[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't sunrise into politics? They have been doing anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: You don't say.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1245) Image search: [Google]
You don't say.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1245
Why can't sunrise into politics?
They have been doing anime for what, 20 years? Surely they must have had an educated director at one point? The little behind-the-scenes-intrigues that were present in this show were more interesting than the Tekkadan parts.
Also: Why is a noblewoman such as Kudelia less educated than street urchins?
>>
>>139472364
It's painful that the only way to fix everything is to have the biggest moron in the solar system babble such obvious things everyone else already knows about.
>>
>>139472364
>20 years
More like almost 40 years.
>>
>>139472364
Because gundum is a kid anime.
>>
>>139472364
>show does something anon doesn't like
>Holy shit, are the creators all stupid? Is the company all stupid?
At least you didn't try to pin it on otaku or Japanese anti-individualist culture for once, but still, come the fuck on and realize that strong politics just aren't really a feature of Gundam.
>>
>>139473293
>strong politics just aren't really a feature of Gundam
Its just that Sci-fi shows are a bit rare nowadays. I was hoping for something
>>
>>139473562
>>139472364
I suggest you watch more anime before making complaints like this.
>>
>>139473293
>show commits the supreme sin of shit writing
>stupid apologists try to shift the blame from the staff to the audience
Mastering the art of grasping at straws to such extend is a thing of beauty.
>>
>>139474547
oh look, another fag who screeches his opinion is fact.
>>
File: 1425755808320.png (623 KB, 764x1000) Image search: [Google]
1425755808320.png
623 KB, 764x1000
>>139472364
Kudelia needed a Slaine in her life
>>
>>139475170
But she got Inaho clone and Slaine lost hard in his own series.
>>
>>139472364
Surely Kudelia is the Emma Watson of anime.
>>
>>139475256
>lost hard in his own series
In another series, he would definitely win. You know the writers were pro-earth when none of them died or had any serious injuries.
>>
File: 1445099604489.png (2 MB, 1360x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445099604489.png
2 MB, 1360x1080
>>139472364
This was so bad.
>they hype up her having this great speech to make and let out her frustrations
>it's just about 5 obvious lines a ten year old could say
>somehow this is SUGOIIII
>>
File: status quo.png (18 KB, 1275x185) Image search: [Google]
status quo.png
18 KB, 1275x185
>>139475388
Haha no.
>>
Lack of creative intellectual character. Perhaps hire a writer in the fiction noble story.
>>
>>139472364
You make it sound like real life politics makes any sense nowadays.
>>
>>139472364
Are you saying her argument should be more illogical to match how real politics are?
>>
>>139477580
American politics would make one hell of a screwball anime comedy.
>>
File: 1455065742963.png (81 KB, 1006x930) Image search: [Google]
1455065742963.png
81 KB, 1006x930
>expecting anything approaching intelligence
>from a glorified toy commercial
Holy shit. Some of you people are dumber than /m/.
>>
File: would waifu.png (442 KB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
would waifu.png
442 KB, 994x720
>>139472364
Because they want to preachy about it. UC Gundam always handled it better because it was in the background, except when it wasn't. Entire show wasn't about politics.
>>
>>139477746
Not just American politics, other nation's politics are just as much as a screwball anime comedy. I mean, we have, not one, but several credible attempts at leaving a union in Europe, China thinking they can bully every single neighboring nation, Iran (lol), Turkey, etc... Real life politics is so goddamn screwed up, it's amazing we're still functioning.
>>
File: ohooohoooo.png (168 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
ohooohoooo.png
168 KB, 500x366
>>139475170
>we'll never get the second season following Slaine and his plan

That's really what they should've done and reveal Inaho at some point as the Big Boss.
>>
>>139477580
Pretty much. Joke's on OP for expecting politics in anime to be smart when it's fucking retarded in real life.

>>139477843
Taiwanese politics often end with people literally fighting each other in the parliament. And Indonesia once elected a blind dude to be a president. Holy shit, it's a miracle that society still functions.
>>
>>139477843
>Not just American politics, other nation's politics are just as much as a screwball anime comedy.

American politics are just a reality TV show compared to other countries, mainly because everything has to be marketable and simple in the US. One could make a point about removing cameras from senate meetings might actually lead to senators actually doing something instead of pulling impassioned shows for the public all the time.
>>
>>139478056
Italy and Russia disagrees.
>>
>>139478056
Not really. If you paid attention to stuff in Taiwan and Hong Kong, they're even more of a reality TV show. You have open fist-fights in those. It's utterly hilarious how people say US politics is currently fucked up, yet in reality, we're just playing catch-up to the rest of the world.
>>
>>139472364
It's not that they can't, it's just that they have to leave it simple enough for kids to understand. Besides, Kudelia does have specific policies in mind with that half-metal bullshit, I think this was just an indirect and flowery way to say that those issues are the ones that should be pursued.
>>
>>139478226
>>139477974
Oh yeah, Murricans ain't got shit on equality till you can have men and women having good old fisiticuffs against each other without giving a single fuck.

