[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about scanlation sniping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Screenshot (111).png (40 KB, 586x244) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (111).png
40 KB, 586x244
How do you feel about scanlation sniping?
>>
It's fun watching Kewl lose his kewl
>>
>>140478550
I feel like it's about as /a/ as Youtube reviewers. Fuck off.

Those translations have been available for over a year without being u
>>
>>140478550
>Scanlation sniping
If you do good work, people will be drawn to your release. If you shitty speedy translations, don't be upset when somebody does shittier speedier translations. Put the effort to be that objectively better release that you have to wait for, or don't complain at all.
>>
This guy seems like a huge faggot considering the last release of 3-gatsu mentioned that it was a one time thing and people should wait for the normal group to release the chapter.

As for me I never snipe or TL things groups have picked up, even if they're volumes behind the JP release and the TL is only on /a/. It causes too much drama I'd rather avoid, people get too mad at this shit.
>>
>scanlator drama
Absolutely cancerous.
>>
Why is "sniping" a thing in scanlations yet fansubbers have more or less gotten over it a long time ago?
>>
>volumes behind
>hurr why does somebody else translate MY MANGA
>>
Gays not welcome.
>>
So someone did it faster and/or better than him. Nobody gives a fuck about translator drama.
>>
>>140478951
Scanlators are far too autistic to ever get over it.
>>
>>140478951
Anime is pretty mainstream compared to manga. So while anime has plenty of attention to throw around, scanlators need to hoard all the attention they can get.
>>
Not actually a thing because it's not their manga to claim.
>>
>>140478986
Not even just volumes behind, his fucking translations are way ahead of the scans, but the group he approved to use them is so slow that the actual typesetting hasn't reached scripts he put up a year ago.
>>
File: 1458076832552.png (644 KB, 821x973) Image search: [Google]
1458076832552.png
644 KB, 821x973
I'll get some heat for this, but here I go:

I'd rather have scanlators quit because their egos got offended, than have to hear about their constant e-preening. Yes, even if it means stuff gets dropped.
>>
Attention-whoring faggots are the reason I started learning lunar hieroglyphs in the first place. Gimme a guy who translates out of passion for a series any day of the week.
>>
>3gatsu

Who cares
>>
Quit giving that retard attention.
>>
>>140479835
Prozes related?
>>
>>140479835
Stuff gets dropped for even dumber shit anyway. This is why I welcome our new Crunchyroll overlords. At least I don't have to worry about shit like
>Is this show going to get subbed
>Is this subgroup going to drop the show

Crunchyroll also started doing manga which I'm glad, since I don't think anybody else was doing Space Brothers before them.
>>
It's reassuring to know there are people with lower self-stem than me out there.
>>
I don't give a shit.
>>
>scanlation drama
Almost a big of a cancer of society as fansub drama.
>>
>>140480060
>I don't think anybody else was doing Space Brothers before them
There was. I forget who, but there was.
>>
>>140478550
Funny as hell
>>
Why the fuck do scanlators give a shit? Shouldn't the whole goal of the movement be to deliver translations? Why do they feel the need to compete?
>>
>>140478951
What fabsubbers?
They all died
>>
>>140480146
Gotta keep that e-peen as big as possible.
>>
>>140480185
[gg] is making fansubbing great again.
>>
>>140478550
>Multiple people scanning a manga
Why is there any problem? Do people really care about e-presence that much?
>>
>>140480271
I hope so
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (163 KB, 897x804) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
163 KB, 897x804
What the literal fuck am I reading? Why are these people allowed to exist?
>>
>>140480146
If would be nice if they wanted to compete, what they want is to monopolize.
>>
>Twitter drama
No-one cares, fuck off.
>>
>>140480349
Why is he bitching if he made his translations public?
>>
>>140480349
Please don't call it a grave. It's the future you chose after all.
>>
>>140480349
He doesnt have a job
Translating crap is the only thing that gives his life any value

Most people at the DJT will end like that
>>
>>140480128
Oh yeah, iMangascans.

They were about ~75 chapters behind when CR decided to pick it up. Either way, there's much less drama when it's officially licensed.
>>
>>140480060
They dropped sun ken rock literally two chapters before the end though.
>>
>>140480349
>Why are these people allowed to exist?
You obviously haven't seen tumblr/livejournal fujos with their secret club scanlations and "permissions" to repost, etc
>>
File: 1461018870438.png (122 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
1461018870438.png
122 KB, 400x368
>>140478612
he lost it with Jojolion, it was funny.
>>
>>140480108
Ever since CR came onto the scene fansubbing drama have been pretty low-profile. I can't even recall any in recent times.
>>
>>140480349
isn't that pace pretty incompetent though
>>
>>140480455
They were releasing faster than CR does, actually, we were just way the fuck behind to start with. We still haven't caught up.
>>
Nise PR here. I don't mind if it's done by legit scans/translations.

