[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Challenge thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12
File: griffith.jpg (104 KB, 610x763) Image search: [Google]
griffith.jpg
104 KB, 610x763
List all the things he did wrong.
>>
being a faggot
>>
Was unable to put his objectives apart from his personal feelings towards Guts.
Fucked a princess he had to refrain from fucking
Sacrificed a bunch of people in a horrifying satanic ritual in exchange for power
Committed a rape
Fused the supernatural and real worlds, condemning mankind
Under the pretence of a safe haven, he's using his magical city to take the human survivors hostage
>>
>>139497278
When he was fucking the princess, he only thought about Guts.
when he fucked Casca, he only looked at Guts. Whenever he fucks someone over, all he did was think about Guts. The thought of Guts is the only thing making him hard and not Casca or the princess.
>>
>>139498173
>Griffith
>Casca
>Schierke
>Farnese
>Slan

Why so many bitches like Guts?
>>
File: 1459122294312.jpg (65 KB, 423x422) Image search: [Google]
1459122294312.jpg
65 KB, 423x422
Shit I can't think of a single thing
>>
The biggest thing he did wrong was not apologize. If he did that, it'd be cool.
>>
>>139498268
Jill, that little girl.
>>
File: 1436255752954.png (198 KB, 407x382) Image search: [Google]
1436255752954.png
198 KB, 407x382
>>139498268
>Griffith
>Casca
They like him.
>Shierke
Loli crush/admiration
>Farnese
Horny for him. She will end up twistedly fucking/burning dudes with Serpico tho(not that I'm complaining shit they're hot together)
>Slan
She's just amused by the love/hate dramas surrounding him. Plus she's extremely sexual, I bet she'd fuck him if she wasn't fucking Femto 24/7.

dang
>>
File: file.png (474 KB, 1126x735) Image search: [Google]
file.png
474 KB, 1126x735
he did not protect this smile
>>
>>139497278
Why's his hair blue? It looks gay.
>>
>>139497278

he dindu nuffin he was a good boy
>>
File: Dream.png (397 KB, 377x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dream.png
397 KB, 377x1000
What else did he mean by this?
>>
>>139499453
He /is/ gay
>>
>>139500628
Guts was his only equal. I bet he's setting up a sacrifice of all of Falconia + the rest of the God Hand so he and Guts can rule the world as equals.
>>
The manga really needs to focus more on Griffith soon. Since his rebirth at the end of Conviction, we don't understand much about him at all anymore. He said to Guts on the hill of swords that he felt nothing anymore, but that's not totally true cause of fetus feels. Griffith just seems so, removed from the manga right now. Even Rickert's short meeting with him answered no questions. I just need more Miura you asshole.
>>
>>139500822
That would be interesting. As it stands, Guts really has no chance at ever killing Griffith or the rest of the God Hand. Even Skull Knight is pretty powerless. Unless Guts gives up his revenge completely to live with his RPG family instead.
>>
He didnt kill guts the second time they faught.
>>
>>139498343
Sasuke pls
>>
>>139500909
>we don't understand much about him at all anymore.

He is a giant pussy manbaby with enough complexes to fill a barn

What's there to understand
>>
>>139501111
I wanna know what is going on inside his head now that he supposedly feels nothing anymore except his dream. I want to see Him interact more with characters around him.
>>
>>139500822
I think he's already on his endgame: getting a castle, becoming a king, rising above and beyond the common man. The whole Fantasia thing was just a way to force people into his perfect, utopic realm.
Sooner than later the thing is going to crumble by itself. All of those apostles living under the same roof, the dangerous supernatural creatures outside, humans like Rickert or Silat not being convinced with Griffith's shit. The thing is getting highly volatile.
>>
>>139497278
Not giving that tight ass to Guts when he had the chance
>>
>>139501206
Probably that's the point: we can't understand him anymore because he stopped being human.
>>
File: guts_and_griffith.jpg (41 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
guts_and_griffith.jpg
41 KB, 300x237
>>139499453
>>
>>139498268
Have you seen Guts, the man is muscular and handsome. He's like your 90s action hero you see in Hollywood Blockbusters. At least it's more likely than the usual harem MCs.
>>
>>139497278
He caused half of berserk threads to go to shit because of faggots like you constantly shitting this stupid meme out.
>>
File: Berserk_v10_p202.png (369 KB, 1218x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v10_p202.png
369 KB, 1218x1800
>>139500628
What did he mean by THIS?
>>
>>139497278
-Fucked the princess.
-sacrificed his man who rescued him from the prison to demons so he can get a new body

That's all so far.
>>
>>139501670

He's trying to mouth the words "you suck".
>>
>>139497278
he didn't rape guts
>>
>>139498268
YOU DON'T LIKE GUTS? ARE YOU A FAGGOT?
>>
>>139498268
Manly as fuck, I guess...
>>
>>139501670
Later on it's revealed that he said something like "I'll come back for you."
>>
>>139498410
His father probably killed her, who cares.
>>
>>139502228
It is revealed that Charlotte believes he said that.
>>
>>139501007
I think he decided to focus on his new family and "wife" when he called the war between that demon king and Griffith a "pissing contest". Though i doubt Griffith will let him go easy, he's been trying to assassinate anyone who might try to oppose him.
>>
I can't help but feel that eventually, Guts is gonna fuck up and that Behelit is gonna be used.

