[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Re: Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
How would a hikkiNEET's modern day knowledge let him live a life of luxury in a magical world?
>>
He could probably invent the steam engine and get rich that way, assuming there is some kind of patent system in place so he doesn't get robbed blind.
>>
>>140113387
This MC is fucking retarded in everything he does. Don't pay him much attention.
>>
Using modern world knowledge to game the system and get ahead is a common cliche in shitty isekai WNs, even when it makes no fucking sense. For example he might invent a firearm.
>>
Using modern world knowledge to game the system and get ahead is a common cliche in shitty isekai WNs, even when it makes no fucking sense. For example he might invent a firearm.
>>
>>
Anyone else can’t stand Felt?

She goes all bootstrappy on us, because she’s ashamed to be associated with the other slumdogs since

>they’re just a bunch of stingy losers

But then the anime cuts to a bunch of impoverished kids. Lots of people are bums who have embraced their lot in life, but I doubt those kids chose to be poor and hungry.

But of course, the MC who's probably never had to face poverty or homelessness in his whole life gets that “Oniichan so proud!” look on his face when he’s done hearing her rant, then pats her on the head.

It's just condescending to people who are poor because of systemic instead of personal failures.
>>
>>140113387
Honestly? If I could start off with 20 holy coins (they are practically platinum coins, above gold) I could live a VERY luxurious life as an inventor and investor in a fantasy world.
I'm not a hikki though, so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>140113677
He's not going to invent a firearm. Ever.
And stop spamming like a newfag.
>>
>>140113387
That's the "joke", because thats how this kind of anime rolls and this was to sell itself as "something different"-

You know, the same way in this kind of anime characters are "choosen ones" but the show wants to sell us he is in other world but is a "nobody".

For some reason japan thinks that being aware of the cliches and repeat them making fun about them makes them someway less cliche.
>>
>>140113891
>I could live a VERY luxurious life as an inventor and investor in a fantasy world
Not with a highschooler's business acumen you wouldn't.
>>
>>140113824
She tries to murder the main character for no reason.

All the characters are waay too extreme and they all make stupid fucking choices for no reason
>>
>>140114027
>Japan thinks
Don't pretend the "nudge nudge wink" attitude towards cliches is exclusive to Japan.
>>
>>140114027
You mean the exact same logic behind Deadpool humor yet you comic nerds are praising the movie like it's the holy bible?
>>
>>140113387
He watches too many fantasy series. He think he knows everything about how a fantasy magical world works.
>>
>>140113677
>invent a firearm
People seriously underestimate the technological level required to make one.

>>140113891
And what sorts of things would you invent?
>>
>>140114037
I don't remember how stupid I was in highschool, but I don't feel like I've learned much more in the two decades since.
I imagine quite a few highschool kids (at least ones that didn't go to the awful public schools you guys have in America) around the world would be far more knowledgeable than your average medieval fantasy denizen.
>>
>>140114197
That's only the shit writers who write Deadpool purely that way.
>>
>>140114256
He doesn't even need to build a Kalashnikov or a Colt revolver or something, a basic matchlock (blackpowder is pretty easy to make) could change warfare and make him rich, Japan knows this thanks to Nobunaga.
>>
>>140114256
I would first start with examining the level of agriculture the civilization is at.
There are quite a few inventions, such as hand pumps, watermill, windmill, filtering, and crop rotations, that weren't wide spread in the world until much later.
Then there's obviously the printing press. The logic behind the printing press is quite simple and very easy to duplicate, yet the tech was largely only used in small parts of China until the wide spread use until 15th century Europe.

I could go on.
>>
>>140114197
Watched first 30 minutes of Deadpool the other day, the humor was pretty flat desu, I don't know why it gets praised to much.
>>
>>140114308
Then should I mention The Tick? Or how about Drawn Together?
The point is, it's hardly a "Japanese" thing.
>>
>>140114355
While that's true, I doubt most high school kids would know how to cultivate saltpeter from defecation and urine. Or purifying them from minerals.
>>
>>140114355
>a basic matchlock (blackpowder is pretty easy to make)
What are you going to make the barrel from? That heavily depends on the level of smelting technology. If they don't have blast furnaces, you're going to have a hard time.

>>140114375
>There are quite a few inventions, such as hand pumps, watermill, windmill, filtering, and crop rotations, that weren't wide spread in the world until much later.
Those are good ideas, but could you put them into practice? Would you know which crops precisely to use, when to sow them, etc.? I'm rather doubtful in regards to the agricultural knowledge of the average anon, or modern person in general. When it comes to building water powered machinery, it would also require quite a bit of experience in regards to wood working. Certainly if you're lucky, you could present yourself as this sorts of "ideas guy" who gives people vague instructions, but whether you get to participate in the generated wealth from these ideas is rather questionable if you're unable to do actually do anything.
>>
>>140113387
Watch black knight. Chances are people of medival magical world know shit about advertising so you can pretty much recreate the whole history of advertising one step at a time and make dosh on an easy mode.
>>
>>140113824
I can't stand her either, but in the show's defense I don't think you're meant to agree with her line of thinking.
At first glance, it does seem like she's going Eren Jeager on us by dismissing those who don't have the will or the strength to get out of their predactiment like her; even MC was surprised by how harsh she was.
But I believe the cut to the bunch of poor kids was on the contrary meant to illustrate the contrast between the tough front Felt is putting on and the reality of her situation (as well as her true feelings): she may pride herself in actively trying to get out of poverty, but to the rest of the world she's still nothing but a petty thief who barely scrapes by on stealing stuff on rich people's request. I mean, don't know shit aout this world's currency, but I doubt 20 holy coins would even buy her a house in the city center.