It irks me a bit when second-hand / LQ translations are used, but I can't really do anything about it.
>>
>>140480573
Really? What's the latest chapter in Japan right now?
>>
>>140480605
Who?
>>
>>140478951
Probably because there's more stuff that needs to be 'cleaned up' before they can put the translation in. And considering manga are usually longer and done over a longer period of time, people feel like snipers are just stealing their credit after translating it for so long. I mean, if a group had done it for years, through all real life shit they had to sort through to get it out, having someone else swoop in and snipe their work feels like they have been wasting their time until that point. If someone else could have done it, then why didn't they? Why did they wait until now, after all that work has been done, to essentially weasel in and steal credit for getting the translations out?
>>
>>140480349
when people do stuff for you for free you have to tolerate their faggotry
>>
>>140480532
I was in the thread at the time. That anon did a good job with the translations.
>>
>>140478951
Subtitling anime takes considerably less work than scanlations, since there's nothing like cleaning or redrawing to worry about.
>>
File: 1460926641183.png (277 KB, 537x455) Image search: [Google]
1460926641183.png
277 KB, 537x455
>>140480435
>Most people at the DJT will end like that
>>
>>140480658
Eh, the other person may or may not be a bandwagoning faggot (it depends on the situation), but that shouldn't bother you if you're scanlating purely for the sake of making a good manga accessible to others.
>>
>>140480732
It has already happened, and its all a bunch of underage mexican cancerous fucks so it makes sense
>>
>>140480349
>working on it for 3-5 hours a day every day
>still can't make it on time
He should consider a different career.
>>
>>140480649
Does it matter?
>>
>>140480764
This is surprisingly accurate, actually
>>
>>140478951
Fansubbing is dead.
Back when it wasn't dead speedsubs vs fansubs was a thing.
>>
Who gives a shit about scanlators? Their objective is to provide free translations for the community or out of love for the series. Why get mad if someone starts scanlating the same series, you don't own the series, you're doing a charity work. If someone is stealing your translations and making money off of it then sure get riled up.
>>
>>140478550
While I understand why they feel upset when someone else snipes their project. if you ego is so big and fragile that you get flustered over a fast and dirty translation then fuck off.

The most recent example of this was the while Boku Girl side chapter nonsense. It borderlined ruined a lot of good favor his live TLs gained him, at least for me.
>>
>Facilitating piracy
>Complaining when someone facilitates it better than you
>>
I was like you guys once. I laughed at these kind of people who got pissed off over internet fame.
But then I joined a scanlating group. God damn e-peen is so nice.
You don't realise, it's so sweet, like the temptation of the dark side.
>>
>>140480883
>Who gives a shit about scanlators?
>who gives a shit about those who spent their fuking day scanlating while they could the do something else.
>>
>>140480925
Nisekoi PR here again, I don't mind if it's done by someone better than me, but wouldn't you agree it just sucks if it's done on LQ scans and translated from Korean?
>>
>>140480759
The problem is that they invested a lot of their own personal time in it. And since it is most likely no one else had offered to scan/translate it during all that time, or that the sniper hadn't simply offered to help out instead of sniping their work, they can't help but feel the other group is a bandwagon faggot. It takes enormous dedication to translate a manga over a long period of time. Having someone just waltz in and snipe their work somewhat invalidates all the hard work they had previously put in.
>>
They should just do the thing they want to do to the best of their ability without worrying about what the other people are doing.
>>
File: 1413139429677.gif (2 MB, 494x278) Image search: [Google]
1413139429677.gif
2 MB, 494x278
>>140478550
fucking scanlator e-drama redditors.

I remember when piracy was all about sharing the your love for the work and wanted others to enjoy it.
Some college student staying up late just to add the finishing touched despite having an exam the next day. Doing it all for the greater good

Now its all about losers trying hard to get some e-peen so they can feel like their life has meaning because it has none in real life.
People like that can go fuck themselves with a cactus.
>>
>>140480883
From what I've seen they don't care for the community and sometimes don't even care for what they are working on, it's all about the e-peen.
>>
>>140478912
>we released this and published it for you to read, you're reading it now, but here's a disclaimer that bullshittingly tells you to wait for the real release.

I don't care at all but that made me laugh.
>>
>>140478550
Needs to happen more often.
>>
What is e-peen?
>>
>>140481026
>PR
I feel for you son. Why the fuck did you decide to actively be the channel between greedy apples assholes and egotists?
>>
>>140481083
>I remember when piracy was all about sharing the your love for the work and wanted others to enjoy it.
>Some college student staying up late just to add the finishing touched despite having an exam the next day. Doing it all for the greater good
Hahahaha. No. People didn't do it for the sake for others. Only person who has every right to that claim is Duwang. Everyone else did it for their e-penis.
>>
>>140481028
But it doesn't invalidate it, you still fucking achieved what you needed to - those chapters you translated are available in English to be read by people, and would not have been otherwise. A 'sniper' doesn't invalidate anything you've already done, they just might make it not worth your time to continue doing it (if their scanlations are good enough that it'd be redundant to have two sets). But again, that doesn't matter. Your past investment doesn't mean anything about future investment, it already achieved its purpose. The only thing that's invalidated is if they release a chapter without warning while you're in the middle of working on that same chapter, then you've wasted redundant time on that chapter that you didn't need to. But even that downside is totally nullified if you know they're doing it, regardless of whether or not they asked for your permission.
>>
It's a non-issue
>>
>tfw project that I love working on isn't popular enough to be sniped

Cool I guess. Not that I give a shit about sniping.
>>
>>140481155
Proofreader, not Public Relations
>>
>>140478550
>sniping
No such thing.
>>
How long until Daiz shows up and posts in this thread?
>>
>>140481026
If they're delivering shit, then people will stick to the better stuff.
>>
>>140481028
At the end of the day, you should just do this>>140481039
I will always read the most consistent scan that actually reads well, and will always go to their website/irc channel to get it as a sign of support. If I see one group has consistently released 30 chapters of a manga and some other group has only done one chapter then I will stick with the group that has stuck with it.

