does, something like that might just come down to personal opinion based on whatever you think was the most 'important' message/lesson from each girl.

> The whole thing about Hanekawa deciding not to go to university at all I mean

Was this in Kuro? If not, all I mentioned it as the first time we see him posed with the question of what he was actually going to do with his future. If it happened before that, it still seems pretty valid because it's clear during that scene that he hadn't really been thinking about it anyway.
>>
File: DIY Do your best.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DIY Do your best.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Any Gaen is best girl. Any and all Gaen are best girls.
It's a bloodline of best girls which is being unsuitably not introduced into the Araragi bloodline for the ultimate in Super Perversion.
>>
>>140612232

Mistyped, I know he would go and help anyone who needed, it.

>>140612175

Again, so? That doesn't mean he doesn't want to live a normal life, which is what I was arguing?

>>140612383

And he valued being able to live normally?
>>
>>140609064
Monkey for hanging out and gradually exploring sexuality with.
>>
>>140612144
Nah, I think that other anon is correct about Crab being the most emblematic of the theme of Araragi moving past all this wacky oddity stuff and living a comfortable normal life.

I also get the impression that even Nisio now feels that this is a pretty boring theme compared to everything else going on though. An awkward romance between a justice-minded schoolboy and a tsundere chick is something that's been done a million times before in anime, Bakemonogatari frankly didn't even do this in that interesting a way either but for all the other events going on around it. Thematically Crab is the most fitting 'end' for Araragi, but Nisio seemingly enjoys writing everyone else more hence why he doesn't even bother having her show up in the story most of the time. People say that it's because she has no place in it but there were plenty of times where she could be there in a fashion similar to her presence in Mayoi Snail.
>>
>>140614726
>but there were plenty of times where she could be there in a fashion similar to her presence in Mayoi Snail.

Not that anon but there is always much better options for the oddity related situations Araragi gets into.
The fact Senjougahara being a normalfag makes her a liability considering she had to go to Oshino to help Araragi with the Lost Cow whereas now Araragi would go to Kanbaru, Hanekawa, Shinobu or Yotsugi for those issues just proves that she's out of place.
>>
>>140615023
>makes her a liability
A lot of the time other girls get involuntarily dragged into it though, don't they?

The example I had in mind actually doesn't involve oddities at all - Hana's ending where Araragi goes to Monkey's house. It just struck me as really odd that Araragi didn't bother bringing Crab with him. How Hana paints the relationship between Monkey, Araragi and Crab in general was a bit strange to me (particularly the LN version), but this particular thing just makes me think that Nisio simply prefers to not write Crab.
>>
>>140615192
Most of the girls don't have trouble seeing oddities that Senjougahara does.
Her normalfaggotry is liability because everyone else around Araragi has an oddity in them (Hanekawa and Kanbaru - who admittedly loses hers but we know she's still oddity sensitive to the point she can tell Araragi is human in Owari) or is an oddity and as such, has zero issues with dealing with oddities at the basic level.

Hana was perfect with the end how it was. Araragi coming to clean Kanbaru's room has never involved Senjougahara ever, suddenly forcing Senjougahara into that would have been awkward.
>>
File: 6575786868.jpg (59 KB, 508x720) Image search: [Google]
6575786868.jpg
59 KB, 508x720
Shinobu because I can fatten her up
>>
File: 1460210353543.jpg (227 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1460210353543.jpg
227 KB, 600x800
>>140609064
Monkey because she's a cute tomboy.
>>
>>140615192
>How Hana paints the relationship between Monkey, Araragi and Crab in general was a bit strange to me (particularly the LN version)
what was stange about this?
>>
File: 1457553657791.gif (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1457553657791.gif
3 MB, 720x480
Snail, because she is the best
Everyone except Snek is also an acceptable answer
>>
>>140609064
No strawpoll? Come on do it right!