tl;dr She very much still is one of those slum kids the anime cut to during her speech, and ackowledging that weighs her down. MC kindof understood what the problem was, and the pat on the head, aleit pretty patronizing, was his piss poor attempt at cheering her up.
All theory tho: maybe i'm just the one giving this show way too much credit
>>
>>140114833
>Would you know which crops precisely to use, when to sow them, etc.?
barley, wheat, turnips, clover. No, I don't know when to sow and when to harvest, but trial and error can fix that.

Hand pumps are INSANELY easy mechanism, and yes, anyone with even the most basic understanding of physics can build them.
Despite their simple design, wells were manual labor for a freakishly long time in our history.
As for mills, yeah, you would be the "idea guy" but building a small model to test won't take all that much work.
You can pay and hire wood workers to work with your design and research.

As for printing press, a fifth grader can build the most basic one. Hell, bunch of wood blocks with alphabets carved into them would suffice at first, and that's how the earliest Chinese ones worked too.
>>
Depends really on how exactly he was wasting his time on the internet, there's any amount of random Wikipedia shit he could have picked up like >>140114586 how to make blackpowder or >>140114833 crop rotations.

Hell, take the stirrup, widespread in Asia hundreds of years before it arrived in medieval Europe. If they don't have the stirrup yet, he could patent the idea and get rich.
>>
>>140115409
>trial and error can fix that.
The issue is that plants don't grow that fast, and you'd need a lot of influence to convince people whose survival depends on their agriculture to partake in your experiments.

>As for mills, yeah, you would be the "idea guy" but building a small model to test won't take all that much work. You can pay and hire wood workers to work with your design and research.
It would still take a modicum of influence to get people to work for you.

In the end - if you really want influence you'd need to build a water powered furnace, oxidisation ovens, develop iron casting, etc. - that's going to be of interest to the higher ups.
>>
>>140115497
>If they don't have the stirrup yet, he could patent the idea and get rich.
Pro-tip: people didn't really care that much about patents back then. The idea that you demand to pay them money for using an idea would have probably seemed ridiculous to them. Copyright is more of an 18th century thing.
>>
File: 1428904284292.png (25 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1428904284292.png
25 KB, 228x239
>>140113387
>loser neet
>haha I'm built because I work out every day
I fucking hate this shit
>>
I just hope it sticks with him fucking up the first episode for half the season.

