[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bleach: Before and After
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: bleach.png (807 KB, 1234x657) Image search: [Google]
bleach.png
807 KB, 1234x657
So what do you guys think about Kubotite's decision to turn Bleach from a city-based supernatural "detective" manga ala Yu Yu Hakusho to become basically the spiritual successor to Rurouni Kenshin once Soul Society became the primary focus?

I didn't read Bleach from the start, so i had some catching up to do. While I enjoyed the earlier, darker chapters, the Kenshin fan in me really loved (and still do when we get them) the sword vs sword action. Soul Society had a ton of new characters to keep track of, but the fact that they were all in the Gotei 13 (based off the Shinsengumi) was a big plus, too. Plus Renji and Kenpachi looked like they stepped out of Samurai Spirits.

I think from a commercial point of view it was a good move, and from a creative standpoint, you can only do so many "cases" in Karakura Town before it gets formulaic.
>>
>>140050192
Yeah it very quickly moves onto a "fighting for the fate of the world" scale.
I haven't read it in a year and I just caught up on the last 50 chapters today. It hasn't moved very far. But it's not as bad as Hueco Mundo
>>
>>140050458
>hueco mundo is bad xD
Fuck off.
>>
>>140052096
Notice I was referring to the pacing. When I said it was bad I meant it was slow. If you can't even understand a simple statement then go waste someone else's time, you mentally crippled faggot.
And yes, Hueco Mundo was bad. It was Kubo in his natural element: a big empty world with no scenery, and a new cast of poorly developed villains who each receive dragged out multi-chapter fights.
>>
>>140052492

I think it was also a bit redundant. Another infiltration/rescue arc.
>>
Yeah, I'd say before the change was when Bleach actually had me enjoying myself.
>>
The turning point was definitely in the series during the Arrancar Saga. Although I'm not entirely certain when but its either but it happened around the same time (depends on your opinions of the series)

A. When Kenpachi and co. infiltrated Mexico which would forever set up fights revolving around fan service for the rest of the series.

B. Fake Karakura Town Arc as it would set the tone for the rest of the series of having lots of really big, useless fights to draw out the length of the manga and essentially act as filler. FKT arc being filler is only confirmed by Aizen one-shotting everybody, making the Espada fights fucking useless.

Overall, I think most people would agree B is the worse crime. A can be bad sometimes since you have too much importance given to shitty characters like Icefag but its acceptable at times for other match-ups when the series became enjoyable for how dumb/schlocky it could be. B was the worse crime imo.
>>
>>140054626
There was already a massive amount of characters introduced in the Soul Society arc, following everything after was just exhausting and tiresome. It showed Kubo couldn't write anything more interesting and just piled on characters and extended fights to compensate.
>>
I generally feel Bleach should have just ended after Soul Society. Nothing since then has really captured my interest.
>>
>>140055490
Pretty much what anybody with even a shred of good taste would say.
>>
>Ichigo still thinks the hollow that killed his mother is alive somewhere
Why's Kubo so bad at tying up loose ends
>>
>>140050192
Isn't it obvious Kubo planned to carry the story over to SS since the beginning?
>>
>>140052096
It is bad
Kill yourself autist
>>
>>140050192
I blame Japan.
>>
>>140056831
>Swear off happiness until he can get revenge on Grand Fisher
>Loses his powers a few months later
>Spends a year knowing he'll never get justice

Man ichigo must have secretly been super happy when he learned Bach killed his mom or else he'd be living a hell
>>
>>140057109
It's worse than SS, but still mostly breddy gud. Espadas are interesting characters, and there's lots of tension during and outside of fights. But I think I'll need to re-read the arc to pinpoint accurately what exactly it's lacking.
>>140056831
>>140057567
How do you know Isshin hasn't told him during the timeskip that he killed Grand Fisher?
>>
>>140057687
Because it didn't occur in the manga and was never implied to have occurred.
>>
>>140057687
Because Isshin knows Fisher didn't kill Masaki and that wouldn't resolve Ichigo's guilt
>>
>>140057567
Upgraded grand fisher should have been an espada or something. Half of them were boring anyway.
>>
>>140050192
What do you mean, It never stopped being a YYH-esque thing? And just like YYH in the end it abandoned anything related to detectives and the mortal realm.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.