[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Kill la Kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
File: 1453252057810.jpg (469 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1453252057810.jpg
469 KB, 2048x1536
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Kill la Kill was good?

What would you want from a movie? A new plot or an alternate telling like the TTGL/Madoka/etc movies?
>>
>>140586056
Of course it was and HNNNNNG dat Mako!

What I want out of a second season is just more of the characters, doesnt even have to be life fiber related, just have them doing slice of life shit and trying to get jobs or go to school

Kind of like Tenchi Muyo / Universe / Tokyo
>>
>>140586056
It was great, 8/10.

I don't really want them to continue. I'd prefer their creators to produce new original content. Also slightly related, I'd like to see Yoshinari in a directorial position again. Sushio as well.
>>
It was good, not great, but entertaining enough to call it solidly good.
>>
>>140586056
>now that the dust has settled
Can you stop forcing this shit /v/ tier meme you faggot.
>>
>>140586056
nah that show was piss. sage
>>
It was entertaining, had a great soundtrack, and likable characters. It started going downhill once the plot really kicked in though.

I'm not sure I'd want to see a movie, the series feels pretty complete. No need to beat a dead horse.
>>
>>140586056
>Kill la Kill was good
It was average. The last exciting scene was the start of the fight for a student council position.
>>
>>140586056
I liked it a lot, but I see no place for a season 2.

I have no feelings about a movie though.
>>
Movie
>Life Fibers are incredibly scarce on earth, due to the vast majority being used in either Senketsu Kisaragi or Shinra-Kōketsu, both of which were scattered over the atmosphere.
>However, just as Ragyō claimed, Other Primordial Life Fiber Cocoons start to approach earth and without any Goku uniforms, The Elite Four struggle to contend with these new foes.
>Ryūko seeks out her scissor blades once more, only to find they have already been found and destroyed by another.
>Shirō Iori, who has been missing for some time reappears, having spent months researching the notes and records of both Ragyō Kiryūin and Isshin Matoi.
>Using what remaining Life Fibers he could gather from all around the country, the bulk of which came from deconstructing Ryūko's scissor blades, he was able to construct another set of Goku uniform.
>Bankai threads gathered from low orbit proved to be the most potent, as each came with fragments of a personality.
>Using them he managed to rebuild and recreate the uniforms, each with personality but with weak or few memories. Kamui Senketsu, Kamui Junketsu, and Kamui Harime.
>The crew try their best not to lose their way.
>Gamagōri continues to prove that he is best girl.
>Electric Shamisen intensifies.
>Nani-Sore?!
>Heel clicks.
>You get the picture.

Rate it, Fanfiction/10.
>>
Entirely non-canon, non-action slice of life feature length that features the traditional tropes of a city shopping episode akin to the final credits scene, a beach episode fulfilling everything you might expect, and ending on a hot-springs/hotel episode to wrap everything up.

Comfy/10
>>
>>140586056
where's nui's legs
>>
>>140591924
Nui's basically a living cardboard cut out (at least how's she's animated at times). She doesn't need legs
>>
>>140589743
>Life fibers can only be fully killed by hardened fiber blades.
>Destroying the last pair of blades to make uniforms so normal humans would be able to fight, but not have anything to fight with.
>When you already have post series Ryuko strong enough to destroy the entirety of Honnouji with a single cut.

>Taking the heavy hitter's weapons, to empower the light hitters to medium status.

For what purpose?
>>
>>140586056
>can we agree that Kill la Kill was good?

It wasn't, first few episodes were solid good but it lost it's way.

Also shitty outfits.
>>
not enough content for 24 episodes. filler battles are boring.
>>
File: tumblr_nsv6ae27ky1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg (90 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsv6ae27ky1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg
90 KB, 500x400
>>140586056
Kill la kill yourself
>>
>>140586056
>can we agree that Kill la Kill was good?
no
>>
Things started getting really weird and more nonsensical than usual near the end, but I enjoyed it a lot. It's like Pacific Rim: stupid but fun. Would love an OVA that just follows them in their normal lives.
>>
>>140586056
>What would you want from a movie?
Harime Nui.
>>
>>140592877
Why does Mako have massive buck teeth, why is Nonon brown, why does Ryuko have hairy arms.. Why.. Why have they all been snorting orange cheeto dust?!

WHY TUMBLR WHY.
>>
>>140592877
What the fuck is this.

What the actual fuck /is/ this?
>>
>>140586056
>nui wearing life fibers
Uh huh
>>
6/10
>>
>>140592698
I think he meant destroying the scissors to recreate the Senketsu and pals.

Plus the scissor blades were good at killing life fibers, but not required. Once Satsuki knew how the blades worked she could do the same thing with her swords just like anyone could with any similar weapon if they knew how.