I don't know why but it would please me watching mc-kun fuck up many times with the female protags
>>
>>140114375
I smell maoyuu and potatoes.
>>
>>140115964
It won't (this is his final first day loop), though it'll get pretty despair at some points later. It's very much a back and forth mood.
>>
Can someone sub this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ab4OSUtFww
>>
He could use the economic knowledge he got from watching Spice and Wolf
>>
>>140116337
Damn I just wanted another steins gate-esque escapade of trying to solve shit and making it worse
>>
>>140115709
Eh, since basically the only beef you have is that "but no one would give a shit about you", couldn't you like just make the printing press first and gain influence?
Do you have any idea how valuable books were until much much much much later centuries?
>>
>>140116596
>making it worse
Stein's gate has nothing on this on making it worse.
>>
>>140116644
To be fair, Subaru only made it worse once, and all it did was dig himself his own grave. Most of the shit that hits him in his face was coming no matter what, regardless of what he did.
This world is like Supernatural, hellish shit just happens as a routing thing.
Definitely not one of the fantasy worlds you want to visit.
>>
>>140116633
Enjoy falling afoul of organized crime and having your work taken from you I guess.
>>
File: P020.png (713 KB, 957x1400) Image search: [Google]
P020.png
713 KB, 957x1400
chapter 12 is translated.
>>
>>140117503
That is always a risk of becoming successful in any barbaric and archaic civilization, no way to get around it anyways.
>>
>>140114375
What if they already do that shit with magic?
>>
>Had to tone down his strength from a german suplex in the manga to a kick in the nads in the anime
>>
>>140118037
So this is the first time he actually chooses to commit suicide.
>>
>>140121799
>I do squats at home so that means I can german suplex a guy who's bigger than me
thank god
>>
>>140122177
The first but not the last.
>>
>>140118037
The mangaka for the 2nd arc is better than the 1st one.
>>
>>140121799
Wrestling moves are stupid and fake anyway, a good kick to the nuts is more practical. Also I liked his Jackie Chan approach to not getting killed by Feldt.
>>
>>140114141
>All the characters are waay too extreme and they all make stupid fucking choices for no reason
Killing a thief on the spot was a perfectly valid action in the past.
>>
>>140115840
>loser neet
He was never a loser and he became a neet only recently because of family issues.
>>
>>140115840
Why? Neet cant workout? I admit going out is a no, but push ups is fun.
>>
>>140123483
People confuse what NEET is really. Someone can be buff as hell and be a NEET.
>>
>>140123361
>He was never a loser
Only a loser would be as obsessed as him with trying to become a protagonist.
>>
>>140123483
I hate how people think anything less than lifting for a year will make you look decent and anything less than taking steroids and lifting for at least 2 years will make you ripped.
>>
If law enforcement exists then why didn't he just report Felt to the authorities and have the local sheriff-equivalent go down and raid the stolen goods exchange?
>>
>>140125604
if you were not a fat fuck to begin with the results show at 4 months although is just some abs
>>
>>140125682
1. Because he didn't want them to get massacred by Elza.
2. How likely is it that they would mobilize immediately on the word of a random hobo who no one knows? The deal was going down within hours so they would have to start moving literally like, within an hour of him reporting it. Even on the tiny chance they would actually listen to him, they would be more likely to investigate a couple days on their own first before actually doing anything.
>>
>>140126460
I have extreme /fit/ induced body dysmorphia so I guess you're right from your POV.
>>
>>140113640
>trying to save lives
>has nothing to do but help the witch
>literally attempting not to die
how?
>>
>>140118037
Where
>>
Are there modern business and management techniques that he could use to become a successful merchant?
>>
File: 9780399594496.jpg (33 KB, 292x450) Image search: [Google]
9780399594496.jpg
33 KB, 292x450
>>140128741
>>
>>140129176
>bankrupted several companies
>squandered most of his money
>has a small dick
Heh. Could work for an anime.
>>
>>140113462
Look up the amount of engineering and precision required for a useful steam engine. No. Someone who had trouble finishing highschool is not going to build one just from being able to remember "hot water makes steam".
>>
>>140129293
low information voter detected
>>
File: haruhiimplying.png (491 KB, 660x672) Image search: [Google]
haruhiimplying.png
491 KB, 660x672
>>140129293
>Implying trump would not be rich in Kabaneri
>>
>>140129176
Did Ponzi schemes exist in medieval Europe?
>>
File: c10.png (378 KB, 1100x900) Image search: [Google]
c10.png
378 KB, 1100x900
I want to fAKKU this Tharja clone
>>
>>140130441
Look again; that's a book written by Trump, not FREE STUFF Bernie.
>>
>>140130669
Trump is promising unicorns and rainbows just as much as Bernie is, just under a different guise, neither of them have a credible plan for delivering their platforms.
>>
>>140126881
>Even on the tiny chance they would actually listen to him, they would be more likely to investigate a couple days on their own first before actually doing anything.
Well, there is the fact that the place the deal goes down is literally a stolen loot house that everybody in the slums seems to know about so even wandering down for a visit would be productive.
>>
>>140114833
Dude, allakh ackbar people made barrels from stripe iron obtained by hammering bloom iron, like for centuries. Copying chisels for rifling are absurdly easy to make. And much better crucible steel was already about everywhere in Asia since 1000AD. Europeans could replicate it just in XIX century and supersede it with high alloy steel in XX.
>>
>>140113387
He will make toilet paper.
>>
>>140125682
It will become very important in the episode after next on why that would have been a bad idea.
>>
>>140113387
Bikes.
>>
>>140132558
Wouldn't he need to be an engineer for that?
>>
>>140132866
If I start with a lot of money like the MC I can just hire a smith and a carpenter to make the parts.
It will be shit, but so were the first bikes.
>>
>>140132866
You wouldn't need to be an engineer to get a fixed pedal on wheel prototype. He can work with gears and chains later.
>>
>>140127897
It's on IRC
>>
>>140133261
But #lurk has been dead for years.
>>
>>140133306
You Baka ass nigga
>>
>>140133306
You.

I never expected to even see that name again.

What a long ass time ago that was.
>>
>>140132957
Enjoy the smith and carpenter you hire bailing out on you and making all the profit from your design while you get jack.
>>
>>140133911
How would they know what they are making?
>>
>>140114256
> Firearm
> Difficult
It's lvl 3 alchemy for flint+propellent, lvl 5 smithing for an iron tube and lead balls, and level 2 woodworking for a stock. Not that difficult to make a blunderbuss.
>>
>>140113387
Invent Cosmetics and Introduce the Concept of Hygiene.

Inventing soap for example would make a killing if done right after some trail and error.

Inventing modern makeup would earn you connections with the upper class women who would have the money to buy makeup and other facial products.

Also, even something as basic as Sunblock would earn you connections with the military or the average citizen because no one likes getting Sunburned.

You faggots in this thread have no brain at all.
>>
>>140134091
>Implying I can into chemistry
>>
>>140134091
>implying the average person knows how to make any of this shit from scratch
>implying bringing modern concepts to an archaic world won't be met with ridicule
It's like you don't even think after you speak
>>
>>140134139
>>140134242
You underestimate basic cosmetics.
>>
>>140134266
> Underestimate
Maybe I don't understand makeup because I'm not a raging faggot.
>>
>>140134266
*overestimate?
I've made soap before back in chemistry class and I know it's simple but good luck making me make it again without basic knowledge of what I need and how to obtain it.
>>
>>140134242
>>140134319
You are a faggot because makeup used to be incredibly dangerous in medieval times.

