[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shiki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 18
File: big-2558269f6a.jpg (43 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
big-2558269f6a.jpg
43 KB, 520x390
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

THIS. EPISODE.

I haven't felt chills of fear like this since watching Monster many years ago. This has to be the best Vampire story out there.
>>
Shiki is such an underrated show. What I like most about it is by the end of the series, it's unclear if whether the vampires or the humans were the bigger monsters.
>>
>>139471886
It was absolutely clear that the vampires were the monsters, it just tried to frame them as sympathetic (and failed at it, it was easily the weakest part of the show).
>>
>>139471886
I don't know, it's pretty well-regarded.
>>
>>139472268
It's a matter of taste and who you're willing to sympathize with but yes, the Shiki are in the wrong and if they keep spreading they'll lead to the extinction of the human race as well as their own.
>>
File: shikidoc.gif (666 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
shikidoc.gif
666 KB, 400x360
>>139471644
>>
I liked the eerie aspect in the beginning but the human stronk parts were too fun. Toshio a beast.
>>
I forget her name, but best girl was definitely the one that ended up killing that autistic Marilyn Manson looking faggot. Didn't even think twice, you could tell she was thinking "I have always wanted to do this so badly".
>>
>>139472313

Technically they should've murdered the little vampire girl. It was all her fault, and the pedophile priest was an enabler.

It's like a furry helps a werewolf bite people because he wants to fuck anthromorphic animals. After a frenzy of shooting the infected with melted-down cutlery turned into silver bullets, we're supposed to go "Ohhhhh, look how monstrous the humans are!".

Nah, fuck that shit. The little girl should've been strung up with barbed wire.
>>
>>139472671
I should watch it again someday.
Honestly, I don't get the priest and the loli hate.

The loli seems to be innocent.
>>
COMMUNISM - The Show
>>
>>139472752

She was the master vampire.

See, this was basically a Japanese version of Salem's Lot. The girl is the equivalent of Barrow from that novel.
>>
File: man is the real beast.jpg (156 KB, 780x508) Image search: [Google]
man is the real beast.jpg
156 KB, 780x508
>>139472671
pic related
>>
>>139472671
I was honestly insulted that they tried to make me feel bad for Sunako when she was scared of dying. Never mind that she's killed huge amounts of humans and set up an organized system for more convenient killing.

The series was great when it was creepy at the start, and when the humans were fighting back. The attempt at humanizing the vampires was unconvincing and cheap.
>>
File: shiki cccp.jpg (707 KB, 1432x2150) Image search: [Google]
shiki cccp.jpg
707 KB, 1432x2150
>>
>>139472752
>Wahh it must've hurt when they killed you
>Wahh i'm afraid of dying
>But killing humans is okay it's just our nature after all, but hey, feel bad for us because we have feelings too wahhh
Humans weren't monsters, they were simply defending themselves.
Anyone that after watching this genuinely think the shikis were innocent is a fucking retard, humans simply acted in self-defense, there is nothing monstrous about not wanting to be killed.
>>
>>139473090

Yeah, the humans are sheep and the Shiki are wolves. Who the fuck is going to blame the sheep, when they're sick of being eaten? As a sheep, the only thing to do is to get together in a gang and kick all the god damn wolves to death. It's about species survival.
>>
>>139472590
That was his sister-in-law, wasn't it?
>>
>>139473111
The priest is my least favourite character of the series though to be honest.
He refuses to talk to his best friend because his best friend isn't willing to just lay down his life and wants to fight back and in turn killed his own wife that became a shiki.
Then he goes to the shiki and kills a person to save a shiki and runs off with a shiki knowing that the shiki will have to kill more humans to keep living.

Like what the actual hypocritical fuck is wrong with him as a character? He doesn't stand by 'killing is always wrong' at all yet it seemed to be what defined his character in the start.

I liked shiki in the start and up till towards the end but the attempt to make the shiki seem innocent and the whole priest going to the shiki camp was just too retarded.
>>
>>139473181

He's a lolicon. It's all about sexual fetishism for him. It's simple as that. He's fucked in the head, that's why he allowed it.
>>
>>139471644
lurk for 2 years before posting
>>
File: Machines of labour.jpg (65 KB, 642x462) Image search: [Google]
Machines of labour.jpg
65 KB, 642x462
>>139472904
I come here for this
>>
The loli was able to talk the priest into believing that her genocide was justified.
Shows how intelligent religious people are.
>>
>>139473423
Yes, comrade. That is show how degenerate those capitalism pigs are.
WE MUST UNITE AND FIGHT FOR GLORIOUS REVOLUTION.
>>
File: 1457119949386.png (164 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
1457119949386.png
164 KB, 600x337
>>139473181
you dont understand
>priest
>lolicon
>hypocrite
get it ? author is a genius
>>
>>139473870

I'll add that if I just had to put down my undead mother, I would not be in a forgiving mood.