The fact that it keeps coming up, and that Skull Knight didn't just snatch that shit up the second he saw it, means it's gotta come back into play. The only question is how. Is he gonna use it to become an apostle? That wouldn't help him win, seeing what happened with the Kushan Emperor/Shiva. Will he use it to keep himself attached to the world or something, as everyone's predicting that Griffith is going to destroy the world?

Maybe there's some kind of way to force the Godhand into a summon, stopping Griffith from sacrificing Falconia and bringing the rest of the Godhand into the mortal world?
>>
>>139502651
>bringing the rest of the Godhand into the mortal world?
The Godhand are already in the moral realm

And Guts deosn't care that much about the Godhand not named Femto
>>
>>139502651
Right now, that egg is right now puck's best friend so I hardly doubt Guts will use that egg anytime soon to fight against Griffith or let himself be consumed by the armor.
>>
>>139502651
I feel the same, he does have proper potential sacrifices now. He is already branded though. So is Caska. Maybe Caska getting her mind back will trigger it if Skull Knight turns out to be right.
>>
>>139502833
No they aren't. At least, I don't think so. I thought Griffith was the only one who got a physical body in the mortal world after the Artificial Eclipse.
>>
>>139502960
Nope everyone got a physical body
>>
>>139497278

Nothing.
>>
>>139503018
>>139502833
The other Apostles don't have physical bodies. Slan had to make a body out of Troll intestines to make herself physical in the Fantasia arc, remember?
>>
>>139503156
They got physical form once the realms were merged, the troll intestine incident is way, way earlier
>>
>>139497278
he made the island where guts was heading real. If it had not been for griffith, the boat arc would never have ended and caska would never be cured.
>>
>>139502651
>>139502960
>>139503018
Griffith has a physical body, others can manifest themselves in the "real" world, but aren't constantly there. Either way, killing Griffith or any godhand here wouldn't do anything. It would be just like with Slan. Godhand reside in the place where the idea world and astral world overlap. We know Guts can hurt and kill astral beings, but will that do anything at all against a higher being partly from the idea world? I doubt that. I think they're going to need help from the elf king to even make killing godhand possible.
Assuming it's even pratically possible, since they can basically control space, we saw what happened when Kushans fired at Griffith, or even when Skull Knight tried to attack him.
>>
File: Berserk_v38c337p16-17.png (442 KB, 1676x1200) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v38c337p16-17.png
442 KB, 1676x1200
>>139503347
>we saw what happened when Kushans fired at Griffith, or even when Skull Knight tried to attack him.
That was all pre-merger

This is post-merger, Griffith can be hit now
>>
>>139497278
he felt like he wasnt doing enough to validate the deaths of his men, and to a degree, being distracted by Guts' friendship
>>
>>139503517
Pre-post merge doesn't really change anything for Griffith himself. It's not like he lost his super space bending powers.
>>
>>139503347
That is the really frustrating thing about all of this. There is no actual identifiable weakness of the Godhand.

The closest thing there is to weakness is the fact that Griffith has a physical body anchoring him to the mortal world, so killing that would probably end Femto, and ruin the Godhand's plans, but even if that is possible, and the main party could sneak attack him to death, negating his space manipulation, it would only kill one guy. It wouldn't stop the rest of the Godhand, only kick the problem farther down the road for someone else, and it would, at this point, fuck the world over more than anything else. The only two safe places in the world for humans post-World Merging are the Elf Island and Falconia, and no way in hell is Falconia going to be safe when Griffith dies.

Post Merger, the human world can't survive without the Godhand, the Apostles, and all magical beings being wiped off of the planet. And that's not even getting into the Idea of Evil, which is probably straight out unkillable.

The only way I can see this shit working out is if they can draw all of the Godhand into the mortal world, then wipe them from existence, and hoping that without the Godhand powering them up, the Apostles would all just die.
>>
>>139503156
>Apostles
Meant Godhand members. Shit.

>>139503248
The world was remade by the Egg-Shaped Apostle. That created overlaps between the Astral World and the Material World and gave Griffith a real body.