The faggots at the time used to add shit like white lead and mercury.

Introducing safe makeup would be a blessing.
>>
File: 1458366391306.jpg (47 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1458366391306.jpg
47 KB, 375x375
>>140131046
You have to go back.
>>
>>140134435
Inventing modern condoms or female contraceptives would make MC rich fast.
>>
>>140135166
Only if rubber trees existed on your continent though which don't exactly grow on every continent in our world.

Meanwhile, inventing glass would more doable and practical.

The only problem is creating a furnace that can handle the high temperatures required for making Glass.
>>
>>140135540
Glass is ancient tech, Roman times and even earlier.
Float glass for glazing is different thing, also easy to make once you have obtained enough tin to make molten tin pool.
>>
What about math, would a high schooler know more math than the medieval mathematicians? Would that help him in any way?
>>
>>140113387
Introducing basic technology and utility.
Stupid shit like protection gear for blacksmiths, hangers for tools and stuff like that.
>>
>>140113387
In short, the idea of becoming successful by having basic highschool knowledge of the modern world in a world where everyone else is still living in the dark ages is just a self insert wish fulfilment fantasy for loser NEET otaku who have roughly that level of education.
>>
Homemade onaholes
>>
>>140113677
If he was smart enough and had gun knowledge, then yeah, he could. But I think the greatest failure of these types of plots is that you rarely have someone with that type of knowledge, just some kind of Joe schmoe. But then again, I can't really expect much, since most of the people sent over are teens.

Hell, even that manga about the edgelord sent back in time had him acknowledge that he couldn't take advantage of the situation fully.
>>
>>140113387
Im not watching this but MC looks like the dude from Punchline
>>
>>140136836
god no, most of what you learn in highschool is from before the industrial revolution
>>
>>140113387
You could make a killing by allying with a blacksmith and use chemical batteries to cause ions to coat copper jewelry with a microscopic yet opaque gold layer. They'll look like bathed in gold and you'll be able to sell them at a ridiculous portion of the price, making a killing as you won't need to spend things melting gold.
>>
>>140137179
>tfw chemistry major

In such a fantasy world, there would be various unknown processes and catalysts that can be used for efficiency, potentially even becoming a producer of explosives.
>>
>>140129597
>tfw I've built RC planes and model steam engines from scratch before the internet was a thing

As long as you understand the basic concept, building anything from a useful airfoil to a steam engine is not that difficult. A lot of modern tech is not as precise as a lot of people think it is.
>>
>>140113387
He doesn't need to do any of that to become rich. He could use his power to lead a band of mercenaries that would never lose. He can also become the world's greatest gambler.
>>
>>140113462
>He could probably invent the steam engine
>This fucking meme again

For the last time, the Romans had every element for the steam engine 2000 years ago, do you know why they didn't bother even looking into it? Because they had a shitload of manpower.

Any pre industrial setting has no use for steam power
>>
>>140137324
People used to get executed for selling fake gold, though.

Getting involved with the gold trade without power is generally a bad idea.

You get involved with both legit and shady people.
>>
Use your asspull "strenght" to beat everyone and become the king.
>>
>>140130669
>Believing anything Trump says.
>>
>>140129597
>Someone who had trouble finishing highschool

They were HikkiNEET by choice.
>>
>>140113387
Invent maid cafes
>>
>>140137352
How would chemistry handle fantasy metals and minerals?

Like Mithril can't even be found on the Periodic Table.
>>
>>140137714
MC laughs at executions, looping would only make him richer.
>>
>>140138525
Difficult to say, though the properties might be similar to regular chemical and physical properties, just with some kind of magic intervention.

Even things that aren't fantasy though, like the production of steel can be greatly augmented with chemical knowledge.
>>
>>140137714
Gold-coated jewelry is a thing that people buy.
It would be pointless to make "fake gold" that way since anyone would be tell the difference by weight alone, not to mention being able to simply make a scratch on it.
>>
>>140137663
You WOT m8
Pre industrial settings had few ways of purifying metals. This made most metallic options brittle, heavy and lousy because reliable steel making was impossible.