Those poor bastards had to kill their family and friends twice. Shit's fucked-up.
>>
>>139471644
Reminder than Shiki did nothing wrong.
Doctor was the villain.
>>
File: 1443486950243.png (428 KB, 544x598) Image search: [Google]
1443486950243.png
428 KB, 544x598
>>139473423
>Shows how intelligent religious people are.
What she was doing was justified, because nobody died. They ended up being revived.
She was making a home for her people.
>>
>>139471644
Any fucking vampire apologists are goddamn retards and I have been waiting for a shiki thread to say that. Thank you anon.
>>
>>139473181
>make the shiki seem innocent
The shiki weren't innocent, but the people weren't righteous either. Both sides were just fighting for survival. That's really what it's about.

The doctor said it best. The shiki aren't murderers. Murderers are humans who kill other humans. You can't judge shiki that way. Humans are the apex predators so we've never had to deal with some other life form that regularly hunts and consume us. Our current moral system has no schema for dealing with such a situation.
>>
>>139472752
She was literally the one who caused every death.
>>
>>139474102
>What she was doing was justified, because nobody died. They ended up being revived.
Except all those that didn't revive or all those that didn't want to be shiki and just refused to eat even after reviving? And all the people that'd die as a result of there being more shiki to feed?
>>
>>139473181
>>139474215
>Both sides were just fighting for survival. That's really what it's about.
This. The one major problem is the "why don't they just feed in rotation" Frodo, which you need some suspension of disbelief to accept as infeasible.
>>
The vamp wife was cute as fuck and really needed to not fall in with that retarded loli.
>>
>>139474215
>the people weren't righteous either.
Yes, they absolutely were. There's nothing not righteous about defending yourself from a completely unprovoked threat.
>>
>>139474215
>The shiki weren't innocent, but the people weren't righteous either. Both sides were just fighting for survival. That's really what it's about.
Except that the shiki weren't just looking to survive, they were actively looking to cull the humans so they could control the town and take it over.
They were the aggressors and the humans simply defended themselves, i'm not saying every single human was a good person but the humans were overall definitely righteous, i mean the shiki didn't even want to CONSIDER co-existance with blood donations, the one time it's suggested the shiki just said that it's impossible without even considering it despite us knowing shiki can live from blood that they don't drink directly from humans.
I'd accept the shiki as morally grey if they atleast attempted to co-exist, but they don't. It's brought up once and then sweeped under the rug and the priest being a hypocritical piece of shit didn't help.
>>
>>139471644
Why the fuck did the shiki have to kill people to feed? Could they not wait a few days for people to grow their blood back? Feed on a few people rather than feed on one person until they die?
Why the fuck couldn't they ask people to donate blood?
>>
>>139474299
That was suggested by the teenage MC and his friend that became a shiki said it was impossible, then it was never brought up again.
It's retarded honestly. Because the series SHOWS us shiki being able to feed from blood that isn't coming directly from a living human.
>>
>>139474294
Didnt help that every single person to become a shiki was morally bankrupt and had no problem killing friends and family.

The only exceptions were that main teen guy and the blue haired nurse.
>>
>>139474380
Like the mother that fed on her entire family and then none of them rose.
Like good job, you killed your entire family out of a shitty wish for them to also become shiki despite them obviously not wanting it, the result was just their deaths.
It was poetic justice that she ended up suffering as much as she did mentally.
>>
>>139474380
That goes both ways, though, because the people who were shits as vampires were shits as people, too.
>>
>>139474411
Not true
See:
>>139474401
As a human she was a loving wife and mother, but when she became a shiki she simply wished to be with her family and as a result killed them all, which is pretty fucking awful of her despite her being a good person as a human.
>>
Angry old man was the coolest guy apart from that one time he killed a mind controlled guy.
>>139474411
Not really. The shits became shittier and the non-shits became shits
>>
>>139474453
Technically she didnt even want them to become shiki. She said it to herself when they were dragging them out of that pipe.
>>
>>139474453
I actually barely remember that person, and definitely don't remember what they were like when they were alive, so I'll give you that one. I'm thinking of Megumi and Masao and Ozaki's wife and the beard-guy's son.
>>
>>139474272
Righteous implies that there's a moral system that can evaluate the action. Like I said, a shiki drinking a human's blood isn't "murder". A human defending himself is just survival. It's no more righteous than eating a hamburger is. Most people have an impulse to live, but acting on that impulse alone cannot itself be considered a morally good act, otherwise morality reduces itself to "might makes right" which disregards the whole point of morality in the first place. Our current moral system cannot judge the shiki, and therefore our actions in relations to theirs cannot be judged. You might as well reduce your argument to humans = good, shiki = bad.

