[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of 3.33? Where do you think it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: file.png (190 KB, 718x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
190 KB, 718x1000
What did you guys think of 3.33? Where do you think it's all going for Final?
>>
File: 1356865016998.png (129 KB, 327x327) Image search: [Google]
1356865016998.png
129 KB, 327x327
>What did you guys think of 3.33?
You already know that.

>Where do you think it's all going for Final?
Nobody knows. Possibly not even Anno.
>>
File: file.png (333 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
file.png
333 KB, 580x435
>>139492606
I know just rewatched and I have nobody to talk to about it. /m/ yelled at me.
>>
File: Frodo Evangelion 3.33.jpg (54 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
Frodo Evangelion 3.33.jpg
54 KB, 400x399
>>139492416
3.33 seemed like a shitfest to me.

>Many main characters removed
>Rei (real Rei?) dissappeared to who knows where
>another Rei filling the role of Gendo's slave, who we're supposed to give a shit about, apparently
>Shinji playing piano and shit with Kaoru, not going anywhere or doing anything meaningful
>really what is Kaoru's purpose in all this? The first 2 movies hyped him up to be an epic end boss, but then he just sucks Shinji's dick and dies
>Asuka and Misato treat Shinji like shit, even though he saved them in 2.22
>the airship was pretty dank though
>>
File: Stagnancy.jpg (35 KB, 960x407) Image search: [Google]
Stagnancy.jpg
35 KB, 960x407
>>139492416
I thought it was stupid, but Kaworu looked very sexy.

>Where do you think it's all going for Final?
Into a black-hole, because it's never going to be released at this rate.
>>
>>139492416
I didn't like it. I was constantly asking why characters were doing what they were doing and the CGI was terrible.
>>
>>139492416
I thought it was awful so I have zero expectations for Final. I'm sure the writers don't know where they are going, either.
>>
>>139492717
> another Rei filling the role of Gendo's slave, who we're supposed to give a shit about, apparently

I thought the point was, that we shouldn't give a shit about her, since her thing was not being the real one, the viewer probably cares about

>Many main characters removed

Wasn't that already the case with 2.22? Sure they got more screentime, but were shallow as fuck

>really what is Kaoru's purpose in all this? The first 2 movies hyped him up to be an epic end boss, but then he just sucks Shinji's dick and dies

He didn't get the "betrayal....but not really" role, which he had in NGE but he was an amplified version of the "Last guy able to comfort him, that dies later because of him" part.

>Asuka and Misato treat Shinji like shit, even though he saved them in 2.22

He also doomed them. But keep Misatos position in mind AND the fact, that they didn't straight up killed him, because of near fourth impact. Misato didn't even kill him, after he excaped, despite him still being the trigger to the "We're all fucked" scenario

>>139492416

I loved it. It felt more like NGE, after 2.22 felt so much like Guren Lagann. Not that I dislike the latter.....it's just not what I want from Evangelion
>>
From what I Japanese from Anno he said he is giving up on 4.00 since the failure of the animu 3.33
>>
>>139492416
what if there will be no 4.0 and gainax pranked us like it did with PSG ?
>>
At this point, we can expect anything. I'm all for hentai/yaoi/gore shit

ONE MORE FINAL: I FUCK YOU
>>
>>139492717
The entire movie is a retread of Episode 24.

The movie goes FUCK YOU SHINJI, gives him happiness, and then takes it away.
>>
>>139492416

A fucking trainwreck on my first viewing, but after watching it multiple times it becomes much more clear what Anno's trying to do here, one of which is troll fans as much as possible.

Where do you think it's all going for Final?

Into some very fucked up and crazy territory that's bound to split up the fanbase even further. I suspect it will end in Shinji going full Lilith god mode in some way or another, because Rebuild Shinji is not human.
>>
>>139492416
tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down
>>
Rebuild is a remake.
>>
>>139498922
How was it "trolling" fans? Does "trolling" involve having a retard-driven plot and terrible pacing? Does "trolling" involve having your entire original production plan gutted because of an earthquake?
>>
>>139500293
>entire original production plan gutted because of an earthquake

I was never aware of this, explains a lot I suppose
>>
>>139500293
By not giving them what they want in a typical easy manner. That includes character development, character relationships and plot as well. The original NGE was the same way.
>>
>>139500676
>Trolling is when you purposefully give them shit when they expect a good story
That's like pretending to be retarded.
>>
It was pure anikino. Same people who hate it hate all kino. Do no listen to them.
>>
>>139500824
Anno went out of his way just to troll and shock the fanbase and it shows after the climatic fan-pandering finale note 2.0 ended on.

I seriously used to have the same thoughts as you but as I've already said, as I began to watch it more, I began to understand what Anno is aiming for.
>>
File: 1424492084163.png (521 KB, 1100x500) Image search: [Google]
1424492084163.png
521 KB, 1100x500
>>139492416
Everything new set up in 2.22 was abandoned, and the next time preview lied. And I thought that 2.22 had been bad enough with everything revolving about Shinji -- 3.33 took the fucking biscuit.