For the love of god if you want to scanslate a mango that it looks like someone dropped, please just start scanslating it. I don't get all this drama, but if the original group gets pissy then talk it out and come to a consensus on it.
>>
>>140478550
I would love someone to snip my work. Less work = More free time for me.
>>
>>140481221

Daiz has literally nothing to do with scanlation, aside from helping Jewcob DMCA stuff.
>>
>>140481209
Oh, so you're the editor then. I hate you so much for not using the right title, that said, keep up the (presumably) good work, some people enjoy your shit.
>>
>>140481293
Yeah that's the case, most people care more for speed than for quality.

Especially the Nisekoi fanbase.

>>140481316
What? Should we use Fake Love?
>>
>>140478550
I think it increases competition. Lord knows most scanlation groups are cancerous with shitty translations.
>>
>>140481168
Because they spent an incredible amount of personal time on it already. They had probably asked for help numerous times, and probably sacrificed something person to ensure those translations comes out. No matter how much you want to spin it, having someone else comes in and steal their work/credit after all the time and effort they've put in will hurt. Because if the other group's purpose isn't to steal their credit but to help get the stuff out to the fans, then they should have offered to help out with the translations/scans, not release their own stuff.
>>
>>140481338
>Especially the Nisekoi fanbase.
Especially Shonen jump fanbase.
>>
>>140481026
>>140481119
I can sort of the nitwit in OP's image, if he was frustrated over duplicated effort. A vast sea of unscanlated manga, and one of them gets two scanlation efforts. From his perspective, he might wish that they work on a project that is completely dead.

He could have reacted maturely, though; maybe reach out to collaborate with them to get the product done faster, or just shrug and carry on with a new project. His possessiveness over something he did not create is absurd. Complaining about it in public is even worse.
>>
File: 1975sami.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1975sami.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>140481372
it's different there since they're using his translation.
>>
>>140480349
How did they steal his translation if they were out first?
>>
>>140481373
>steal their credit
They're not entitled to any credit to begin with.
>>
>>140481438
Fuck him anyway.
>>
You non-scanlators don't understand, it's like being NTRd.
You pick up a poor lonely series that no one has heard of or cares about. Then, as more and more people start to read it, it gets really popular.
This goes on until it becomes really popular and people come to your IRC channel and thank you for your releases, or leave comments on batoto about how they're so happy they found this series because of you.
But then one day you were a bit busy, so you were slow releasing the next chapter. And before you knew it, that fresh, untouched, pure, clean chapter had been defiled by some J->K->E filth with shit ugly raws. That's when you realise, she's not yours anymore.
You realise some shitty rush job is enough to satisfy her. She doesn't care who it is anymore, as long as she gets her fix it doesn't matter.
She isn't innocent anymore, she's just dirty used goods.

Wouldn't that make you angry too?
>>
I'd be alright if there was some more competition in the monthly's that I read.
Might actually get the new shit translated in a timely manner
>>
File: mm.gif (460 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
mm.gif
460 KB, 256x192
>>140481464
he posted all the translation of 3-Gatsu on Mangahelpers for free, you can read them and he put a "Reserved to my group etc" in the 1st line of each chapter.
>>
>>140481504
>That's when you realise, she's not yours anymore.
That's when you should realise that she was never yours and you applied a false sense of ownership.
>>
>>140481373
>Because if the other group's purpose isn't to steal their credit but to help get the stuff out to the fans, then they should have offered to help out with the translations/scans, not release their own stuff.
I already acknowledged that the other person could be a bandwagoning faggot, but the point is that it shouldn't matter to you. You spent personal time on something, but that time wasn't wasted, it got previous chapters out. Just because you put effort in to get those previous chapters out doesn't mean that you not releasing previous chapters should hurt. It's like someone else volunteering to do future work so you don't have to. Regardless of what their motives are or how much you like/dislike that person, you shouldn't be upset over that. Just read their scans, determine if they're good enough to stand on their own, and if they aren't, you keep scanlating and ignore them, but if they are you move on and find another series or just don't scanlate anything if you don't feel like.
>>
>>140481465
And fans aren't entitled to any sort of fansubs in the first place. So, you sure as hell don't have the right to complain about them complaining.
>>
The last group can barely get a chapter out a month. Look at their release schedule. Maybe kewl should find a new editor instead of complaining that his designated group had their work sniped.
>>
>>140481581
>that you not releasing previous chapters should hurt
that you not releasing FUTURE chapters should hurt*
>>
File: Anime.png (465 KB, 600x711) Image search: [Google]
Anime.png
465 KB, 600x711
>>140481539
it's hard to not scanlate it when he did all the translation but the group is like ~30 chapters behind and the anime air in Fall 2016
>>
>>140481539
Is he credited as the TL is this release?