A huge part of ore refinement depends on chemistry both to analyze ore and to extract the purest metals from it.
>>
>>140139461
Industrial revolution was possible because a insane load of shit piled up towards it.
Automation? Yupp
20x increase in production yield? Yupp
MASSIVLY improvements in farm yields, and harvest methods? Yupp
Lowering mortality to fucking nothing for everyone? Yupp

Stuff like the steam engine, farming improvement, and penicillin isn't worth shit without the other stuff. Penicillin and sanitation for instance need to be combined with improved farm yields and good birth control to not ruin a society.
Even more of the industrialization depends on external factors, such as banking existing, and patent systems.
>>
>>140114271
Your average fantasy female, in her highschool age, would posses a lot more knowledge about every single subject she might touch, simply because you need to know EVERYTHING to function in a pre industrial society.
And cooking is hard enough as it is.
>>
>>140115497
Copyright and patents are a thing that happened once the cost of producing things got trivial, and the product became separate from its supply chain.
In a pre industrial society, a maker of special tools would need to buy raw materials: Possible even mine those raw materials. Have 5-20 disposable workers just to do stuff.
There is a reason guilds for trades was insanely huge, and they was swimming in apprentices
>>
>>140113387
He has special MC-in-bad-anime powers so he can do whatever he wants.
>>
>>140115409
>No, I don't know when to sow and when to harvest, but trial and error can fix that.
It would take you about 4 years to test each attempt. And a rather large plot of land to do so for each attempt.
On the top of that, you have no way of taking soil samples, or verifying if it works. For all you know, your correct attempt might be because the birds has better shit the year of the final harvest, or the weather is more optimal.

>>140116633
And how would you obtain the materials to start using a printing press?
You would need:
1. Material to build the machine
2. Disposable materials the machine uses(coal, ink, coloring)
3. To buy a book(insane prices)
4. Accept that your first few attempts will be worth nothing, and you might have to improve the machine to even get printing
>>
>>140132558
Bikes are feasable, but requires a lot of good metallurgy and a few failed prototypes.
He would need access to a smith and 2-10 years of apprenticeship to even get a shot at it.

>>140136836
The average medieval mathematican knows enough math to make gigantic accurate charts of the heaven.
So no, in fact, most of the advanced stuff you might pick up in high school has no use without a application.
>>
Since this is licensed that kills any hope for a translation of the Web novel right?
>>
invent potato chips
invent baby star
invent dagashi
>>
File: img0.gif (309 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
img0.gif
309 KB, 708x520
Good machine parts require a good industrial metalworking lathe. Which requires a industrial metalworking lathe to build.

Problem: there are no good industrial metalworking lathes in a pre-industrial society. No a blacksmith is not going to be able to make one.
>>
>>140140731
> Recursive machine requirements
This is the real killer. It takes a master blacksmith to make a tool good enough to make a better tool. Hell, we've been using computers to design better computers for the last 50+ years now.
>>
>>140140731
A blacksmith could make one. And then it gets ruined because you have even less control over the steel quality, because no sampling methods.
>>
Yeah the great issue is that you don't even have tools make tools you need for many inventions
>>
>>140121302
Well, looking at Re:Zero's world, not everyone can use magic. You need some "magic gates" stuff opened up, and the fact that "magic items usable by non-magic people" are very valuable, shows that if magic users can already do it, there's still incentive to make a non-magic alternative.
>>
Ultimately, a lot of these ideas require trial and error to get right, unless you have professional knowledge of the subject.
However, that means that you would nee a lot of time and resources to pull these ideas off. Unless you're a noble or a royal, you're not likely to have the sort of resources to just trial-and-error everything until you get something right.
>>
>>140121302
If a operation requires a specialist, a specialist has much value.
If a tool can replace a specialist, the tool is worth as much as the specialist.
>>
>>140128741
There was that LN about an accountant who got reincarnated into a noblewoman, and jumpstarted modern finance in a medieval/renaissance setting
>>
>>140141245
Even with profession knowledge there will be a lot of trial of error, because a lot of materials have to be substituted or researched.
Even a good chemist with a PHD would have one insane issue: He has to make all his chemicals, and has no of the good tools or safety gear.
>>
File: 13thCentury.png (18 KB, 652x444) Image search: [Google]
13thCentury.png
18 KB, 652x444
>>140136836
Actually laughed out loud at this one. Pic related is from the 13th century, though technically he was mostly just rediscovering things the greeks knew in like 200-BC.

So yeah, a hichschooler generally knows less than someone from 200 BC.
>>
>>140141375
Don't chemists require super good air conditioning/filtration as well?

Or is that only when making medicine.
>>
>>140141966
On the other hand, people from before the 15th century didn't know calculus which is generally more useful.
>>
>>140141986
Anytime hazardous chemicals are involved yes. Though the problem is that in fantasyland, there might be hundreds of thousands of dangerous chemicals that you don't even know exist, because they don't exist in our universe. So basically, if we're talking realistically, you'd really want it for even the most basic stuff until you know for sure they're safe.
>>
>>140141986
Depends on the reaction you are looking for.
>>
>>140142063
I'm sorry, but I can count on one hand the number of highschoolers I have ever met who could conclusively write even basic calculus proofs.

And if you can't show the work behind how your integrals came to be and how they apply to the world it doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: Lest_darkness_fall_holt.jpg (13 KB, 200x290) Image search: [Google]
Lest_darkness_fall_holt.jpg
13 KB, 200x290
>>140113387
shit on every accountant with high school math, make money to build a distillery, eventually having enough money to build a printing press while spending money to keep the high-ranking priests in your favour so they shut up the lower-ranking priests trying to fuck you over

.etc .etc
>>
>>140142406
There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.
>>
>>140142406
Brewing is one of the least profitable pre industrial trades.
Because industrialization lead to specialization, and before that, everyone brewed all kinds of alcohol. And there was no real law either, so thats stopping nobody either.
>>
According to Mount and Blade it seems like selling butter is very profitable
>>
>>140142235
That depends on the level of rigor they do math with back then. People integrated even before they proved Fubini's theorem.

