[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's really weird how little this show takes itself seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
It's really weird how little this show takes itself seriously especially for a show that isn't a comedy. I think this would've been better if it were played straight instead of them killing the tension with unfunny jokes.

It's like when a kid is to afraid to tell a serious story because he thinks he'll get made fun of. It's a shame to because the premise and a lot of the powers seem really interesting.
>>
you shut your whore mouth and get back in the kitchen
>>
>>140148553
It IS a comedy though, no way anyone could watch the first two episodes and actually think it was serious at all.
>>
I like it more this way.

I'm tired of the shitty gritty and edgy shows that just end up being a disappointment.
>>
>>140148724
it's not listed as a comdey and doesn't sound like one based on the description or premise. It sounds like a interesting premise so I really don't know why they interjected shitty comedy into it. I mean just look at the fucking OP. .
>>
>>140149004
The comedy is in the manga too.
>>
>>140148995
Fair enough I guess but the way they mix the comedy with the plot just does not work at all. None of the jokes or gags work and it's just a waste of a potentially interesting idea.
>>
>>140148995
>I like it more this way.

Same, the manga isn't really anything special so the comedy helps makes it slightly different from the usual.
>>
>>140148553
I thought the same way when it was first annnounce it looked like an edgy series but im glad this doesn't takes itself too seriously
>>
>>140148553
I was really looking forward to this when i saw the seinen and mystwry tags but theres so much forced comedy and i just dont find any of the jokes funny because it relies on overreactions and shit like that. Ive heard from manga readers that the anime is forcing in a lot of the comedy
>>
The show reminds me a lot of Soul Eater desu, I know their both from BONES, but the switch from seriousness to the comedy gives me that nostalgic feeling
>>
Worst show of the season
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.