If so, I can't really understand why he'd be mad. His TL still got out to the world.
>>
>>140480349
Scantalator drama will always be the most pathetic anime/manga fandom drama
>>
>>140481539
So basically, he left his stuff lying around where anyone could see it and is mad that someone took advantage of that.
>>
>>140481338
>Fake Love
Mate, I don't read Nisekoi because I can't stand people being happy and enjoying life, but you're an editor, not PR.
>>
>>140481539
https://mangahelpers.com/search?q=+3-Gatsu
>3-gatsu no Lion 30
>Oct 7, 2012
>Oct 7, 2012
>Oct 7, 2012

Fuck him.
>>
>>140481658
>Is he credited as the TL is this release?
yeah, i don't know he got butthurt. Maybe because they used a different group name while crediting him?

Translations are there: https://mangahelpers.com/m/3gatsunolion/chapters/
>>
>>140481581
Anon, just because you do something for altruistic reason doesn't negate the fact that having someone else take credit for your own hard work is annoying as hell. I mean, even Mr. Rogers got mad at Burger King for using his stuff to promote their crappy food.
>>
>>140481504
hot
>>
>>140481721
>i don't know he go
i don't know why*
>>
>>140481585
I never claimed to be entitled to anything myself though.
>>
>>140478550
>someone translated something before I translated it bwaaaah.

Honest to god, the "work" they do isn't hard, I have 0 respect for these people and if they disappeared overnight I couldn't care less.
Inflated ego because they believe they are needed. Lets get real here for a moment, learning anime level weeabanese isn't hard.

To understand anime you don't need to read/write any japanese, which due to lolkanji is arguably the hardest aspect of the language. Japanese isn't a hard language because of complex grammar, or hard to pronounce/understand vocalization, and for anime all you need is to be able to understand elementary level japanese. Christ, you could probably get the gist of most anime with just a couple of hundred words in your vocabulary.

Sit your ass down and do a "survival" type japanese course that focuses on listening / speaking and you'll be able to understand your beloved anime in 2 months.

Not to mention that these rushed translations are piss poor. The only thing I can thank them for is that their piss poor quality initially got me interested in learning japanese myself instead of relying on them.

They should honest to god be on their hands and knees thanking every person who wastes their precious time supporting them.

TL;DR
Disgusting, stop making threads that make me feel ill.
>>
>>140481779
>someone translated something before I translated it bwaaaah.
this is what happened >>140481674
>>
>>140481738
> having someone else take credit for your own hard work is annoying as hell
But they fucking aren't. If they were literally stealing your previous scans and putting their watermarks all over it and saying they did it, I could sort of understand, but that's not what sniping is. Sniping is someone else doing work to release new chapters of a series that you've released previous chapters of and intended to continue doing. They don't steal any credit.
>>
>>140481721
Huh. I can understand him maybe being annoyed on behalf of the people he's working with, but he seems to be taking it way too personally.
>>
>>140478550
People who throw hissy fits about it are shit, especially when it's a case of speedscans vs quality scans. People who are really into the series are going to read both, archive the latter. Hell, if it's a big enough series readers are also looking at the raws, translation summaries, and waiting for weekly spoilers and rumors.

Just working freelance stuff with /a/, I've run into groups like CxC who get all pissy even though they were months behind on a weekly Jump series, as well as perfectly reasonable groups like Roselia who just skipped forward so we weren't doing the same chapters, and later went back to do their own versions of the chapters we did.
>>
>>140481778
Just saying, if they're not entitled to any sort of credit, then we sure as hell are not entitled to criticize them for anything.
>>
>>140481779
Do you know Japanese, anon? Any at all?
>>
>>140479571
/thread
>>
>>140481843
The right to bitch on the internet is a basic human right, we're all entitled to it.
>>
>>140481826
The credit is getting the scans out to the non-japanese people to build up the popularity outside of Japan. I mean, if they hadn't worked on it since the beginning to whatever chapters they are on now, then who is? The group that suddenly decided to translate a chapter after the first group had been doing it for so long?
>>
>>140481713
Editor in scanlation refers to image editing, the script editor is called a proofreader to avoid confusion.
>>
>>140481967
No. No, we are not. We are not entitled to say anything we want on the internet nor in real life. There is a limit to how far we can bitch.
>>
>>140481996
Wait, so by starting to scarlet it at chapter three-bazillion after it's already become popular, they're somehow stealing the credit for making it popular? I don't understand.
>>
>>140481658
This, honestly.
>>
>>140482071
Then call the cops because I'm not gonna stop complaining about retarded scanlators and I don't have my license.
>>
is Aereus actually quitting because Boku Girl got sniped
>>
>>140482071
>There is a limit to how far we can bitch.
If it's just bitching, there really isn't. Both sides are perfectly capable of bitching about this to their heart's content.
>>
>>140482181

No. Nowhere did he say this. We know, however, that he's busy with school.
>>
I think it's people doing illegal things whining about other people doing the same illegal things, but slightly afterward.

