[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the secret behind this show? How did it age so well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
What's the secret behind this show?

How did it age so well?
>>
>>139995107
Multiple well-written deus ex machinas along with chuuni characters that became trope-setters.
2D mechs are also nice.
>>
What made Code Geass so awesome was the perfect, and I mean PERFECT balance between world-building and characters. Not many shows can do both at the same time without overshadowing the other.

And Lelouch is possibly the greatest MC since Reinhard.
>>
>Death Note with robots and somewhat more gay
>aged well
>>
>>139995107
It was perfect. Perfect as evangelion, as berserk as death note. It just appeared at the right time at the needed time. If you weren't here back then, you wouldn't understand.
>>
Lelouch was basically a cross between Light Yagami and Seto Kaiba
>>
>>139995555
It seems, even though old as stone. This old friend of a fag, that journey with Moot to the pool of aids and many other adventures, still has it.
But I slowly wither, like a slow burning fire.
>>
CG has aged like shit and you know it.

Typical harem shit no better than Bakemonogatari.
>>
>>139995555
>9995555
>wasted on a fedora-tier post
>>
>>139995107
I wasn't a fan of it desu.
>>
>anime I watched with /a/ while it aired is now considered "aged"
>>
It was great. Might be my favourite anime. My biggest criticism of it however is how much of a harem eechi moe shit season 2 was. It had good balance in season 1 but season 2 went a bit OTT with fanservice.

I still rewatch it every summer, I own the boxset. I swear to God I would actually die for Lelouch if he was a real person. I love him so much (no homo)
>>
>>139997803
Poor man's Reinhard.

He's only maybe prettier.
>>
10/10 TRAINRECK, impossible to emulate again.

Valvrave failed hard, then sunrise failed again with cross ange.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.