For the next movie, whatever they're calling it this month -- all going down the crapper, I'd say.
>>
>>139500995
I think everybody understands what Anno was going for. That doesn't make it a good movie.
>>
>>139492416
1.0 was faithful
2.0 was fanservice
3.0 was dogshit
>>
>>139500676
Like >>139500824 said, ironic shit movie is still shit movie.

>>139500995
What do you think he was going for? Shitting on your viewers isn't a justifiable end in itself.

People (retards) seem to get this confused. There's a lot of media out there that does either betray expectations or actively shit on the audience, but they do it in a way where it's constructive to a larger idea. That's why they get praised. It's solely because they're shitting on the audience. If something is intentionally made to be disliked by the audience, then if it accomplishes its mission, it's still shit.
>>
>>139501086
Is it enjoyable as a standalone movie, or even from a typical movie standpoint? No.

Rather, the fun comes from figuring out what the fuck you just watched.
>>
>>139501296
Nah, I have better shit to fill up my mind with.
Isn't that the whole value of an entertainment media?
>>
>>139501296
No. 3.33 is not EoE. I can't speak for everyone, just myself and everyone else I know who watched it and also most of /a/ when it first came out in a watchable format, but the key difference is that people weren't asking questions about the story, they were questioning the story's internal logic and characters.
>>
>>139495404

kaworu is top tier husbando
>>
>>139501367
From a business standpoint, yes, sure. And that's what 2.0 was. A business movie specifically designed to positively pander towards its specific target audience.

I hate /tv/'s kino meme, but that's sort of what 3.3 is. It really challenges its audience on all sorts of levels.
>>
>>139498235

even though he's a lil bitch, the kid really needs a break
>>
>>139501681
>It really challenges its audience on all sorts of levels.
No, it doesn't. As soon as you understand that the movie is a cinematic equivalent of a shitpost, there's no reason to care anymore.
>>
>>139502213

so the film is one big bait

and we all took it
>>
>>139502283
If it was intentionally shitty, what's the point? What did the movie being shitty accomplish?
>>
File: let-go.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
let-go.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>139502369

lower our expectations for a movie thats never coming out?
>>
>>139502283
>>139502369
Honestly people should've figured it out earlier since Anno's obviously staying very close to the jo-ha-kyo format. And 3.0 was the kyu movie where shit hits the clusterfuck fan.
>>
>>139492416
What is going to happen in movie that has been called "3+1" and "Repeat signature."

Gee anon. I don't know either. But if it's just tickets for second theatrical release of 1.01 I won't be surprised.
>>
>>139498922
Sounds like after a few more rewatches your braincells died or you tried to find a way to rationalize it being disappointing.
>>
>>139502553
The 3.3 + 1.0 could mean a lot of things

Gunbuster used a similar number format at some point, I think it was for a making of short or something.

Japanese are superstitious of the number 4 and don't like using it for commercial or public venues.

Could be referring to the "beginning and the end" symbolism where two must come together to become one or some shit, like we saw what happened with unit 02 and unit 08 for the 4.0 preview at the end of the movie.

Reference to the sequel theory and how everything repeats.

All of the above.
>>
>>139502623
>I didn't understand the movie at or didn't make any real attempts to try to understand it
>it didn't give me what I want so I'm angry
>this person has different opinions from me, so that person is an idiot

Nah that's not how this should work.
>>
>>139502808

for more "cool religious symbolism". you can call this the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end.

who knows, maybe shinji will find caseus and NOT fuck up this time. the end of this angel/demon/room of guf/Nth impact madness and the beginning of a new world
>>
>>139492416
>What did you guys think of 3.33? Where do you think it's all going for Final?

I think it was an irredeemably poor film.

Everything that happens in it only happens because Anno couldn't deal with rei being more popular.
>>
>>139503005

i meant to type evangellion where demon was dont crucify me
>>
>>139502938
>I didn't understand the movie at or didn't make any real attempts to try to understand it
There is literally nothing hard to understand about it.

>it didn't give me what I want so I'm angry
I wanted non-sallow characters, good plot and pacing. Got none, so what exactly am I supposed to praise the film for? Random plot devices(lances) awkward exposition, annoying fight scenes, stupid misunderstandings and cardboard characters?

>this person has different opinions from me, so that person is an idiot
When the defense for the film being shit is "Anno trolling the fanbase" I can't take people liking it seriously.
>>
>>139503383
*shallow
>>
File: 36152_neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg (317 KB, 2560x1084) Image search: [Google]
36152_neon_genesis_evangelion.jpg
317 KB, 2560x1084
>>139503005
>>139502808
>you can call this the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end
Isn't that what the design on Kaworu and Shinji's plugsuits means? And Kaworu mentions it in the movie.
>>
I honestly thought it was a hell of a lot more interesting than 2.22. I still don't understand the point of Mari's character though. You could honestly take her out of the movies and nothing would be different.
>>
File: 04.jpg (229 KB, 1280x712) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
229 KB, 1280x712
>>139503025
lol
>>
>>139504565
Misato 4 life
>>
>>139504389
>Isn't that what the design on Kaworu and Shinji's plugsuits means? And Kaworu mentions it in the movie.

Yeah pretty much. That's why I mentioned it in my post.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.