It's stupid.
>>
>>140482103
It means the other group is trying to weasel in and say they had a part in making it popular by releasing their own translations. By releasing their own stuff instead of helping the first group with their release, they're implying the first group is no longer capable of continuing the translations and they should switch over to a new/faster group. Sure, they might not be the second group's intentions, but since they had released their own shit instead of helping out, it's somewhat implied. I mean, compare it to real life. Another company that releases the same product but at a faster rate isn't doing it for altruistic purposes.
>>
>>140480964
>while they could the do something else
Yeah, like get a slave wage job and quit acting like their online presence is meaningful. Everybody work 9-5 and usually never turn their lives into a K-Drama by posting about it on their social media.
>>
>>140482239
>I have something planned for next week he says
>months later
>>
Scanlators can go eat shit. They are nothing but attention whores.
>>
>>140482216
You can bitch as far as current slander and libel laws allow you to go.
>>
Since I take no part in scanlating aside from being a shameless leech I don't really care.
>>
>>140481852
I know i could master it better than any of you bozo in less than a year.

I told you to sop tis thread.
>>
>>140478550
>i illegally reproduced someone elses content
>someone took the illegal reproduction i made of someone elses content and hosted it on their website instead
>wah dont take my scanlations!

No honor among thieves. You get to sleep in the bed you make.
>>
>>140482327
Unless a scanlator decides to attack my 4chan post in justice then I can actually bitch farther than that. And even if he does the bitching would have still been done.
>>
>>140482279
> It means the other group is trying to weasel in and say they had a part in making it popular by releasing their own translations
Or they're just looking for credit for translating the new parts.

As for all the rest, that's stuff you shouldn't be bothered about. Yes, they're trying to "beat" you, but that's because they're retarded e-peen-seeking faggots. If you aren't, then you shouldn't care about who beats you. I mean, fuck, imagine this was test notes or something - you compile notes and hand them out. And then someone else starts compiling their own notes and trying to hand them out faster than you. Would you get fucking angry because it's your right to distribute notes for this class? No, you'd just stop doing it and be glad someone else had taken over.
>>
File: 246.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
246.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
I don't get how more people using your translations over another makes you feel better. I translated a 4koma that I'm pretty sure only like 100 people read. It wouldn't have made any difference to me if 100,000 people read it or whatever, it's not like I'm getting paid for it.
>>
>>140482279
>say they had a part in making it popular by releasing their own translations.
Do people actually give a shit about that?

Either way, this is still just an e-peen based argument, with people being more concerned about their egos than the work itself.
>>
>>140481286
Must be shit if you've almost finished and they upload first though
>>
>>140482463
Anon, I have no idea what your post say. Not that it matters since I was talking about freedom of speech in general. Freedom of speech does not mean you can say whatever you want. There is a limit to how far you can take it.
>>
Wait, isn't this the same guy from a few months ago who was complaining about someone sniping him and the thread reached 400-500 replies? If it is this easy to make him mad I wonder what would happen if someone trolled him for real.
>>
MEANDTHEDEVILBLUESWHENFUCK
>>
>>140482500
Anon, no matter how you want to spin it. Having someone come in and start doing your work without your consent, finish it and hand it over to your boss before you do, is an extremely dickish move.
>>
>>140482506
Because in the end, it's all about the e-penis. Like I said before, other then duwang, I cannot think of anyone that wasn't doing it for e-penis purposes. And if they say they aren't, they're utter liars.
>>
>>140482602
I wonder how mad he'd get if I typeset all his translations ahead of time and then started releasing it at like five chapters a day?
>>
>>140481852
Enough to understand my anime and be able to read my mongo.
I won't be writing a novel anytime soon, and serious literature is out of the question as well for now. But I am continuing to learn and I will eventually get there, just a matter of time.

Honestly, over 100 million people speak the language, anyone telling you that learning it is some super hard impossible feat to pull of is being a prick, that sort of nonsense goes into the same box as the "1000x folded steel strongest swords are japanese" meme. Just weebs who have put Japan, and everything related to it including the language, on a pedestal. In their mind it is the hardest and most sacred language on earth to master... Fuck off, aside from learning Kanji, English is arguably a harder language to learn, due to the fact that no matter how many rules you learn, you are still entering a minefield of exceptions and illogical bullshit that makes absolutely no sense and just is that way because that is the way it is. Or to put it other words, I would rather be western and learn Japanese, than be Japanese and learn English. Or in even other words, I have heard enough western people speak proper japanese, I can only think of a handful of japanese people who speak proper English, most of which either studied abroad or are mix raced.

I am not pretending to be some japanese guru, simply pointing out that understanding spoken japanese, which is all you need for anime, is not hard.
The main reason I started is because I have always wanted to visit Japan, and I don't see the point in going there if I can't understand the language and make myself understood.

>>140481820
It isn't fucking alchemy, he didn't discover some secret. Jesus, it won't be long before google&co will have good quality japanese speech to text, who is he going to be bitching to then. Fucking prima donna behavior, the guy needs to realize that if he is doing this for any other reason besides fun for himself, then he is doing it wrong.
>>
>>140482646

Check Illuminati's post.
>>
>>140482550
A limit that's very clearly defined. Whinging about someone illegally translating something you were illegally translating (or whinging about someone else's whinging) isn't coming even close to libel. The latter is clearly opinion, for fucks sake, which would never count as defamation. Don't try to cover it all under super vague "not all speech is protected" statements.
>>
>>140482680
>your work
You have no power to claim it as "your" work.
>>
>>140482680
No, because this isn't a fucking job. You have no boss, no one's promotion is at stake, and you've already "handed in" all the work you've done. They're just taking over the job and turning in their own work in completing it, separately.
>>
>>140482755
Probably very
>>
>>140478550
As a scanlator whose had projects "sniped" I can say without a doubt that he's just an attention whore little bitch.
>>
>>140482055
Could've sworn that position was cleaner or redrawer. Ah well
>>
Remember when translation groups did it for the praise and respect of the community and didn't complain about other sites hosting their scans?

