[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 1999 anime captured Hisoka's scary side way better,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 3HvIV.jpg (77 KB, 410x313) Image search: [Google]
3HvIV.jpg
77 KB, 410x313
The 1999 anime captured Hisoka's scary side way better, prove me wrong
>>
>>139506111
99's Hisoka is one of the best antihero in anime
>>
>>139506111
The fuck is hisoka anyway? He isn't even strong, he is only a hack with shitty tricks.
>I wanted to fight the president and the boss
he would get fucked in one second
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvdIE8jRA-k

Madhouse just can't make bone chilling scenes like this
>>
>>139506261
I was able to enjoy both versions one after another

99 had established the sort of character Hisoka was so I don't know if the sequel did it justice.

The only difference I even noticed is that the newer one goes at like double the speed and cuts out some of the filler episodes.

Either way Hisoka is my favorite character followed by Leorio.
>>
>>139506111
>prove me wrong
I can't.
>>
>>139506271
Did we even see him get serious?
I don't think his full potential have yet to be shown.
>>
>>139508873
Hisoka can't be serious.
He even lost his arm against a not that strong character.
it could have been his head.

Also he was weaker than lazer by far so he is pretty weak after all.
>>
>>139509180
>He even lost his arm
To fuck up his opponent psychologically. Did you even read it?
>>
>>139509180
>lazer
What shitty translation have you been using? Also, Razor was pretty fucking strong as far as I remember
>>
>>139506111
99 doesn't have that sweet flamenco theme though.
>>
>>139510190
Good, it was ill fitting as fuck.
>>
>>139506261
>antihero

How is Hisoka anything other than a monstrous villain?
>>
>>139510256
No, it was just a different interpretation of his character. I think it was an inspired choice.
>>
>>139506111
he was never scary
>>
>>139510256
>ill fitting
That describes the music in general.
>>
>>139509180
You've clearly completely failed to understand Hisoka's character.

He is ALWAYS serious as fuck, the jester shit is just so he can fuck with peoples heads. Would YOU take a dude who acts like a fucking court jester 24/7 seriously in a fight? Its what allows him to use his bungee gum to such great effect. He literally explains all this to Machi when she is repairing his arms.

And Razor was a fucking beast, he was meant to be Gon's END BOSS in Greed Island.
>>
>>139511334
>jester
You've clearly completely failed to understand Hisoka's character. He's a magician you idiot
>>
>>139509180
Razor alone kickasses from spider.
>>
>>139506403
yet they made the best filler battle with Hisoka vs Kastro
>>
>>139513547
>filler
I'm pretty sure all of that was from the manga, and the 99 version just removed it for whatever reason
>>
>>139506111
2011 hisoka's voice was literally fucking perfect, the 1999 sounds like some greasy 40 yr old mexican.

>>139506271
>He isn't even strong

how could you know? we've never seen him fight seriously. hes at the very least chrollo level although the fortune telling shit pretty much said hisoka would have died if they fought.
>>
>>139506111
the 99 anime caught everything better, not baiting, i still love 2011
>>
>>139510264
Since he protects Gon and Killua, he's good, but he killed too much people, so he's bad
>>
Man, Hisoka sure loves killing. Do you think there's anyone he doesn't want to kill?

>>139514685
But he only protects them so he can kill them later.
>>
>>139506403
its the VA sounding more like a pedophile.
>>
>>139506111
I agree, but 2011 nailed his pedophilia better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAZuMuconQc
>>
>>139515174
>Do you think there's anyone he doesn't want to kill?

He definitely didn't started shit with Razor after taking those artillery volleyballs.

He only takes on people he's reasonably sure to win, no wonder Illumi hangs around him, since he does the same.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.