A highschooler that actually studied math could certainly convince people of the intuition behind it.
>>
>implying medieval citizens are all mathematical geniuses
>>
>>140139064
You could probably make a lot in the time it takes for information to spread.
>>
>>140142695
Okay so, butter is:
1. Compact
2. Stores well(shelf life of what... 1-2 years?)
3. Is refined from milk, something that expires within 1-2 days
4. Quality is generally good
5. Has actual uses for war campaigns and famines, and trading

Beyond that: All I really know of pre industrial butter is that it was used as tax currency in Scandinavia during the 1100-1300s. Which speaks leagues of how solid it was.
>>
>>140140225
>investment capital

Find a good buyer and sell the clothes off your back and buy cheaper ones. I would imagine someone would be extremely intrigued with zippers, velcro, and polyester clothes.
>>
>>140142744
>implying they weren't
Were you there?
>>
>>140142235
Japanese high school ends with integral calculus, so I guess it would depend on whether or not MC is a senior/genius/familiar with seniors.
>>
>>140143500
By the time you could a collector, the clothes would be dirty or worn, ruining most of their value.
On the top of that, polyester would be of lower quality than linen. Velcro is worth fuck all without being able to reproduce it, and even then its worthless because its already used in a wool process.
Zippers is the one good thing. It speaks of quality. But its nothing special. Its special in post industrial society because:
1. Patents
2. No connection needed to actually produce the patent
3. Mass produced clothes need to be practical to reduce volume production needed
>>
>>140143666
>nips are forced to do calc
Holy shit
>>
>>140143500
>Zippers too complex.

The concept of flat buttons would be more practical.
>>
>>140143530
They weren't. Education was limited to nobles and the church.
>>
>>140139944
Really? I'm impressed. I kind of want a maid now
Do tell me more anon
>>
>>140143770
How did they limit education?
>>
>>140143849
books being wicked expensive maybe?
>>
>>140143882
>implying peasants can read
>>
>>140143882
How expensive would they be?
>>
>>140143704
My high-school also made students take calculus.

Granted, I retained absolutely none of it, because Caclulus looked like devil arts to me.

>>140143849
The only available teachers charged a fuck ton?
Free Compulsory Education wasn't really widespread until recently.
>>
>>140142695
Wouldn't getting involved with the spice trade be better than butter?

Because come on, where are you gonna find all those cow farms to provide demand for butter for a big population?

Starting a spice trade would be easier to do in comparison.

Because raising cows also requires land and water and shit.

Meanwhile, spices come from plants and plants just need water, sunlight, and good soil.
>>
>>140143686
This is for investment capital, not a long term source of money.

Nobles have been noted to pay exorbitant amounts for exotic goods from the East. What would they pay for something that is not seen in this world?
>>
>>140143949
Raid some villages they always are full of butter
>>
>>140143849
By not providing it for free.
>>
in conclusion, isekai stories are fucking retarded
>>
>>140143500
What kind of materials did they use for clothes and shoes back then?
>>
>>140143978
Sorry but I think making milk, butter, etc mainstream would be too hard to do in those times.

Not enough cows and milk based products would be considered a luxury item for just a few people who are farmers or nobles.

Shouldn't we care about something more important than milk like Clean Water, instead?

Like water you can actually drink without an ill effects?

How did water purification work in ancient times besides boiling water?
>>
>>140144104
They didn't purify water anon. It was either clean or not.
>>
>>140141282
What if everyone but you can use magic. Except for you, of course since you come from a manaless world.
>>
>>140144104
drinking wine was cheaper than clean water
>>
>>140143849
>>140143907
They don't. But with books being off limit because they are literally worth more than expensive cars, there is no mass produced material to start learning to read.
On the top of that, being a scribe is a actual occupation, further reducing the need to be able to read.
Basically: Nobles could afford a tutor or a scribe to teach their children to read. Everyone else was unlikely.

>>140143954
What makes a trader a trader, is that he needs to convince the buyer that he is legit.
Which is interesting, because you mention investment capital. Because Industrialization reduced the prices on everything by 20-500x, for about every single existing raw material.
Whatever you are investing in, is likely too expensive for you. Most likely you have to become a apprentice in a trade to get access to the materials on the job, and even then its severely limited compared to modern times.
>>
>>140144166
That depends what magic is and can do.
>>
>>140144032
Materials that did not include zippers, velcro, and polyester?
>>
>>140143686
>Patents
Stop this. All you and all the other idiots ITT are saying is that without a monopoly you couldn't make a ton money.

That is factually inaccurate. For one it's not the modern era, people won't copy you overnight and you can easily move to new areas that haven't heard of it yet because communication back then was terrible. For two you don't need a monopoly to sell something that is novel and helpful.