>>139474294
They explained that. People don't shave a pig for it's meat, why would a shiki limit themselves for their own food? If people don't try to exist with farm animals raised for food then why should shiki? It's the shiki's nature to consume human blood. You can't say it's their job to prevent human death anymore than its humans' job to prevent a pig's death.
>>
File: tumblr_o32f993WDq1v8ke2go1_1280.jpg (71 KB, 726x1100) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o32f993WDq1v8ke2go1_1280.jpg
71 KB, 726x1100
>Disregard dumbshits, aquire permaloli
you guys are a bunch of fools
>>
I watched Shiki only because I saw a gif of the tractor scene.
>>
>>139474517
The difference is that you generally need to kill a pig to get at its meat whereas you can take blood from people many, many times.
Shit man I have donated blood a few times and I'm, its not like if someone cut out a chunk of my flesh.

Also pigs are not exactly as intelligent as humans, nor were they humans at any point and they certainly were not your blood relatives once.
>>
>>139472752
the loli was basicaly the one who made everything go to shit for a lot of inocent people. sure she is sympatetic but a monster regardless.
>>
>>139474614
I watched Shiki only because I saw screenshots of it and I liked the hairstyles.
>>
>>139474633
>and I'm fine
Is what I meant to say.
>>
>>139474299
>>139474294
>>139474328
I was actually thinking about this again recently, because I watched some OVAs called Hitsuji no Uta with a similar thing (the vampires aren't killing anyone, but they're basically ignoring/rejecting medical treatment or the possibility of integrating). I think it's because the practical concerns are just the surface problem - the real meat of it is that it's a curse, like there's some intangible stigma about this vampiric shit that just makes it impossible or wrong for to integrate, for no practical reason. And my impression is that attaching that sort of stigma to physical impairments/conditions is stronger culturally in Japan, which might also have something to do with it.
>>
>monster

Should I go for the manga or the anime?
>>
>>139474655
I knew that werewolf fucker was a werewolf as soon as I saw his hair.
>>
>>139474517
>why would a shiki limit themselves for their own food?
Limit? The town would've easily been able to supply far more blood than the shiki could've ever consumed.
>If people don't try to exist with farm animals raised for food then why should shiki?
Because pigs aren't intelligent and also because shiki co-existing with humans and having ample food is easily possible, we have to kill the pig to get its food which makes co-existance a bit hard. And again, pigs aren't intelligent.
Also because shiki themselves whine about not having a place to live in safely and whining about being killed by humans as though the humans are evil for doing it. Yet the option of having a safe place while living with humans is ruled out because wahh muh farm animals
>>
>>139474642
>sure she is sympatetic
In what way?
I kill people and now they want to kill me, this is somehow sad.
>>
>>139474682
If there is one thing that anime and manga has thought me its that fictional jap civilians are the dumbest and most judgmental people in the entire world so you might be on to something there.
>>
>>139474714
How were they even going to feed themselves after they took over the town?
>>
>>139474751
Even if you were killing to survive its not sympathetic when the things you are hunting start to fight back.
>>
>>139474808
Never explained. Although the idea of them stealing people from other towns and abducting them might be the possibility that the author wanted to imply since that's something they did do.
>>
>>139474683
This is a Shiki thread. Go for the anime thou
>>
>>139474839
That sort of mass kidnapping would be found out in short order. They couldn't even handle random villagers, any law enforcement or army that gets sent their way would steamroll them.
>>
sewers episode was best episode. may or may not have been an ova. cant remember
>>
>>139472904
I look forward to shiki threads for this.
>>
>>139474909
That was an OVA
20.5 If I remember correctly
Fuck those Shiki, the villagers did nothing wrong
>>
>>139474909
That the one where they tied up all the shiki in the sun? I am all for murdering shiki shits but that was a little much in my opinion.
>>
>>139474833
at the start of it all she was just a victim of random vampire, like i said she does have sympaty points but she is still monster to be put down.
>>
File: 1453997058141.jpg (28 KB, 525x720) Image search: [Google]
1453997058141.jpg
28 KB, 525x720
>>139471644
>chills from watching Monster
>>
>>139474954

yep, right after the hunt them like the rabbid animals they are in the sewers
>>
>>139474894
The shiki aren't exactly made out to be intelligent in this show.