But even in the Astral World, Slan was only able to become physical to fight Guts through possessing a Troll's corpse. There is no reason why the merging between some part of the Astral World would give new bodies to the entire Godhand.

Griffith exists in flesh and blood in the material world. Kinda like an Apostle. The others can "materialize", but it is not the same thing. Hurting Slan while she is possessing a lump of flesh would't harm her like killing Griffith would presumably harm the "Femto" entity.

Only reason I can see for believing that the Godhand now has physical bodies of the same kind are those pages were we see them featured at the end of the Millennium Falcon Arc-
>>
>>139503835
>There is no actual identifiable weakness of the Godhand.

There is a pretty big one if you consider the fact that their power derives from the human subconscious
>>
>>139503956
>The world was remade by the Egg-Shaped Apostle

Dude are you forgetting it was re-remade with Ganishka's twice rebirth and death?
>>
>>139503972
The problem is that you can't really change the entire human race's subconscious without some high-tier magic or killing them all.

Unless there's some kind of answer in Elf Island, I don't think there is a way to exploit that.

>>139504099
The whole Twice Rebirth thing makes me wonder what would've happened if, in the Black Swordsman arc, that king/baron or whatever did sacrifice his daughter and get reborn by the Godhand again. Would he have been as strong as Shiva, or just kind of stronger? Was Shiva only possible with the Artificial Rebirth?
>>
>>139504099
The way I read it, the world was remade by the ESA to create the rifts that later allowed it to be merged with part of the Astral World when Ganishka got stabbed by the Skull Knight.
>>
>>139504239
The Baron's ambition was just to live so I think nothing spectacular would happen, Ganishka was ready to wage war on "God" because he considered the world his

He was very similar to Griffith in a way
>>
>>139504239
>>139503835
Doesn't the story about the Skull King and the dialogue between the Skull Knight and Schierke's mistress show that this whole thing has happened before?
>>
File: Give me your strongest potions.png (181 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
Give me your strongest potions.png
181 KB, 500x530
>>139497278
All this happened because he fucked the princess. All this death, suffering and bloodshed could have been avoided if he had just been patient and married the princess, then fuck her. He could have been the king right then and fufilled his dream of living in a high castle or whatnot.

But nooooo, he had to be so upset about Guts leaving that he forcibly accelerated his own plans.
>>
>>139502651
I just can't see Guts using it, it would be the ultmate hypocrisy and even when he's completely blinded by rage he doesn't seem to have any interest in giving in to the apostles. If he were given the opprotunity to sacrifice something I think he would reject it and if he wasn't in the right state if kind to make the decision I don't think he would give in and sacrifice, he would just try to kill Femto. I have no doubt that Behelit will he used, but not by Guts. It's also worth noting that the fact that he has held on to it for so long doesn't mean much, when it comes to the time when the person it was meant for can summon the Godhand it will be in their hands, if Guts had never picked it up but it was meant for him, then he would still get it when the time comes and if it's not for him then he won't, regardless of how long he has had it.
>>
File: Berserk_v10_p127.png (497 KB, 1228x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v10_p127.png
497 KB, 1228x1800
>>139504758
I don't think it was this extreme but yes Falconia was already built once
>>
>>139504414
Speaking of Gahishka, I really liked that part where he saw Griffith as Femto for the first time.

Before that, I was starting to think Griffith was doing the right thing, uniting humans and Apostles to form a greater force and save the world from the Kushans and their crazy-ass shit. But when they said that "The brightest light leaves the darkest shadow" line, and Griffith created Fantasia, I realized how fucked up he actually was, and what mixing the mortal and astral planes would really do. A lot less faeries and elfs and a whole lot more goblins and dragons, with nothing to save the regular people.

>>139504758
It does, with Void and Skull King/Knight being the original Griffith/Guts, but there are differences between the two so far.

For one thing, Skull Knight decided to fight alone, while Guts has formed a pretty badass team to help him. And while Skull Knight merged with the Astral plane in some way to become immortal until he could kill Void, Guts is doing pretty well in keeping that magic shit out of his system (sans the Berserker Armor)
>>
>>139504996
>For one thing, Skull Knight decided to fight alone,
Well not really, he was at least helped by Flora
>>
Puck is going to use the Behelit.
>>
>>139505108
But that was the only one. Flora was the Casca to Skull Knight, just with her mind intact.