The intention of the patent system was simply an incentive system to encourage invention anyways. The time-limited protection was merely an incentive not a necessity.
>>
>>140144032
Pretty much what we're using today, minus polyester. Cotton and silk.
Only difference is the techniques to produce better textiles.

How difficult would it be to produce polyester in a pre-industrial society?
>>
>>140144192
How do you convince someone that you're legit.
>>
>>140144104
>Mix yeast and fruits and water
>Literally forget it
>Come back
>Its now a delicious alcoholic drink
>Everyone with spare space has a lot of liters permanently brewing
>Ale is drank fresh and very low in alcohol
>>
>>140144166
does that still mean I'm still special because magic won't work on me either
>>
>>140144104
Making butter and milk mainstream is hard?
What?
Didn't everyone have it?
>>
>>140144282
It took an incredibly long time before the concept of the milk man delivering glass bottles full of milk could be available to everybody.
>>
>>140144255
Is this really how it happened. I have no idea how those fuckers made wine.
>>
>>140144243
Polyester is plastic right? Assuming you could find the plant, its whatever.
But there is a good chance you would need a industrial chain to even make a good volume profitable.
>>
>>140144282
I don't think the commoner diet back then was luxurious enough to include milk and butter at the table.

Like come on, you think every single person in medieval era could even afford eggs on the table every morning.

Milk is expensive. Eggs are expensive.
>>
>>140144192
>Because Industrialization reduced the prices on everything by 20-500x, for about every single existing raw material.
Examples? What the fuck? Is this legit?
>>
>>140144104
>How did water purification work in ancient times besides boiling water?
We're talking about a time before germs were known about. They didn't attempt to purify unclean water. They didn't realize that it was things in the water that made it unclean, they thought it was just one of it's qualities like being wet.
>>
>>140144150
>>140144184
Damn that sucks.

Drinking bad water literally gives you the shits.

Must be depressing to be forced to drink alcohol every day because it was safer than drinking water.

How come animals seem to tolerate unclean water better than humans.
>>
>>140144371
So like what did commoners eat then?
>>
>>140113387
guns.
>>
>>140144447
Different immune system and shit probably.
>>
>>140144282
If you lived at a farm, which was what... 70% of the feudal society?
So if there was cows, there could be milk.
But its a gigantic waste to drink it. Since it could be turned into sour cream, cream, butter, yoghurt, cheese, kefir and shitloads of things that stores well.

>>140144454
Pre Potato or post potato? Because those are very different diets.
If in doubt: Drown in corn and corn substitutes
>>
>>140144312
But who discovered the concept of milk brah
>>
>>140144454
Likely a lot of grains. Meat would be a luxury.

They definitely didn't have access to sugar, though, which is a blessing in disguise because I think having bad teeth back in medieval times could literally kill you.
>>
>>140143949
You would have to find the plants first. How the hell are you going to do that?
>>
>>140144535
Probably a horny farmer who watched a wild cow feeding her young and then thought, I want to suck some cow tits, too.

I don't think even pasteurization existed back then so they drank raw milk.
>>
>>140144586
Japanese high schoolers should keep a few seeds in their wallets in case they get teleported to another world.
>>
>>140144192
>more than expensive cars
Holy shit, a tutor must have been worth as much as a fucking f-16 then.
>>
>>140144535
It's one of the few things invented by women
>>
>>140137714
How do you get involved in gold trade at all? How do you even make fake gold?
>>
Thinking how shit human life was back then, I wonder how come humans weren't made to be Photosynthetic.
>>
>>140143906
Back in IX-X century many of Novgorod Republic commoners/peasantry were literate. The excavation sites uncovered that old streets were littered with notes made on birch bark and many of them were authored by lowlifes with CYKA BLYAD content.
Personally, I liked 'еби лежа' advice, which translates to 'fuck lying', meaning do things like everyone do.
>>
>>140144415
In the days world, things are legitimatly shipped from China to some factory to be refined, then shipped to countries for further refinement or use, and then sold to customers.
All the products you can buy are most likely super exotic imports, which has been over half the world.

On the top of that, industrial research has massively increased yields. Crop rotation is one thing. Artificial waste to increase growths, and tools allowing entire landscapes to be farmed.

TNT and all its successors has granted a massive increase in all forms of mining. Various searching methods including gigantic magnets allows to remove trial and error mining.

Even in things like livestock farming, increased sanitation and automation has removed a lot of costs.

A even better example is paint. White paint used to be extremely expensive, and red paint extremely cheap. Because red paint is made directly from rust. You know how all those old houses are painted white? Thats because back then, paint was super expensive.

>>140144565
Socities which did not have some form of dental care?
You know those?
Well, tooth pain in old age. That means suicide, the most common cause.
>>
>>140115761
So idea guys weren't a thing in that age?
>>
>>140144849
Humans metabolize a lot of vitamins into other vitamins via sunlight.
Which is also the reason people far north look white, and the people around equator are not white.
We are photosynthetic anon.
>>
>>140144942
Photometabolic != photosynthetic
>>
>>140113387
Everyone in this thread is thinking too hard.

If I was a NEET sent to a fantasy world, the first thing I would do is become the fantasy world's first ever pop star and plagiarize anime songs and mainstream songs from Earth as my own songs and make mad money from playing and singing songs from Earth.