And finally.
>Complains about Nerfing Ryuko.
>Then complains that Ryuko would be too powerful for a season 2.
>>
File: And then there's this.jpg (89 KB, 694x960) Image search: [Google]
And then there's this.jpg
89 KB, 694x960
>>140586056

No, we can't agree on that. KlK was shit, and it's only redeeming features were the ones it copypasted from Gurren Laggan and covered in fanservice.
>>
8/10

9/10 for a guy that enjoys average animes like me
>>
File: Gulag 1.jpg (85 KB, 350x374) Image search: [Google]
Gulag 1.jpg
85 KB, 350x374
It's a shit show.
>>
>>140586201
>Kind of like Tenchi Muyo / Universe / Tokyo
Man that shit was awful and killed my interest in comedic anime when I was 12 yo.
>>
File: distraction[1].jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
distraction[1].jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
Kill La Kill is an excellent example of how you can get away with having absolutely no substance if you use enough cheep surface appeal.
>>
>>140593427
>Similar weapon.
That's the issue. Aikuro said it in his explanation after Osaka, only hardened fibers can cut pure fiber bundles. Proved during the naturals selection when Nonon could not damage Senketsu with metal projectiles.

Complaint was not that Ryuko's OP. It's that in the possible time after the OVA you already have an individual capable of wielding the last surviving pair of blades needed to kill seeds. Why would you then take your already proven effective force and break it apart to create multiple weaker ones that wouldn't have the ability to kill Seeds?
>>
>>140593702
Yeah, pretty much. I can enjoy something if it's fun, so i like watching average anime more than most people
>>
>>140594179
Satsuki's sword wasn't Life Fiber was it? It managed to cut through them, and since Gamagori had armor made out of the same stuff then it must be easier to produce than Life Fiber swords.
>>
>>140593130
because that's how they look cosplaying
>>
File: BjT3lY6CAAAqDmd.png large.png (243 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
BjT3lY6CAAAqDmd.png large.png
243 KB, 566x800
>>140586056
More Nui and Senketsu. I don't really care about a single other character in this garbage show. Never even bothered watching the OVA extra episode. I don't care how you bring them back, make the MakoNui theory real, have Senketsu reconstitute himself from Ryuuko's hair, Imaishi is a worthless hack and I think those are well up his garbage alley.
>>
>>140586056
it was better than ttgl
>>
>>140586056
Nah, it was great for the first 12 eps; then it just fell to shit.
>>
I fell in love with Nui. I don't know how. I usually don't like psychotic characters like her. But there was something about her, even if in the end of the actual series, there wasn't anything at all. I'm not a masochist either so I'm not like those types who want Nui to stomp on my balls and insult me. It's so weird that it continues to baffle my mind
>>
File: 41325259_p0.jpg (120 KB, 332x800) Image search: [Google]
41325259_p0.jpg
120 KB, 332x800
>>140598456
she's cute
>>
>>140598531
But I tend to like characters with more than just visual aesthetics to go for them, so she would be an anomaly if that were the case, which she is anyway just for her usual nature.
>>
File: 1417765735688.jpg (45 KB, 407x385) Image search: [Google]
1417765735688.jpg
45 KB, 407x385
>>140598456
>psychotic
But anon.
She's 'armless.
>>
>>140586056
>le dust has le settled
7/10

It was TTGL fanservice with a reskin; mix of parody and homage to other creations. It was one of those shows that I give bonus points to for being a "watch with /a/ as it airs" show. It was too long for what it was, both plot-wise and studio-wise.

>>>/v/
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1442035472802.gif (828 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1442035472802.gif
828 KB, 500x281
>>140592877
Delete that shit.
>>
>>140592877
post the koalas.
>>
>>140586056
7/10 it was good and fun, but there were pointless things in the plot sometimes. I'd like a prequel, but as a movie
>>
>>140596309
Bakuzan is interesting.

Following the logic outlined in the show it must have been hardened fibers, as "only life fibers can cut life fibers". But it was also significantly more fragile than the scissors as Ragyo's bare hands could snap it like glass and did so until they were reduced to nothing. She didn't have it as far as we know before Isshin fled or immediately afterword, so more than likely "gifted" by Ragyo to aid her conquests and carry out "the plan". Entirely possible Isshin helped design it though and used that knowledge to make the superior scissors. Taking the existence of the two "original OLF needle shaped blades" into account I would propose that Bakuzan was REVOCS prototype attempt at recreating them.

Satsuki's false toenail was the same stuff (and was capable of slicing steel and covers like butter). Gamagori's armor was made of "titanium-steel" plates courtesy of his family's metal works and it only slowed down Nui's temporarily pointed fingers to prevent a fatal blow not stop it.

The only other weapons shown to even harm the lesser goku uniform wearing clones and "unworn" covers had some kind of fancy light edges. Probably plasma weaponry (working on the assumption that enough heat burns fibers ala weakened Senketsu reentry at mach 200+) and they couldn't cut down the more powerful covers even.
>>
KLK is the definition of "style over substance"

and I'm torn, because I really like the style and really don't like the substance
>>
the fuckers talked way too fucking much while they fight
especially satsuki
>>
File: image.png (677 KB, 819x796) Image search: [Google]
image.png
677 KB, 819x796
>KLK and Luluko take place in the same universe
>>
>>140589743
Does it have lesbian scene with statsuki, nonon, nui, and satsukis mom?
>>
>>140605084

AYY LMAO
>>
>>140598456
Is it because unlike all of the other characters she had an easy to understand motivation of wanting to be loved?
Because she's technically no different from Ryuko and "failure of the human race" Satsuki but is unilaterally treated like a monster without regards to how human she actually is?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.