Doctor best character though, he realized that he had to fight back the leeches and figure out how to eradicate them.
He was honestly an intelligent character done right in anime.
>>
>>139474517
> People don't shave a pig for it's meat, why would a shiki limit themselves for their own food?
It's one thing to raise that question, because it's a fair one. It's another thing to try and paint shiki as sympathetic and the humans as wrongdoers for protecting themselves from a species they can't coexist with peacefully, mostly due to lack of effort on the shiki's part. I am not going to feel sorry for a shiki getting hunted, and I didn't really have to feel sorry for the humans because they took initiative to defend their village.
>>
>>139474585
This. He decided he liked the loli better than he liked Toshio, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>139474994
He would have been fucked with no hope if Natsuo hadn't happened to get turned and also offer to help him.
>>
>>139474633
It's irrelevant. You're saying the shiki must find a way for them to co-exist with their food source whereas humans have absolutely no problem with slaughtering animals for meat. Why don't humans try to find a way to coexist with meat animals? After all, it's the humans job to find a solution that works. You are either saying that people are hypocrites or that you can't judge shiki for doing what's in their nature.

>>139474714
The argument for intelligence is just anthropocentric. Of course, it's an appealing argument because it absolves humans of all wrongdoing because human's are the most intelligent species of the planet. Now we add another species that preys on humans that is just as intelligent and we see the argument fall apart.

Also I think it's amusing that you think the perfect scenario is a coexistence where humans donate blood to the shiki. Shiki are predators and humans are prey. They aren't equals and there can be no stable coexistence between the two. It's not like the shiki are feeding off of human milk, this is blood which humans require to live.

Even if people voluntarily donate blood they may not be able to give enough to sustain shiki while also not inconveniencing themselves. A farm situation could only occur if the shiki have control over humans. After all the shiki would most likely want to have control over their food supply. And what if no human, or not enough want to donate their blood? Then the shiki are shit out of luck. Even on a farm, a milk cow and a farmer are not equals.

In the end you're argument really boils down to that humans are special and deserve to be treated better in the food pyramid, but you only think this way because you're on top. Meanwhile the existence of shiki throws that assumption out the window.
>>
>>139474938

i DL'd a batch with the OVAs mixed in so i was unsure whether it was an OVA or not
>>
>>139475036
>Why don't humans try to find a way to coexist with meat animals?
We do.
Also if we kill a cow it doesn't become another human that has to eat cows etc.
>>
>>139475112
>Also if we kill a cow it doesn't become another human that has to eat cows etc.
Anime when?
>>
>>139475036
You know co-existing is basically what farming animals is right? You think cows always hung out with humans? No people found out how to co-exist. How is getting milk from a cow or eggs from a chicken any different than blood from a human?

Shiki survive on a coffee mug worth of blood every day or so. It would be incredibly easy for them to just feed on a different person while letting the first person recover.
>>
>>139475112
>>139475196
Yeah, remember all those pigs we raised to eat, and then we didn't kill them? I specifically mentioned animals raised for meat, and I specifically mentioned cows on a farm for milk. If you're not going to read what I write, then why even bother replying? Or do you consider animals that were only raised to be slaughtered co-existence? That's not co-existence, and you might have a very distorted view on what that means.

>How is getting milk from a cow or eggs from a chicken any different than blood from a human?
I've already addressed this several times.

If you seriously believe the shiki are wrong for killing humans then you should stop eating meat and go vegetarian. You can still enjoy animal products, but you shouldn't be eating animals that were slaughtered to be eaten.

Me personally, I'm going to keep eating meat. And hypothetically, if there were some creature like shiki that tried to kill me to consume me then I would fight back against that creature. However, I'd be fighting back because of an instinct and will to survive, not because some arbitrary sense of justice is on my side, because otherwise I'd be a hypocrite.