Shit like the Happy Birthday Song would make me mad cash in the fantasy world.
>>
>>140144927
Did da Vinci own patents?
Protecting trade secrets was your own responsibility back then.
>>
>>140144991
Bard life was pretty shit desu.
>>
>>140144991
People in a fantasy/medieval world are unlikely to appreciate modern music. Also there is no way for you to copyright your music so you'll just be another traveling minstrel. Perhaps among the minstrels you may be recognized as the originator of some interesting music.

If you were a decent sketch artist with a good grasp of light and perspective you would either make bank or get burned as a witch.
>>
>>140144494
Yo what. Commoners knew how to make all of those from milk? How did they manage to learn that if everyone never left their town? How do they even eat these things if they can make it. Plain by itself? It's not like they know cooking recipes too, do they?
>>
Shipbuilding would probably be pretty easy, there a lot of things they wouldn't have that you would know about.
>>
Have none of you retards ever heard of a butter churn? Even the fucking Amish have them.
>>
>>140145228
The nobleman learns the technology
the blacksmith builds the butter churn
the commoner pumps it to make butter
>>
>>140145308
>shipbuilding
>ever easy
All the materials.
The designs. The exact piece by piece anon.
The workers.
>>
>>140145315
Average japanese highschoolers probably don't know how butter is made.
>>
>>140145315
How the fuck does a butter churn even work? I just see people pumping it and magic, butter.
>>
>>140145402
All those would already exist though and you'd easily be able to make changes or help with designs.
>>
>>140145477
Does everyone suddenly know the exact angle and nails of a ship's design and I missing out or something.
>>
>>140145523
fore and aft sails, hull shape, compasses, navigation tools. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to come up with something.
>>
>>140145622
How are you going to establish your credibility? You're a nobody.
>>
Blatantly copy all the anime, manga, and light novels you've read your entire life and become a fantasy world Shakespeare by turning them all into books and plays
>>
>>140145674
That was a good way to get killed by church.
>>
>>140145667
Make tiny boat models or a water compass and show them.
>>
>>140145749
Nonsense, boku no pico would sell like hot cakes
>>
File: knife attack.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
knife attack.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>
>>140145674
But who is gonna produce your books?
>>
>>140145803
This triggers me everytime
>>
>>140145803
>regular human tapping a unsecured chopping board with a shitty knife vs a magical loli with a sharp and huge knife against a secured wooden wall
>>
>>140145848
Maybe he's going to re-invent the lithograph. Which would require a metal lathe advanced enough for making precise rotating parts, which would require 5 or 6 generations of metal lathes to be built to build the final one. Though is lithography and lithograph machine design covered in japanese high schools?
>>
>>140145803
>>140145949
don't get the meme, what scene is it about?
>>
>>140145848
It's magic I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>140113387
No one thought of fighting a dragon and winning so they can get the right to marry a princess in this thread yet?
>>
>>140145992
I understand some of those words.
>>
>>140146041
The scene where Felt attacks the MC in her home.
>>
>>140146077
That's a pretty expensive journey, anon. It's worth the fame, but getting started is pretty ass.
>>
Assuming you're a high school student, you probably can't do jack shit.
>>
>>140145450
You get thick cream from your milk, then force your blind slave to paddle it like mad all day long. This makes magic.
>>
>>140146353
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_churn

This wouldn't make you rich though. Butter has existed since 2000 BC, and efficient churns have existed from the 6th century.
>>
>>140146211
A village would takes in a high school student with no questions asked I would imagine. They can fend for themselves and don't care much for else. A highschool student could learn how to be helpful with a family.
>>
He can invent soap
>>
>>140146648
How do you make soap, anon. Do tell.
>>
>>140146559
I mean living a life of luxury, like the OP said. A strong, young man is probably not going to have too much difficulty finding an ok living for himself.
>>
>>140146673
oil, lye, water
>>
>>140146479
There's no way their butter tastes as good as it does today, does it?
>>
>>140145372
Butter is easy to make, just keep stirring the milk, it'll eventually turn into a block of solid. All the fermented shit are invented by accident, by leaving in them in one place for too long
>>
>>140146872
>they still ate it even though it looks different
Gross
>>
>>140146872
meant for
>>140145228
>>
>>140146673
Boil fats in lye. Or soda, or other alkali solution. Then add soft acid to neutralize residue alkali.
Different fats and oils make different soaps.
>>
>>140146824
They have magic and fantasy creature milk.
For all we know their milk could do fancy shit like heal wounds.
Because Zelda.
>>
>>140146913
Lutefisk.
>>
>>140146926
>>140146807
How do you get your hands on any of these materials
>>
This thread proves that we should all take notes from NGNL: Everyone should have multiple tablet and smart-phone devices, and multiple solar-powered chargers. Each device should have a comprehensive encyclopedia downloaded, with detailed information on how to create anything that would be useful if you were transported to another world.

Just be sure to always keep these devices on you in the event of a summoning.
If you're reincarnated though, you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>140146807
You forgot semen and rose oil.
Sell near female dorms.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.