Snail for me, just got my BD in for 1st season and rewatching
>>
>>140615457

I wouldn't really consider her a liability, if it wasn't for her, Araragi probably would have been lost with Mayoi for ages before he caught on to the fact that she was the cause of the problem, IF he had caught on at all, as well as saving him from Kanbaru, and buying some time for her and Araragi to figure out how to deal with Nadeko/Hiring Kaiki to save Araragi.

She's pretty much been shown to be smart enough to stay out of the way of oddity things as well as knowing when she had a chance to influence them.

Overall, she's been pretty helpful and Araragi would probably be dead if not for her, considering how sparsely she's in the story action wise, mostly just being by the sidelines for advice/support, she's not much of a liability at all.
>>
>>140615457
I'm denying that she'd be a liability in an oddity-related situation, it's more that I would've thought that she'd be more prominent in the overall narrative than she is. Most arcs have scenes before shit gets weird at the beginning too, she's still not present in them most of the time either. Most of the time the reader has to make inferences about their relationship through stuff that Cat, Monkey or Araragi himself says instead of actually seeing anything.

The scene at the end of Hana was all about Monkey moving on with her life, up until Hana I would've thought that this involves Crab just as much as it would Araragi.

>>140615569
It gave a fair bit of depth to Monkey's and Araragi's relationship whereas it made Monkey's and Crab's relationship seem surprsingly kinda simple and less meaningful, atleast that's what it seemed like to me anyway.

I specified the LN version because her inner thoughts are more prominent there, and Araragi is heavily prominent in those thoughts. The guy evidently influences her a lot and is a massively defining part of her character, moreso than anyone else.
Whereas Crab just felt more like an object of desire/lust and little else. Maybe it's just me but I thought the way Monkey saw the two was a bit more balanced/equal than that (if anything I'd have thought that it'd be tipped more towards Crab)
>>
>>140615839
She was helpful at points but she's not exactly any good outside of keeping Araragi grounded, which is sorta the point because when oddity issues come around, it's always Oshino or Hanekawa or someone else saving Araragi.
Senjougahara saving Araragi in Suruga Monkey was Oshino's doing, not Senjougahara's given he planned from the get-go to bring Senjougahara in to solve the issue with the best balance possible.
I'll give you Mayoi but then at that point, only three characters had been introduced so Senjougahara is the only one who could help by default.

>>140615878
>It's more that I would've thought that she'd be more prominent in the overall narrative than she is

Why would you think that? The underlying theme is that a normal life is a best life but Araragi actively goes against that at every opportunity and Senjougahara needs to stay out of everything so that he has a normal life to go back to.

As long as Araragi is doing oddity shit, Senjougahara cannot be a important character to the overall plot specifically.
Her role is to ground Araragi, to keep him normal and stop him from falling into old habits.
>>
>>140615839
>if it wasn't for her, Araragi probably would have been lost with Mayoi for ages before he caught on to the fact that she was the cause of the problem
If it wasn't for her, Hanekawa would've helped him instead.

>as well as saving him from Kanbaru
You're right about this one, though Kanbaru only attacked him at all because it was Senjougahara who was involved here

>and buying some time for her and Araragi to figure out how to deal with Nadeko/Hiring Kaiki to save Araragi
She did manage to save Araragi here though, yeah. Kaiki would've stepped in eventually anyway since Kanbaru was in danger though so there is that.

I think she intentionally is supposed to come off as not having a major direct effect on things, her main role really is one that's outside of all this oddity stuff after all.
>>
>>140615878

Isn't Hana meant to be almost entirely about Kanbaru's adolescence? I can understand not including Crab because even though they're friends, she's something of a past romantic interest by this point, isn't she?

I felt like not including her was something of a lean towards Kanbaru moving on in that department, moreso than in Bake, at least.

>>140615192

As for the ending where Araragi is cleaning Kanbaru's room, it was always something that was personal to the two of them, or at least I thought so, it felt nostalgic, and adding Crab would have messed with the feeling since she isn't a part of the cleaning scenes normally.
>>
>>140615878
Araragi is Kanbaru's bro, whereas Senjougahara's just a ho
>>
>>140609064
All

I'm a slut
>>
>>140616139

> If it wasn't for her, Hanekawa would've helped him instead

Hanekawa didn't want to go home either and could therefore see Mayoi. After she left, it probably would have taken till at least the next day for her to know that Araragi wasn't around, and she'd probably have to go to Oshino too, so Senjougahara helping out probably saved him a day of walking around before being told about Mayoi by Oshino.

