[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell did I just watch Where the fuck are all these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
What the hell did I just watch

Where the fuck are all these super powers coming from? What the fuck is with the MAGI MAGI SHOUJO TRANSFORMATION? What the penis is a Windermeran? How in the fuck did that purple bitch survive what was basically a head on explosion? Why the fuck does a constructional vehicle control roughly the same as a goddamn transforming warmachine? Who the fuck told Kawamori it was a good idea to combine Aquarion EVOL and Macross? Where the FUCK
IS
THE MACROSS?

Where THE FUCK do I get some of the kush required to make this POO
>>
>>139627154
A lot of your questions are answered by previous Macross entries. They have fairly advanced holographic tech so they can super impose graphics and costumes over just about anything. The idols clearly have some exoskeleton or otherwise elaborate clothing on.

The super power of song and the reaction with fold waves and such is a theme that has been built on since SDF and which got a lot of development in Frontier.

Tanks control roughly the same as car or truck, why wouldn't a humanoid cargo loader control like a humanoid combat vehicle?

Watch next ep preview their Macross quarter shows up in a frame.
>>
>>139627154
You watched the disappointment of the season OP. We had a thread talking about about it's major shortcomings. Just save yourself the trouble and drop it like 90% of /a/ and /m/ already have.
>>
>>139627512
>The super power of song and the reaction with fold waves and such is a theme that has been built on since SDF and which got a lot of development in Frontier.

NOT THIS MUCH DEVELOPMENT SHIT MUCH.
I MEAN, HEY,REMEMBER THE SCENE WHERE RANKA SANG IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLEFIELD WITHOUT ANY PROTECTION,DODGING THE SHIT OUT OF BULLETS,EXPLODING SHRAPNEL AND MISSLES ALL AIMED AT HER?

I don't.

BECAUSE IT NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED. And you'd get blown the FUCK out if you tried to do the shit you were used to doing in a car in a tank.
>>
Delta is one of the reasons two bombs weren't enough
>>
>>139627939
You got to bring them de culture one way or another.
>>
Do I have to watch all of macross to watch this?
>>
>>139630217
Yes, just so you can be horrified by what this is.
>>
File: 1393125287702.jpg (95 KB, 661x321) Image search: [Google]
1393125287702.jpg
95 KB, 661x321
>>139627154

As someone who is currently watching SDF, just finished pineapple salad, rip ;_;7 nothing in this thread makes sense, or seems to be a logical progression from the series I am currently watching
>>
File: destroid-cheyenneii.jpg (161 KB, 900x665) Image search: [Google]
destroid-cheyenneii.jpg
161 KB, 900x665
>>139627154
>How in the fuck did that purple bitch survive what was basically a head on explosion?
Watch it again, frame by frame. Hint: The shield drones did something.

>Why the fuck does a constructional vehicle control roughly the same as a goddamn transforming warmachine
Because those "construction vehicles" are literally unarmed destroids. All that's different from a military destroid is just the armor, guns, and some difference in the specs.
If you can drive a truck, you can drive an APC. Same shit here, nigga.

Them having the same controls has also been there since the original Macross, Hikaru piloted a destroid with no issues.
>>
That CG is a big downgrade from Frontier...
>>
>>139630350
DYRL had hologram shenanigans
Plus had lots of drones, even fighter sized drones
Frontier has hologram suits that can pack a thruster or two under one's skirt

Shit has always been there in the beginning, logical progression of technology, nigga.
>>
>>139630350

Nothing in this show will make sense till you watch Macross 7

Which everybody skipped because it's fucking terrible.
>>
>>139630381

The CG looks fine to me. I blame a lot if not all of the visual issues with it on the fact that the TV quality looks like ass. It'll probably look a million times better in a higher rez and or on Blu Ray
>>
>>139630350
Pretty much the same thing happened to Macross from SDF to Dynamite 7 and then Zero/Frontier/Delta as Gundam MSG to Zeta/CCA/Unicorn.

You can still see a lot of the older stuff in the general designs but things like cyber newtypes and the complete dominance of beam weapons change over the course of the series. I mean these are 35+ year old franchises, times change.

Song has obviously become more important the older Macross has gotten, but they still leverage it with a healthy dose of thrust vectored transforming F-14s.
>>
>>139631121
>Which everybody skipped because it's fucking terrible.
>He doesn't dance on the Planet Dance
Those that skipped 7 are huge faggots.
>>
>>139630381

I wouldn't call it a downgrade but it's hardly improved in 8 years.
>>
>>139630350
To be honest, each Macross has a different flavor and continuity is pretty loose. Plus is gritty and 7 is completely silly and absurd. Don't be surprised if they feel like completely different shows. The only 3 constants to the recipe are VFs, music, and love triangles.
>>
ITT: People who didn't watch Macross 7.
>>
the only Macross I havnt seen is Macross II. There is nothing wrong with Delta so far.
>>
>>139632631
It doesn't even match Zero's CG.
>>
>>139632631
>frontier was 8 years ago

BULLSHIT

> 24.12.2007 till 26.09.2008

Kill me

Frontier was like
A couple years ago or something dude
>>
File: 567.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
567.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>139634057

If it makes you feel better the last Frontier movie was only five years ago
>>
>>139632688
Nobody sane enough to watch delta watched Macross 7
>>
>>139630217
Nah. The only thing that's really present in the Jenius meme.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.