The way I see it is they have no right to complain they steal manga from the Japanese and release it for free so when someone steals it from them they have no right to complain.
>>
File: 9wtKQQPM_400x400.jpg (7 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
9wtKQQPM_400x400.jpg
7 KB, 278x278
>>140482756
>google&co will have good quality japanese speech to text
>google trad is a thing now
>>
>>140480658
>Doing it for credit
Absolute fucking neckbear faggots
Do it because you have passion for it or you're a scion-turbo-nerd
>>
>>140478550
>stealing clandestine translations
>>
>>140482925
Editing can include cleaning, redrawing, and typesetting. Sometimes the jobs are split up, sometimes it's all one person.
>>
>>140478550
You need to work faster if it makes you mad enough to publicly whine about it
>>
>>140482925
No, in scanlation an editor does cleaning, redrawing (which is part of cleaning but some big groups decided to split it", and typesetting.
>>
Immortal Hounds when
>>
>>140482977
>neckbear
>>
>>140483029
>it's all one person.
it's painful when it's only one person.
>>
>>140482977
Exactly. If you treat it like it's a job and not a hobby, the fault is entirely yours and you only look like a whiny bitch when someone gets translations out first.
>>
File: image.png (782 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
782 KB, 1280x720
>TFW so fucking news you don't undrstand a shit about whole story
Feels good to be dumb and just to dl the manga I want to read without giving a shit about all of this
>>
>I'm stealing manga from the nipponese which is okay
>But this other person is stealing them from me which is not okay

yeah i'm not seeing anything wrong with this
>>
>>140483118
>expecting the blogging bitch AnonBlack to do shit
You have to suck her dick.

>>140483129
Why? It's better since you can cheat by typesetting then redrawing around the text.
>>
>>140482797
Anon. My line isn't directed at the scanlator's drama, but at 'The right to bitch on the internet is a basic human right, we're all entitled to it.' line.
>>
>>140483185
Why do you keep starting your posts with "anon"? Are you new?
>>
>>140483129
Depends. It's lonely, but you can sometimes work a lot faster handling all of it together. Like if you're typesetting while redrawing, you might not have to redraw as much.

I die a little of embarrassment every time a typesetter doesn't cover up the worst parts of my redraw.
>>
>fans suck dick when releases come out
>turn into ravenous dicks when releases slow down or they need to make drama
>I never liked X anyway

Every time.
>>
>>140482801
>>140482812
It's just an example, and not really their job. I'm saying if someone had been working hard at something and someone else just comes in, takes their work and finishes it without their consent, it would piss anyone off. You can't expect people to not get pissed off at it.
>>
>>140483164
The less you know the better. The scanlation scene is the peak of weeaboo autism.
>>
>>140483261
Then git gud faggot. Redrawing is easy.
>>
>>140483228
It's so you can tell my post apart. I mean, I am arguing against one person and not several different anons responding to my posts, right?
>>
>>140483280
I mean, I don't get pissed when someone finishes up something I was slow on.
If their work is better than mine = Excellent! A good scanlation of a series I enjoy was released.
If their work was worse than mine = Finish and release my stuff anyway.
>>
>>140483184
I'd still do it for more IH
>>
>>140483280
No, I totally can. It wouldn't piss me off at all. Because they aren't robbing me of anything.
>>
>>140483348
Why would you assume this?
>>
>>140483275
What if I told you that those were two different groups of people?
>>
>>140481026
Tell your cleaner to get good. You don't topaz digital raws.
>>
>>140483280
They don't own the manga, they have no right to be asked for consent. Once it's online it belongs to everyone.
>>
>>140483129
Personally, I can't imagine redrawing for another typesetter, as it would severely slow down the process. I feel pretty good about doing it all myself. Granted, I don't scan.
>>
>>140483348
No, you're responding to at least 2, easily 3, people.
>>
>>140483348
I argued with you at one point but I'm not the anon you're replying to now, sorry.
>>
>>140483351
It's the expectation that if you start something, you get to finish it. Having someone else come in after you worked on something for a while, take your work and finish it for you without your consent is huge blow to one's pride and what other's think of your ability. It's both a loss of ego and face.
>>
File: 1343490731479.jpg (50 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
1343490731479.jpg
50 KB, 300x274
>>140483348
Dude.
>>
>>140483371
>>140483404
>>140483416
Thanks for proving my point, anons.
>>
>>140483472
My ego sure wasn't hurt when it happened to me. If anything I was happy since the work was good enough that I could work on something else in the time I was going to spend on it.
>>
Someone needs to get Tyrone to do the "janitor does it for free" copypasta and replace janitor with "scanlator".

Honestly, if any janitor is reading this, I am sorry for ever having said a bad word about you, any ridicule aimed at you pales in comparison to the ridicule that should be aimed at scanlators.

