[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Urusei Yatsura
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Ah, so we can thank this little shit for spawning every intolerable harem MC since its time including the likes of Mahiro.
>>
He didn't really have much of a harem thou it was just Lum and whats her face, also his goal in life was to hook up with as many girls as possible while your typical modern day harem MC is completely scared of girls
>>
Shame we can't have casual nudity anymore even if its just a few frames
>>
File: nyaruko2_zps54498df3.jpg (83 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
nyaruko2_zps54498df3.jpg
83 KB, 590x332
>>139550833
Harem, love triangle, same deal

> his goal in life was to hook up with as many girls as possible
That's every MC's goal in theory until they actual encounter a girl at which point they demonstrate the opposite by being a tsundere or a retard
>>
BBC dub is GOAT
>>
>>139551138
ur 1 cheeky cunt m8
>>
>>139551187
Oi, just stating a fact, guv.
>>
>>139551120
You just watched one episode of UY and decided to judge Ataru? He is by far one of the best MCs in anime. He isnt tsundere of beta or anything. He doesnt want to be married to one women he wants to be free to go out with any women at any time. If Ataru was any more forwards or "alpha" he would literally have to be a full blown rapist.

Please dont make stupid threads
>>
File: im gonna run away.jpg (49 KB, 629x476) Image search: [Google]
im gonna run away.jpg
49 KB, 629x476
>>139552097
riiight
>>
>>139550597
Kinda but not really. A lot of it was inspired by old american romantic comedy movies and TV series.

>>139552097
Eh, not him but I read a few volumes some years back and outside of saying he wanted to do it he always just ran off.
>>
>>139550597

Hell no. Ataru had balls. He was out chasing the pussy from sun up to moonlight. When I think of Harem MC I think of panicky wimps who jump back and freak out whenever they see an eager naked woman. I think Tenchi.

When Ataru meets a woman who's horny for him he goes right into his suave mode and plays as hard as he can. He's like the anti-harem MC.

This is of course not true for Lum who he loves but sexually she's always up in his business.
>>
Ataru is the best MC.
>>
>>139550597
Look at OP being a faggot again. Watch the whole episode and realize Ataru is nothing like your average MC.

You want to blame someone for that shit blame Tenchi or Keitaro.
>>
>>139550597
Except it takes him actually achieving his dream (even if in a fantasy) and losing Lum, to finally realize that he was a waifufag all along.
>>
This is a Legend !!!
>>
Why, he's nothing like them whatsoever
>>
>>139550920
Why is that really? Has to be more than just "bluray incentive." Some sort of regulation happen?
>>
>>139558470
You eat shit? He is the opposite of all the spineless faggots getting lucky by accident. Always rejected, still sharing his horny teenage spirit. But at the end of the day he still had a special place for Lum.
>>
>>139550597

Nah. Only the first 12 or so episodes of Urusei Yatsura are harem-like - with at least minors teases about various girls maybe liking him. After that (when, in the manga, Lum went from a secondary character to the main love interest, and they dropped the "alien of the week format) pretty much only Lum and Shinobu show any interest.
>>
>>139558628
Meant for OP. Pretty sure I hadn't quoted that post.
>>
>>139558470
Yes, censorship laws got stronger in the late 90s and early 00s. People generally blame Eva's success (since it was originally a daytime anime), although the tighter censorship only came a few years after it.
>>
File: 28234.jpg (41 KB, 225x319) Image search: [Google]
28234.jpg
41 KB, 225x319
>>139558777
Censorship in Japan as far as anime goes only really started post 2007
>>
>>139558470
Bill 156
>>
>>139558470
>>139558777
>>139550920

You mean the fucking blurays are fucking censored!!!!!????

Who's fault was that?
>>
>>139552818

Ran off from Lum, he always jumped right into the others girls, the manga itself, that is to the say the mangaka, always cock blocked him somehow, or the girls simply didn't want him at all, and would beat him up.

Also, please don't think "I read a few volumes" is a good argument to discuss a manga.

What the fuck, did nobody on /a/ ever read the whole Urusei Yatsura, or is that anybody that did just decided to ignore this thread?

I am inclined to believe the later, fuck this crappy thread Also, I am saging, to save some time out of the faggots that know not of the concept and would claim I am bumping it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.