[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunter x Hunter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: bTko0lo.jpg (260 KB, 640x718) Image search: [Google]
bTko0lo.jpg
260 KB, 640x718
Ah a new cycle of HxH. I've seen it so many times. HxH fanboys come out of the woodwork after years of lurking, more recycling of the same arguments and excuses "You know, the hiatus wasn't THAT long." "Maybe Togashi had a good reason, maybe he DOES have health problems!?" "If only Togashi would just hire assisstants!" "Togashi is totally justified in taking breaks, if more mangaka took two year breaks, the manga industry wouldn't be in such a crap hole that it already is!" A general feeling of optimism is felt by all. Any and all sort of criticism against the author's work ethic is no longer tolerated because it "might be health problems, you don't know!" Maybe this time is for real, maybe it was just health problems and Togashi is all better now? Then Togashi gets bored and goes back to play Dragon Quest for another 1-2 years, the lurkers go back lurking, reality sets in, and resentment starts building up again as we come to grips with the obvious fact that it probably is that Togashi is just lazy. And the cycle continues.
>>
For my opinion's worth, I think HxH has been a terrible series and hasn't been good since York Shin written by an author of a visual medium who substitutes visuals with massive super boring text logs which makes me question why he doesn't switch to writing novels. The story itself has been filled with plot conveniences, horrible anticlimaxes and lots of exploration of boring meaningless plot threads and characeters no one gives a crap about. In the very last batch of chapters, Togashi, brilliant mastermind genius that he is, decided to introduce aNew WorldDark Continent as well as introduce some newStandguardian spirit system after 300 chapters of not a hint of either of these existing but I'm sure they were the plan all along. Not to mention Don Freecs! Oh my god how exciting, Don Freecs, we know nothing about him and never had a hint of him ever existing but this is such a major development, I mean he has such a cool name and he was making a journal on this mysterious continent we've never heard of before!

Well whatever, let's enjoy our like ten chapters of content while they last :)
>>
>>139355939
>>139355972
wew lad
>>
>>139355939

wait so is new chapter out or have I missed something? Who the fuck is Don Freecs?
>>
So tired of these Dragon Quest comments. Togashi does have health problems.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/2ga6as/togashis_long_written_piece_found_in_the_yyh/

Inb4 reddit
>>
>>139355939
I've never seen anyone say anything you claim
>>139355972
Your opinion is worthless you smiley using nigger

Commit suicide soon
>>
>>139356153
>Togashi does have health problems
Yes we know this already. He has a chronic Dragon Quest addiction.
>>
>>139355972
kek
>>
>A general feeling of optimism is felt by all.
Nigga pls. We already abandoned all hope for this series to be finished in our life time. Even the most optimistic guess only predicts he will draw 15 chapters this time. For me, I only expect 2 chapters.
>>
Ah a new cycle of HxH. I've seen it so many times. HxH fanboys come out of the woodwork after years of lurking, more recycling of the same arguments and excuses "You know, the hiatus wasn't THAT long." "Maybe Togashi had a good reason, maybe he DOES have health problems!?" "If only Togashi would just hire assisstants!" "Togashi is totally justified in taking breaks, if more mangaka took two year breaks, the manga industry wouldn't be in such a crap hole that it already is!" A general feeling of optimism is felt by all. Any and all sort of criticism against the author's work ethic is no longer tolerated because it "might be health problems, you don't know!" Maybe this time is for real, maybe it was just health problems and Togashi is all better now? Then Togashi gets bored and goes back to play Dragon Quest for another 1-2 years, the lurkers go back lurking, reality sets in, and resentment starts building up again as we come to grips with the obvious fact that it probably is that Togashi is just lazy. And the cycle continues.
>>
>>139356120
wasnt there supposed to be news last week?
>>
>>139358384
The news was the date of the next chapter
>>
>>139358405
gotcha
>>
>>139358288
If anything it will be 11 chapters at most so he has enough to fill 2 volumes, but he will probably stop at around 7 or 8, because fuck you Togashi.
>>
>>139356120
don freecs is Gons grandpa/gings dad. and he has been on the dark continent all these years writing a travelers guide cause he gives no fucks.
we will probably never see him at the rate togashi releases chapters though
>>
Question: Some anons said Togashi said there won't be Killua this whole arc and we will see a bit of GOn. Any source on that?
>>
>>139358288
According to the last poll most anons believe it's only going to last 9-11 chapters.
>>
>>139361563
I don't think we will see Gon again, at least during this arc and Killua is travelling with Alluka.
Gin, Kurapika and Leorio are the new mcs for this arc.
>>
>>139355972
>plot conveniences
Like what? Not even Alluka is a plot convenience since there were other ways to heal Gon
>horrible anticlimaxes
Anticlimaxes aren't inherently wrong you literal child
>plot threads and characeters no one gives a crap about
Speak for yourself faggot
>after 300 chapters of not a hint of either of these existing
DC was hinted at literally on the first page and at the start of the CA arc, and the beasts follow the rules of nen, they're most likely an emission or conjuration ability
>Oh my god how exciting, Don Freecs
You can act ironic like the stupid faggot you are but it is something to look forward to, and it hasn't been presented as the biggest plot twist in the universe, only Ging mentioned it once

I can't believe how mad you seem to be at a manga coming back, consider getting some fresh air or hanging yourself
>>
File: Hiatus X Hiatus.jpg (87 KB, 424x260) Image search: [Google]
Hiatus X Hiatus.jpg
87 KB, 424x260
>>139356153
>>
>>139361738
You are responding to bait anon. I doubt the guy is serious. Or maybe I have to much faith on these threads.
>>
>>139356153
health problems and mental illness is Japanese for "does not want to work".
>>
>>139356153
JUST MAKE IT MONTHLY HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
Im at the part where some Troupe members just entered into the Greed Island game
When does focus go back to Kurapika and the Troupe, feel like I care much more about that then the "main" part of the story
>>
File: biz gold.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
biz gold.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>>139355939
>>139355972
>copy pasting this hard

T. one piece of shit fans
>>
>>139365438
Never

Now go enjoy your bromance faggot
>>
>>139355972
そうだね
>>
Am I the only one who's keen on seeing "the guide"?
>>139361496
>don freecs is Gons grandpa/gings dad.
No he isn't. We don't know their relation, only that they share the same last name.
>>
>>139355939
I'm so glad Togashi's still real to his ways. Didn't bother drawing a promotional doodle, making Jump recycle old art once again.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.