I have yet to hear of the jaitor's job is more important and strenous, yet not once have we had a janitor throw a temper tantrum. These scanlators bitching is a weekly occurrence now, it is like watching reality TV. I WATCH ANIME BECAUSE I CAN'T STAND NORMIE TV FOR THAT VERY REASON.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>140483530
You're welcome?
>>
>>140478550
Scanlators and fansubbers are the most weird people among anime and manga lovers. A regular something-fag is more normal than these punks.
>>
>>140483472
>It's both a loss of ego and face.
Found your problem.
Getting a series translated nicely is important. A person's reputation doesn't matter one bit.
>>
>>140483530
You didn't need to bother with the "anon" thing though, we recognized you, trust me.
>>
>>140483544
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I mean, take the assigned work from boss example. If someone had pulled that type of shit there, that person would be asking for a shanking.
>>
>>140483530
I'd like to point out that if this wasn't your third day on /a/, or if you weren't a tremendous, socially retarded manchild, you could tell anons apart without having to resort to dumb fuck labelling
>>
Scanlation and fansubbing communities reveal a lot about 'charity' work in general.

They all pretend to work for a good cause, but as soon as they face any inconvenience, it's revealed how desperately they want attention and validation above anything else.

Same goes for drawfags.
>>
>>140483628
Yeah but this isn't a job, it's a hobby. Unless you're an attention whore you just move on.
>>
Did this person buy the rights to publish it? If they did, damn right I am mad someone sniped them.

If they didn't... too bad. They own nothing.
>>
>>140483619
Doubt it, considering I have been posting as three different people in this thread including to responding to my own post.
>>
>>140483472
>huge blow to one's pride
Cringeworthy.
>>
>>140483530
We know it's you even without the anon thing.

But also that doesn't matter in the first place. Any post need only directly address the content of the post it's replying to, not the person behind it. That's one reason why we're all anonymous.
>>
>>140483667
Anon I seriously doubt that considering I'm actually you.
>>
>>140483658
It's just an example. Some people like to finish what they started while others probably don't mind the unneeded help. I can somewhat understand why people would get mad if someone starts helping out when they never asked for it in the first place nor even needed it.
>>
>>140483658
Every single one of these people are attention whores, which is why they can't get over it.
>>
File: laughing dragons.png (793 KB, 805x945) Image search: [Google]
laughing dragons.png
793 KB, 805x945
>>140483472
>huge blow to one's pride and what other's think of your ability. It's both a loss of ego and face.
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>140483730
I know. I forgot to take my pills after all.
>>
Why do scanlators watermark shit? I can get putting a page at the end of a chapter/volume advertising your group, but when you watermark every page or every other page it gets on my fucking tits. Every time I see it, I make a mental note to avoid that group like the plague in the future.
>>
>>140483741
Someone else doing their own version doesn't stop you from finishing what you started.
>>
>>140483598
I actually view scanlators and fansubbers as the normiest of normalfags within our "subculture". It would take a normie to care so much about credit, that it becomes the sole reason you do your "job". Validation is more important to them than their hooy, sounds like the trademark of a normie to me. An actual /a/utist would just scanlate because he likes to scanlate then throw it onto some website once he's done and not give a fuck about what happened to it at that point. This entire website was built on that concept. People spending hours coming up and making OC to never be remembered for it, because they don't care about being remembered.

TL;DR
Anyone who needs to be validated this badly is a normie by definition in my dictionary.
>>
>>140483741
Nothing is stopping you from finishing what you started.
There's no issue other than your inflated ego being hurt, thinking that you alone deserve the right to complete the series.

You're simply afraid that someone else might get the validation you so desperately crave.
>>
>>140483797
>Why do scanlators watermark shit?
tell to niggerstream
>>
>>140483797
All a big ugly watermark does is make me want to remove it or look somewhere else. Certainly not visit their website or feel thankful.
>>
>>140478550
Readers have no reason to wait for scanlators to move they lazy ass. Their fault they take too much time to release something.
>>
>>140483472
> It's the expectation that if you start something, you get to finish it.
No, that's not how this fucking works, you idiot.
>>
>>140483811
Still a good thing they exist but they should still be reminded periodically they're dirt, like that lowest social class in India.
>>
>>140483811
Kill yourself, /r9k/.
>>
If your going to get pissed just don't do it.
>>
>>140483805
No, of course not. But it is somewhat annoying to have someone else do it after all this time without telling you about it in the first place nor offered to help you out first.

>>140483838
E-penis is everything. How can I feel better about myself if not for the fact that I have a bigger e-penis than you? Only people with no e-penis wouldn't care about stuff like that.
>>
If anything he should be mad at his shitty group for not making any releases despite the next 50 chapters being translated already.
>>
>>140484007
>E-penis is everything. How can I feel better about myself if not for the fact that I have a bigger e-penis than you? Only people with no e-penis wouldn't care about stuff like that.
You are the problem.
>>
>>140478550
cry more, faggot
holy shit
what an actual, legitimate, loser gaylord
>>
File: d8.png (60 KB, 540x480) Image search: [Google]
d8.png
60 KB, 540x480
>>140483811
I think people who have enough IRL don't need internet fame for their alter-egos.
>>
>>140484007
You have bigger problems than someone "sniping" you. You should see a psychologist.
>>
>There are no laws or policies that support my stance so I am going to take to socialmedia in the hopes of starting a witchhunt QQ

Sounds like reddit.