That's all I'm going to say about this.
>>
>>139475304
I'm partially with you, but I have to ask, what if a human wanted to eat you? Would you not feel a sense of justice defending yourself?
>>
>>139475036
>Now we add another species that preys on humans that is just as intelligent and we see the argument fall apart.
No we don't, you just think it falls apart. They also are much closer to parasites than they are predators, granted parasitism is just another branch of predation. But the reason why i want to make the distinction is because.
>Shiki are predators and humans are prey.
Shiki are much closer to being parasites with humans being the host. They require humans for every single step of their "life" cycle from food to reproduction, however the reproduction aspect is moot as they do not age and don't have a need to reproduce to continue existing as a species.
Why is that relevant? Well that's relevant because we humans need to keep reproducing and we keep becoming more and more plentifold and as a result we need more and more food and to get meat we need to kill our food sources.
Shiki however do not need this, their populations can remain constantly stable and blood as a food source is incredibly comparable to milking a cow so saying
>It's not like the shiki are feeding off of human milk, this is blood which humans require to live.
Is pretty retarded, because we can donate blood in amounts that easily exceed what shiki need. And we don't die by donating blood, but pigs die when we kill them for meat. It's not a good comparison at all.
>Even if people voluntarily donate blood they may not be able to give enough to sustain shiki while also not inconveniencing themselves.
You are heavily underestimating just how much blood a human can donate. We started out with 3 shiki, if those 3 shiki hadn't insisted on multiplying then you'd barely need any people donating blood to keep the supply higher than the demand.
>>
>>139475400
>Is pretty retarded, because we can donate blood in amounts that easily exceed what shiki need. And we don't die by donating blood, but pigs die when we kill them for meat. It's not a good comparison at all.
Again, we don't shave meat off a pig.
>>
Eau de Vie
>>
>>139475436
Because that's not how meat works. Are you retarded? It's also incredibly painful for the pig, blood donations are painless.
>>
File: giphy.gif (120 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
120 KB, 400x400
The show is literally a ripoff of Salem's Lot, and a bad one at that.

People don't even read books shouldn't comment on the quality of a story when they have no knowledge whatsoever.
>>
>>139475304
Man do you not see the difference between slaughtering an animal for its meat and drawing an animals blood?

Blood is a renewable resource, not only are shiki hurting humans by killing them they are hurting themselves by removing their food source. Animals that feed on blood in real life do not intentionally kill the animals they feed on because there is literally no reason to.

Human beings keep animals specifically to draw blood from and they can keep the animals alive, why cant shiki manage to do the same?
>>
>>139475304
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
>>
Shiki genocide is justified and humans do have a moral highground compared to disgusting shiki.
DEUS VULT.
>>
>>139475471
> People don't even read books
It's fucking Stephen King, take your self-righteousness and shove it up your ass.
>>
File: Hugandbloodplease.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hugandbloodplease.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>139474585
Finally a man of reason rises through the ignorant masses.

If you are not willing to discard all your 1 friend and family to aquire eternal loli you are not worthy of happiness in this world.
>>
>>139475471
Unless I missed it people here just discussing the moral of the plot, not the quality which is not undiscussable, either.
>>
>>139475516
The all your 1 friend and family bit made me laugh I admit.
>>
>>139475471
There is nothing new under the sun you fucking underaged retard.
Every single story has been told before.
Every single picture has been painted before.
Every single note has been played before.

Fuck off with your idiocy.
>>
>>139475516
You forget the whole village
>>
>>139475304
The point in these Shiki threads is that people supporters can't or refuse to not see things from another perspective.
you can explain all you want but until they grip to the "peaceful humans living in harmony that got assaulted and then deserve retribution" format it will be useless
Its interesting how the series was blatantly trying to show that man and monster aren't really different, and these guys, the most vocal fans, give the series a personal interpretazione
That's what happens when people is afraid to be judged by their social organization as traitors i guess. or something like that
>>
>>139475588
>caring about people who aren't your friends and family
>>
File: Reading_for_faggot.jpg (64 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Reading_for_faggot.jpg
64 KB, 550x550
>>139475471
How much faggot you are?
>>
>>139475593
>subjective morality
This disgusts me
>>
>>139475471
And Salem Lot is a shitty ripoff of Murnau's Nosferatu
>>
>>139475633
Not him, but if you cling to your objective morality when reading fiction you're going to have a hard time.
>>
>>139475667
Why should I?
>>
>>139475621
Sure you're willing drop a bomb somewhere where your family and friends aren't there.
>>
>>139475593
Oh no a lot of the villagers were shits too. Tying up shiki so they melt in the sun? Bad form. Killing your bro because he got bit once? Dick move. Killing a guy you know is mind controlled? You are being a shit.

But the shiki were twice as bad. If they had even attempted the slightest form of co existence I would be fine with them. But these creatures that are fully as intelligent as humans decided fuck it, lets kill our friends and family literally because we feel like it.
>>
>>139475667
>if you cling to your objective morality when reading fiction you're going to have a hard time.
I don't get what you mean
>>
>>139475593
Because nobody sympathize with bloodsucker who kill people left and right, even their own family.
>>
>>139475362
Yes I would feel justified.

>>139475400
>You are heavily underestimating just how much blood a human can donate.
I believe in the show it takes 4 nights for the shiki to drain blood. A human body has 10 pints of blood and can donate 1 pint. At 4 nights that's 2.5 pints a blood. It won't kill you, but it will make you unhealthy.

Regardless, you're focusing on the logistics too much and missing the point about morality, which is that we can't judge the shiki the same way we judge other people.