>>140616139

Kaiki would've stepped in eventually anyway since Kanbaru was in danger

It's not like we even know if there would have been enough time for Kaiki to become aware of the situation before Nadeko killed Araragi anyway.
>>
Where is Sodachi? She's second best after Nadeko
>>
File: 1338654845052.jpg (31 KB, 547x393) Image search: [Google]
1338654845052.jpg
31 KB, 547x393
>>140616418

Ougi isn't there either.

Also
> She's second best after Nadeko
>>
>>140616418
>shit taste the post
>>
>>140616418
Dunno about how good a girl she is
but the Sodachi stuff in general made me wish that the series was more about straight up mystery solving. Post-Tsubasa Tiger Hanekawa is a great wingman too.
>>
Crab. I just want to protect her and be protected by her.
Shinobu and Hanekawa are also elder god tier.
Mayoi, Kanbaru, and Ononoki would be great to hang out with, god tier as well.
The fire sisters would be great for threesomes, I might enjoy doing justice with them.
Fuck Snake.
>>
>>140616682

> Post-Tsubasa Tiger Hanekawa is a great wingman too.

I feel you there, pre-tiger I always found her to be really boring, but afterwards she's actually started to grow on me as a character.
>>
Crab because I want a slightly femdom-y girlfriend who I can banter with back and forth. Also, I think she's really cute despite the usual stoneface. Maybe I'm into kuudere more then I thought, or whatever Crab technically fits into.

All other girls besides Monkey and Cat aren't worth considering anyway.
>>
>>140616139
>>140616340
In Hachikiji's case Gahara not being able to properly get involved was probably a good thing. Mayoi Hell infers as much but doesn't go into detail about it but Araragi pretty much was the only one who could (or would) have saved her.

We hear from Oshino himself that the Snail oddity was so minor/harmless that just leaving it alone would've been fine, so exorcists probably wouldn't have bothered helping her
and Hanekawa found her, as you said they probably would've been lost for who knows how long, since she had absolutely no desire to go home to begin with.

Throw in the fact that Hachikuji needed to be there to find Shinobu later on in Bake + Araragi not being able to interfere with Hachikuji's death without Shinobu to begin with, if you're going to play up "destiny" being involved in any relationship in this series it'd be Araragi and Hachikuji I think.
>>
File: sun.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sun.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
tfw no Bee to work out and watch Super Sentai with afterwards
>>
>>140617357
>Snail oddity was so minor/harmless that just leaving it alone would've been fine

Seriously? That's pretty harsh. Seems like she could have done some actual damage to people if she lead them far enough away from wherever they were, especially if it was a young kid or an actual run-away.
>>
>>140617601
It's what Oshino apparantly said, yeah.

Also Hachikuji was just wandering around that one town, right? Yeah it could cause some harm but I can see why it'd seem minor next to shit like the devil parts or the crab god oddity
>>
>>140617756

Eh, just seems like, considering she's a little girl, I can imagine a lot of people going and trying to help her out, even if she is kind of bratty.
>>
>>140617601
She can't do that much damage because people wont stay lost forever. She is just a temporary distraction.
Of course people who are all kinds of fucked up would cling to her forever in order to not face reality, a la araragi.
But that's their fault really.
>>
All this thread is doing is making me sad I can't plunge my dick into Monkey and fuck her for three days straight
>>
File: 1460221568576.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460221568576.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>140618467
Don't remind me.
>>
File: mathemagics.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mathemagics.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>140609064
Oikura because she is the most relatable for me both in background and behavior, and has the cutest insanity probably because of her complete powerlessness in comparison to every other character.
>>140616418
Introduced too late, probably after this picture was made, and she is never a part of the group anyway.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.