[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turn A Gundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: TurnAPoster.jpg (633 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
TurnAPoster.jpg
633 KB, 1024x768
Finished Gundam Wing and G Gundam. Liked both a lot. Now starting this what i'm in for?
>>
Depending on your mindset, either a boring show, or a fun adventure with a light mindfuck ending. Also best animation, good songs, and best girls
>>
File: 1451271237942.jpg (233 KB, 1129x1600) Image search: [Google]
1451271237942.jpg
233 KB, 1129x1600
>>139315957
Naked moon boy.
>>
>>139317015
I liked first episode. Reminds me of european anime settings like Remy, Nadja, etc... Still waiting to see how the Gundams and space conflict contrast with this. I find Loran refreshing, he's a nice smart kid unlike cold Heero Yui or loud Hardass Domon Kasshu.

Looking forward forma this show. Hopefully i won't need too much previous knowledge to enjoy.
>>
File: UNIVERSE.jpg (20 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
UNIVERSE.jpg
20 KB, 640x360
>>139315957
>Now starting this what i'm in for?

UNIIIIIVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSE
>>
>>139315957
Are you watching the series in order of being released? You should be watching this after completing all the tv series animated on cels
>>
File: image.png (497 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.png
497 KB, 720x540
>>139317015
This.
If you're not a ten year old expecting flashing lights with yelling every ten seconds and can handle a plot with actual characters then you'll like it.
Not the best anime in the world, but it was a nice watch.
>>
it bored me to hell, for a gundam show there sure as hell weren't a lot of gundam for the first 3 episodes
>>
>>139317292
Started with Wing then followed with G because it was also dubbed (G's dub is gold. Master Asia specially). I was thinking about what to watch when i stumbled upon Turn A and remembered reading a lot of praising reviews back in the day of anime magazines. I don't want to bother with the main continuity yet because its abyssmally long but Turn A seem to be so far out in the chronollogy it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>139317479

Turn A has a lot of references from the previous series which makes it so much more interesting if you've watched them before. Without them you lose a lot of the enjoyment because a lot of it comes from wondering why the hell those things are in it
>>
>>139317479
I hadn't seen any of the old Gundams until I watched Turn A. After finishing this I had a bit more of an urge to go back and see some of them. You shouldn't worry too much about order unless you're from /m/.
>>
>>139317639
Speaking of order. Isn't there good OVA/Movie retellings that condense the better stuff of the main continuity?
>>
File: 1444138802150.jpg (140 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
1444138802150.jpg
140 KB, 400x499
>enjoying Wing
>watching TURN A before finishing all others previous Gundams
>>
>>139317963
I'm still pretty much a casual when it comes to Gundam, i'll take it easy before going deeper into the overly long stuff.
>>
>>139318057
With Turn A you're starting at the end.

But whatever, i can't make you start the story at the beginning just like how I couldn't make people start The Witcher trilogy from the beginning even though it makes the 3rd game so much more enjoyable if you know what is going on
>>
>>139317779
Not that I know of. I would avoid the Turn A movies like the plague though regardless of when you watch it. Shit is horrible.
>>
>>139318121

Also Turn A is slow as fuck so you're definitely not going to enjoy it if you expect an action series like G Gundam
>>
Gundam with a Studio Ghibli aesthetic.
>>
File: witcha.png (10 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
witcha.png
10 KB, 229x220
>>139318121
>not reading books
>not playing first game
>doing just one playtrough of TW2
>wait who is this Jennifer and Siri?
>>
>>139318193
I was referring to the first shows (featuring that Char guy). I read there's a movie trilogy resumming the first few series. Is that a decent replacement? The first few anime seem to be quite heavy.
>>
>>139318349

It's really your choice but Turn A is the finale that wraps up all the old series. It's really just enjoyable for the fans since all that destruction that happens in the first episode of Turn A doesn't happen again and the show is really lacking in action.

As someone just getting into gundam, you're not getting anything out of watching Turn A and it's nothing like G or Wing.
>>
>>139318349
Not too sure like I said. I've only really seen everything from Wing to IBO, and I'm pretty causal too when it comes to Gundam.
With Unicorn getting a series/rehashing this season a decent encapsulation of the early shit would be nice. There may be something listed on that big Gundam chart if any of these anons has it.
>>
File: 1448282829784.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448282829784.png
164 KB, 500x500
>>139318349
What the hell is wrong with you?
Do you want to watch it because you enjoy watching it, or do you want to watch it just to get it out of the way, so you can brag to your weeb buddies that you've seen a mecha classic?

Might as well skip the recap movies as well and just read the synopsis of every episode on the wiki and pretend you've seen it. It would save you even more time.
>>
>>139315957
Gundam laundry.
>>
>>139318522
It's pretty understandable that someone getting into a huge franchise wants to know if the shorter version of something ended up being a better alternative to the long version, and he literally said he wanted to watch Turn A, so it would be understandable if he wanted to 'get it out of the way' for that reason.
>>
>>139318746
>he literally said he wanted to watch Turn A, so it would be understandable if he wanted to 'get it out of the way' for that reason.
Pretty much. It seems a common agreement that Turn A brings a better experience if you hace watched some of the old stuff. I think i decided to just watch the first few episodes till the plot starts then leave it alone for a while in order to watch more of the necessary stuff.

In the meantime i'll continue with another of the alternante universes. Guess i could check out the infamous SEED.
>>
Ugliest Gendum
>>
>>139319064
I'm about to start SEED too, good luck to both of us
>>
>>139319161
>>139319064
Be sure to watch seed destiny right after.
>>
>>139318746
>It's pretty understandable that someone getting into a huge franchise wants to know if the shorter version of something ended up being a better alternative to the long version,
It's a bad mindset to have. If you're getting into something and you're enjoying it, you should be happy that there's lots of it so you will enjoy it for a while. You shouldn't be thinking how much would it take you to get it over with and if there's a shortcut available. Anime is entertainment. You're supposed to watch anime because it entertains you. It's not a chore or a job.

>>139319064
Just start with 0079 already you big baby.
0079 > Zeta > ZZ > CCA > 0080 > 0083 > F91 > Victory > X > 8th MS Team > Turn A. Then you can watch SEED. That's only like what, 300ish episodes worth of anime? If you watch it over the span of three months, it's comparable to watching 25 anime a season. No big deal.
>>
>>139319382
>It's not a chore or a job.
Agreed. But that's precisely why i'm hesitant with the older series that don't seem as appealling. Maybe i'm wrong and i'll find them enjoyable which is why i'm asking for the movies. Turn A definetely looks interesting. I grew up watching series in familiar settings so i'm motivated how such themes mix up with space opera mecha elements but i want to have a better enjoyment now that i know this is a wrap up of the original timeline.
>>
>>139319382
>watching hundreds of episodes out of obligation before you can watch a stand alone series
I thought you were AGAINST people treating anime like a chore? Because you're basically turning it into a full time job and forcing someone to watch a bunch of shit he doesn't necessarily want to.
>>
>>139319598
>>139319810
You're not contractually obligated to finish an anime you've started watching it. Give it a shot, and if you like it, keep watching. If not, drop it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.