>>139475479
Maybe you don't see the difference between the fact that we literally don't have to kill animals to survive, while the shiki literally need to drink human blood to survive.

>Blood is a renewable resource, not only are shiki hurting humans by killing them they are hurting themselves by removing their food source.
That's like saying humans are hurting themselves by killing pigs. There will always be more pigs. There will always be more humans. Also not every human turns after being feeded on, so it's not like every feeding increasing the vampire population.

>why cant shiki manage to do the same?
Why should they have to when humans are content with killing animals for their own needs? You can go vegetarian. You don't have to eat pigs and cows. You can get you're protein from another source. Don't tell me what the shiki are doing is wrong if you eat meat yourself.

I said before that I said all I wanted to say and this time I mean it. It's not because I don't want to debate anymore, but that if I do I'll be up for several more hours when I need to sleep. So good night.
>>
>>139475780
>Yes I would feel justified.
So the fact that they're "not human" really makes that much difference?
>>
>>139475780
If a humans diet consisted solely of blood they wouldn't kill the animals they got it from. Because it would be cruel and offer no advantages.
More to the point no humans used to be pigs. No humans retain all their memories of being a pig. How many humans target their own family members for food?
>>
>>139475888
>How many humans target their own family members for food?
You would be surprised as to how far man would go to ensure his own survival in the face of extreme hunger.
>>
>>139475780
>That's like saying humans are hurting themselves by killing pigs.
No it's not.
It's rather like saying humans hurt themselves by cutting down apple trees just to harvest apples.
Which would be correct.
>there will always be more humans
Except that Sunako's whole plan was to genocide the village to turn it into a Shiki paradise
>Also not every human turns after being feeded on, so it's not like every feeding increasing the vampire population.
If you don't see the problem in every dead person having the chance to become Shiki which both reduces availability of prey and increases the number of predators than I don't know what to tell you.
I mean even ignoring the issue of consciousness they are fucking retarded from an utilarian standpoint too.
Not to mention that the show shows very much what happens when they are found out which would make a Masquerade vitaly important
>>
>>139475918
How many humans kill their own family members out of hunger when there is a very easy option not to?
>>
>>139475918
Cannibalism is rare even among starving humans.
>>
Are shiki one of the weakest vampires in fiction? They can easily get their shit pushed in by regular people and cant enter homes without permission. Their only advantages are that they are hard to kill, they can see well at night and can control people they bite. They arent even pain resistant.
Werewolves seem like they get a much better deal.
>>
Absolute last post I'm making in this thread. I'm literally turning off my computer after I press submit.

>>139475799
It really does, because morality is regulates human behavior from a human standpoint. To apply human morality to other creatures who do not share our human experience is a folly. Morality is how we relate to our fellow people.

>>139475888
Still missing the point. You don't have to kill animals to survive but you still partake in a system that does so anyway, assuming you eat meat .It's hypocrisy to condemn the shiki for killing unnecessarily for food when humans do the same thing.

>>139475888
How many humans need to drink human blood for sustenance? And no, I'm not talking about blood transfusions. The shiki are no longer human. Not only because they require different food, but because they're whole body changes. And one of those changes is not only a need, but a desire to drink blood.

>>139475922
>It's rather like saying...
That's not close at all. Eating too many apples from a tree will not cause the tree to fall over. The shiki drinking the blood they need will eventually kill a human.

Again, saying the shiki "can" (and it's only a hypothesis) co-exist with people is not an argument for saying there is a moral imperative for destroying the shiki because they choose not to. The arguments premise is a belief that human life is sacred and that shiki should protect that sanctity. That's why the argument is anthropocentric and that's why you can't apply human morality to other species, and that's why the doctor said there is no way to judge the shiki. The shiki have their own nature and their own values. Whether they think they should protect human life is their own moral question, not ours.

Well, in reality, you can judge them if you want to, I can't stop you from doing that, but I think it's incredibly pointless to do so, because applying human morals to shiki is basically saying their entire existence is immoral in and of itself.
>>
The only wrongdoing on the humans' part I can think of is when they intended to let shiki be slowly fried to death after hauling them from the sewers by the end of the series, that was pretty fucked up.
>>
>>139476411
As anon pointed out earlier shiki killing humans when they drink their blood is much closer to cutting down an apple tree to get apples. you need to kill animals to get their meat. If you didnt need to kill animals to get meat then you wouldnt, You would keep them alive so they make more meat. When you want a sheep's wool you dont kill the sheep and then shear it.