Unsurprisingly, Taiwanese variety shows are fucking nuts too. US reality TV is just so tame in comparison.
>>
How is the stupid shit Kudelia said any different than the spoonfeeding speeches our own politicians give on things such as inequality?
>>
>>139475388
>You know the writers were pro-earth when none of them died or had any serious injuries.

Is it possible that the Martians just had shit logistics and the Vers Empire was fucked once they couldn't tie down a win in the first couple of weeks?

#Battletech
>>
All politics in anime must be Chomsky level incomprehensibly "academic", with name-drops to various intellects and philosophers constantly. Haven't you seen Psycho-Pass, anon? Now that's a smart anime!!!
>>
File: Inaho Pimpin.png (174 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Inaho Pimpin.png
174 KB, 500x280
>>139477890

But would he still the the good guy (if not the protagonist)?
>>
>>139478314
>Murricans ain't got shit on equality till you can have men and women having good old fisiticuffs against each other without giving a single fuck.
Men are generally stronger, so this remains an inequality in any event.
Most women won't do hardcore work-out routines and strength training just to keep up with your average lazy man in fisticuffs.
>>
>>139478930
>Haven't you seen Psycho-Pass, anon? Now that's a smart anime!

I'd say Psycho-Pass was more philosophical than it was political; Shogo was the only one really trying to change anything; everyone else was just commenting.
>>
I thought a lot of the world's set-ups for political conflicts were actually pretty good. Accurate view of resistance movements and how they take various forms, accurate showcasing of how stupid it is to saddle resistance with unrealistic expectations when it's being violently exploited and suppressed, believable incompetence in Gjallarhorn when it's a bunch of rich people running around with nice weapons and the same seven families are rotated in nepotism, creating networks of "connections" rather than actual qualification, plenty of differences in class embitterment, got stupid reactionary audiences to gasp in horror or think Tekkadan was evil for doing shit most people would do in their situation...

But the resolution of all of this conflict was retarded. Kudelia was in no way inspiring, but we were told repeatedly she was inspiring, so we had no choice but to believe it. Her "speech" after an entire slaughter of protesters just ended with people shaking hands and compromising on terms and giving more rights to people. Then, at the end, an armed resistance group having connections with her isn't seen as suspicious, and everyone just is ready to suddenly be conscious about Gjallarhorn's corruption and want to simply "mistrust" them rather than try to violently oppose them or take them down.
>>
Name one single Gundam with good politics, Gundamcucks. You can't.

>but mecha is the best anime genre, the characters and plot are so mature!
>>
>>139478999
You obviously have never seen a Taiwanese female politician.
>>
>>139472364
because gundam is shit, its literally always been like that

then again i have not seen the latest episode yet so im glad i can skip it now
>>
>>139479228
This. Gundam has absolutely retarded politics, people here even think 00 was smart.
>>
>>139475256
Biscuit died, anon.
>>
>>139479228
F91's politics and Iron Mask's plan were pretty solid until he went insane, as is mandatory.
Also not a single person has ever referred to mecha as mature, you're full of shit.
Besides, you just asked for gundam examples. There are mecha shows with a decent political side, if not very many of them.
>>
>>139480193
Could you name some? I personally have only watched Gundam series, and have found myself always having to just not be so serious about the politics, or play around with them in my head myself. I think 00's made me the maddest, but I'd like to watch more mecha.
>>
>>139480340
Gasaraki is entirely focused on politics (just, please, don't watch the last episode. Pretend it ended at 24, it's a much better finale that way).
I would say that Argevollen has a pretty good political side.
I have not personally watched it but I have heard positive things about the politics in Dougram.
If you're looking for domestic politics rather than foreign, Patlabor and Dai-Guard have some of that, although mostly focused on the bureaucratical side of them.
>>
>>139475388
Oh man, considering all the atrocities that Earth had done in A/Z and none of them get any sort of comeuppance and actually ended up ahead, the writers were so damn pro-earth, it's ridiculous. It's like a HFY-wank fic.
>>
>>139479096
Not really. Akane had actually changed a lot of things in Psycho-Pass, but most people just either waved it off or ignore it completely.
>>
>>139479319
>Gundam has absolutely retarded politics
So it's the most realistic political portrayal in anime then?
>>
>>139480576
I saw Gasaraki like four months ago and I'm still angry. It's so fucking good, and then it suddenly becomes so fucking bad.
>>
>>139481526
It could've been such a fantastic show but the last episode completely kills everything.
The 24th episode is such a good open-end in comparison.
>>
>>139481672
Now I'm genuinely curious. Spoil me. What happens at the last episode that turns everything to shit?
>>
File: lLxCoWMg.jpg (94 KB, 680x595) Image search: [Google]
lLxCoWMg.jpg
94 KB, 680x595
>>139481769
Ancient aliens out of fucking nowhere. I'm being 100% serious here. The series features mecha modelled after ancient living demon armour suits and it's completely fine that way but then the aliens.
>>
>>139481930
Well, knowing Japan, it was either aliens or god is real and evil.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.