It basically has to be reddit, it is the CORE difference between this place and reddit, nobody here cares about validation, becasue you can't be validated, nobody knows who you are, there is no score keeping track of "how good" you are doing.
Reddit is ALL about validation, your post is either good or bad, popular or unpopular, people either like what you do or they don't, a constant competition to have people validate what you say and do.
>>
>>140484007
It's also somewhat annoying to have entitled scanlators cry about their miniscule non-problems.

If you want validation, do something that is actually worthy of praise.
>>
>>140484071
>nobody here cares about validation
What do you think tripfags, namefags, scanfags and translators are doing here?

They all want their ebin 4chan recognition.
>>
>>140484026
>>140484063
You're all just jealous I have a bigger e-penis than you. You probably need a microscope to see yours.
>>
>>140482756
>...
>I have heard enough western people speak proper japanese
Good one. There's a reason for the stereotype of English teachers living there for 10 years without learning the language. There's also a reason why Japanese people "don't understand their perfect pronounciation" as arrogant expats like to put it.
>>
>>140478550
If he doesn't like it, maybe he shouldn't go four months without a release then. Fucking autistic retard.
>>
>>140484193

What's a scanfag? People who scan? Ive never seen a tripfag that scans.
>>
>people who don't feel like doing timely quality work on something anymore still feel like claiming ownership over their illegal fan translations of someone else's actual orofessional work
>and bitch about it on social media to boot

Everything is wrong with this scenario, from the people involved, to this thread existing and my reply. I hate you all.
>>
>>140484281
I hate you too darling.
>>
>>140479835

This.
>>
>>140480566
Scanlator here, 3-5 hours for 4 months to put out releases is mad inefficient. He has to be actually only working an hour or something, or he's replacing all the text with english, including the drawn in text. No doubt a release is hardwork but this sounds like hamming it up.

What else has this guy put out? Im really curious if his effort and quality of work is really that high or if he's just begging for attention.
>>
>>140484071
It's good when you can recognize a good encoder and talk to him. Ask, request, etc. There's nothing wrong with release signatures either. It helps you to filter what you prefer.

There's a huge difference in relationships of releasers and users between /a/ and /m/ and I don't know why.
>>
File: everything.jpg (44 KB, 382x523) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
44 KB, 382x523
Shit happens. People need to move on with their lives and stop drowning themselves in what could have been.

>>140483324
>easy
Depends on what you got to work with to rebuild the image. It's not that simple, bra. Believe me.

>>140482926
The thing is that they see no point in finishing it when 99% of people will simply read what's uploaded first.
>>
>>140484248
Well with that reasoning lets throw in the Japanese English speaker stereotype as well, there is not a country that gets ridiculed for piss poor English more than Japan.

Also what does that even have to do with anything? If you can't speak a language after being in the country for 10 years, that is on you failing to apply yourself, don't try to blame it on the language being "too hard".
>>
>>140480349

What a fucking faggot lmao.
>>
>>140484193
Well you named three different things, but on 4chan they all under the moniker of tripfag. I forget these people exist because I filter all of them, it is only when it gets brought up in a discussion like this that I remember you can choose to be a namefag on 4chan.
>>
>>140484386
>The thing is that they see no point in finishing it when 99% of people will simply read what's uploaded first.
What part of this is a problem?
If you don't want to finish it, don't.
Ïf you do want to finish it, do that.

It's a non-issue, as the only thing being hurt is the inflated ego of the slowest scanlator.
>>
/a/ should start a sniper scanlators group just to fuck with this guy.
>>
>>140480474
where does it say they dropped it? the last couple chapters have been awkwardly released, but the volumes completely caught up to the monthlies. you don't waste the time & energy and drop it just a couple months later.
>>
>>140484193
Anon's point is that it isn't ingrained into the website software.
>>
>>140484516
Sounds like a whole lot of effort just to troll some dude few people have even heard of before this thread.
>>
>>140484379
Probably because on /m/ it is actually a relationship due to the lower activity. Here it is a plebbit tier competition for popularity. Or to put it differently, the attention whore scanlators are naturally drawn to the places with highest activity, i.e. not /m/ (not bashing /m/ here, it just is how it is)
>>
As far as I'm concerned, if as a reader I wouldn't want something in what I'm reading, it shouldn't go in a scanlation. I just don't bother with credits anymore, if anyone remotely cares who released something they'll know to use MU to find my site. If I see something I like that hasn't been translated in a while, I'll do a chapter of it to get people interested. If whoever was doing it before wants to bitch about sniping, I can just delete any whiny comments or emails they send me. I have literally no reason to care about what they think I should or should not be doing with my time.
>>
>>140484470
A regular trip/namefag wants reddit-style identity and opinion validation
A scanfag wants the thread's anons to suck his cock, and they always do.
Not all of them use trips.
>>
>>140484375
So, how do we know you're actually a scanlator?
>>
Can someone please snipe Rainbow so I can finish it before the end of the century?
>>
File: 1453644001443.jpg (58 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1453644001443.jpg
58 KB, 450x443
>>140478550
>releases 1 chapter in 5 years
>OH LOOK SOMEBODY'S STEALING
Jesus christ this nigger fucking hang yourself
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.