Shiki clearly still have human feelings and emotions as well as human morals and they are fully able to hold back on their hunger should they choose to so it isnt as if they have no choice. They just choose to kill people because they feel like it. They decide that its impossible not to kill people and dont even try.
>>
>>139476651
Yeah, they could have easily just cut off their heads in their sleep or something.
>>
>>139476411
>>139476653
To add to this there was 1300 people in the village. Split between the three original shiki thats 433 people each. That means they could feed on a different person every night of the year and still have people left over. It would give the villagers plenty of time to grow back blood and they wouldn't even have to reveal themselves. That even includes people for the werewolf who didn't even need to drink blood.
>>
>>139476978
To add even more to this you are supposed to wait eight weeks after giving blood to give blood again. That means for every 56 villagers you have you could easily and safely support 1 shiki.
>>
>>139473143
That would explain why she hated him, could you imagine having to live with someone like that? If you found out he came back to life you'd bash his head in too.
>>
>>139477230
>yfw the little girl finds out her dad was coming to kill her and fucking murders him
He had it coming.
>>
>>139472845
Thing is she knew she was a hypocrite and wanted to accept her death knowing full well she deserved it, but she just wasn't strong enough to let herself be killed like that. Even over a hundred years old her mind is still limited to the scope of a small child and her fear of dying was so great that she couldn't do anything but kill then run away all her life. She asks God if it's unreasonable for her to want to live when she never asked to be a vampire in the first place, then she gets her ass beaten in a way I'm almost ashamed to have found slightly arousing. If nothing else at least she was beaten and humiliated before the end.
>>
>>139477369
She could have tried not killing people even once.
>>
Just rewatching this and I still love it. Ozaki is based and priest a shit
>>
>>139477445
Priest is the biggest shit a shit can be.
He told the girl she shouldn't give up on life even though he was totally fine with letting vampires kill everyone.
>>
>>139477445
And don't forget that they only came to that town because of that lolicon priest
>>
File: 1415685995895.gif (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1415685995895.gif
67 KB, 230x230
The shiki did wrong but the doctor did just as wrong

Sunako was a monster and victim of circumstance

The villagers were monsters too

Best girl was puppet loli
>>
>>139474714
>we have to kill the pig to get its food
That may apply to meat from animals, but many farm animals can offer other things beside meat. Cows can feed you through milk, for example. Do we have to kill cows to live off cows?

>And again, pigs aren't intelligent.
Pigs are intelligent. They just aren't as intelligent as humans, but humans have varying intelligence, too. You may be smarter or dumber than your sister, but does that matter when evaluating your right to live? No, what matters is not whether they're as smart as us, but whether they're SMART ENOUGH to get a certain moral status.
>>
The werewolf girl was cute asf though. Although the nurse was the best girl
>>
>>139477946
Only vampire who wasnt a fucking degenerate.
>>
>>139472268
This guy knows it.
>>
>>139474633
>Hey man I won't kill you, I just need some blood come on man please

>lol fuck off vampire scum

Who is really going to be ok with letting a vampire feed off them? Even if blood donations were mandated, most people wouldn't be ok with that knowing it's to feed fucking vampires. Don't be naive. One species had to die off because it'd be impossible to co-exist.
>>
>>139478414
They can literally mind control people into forgetting they were there. They dont have to change a single thing about the way they operate except for the part where they kill people.
>>
I've actually backlogged this just to see what this scene is about.
>>
File: 1427582773990.jpg (502 KB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
1427582773990.jpg
502 KB, 960x1080
>>139475471
>i read books
>>
>>139478457
You're right, I forgot about that
>>
>>139478545
Man, I wish neckbeards on the internet didn't make fedoras uncool. I really like the way they look.
>>
>>139472268
It was probably intentional seeing as the only human that sympathized with the vampires was a suicidal pedophile who went into the priesthood. He's even a writer to boot. Not even this site's userbase can relate to that level of degeneracy
>>
>>139478612
You can probably still rock one if you dress the rest of yourself accordingly.
>>
>>139478714
I personally dont like wearing hats. I just wish everyone I saw wearing them these days didnt look like a retard or a homosexual.
>>
>>139478779
An art school homosexual specifically, I got nothing against gay guys.
>>
>>139474294
>Except that the shiki weren't just looking to survive, they were actively looking to cull the humans so they could control the town and take it over.
pretty much what we're doing to animals in modern day and age
>>
>>139479011
Animals aren't sapient.
>>
>>139479011
>>139479055
Actually we go through a lot of effort to make sure animals stay alive these days. And those animals arent even related to us by blood. We didnt even live in the same village as those animals for our entire lives.
>>
>>139476150
>Are shiki one of the weakest vampires in fiction?
This. I don't get it why some people say vampires in Shiki are scary. They are so weak
>>
>>139481019
If you didnt know they were vampires they could easily get you but yeah, once you know they are a problem they are easy to deal with.
>>
>>139479011
Not really since shiki's were once human. It's more akin to colonialism where one side thinks the other is nothing more than subhuman savages and treats them as so.
>>
>>139481019
Well, they're not weak, they're just overly-specialized. When they're active, they're faster, stronger and have quasi-hypnotism powers, and have a chance to spawn a werewolf. Remember, before the doctor found out, they were well on their way of exterminating the village and had agents infiltrated in the local city infrastructure. If they weren't so aggressive into making a sanctuary for shiki, they were damn effective.
>>
>>139482115
>When they're active, they're faster
Are they really? Other than the werewolves they didnt really show any enhanced physical abilities. Except maybe for being able to float.
>>
>>139482115
>When they're active, they're faster, stronger
No,that isn't true
>>
>>139478612

