[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The lack of ushio and tora threads outright disturbs me. Easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: Ushio_and_Tora_Key_Visual_2.jpg (274 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
Ushio_and_Tora_Key_Visual_2.jpg
274 KB, 640x437
The lack of ushio and tora threads outright disturbs me.

Easily the biggest sleeper hit of this season and it's previous season.

Too many garbage threads about trash anime nowadays on /a/
>>
Its okay. Just standard shounenshit.
>>
Should certainly be a hit amongst people that want to go to sleep.
>>
>>140200399
>>140200575
neo-/a/ everyone
>>
>>140200319
>>Easily the biggest sleeper hit of this season and it's previous season.
I think ConRev is but the second season of UtT has been really good as well
>>
>>140200319
>>140201212
Fuck off, it's just not that good and the animation's been very disappointing since I expected it to actually be MAPPA staff.
>>
>>140201440
i also like conrev very much, but it's story telling is much too complex and some things feel very asspulled.
>>
>>140201507
>factoring in animation
>>
Dropped it because the MC is shit.
>>
>>140201751
what other shows have you dropped this/that season cause the MC is trash? I can think of many MCs who are.
>>
>>140201736
Since when is animation quality not a factor? Especially for a fucking action series.
>>
>>140202824
I'm kind of hoping they'll go all out for the final battle, but for the most part it's been flash-tier shit and it's a shame.
>>
>>140201736
>not factoring in animation
I'm talking to some anime-only teen faggot who'd never heard of this a year ago, hasn't experienced the story before, and is trying to act superior despite that, aren't I?
>>
>>140202824
there are lots of good shows with terrible animation. It's like factoring graphics into a videogame review. pure autism.
>>
>>140203496
> there are lots of good shows with terrible animation
And? That doesn't mean it's not a downside, just that certain shows overcome it. You're not going to do a review of Musashi Gundoh and not mention the QUALITY. In this case, the poor animation's a major downside, since that's one of the big things I look forward to in an anime adaptation of an action-focused manga I've already read. And none of the direction, the soundtrack, or the art are unusually great, so those don't redeem it.

Also, fuck off with the video game analogies.
>>
>>140201507
>the animation's been very disappointing
I swear, HxH 2011 is well animated. Especially the lipsync and the speedlines.
>>
>>140204308
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, since HxH hasn't even been mentioned.
>>
>>140203949
story, and things like gameplay, are way more important.

I, and i'm sure you can too, can name numerous shows with great animation, but are still shit like phantom world.
>>
>>140200319
>good anime
>but not many people watch and post about it
Isn't that nice? There would be less shitposting in the threads that way. S1's threads were like that and I would much prefer this season to be that way as well.
>>
>>140204389
The fact is that U&T has good animation, it also is a low budget show, which means that they have to resort to crappy editing for fight sequences instead of choregraphy.
>>
>>140204424
> story, and things like gameplay, are way more important
It depends on the show and how good/bad the specific elements are. Akira's content is mediocre, but it's enjoyable because it looks so fucking good. Berserk has good story, but right now I'm not planning to watch the new anime because it looks terrible. Yes, obviously there are good shows with bad animation and bad ones with good animation, but that doesn't mean it's not a factor.

>>140204491
> The fact is that U&T has good animation
> they have to resort to crappy editing for fight sequences instead of choregraphy
Now I'm really confused. You sound like the exact "HxH is well-animated" faggot you were just imitating.
>>
>>140201736
Then what's the point of watching the anime if you don't care for animation
Just read the manga then
>>
>>140204569
Because some people are claiming that HxH 2011 has good animation like it is an exceptional feat and a consistent thing, while in fact it happens only at very few moments in a 150 episodes long show and that the cheap, cheap Toei shonen adaptation also do provide very well animated parts.