Meanwhile, Guts has a bunch of rouge elements, like Shierke, Farnese, Serpico, Isidro, Roderick and Puck. These guys have completely changed the situation, to the point where, together, the party could survive a second Eclipse without Skull Knight's help (Except for the one time where he rescued Luca, but she isn't really part of the party, more of a B-teamer.)
>>
>>139504996
>It does, with Void and Skull King/Knight being the original Griffith/Guts
SK said that the events mirror those of 1000 years ago, but I don't think we should align characters like that. After all, Skull Knight was Gaiseric - the one who united nations and build the capital upon which Falconia is now standing, so it would seem he is Griffith of that story. But later on, challenging the god hand andusing the berserker armour makes him look more like Guts.
>>
>>139504932
Not really. We know the King wouldn't have allowed Charlotte to get married while he was alive, so Griffith would have had to wait until he died, and then probably faced a bunch of Nobles trying to kill him and marry the princess.

It is also very likely that Ganishka would have eventually attacked Midland with his army of monsters anyway, and the only reason anybody was able to hurt Mist-form Ganishka at all was because of Schierke getting involved and Guts going all Black Swordsman. Neither event would happen if Griffith doesn't sacrifice the Band of the Hawk.
>>
>>139505389
We don't know this. It is possible that the Skull Knight's crew just ended up killed.
>>
>>139505458
The problem is that Ganishka was just another Apostle pawn, we don't know if he would attack Midland if there wasn't an oportunity for Griffith to play the hero
>>
>>139505576
I thought it was implied pretty heavily when Skull Knight was talking about how you either fight the Godhand alone, or give it up for Casca.
>>
>>139505666
That stuff always made me confused.

Everyone makes the Godhand out to be the ultimate manipulators, always playing everyone to their goals, but we never actually see the Godhand do anything to cause that shit outside of Griffith making everyone have dreams of a falcon or making Child Griffith have an LSD trip.

They never really elaborate on what the Godhand does to make things go their way.
>>
>>139505796
The godhand dont need to do anything. They can pretty much see the future. They probably don't have any plans.
>>
>>139505666
Ganishka believed himself to be the owner of the world, and there is no way all those projects like the demon soldiers were developed in just the few months after Griffith got his body back. The fake Behelith required at least two dozen Apostles being lobotomized and stitched together into a giant bathtub.

Ganishka planned on hegemony for at least five years, I would guess, but possibly he had it in mind since becoming an Apostle.
>>
>>139505666
The God Hand don't manipulate fate. They don't even forsee it.
Ganishka just wanted to continue his conquers, and he would have done it anyway. He didn't even stop at seeing armies led by his superior - Femto.
>>
>>139506056
>The God Hand don't manipulate fate.
That's literally what they do thought

>>139505978
I'm saying you can't really say Griffith saved Midland when both him and Ganishka are coming from the same place

It's a false flag operation in essence
>>
>>139505796
We saw Conrad creating the plague of rats that was causing the Midlander refugees to head to the tower where they all got sacrificed to give Griffith his new body.
>>
>>139506155
Eh, the Godhand doesn't manipulate fate, that's more what the Idea of Evil does. The Godhand are just his strongest Apostles.

>>139506207
Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit. I guess they work a bit more than I gave them credit for.
>>
File: themissingpanel.jpg (283 KB, 728x1147) Image search: [Google]
themissingpanel.jpg
283 KB, 728x1147
>>139497278
N O T H I N G
>>
File: Berserk_v13_p168.png (465 KB, 1211x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v13_p168.png
465 KB, 1211x1800
>>139506155
>>The God Hand don't manipulate fate.
>That's literally what they do thought
No, they don't. Go ahead, find any page that says or even suggests so.
The Idea of Evil weaves fate, not them. They can't even predict everything. It's hard to say of they can predict anything, much less manipulate.
>>
>>139506365
DELETE THIS
>>
>>139506395
They can't predict stuff that happens at the focal points of "time" or whatever you want to call it, like the eclipse

They are Idea proxies, all their actions are manipulating the flow of reality they don't have an agenda because they are the embodiment of agenda
>>
>>139506266
>>139505796
We have seen Griffith manipulating gravity to some extend and Void creating rifts in space. At the very least, making sure that Beheliths find the right people at the right time would probably be within the realm of their abilities.

>>139506618
We do know that they can't predict things during the overlaps of the astral and material worlds. That is true.

But he is technically right, the Skull Knight says humans are not in control of their actions, and while Void loves to talk about Fate and I think Ubik has mentioned that their presence is "everywhere", I don't think there are indications about the God Hand actually foreseeing everything either during or outside Eclipses. Fate might only be known by the Idea of Evil.
>>
>>139507039
Ok this is a bit of a wank and my understanding but as I said they are the embodiemnt of fate. Everything they do is basically guiding fate along the planned route. Every one of their actions weaves together the threads of fate into the grand scheme
>>
>>139505389
I think Flora was the Schierke to Skull Knight. He said "We were just as you two are now" or something like that to Guts and Schierke when they were on the beach alone.
>>
>>139505378
I think Casca will.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.