I've seen this cool as fuck old guy in a nice suit and fedora leaving a Merck building on my way home a few times.

Only people that were alive when they were popular can still rock 'em.
>>
>>139482854
Its weird, even skinny little shits back then could wear them and not look stupid.
>>
File: Escape.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1271) Image search: [Google]
Escape.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1271
I can't believe there are so many faggots who've failed to get the message of this show and run amok shitting the vampires and the priest. Such a n excellent piece of work completed wasted on morons, unfortunately
>>
>>139476978
The hypnotism after one feed didn't last very long (based on the grandma who started to remember things after Doc guarded her at nights), so eventually everyone and their mother would know about the bloodsuckers. To stay undetected, they had no other choice than keep haging on single victims until they either died.
>>
If in Shiki, vampires couldn't live without sucking human's blood directly at certain period just like in Fortune Arterial, I would have sympathy to them but not they didn't, so fuck them.
>>
>>139483219
Memories seemed hazy at best. Even then they could just suck blood without waking the person up, something they are shown to be able to do.
>>
>>139475566
basically this
>>
>>139482915
does the message have something to do with accepting others, their cultures and multiculturalism?
>>
>>139471644
>monster
lol what
>>
>>139482250
>>139482738
Hm..., I seem to remember them being able to cling to the ceiling to ambush people and scale walls effortlessly, but then it could be that weird floating skill of theirs or just don't have their natural limiters on for their bodies. It has been a while so I could be mixing up the scenes.
>>
>>139476978
Not to mention that without people up and dying all day, no one would see it all that different from the cold they originally thought the Shiki problem was.
>>
>>139483219
Eh, if someone who has fallen into a coma, woke up and said vampires are real, I would just chalk it up to them being delirious. It takes either overwhelming evidence or a huge leap of faith to believe supernatural creatures are real.
>>
>>139484726
One gets fucking wrecked by a lone teenage girl. The werewolves are stronger but the average guy seems to be as strong as they were before they died.
>>
>>139484910
Hey, I did say it has been a while, although it's weird how werewolves and vampires are created the same way but with the fuck-huge difference in power. Although, don't Shiki have some sort of regenerative power? I remember the doctor saying something about that during his autopsy of his wife.
>>
Shiki had top tier ops and eds, the music was generally also pretty good. Pimp shiki a best boy and got killed by kamikaze worst boy.
>>
>>139473181
Wasn't priest main trait to be a fucking hypocrite? For me it looks very realistic what happened, also, what kind of priest would turn down loli pussy.
>>
>>139485132
Oh yeah, the regenerate like a motherfucker. But if you bash one in the head it will still knock them out and they don't seem to have any enhanced pain tolerance so all their regeneration seems to do for them in the show is allow them to suffer through getting their ass handed to them for longer.
>>
>>139485305
>>139485132
Like the doc injected his wife with pesticides and hydrochloric acid and shit and it didnt kill her but she sure as fuck felt it.
>>
>>139485305
>>139485633
Shiki physiology is just weird. They can float, have insane regeneration, hypnotism powers and don't age, but somehow they still have the pain tolerance and strength of a human. Oh, and one a million chance they can turn into werewolf which has all of the above plus super strength and zero weaknesses. Whomever created the shiki's has one hell of a stupid sense of humor.
>>
>>139485889
Fucking magic man, how does it work?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-18-03-24.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-18-03-24.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Just finished ep19 of my rewatch. I liked the two Kirishiki werewolves, Tatsumi is /fa/ as fuck. Still I can't side with shikis even if I like a lot of them. They're all hypocrites
>>
>>139485957
Apparently, not even the guy that created the shiki's knows either.
>>
>>139471644
Oh man I remember this show. Shiki was such a wild fucking ride. Loved this show.till
>>
>>139472268
fucking this, based fatguy monk is right, the heretic priest and loli bitch should have died painfully.
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.