What did Mappa do with good animation? A third of Bahamut, a few Garo moments like in 4-5 episodes, a couple of Punchline.
>>
>>140204797
Didn't watch Punchline, but Garo was fairly well-animated throughout (I'm not talking consistently amazing, but definitely more decent movement and particularly more interesting action episode-by-episode than UtT has been providing), and both ZnT and Sakamichi no Apollon had good animation with some very good moments. Bahamut declined heavily, yeah.
>>
>>140204790
why watch a movie when you can just read the script?
>>
>>140205051
>Garo was fairly well-animated throughout
Guess what? As fas as consistent good animation go, U&T does much better than Garo. U&T doesn't strike you as well animated because none of the fights have choregraphy.

>both ZnT and Sakamichi no Apollon had good animation
Those were one cours long. ZnT used a fat lot of still shots, episode 1 had probably more animation than the rest of the show.
>>
>>140205244
Because the script isn't meant to be read stand-alone and will typically be vastly inferior unless either the scriptwriter or the people involved in moving it to the screen fucked up immensely.

>>140205374
>Guess what? As fas as consistent good animation go, U&T does much better than Garo. U&T doesn't strike you as well animated because none of the fights have choregraphy.
If you mean they structure the fights to minimize what they have to animate, then sure, call that whatever you want, but the end result is the fight scenes don't have a lot of motion that's good to look at. And it's not an example of well-animated sequences that are just poorly-communicated - something like that I would call purely a choreography/directing problem, but it's not the case here.

Also, I'm not sure whether it matters, but just so there's no confusion, Ushio to Tora's mostly being done by an outsourced studio.
>>
>>140205244
Scripts aren't meant to be consumed as media, books and manga are. The source usually is fine as it is. And what's the point of watching a movie with shit actors, bad sound effects, horrible soundtrack and ugly visuals? If the adaption is complete shit and you don't like it but are interested in the plot then why not just read the source?
>>
>>140205244
This is a retarded comparison.
>>
People calling this shit and typical without realizing that Ushio and Tora actually made popular those cliches back in the day, it´s sad, but at least the anime is good.
>>
>>140206419
Hakumen no mono is legit one of the greatest villains in manga.
>>
>>140206419
You should've made threads back in that time.
>>
>>140206419
Its certainly feels like the quintessential or at least, most 90's 90's shonen I've ever encountered, but I'm not quite sure I'd say its responsible for a lot of the standard cliches nowadays in the same way FotNS or DBZ were. Though by my own admission the anime is the first I've heard of it so maybe its just one of those things thats insanely popular in Japan that gajin's like me just never encountered. I'm really enjoying it though.
>>
>>140200319
Shit's great but what is going on with the pacing?

Based Wakamoto coming the fuck out of nowhere was nice though.
>>
>>140206419
That doesn't really change the experience of going through it, though. This is what aging badly means. Even if you read the manga in the 90s, right now you've still experienced this sort of thing a million times, and I at least don't have the magical ability to erase my memories of cliches and be astounded at how creative something is. If I did, I would do that for every anime.
>>
>>140205693
explain
>>
>>140207004
Because as people said before, scripts aren't meant to be the primary form for consumers, manga is. A better comparison would be why read the book when I could watch the movie. Usually, you'll get more out of the book.
>>
>>140206636
The manga has 33 volumes and the anime has not enough episodes, so the the actual mangaka chose with parts would be left aside and how manage the plot holes.

They skipped a lot of arcs that aren´t that important, but among them we have "The mist arc" and the "Bakemono War Arc" In the last one appeared for the first time the other leader of the youkais, in fact that was supposed to happen after Guren and the asafuses, so Ushio and Tora knew who he was at that time. In fact, in the manga this last episode happened before the memoria thing.
>>
>>140207096
factoring in animation is about as meme-tier as factoring in music
>>
>>140207566
>meme-tier
Fuck off. And music is definitely relevant, especially if the subject matter involves music.
>>
>>140206636
>what is going on with the pacing?
39 episodes for 33 volumes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GbhX8vx37w
>>
>>140205244
why read the script when you can go fuck yourself?
>>
>>140209868
Scanlation when?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.