[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. Why did Kaworu suddenly change his mind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
I don't get it.

Why did Kaworu suddenly change his mind?
>>
He thought Adam was at the bottom, but it was Lilith, Adam was actually fused with Gendo
>>
>>139207402
Then what was everyone so fuckin panicked about?
>>
>>139207496
They all thought it was Adam as well, only a few people knew that it was actually Lilith and if he got to Adam it would have been third impact
>>
>>139207647
Makes sense. I feel like I have a fundamental misunderstanding of things though.

Angels touch Adam = Third Impact
Adam touches Lillith = Third Impact
Angels touch Lillith = ???

So why was Gendo worried?
>>
>>139207402
Why did he think that though? SELEE told him it was Lilith.
>>
>>139207837
Angels touch Adam Third Impact
Adam Touches Lilith, a true God is born (Rei in EoE)
Angels touch Lilith, Probably nothing
>>139207840
Clearly they didn't because he was surprised at the fact that it was not Adam but Lilith
>>
>>139207951
>Clearly they didn't because he was surprised at the fact that it was not Adam but Lilith
My mistake, they didn't tell him the white giant was Lilith. They told him that Adam had already fused with Gendo. So the inconsistency still stands.
>>
>>139208119
They didn't know he had fused they just knew he had it
>>
>>139208163
It's a known inconsistency introduced in the Director's Cut version. The lake scene didn't exist on air.
>>
Kaworu knew all along, he just wanted to play along and save Shinji at the end.
>>
>>139209195
What an asshole.
>>
>>139207837
>>139207951

This is not entirely right, the therm "Third Impact" can refer to more than one possible phenomena, but basically is a global catastrophe involving in billions if not all lives lost.

Anyway, the Angels want to erradicate humans from Earth since they consider themselves the legitimate species to dominate our planet. To do that, they use Adam's extremely strong AT field in a reverse (Anti) form which has the ability to destroy other lives At fields.

However, a regular angel doesn't have this ability, only Adam's AT Field has this power, this is because Adam is a interplanetary Seed of Life, just like Lillith. The reason the Angels want to return to Adam is that they want to give their S2 organs, which is a source of infinite energy, to Adam's body so it can reawakre and expand it's unique Anti-At field and erradicate humanity.

However, there are some confusing issues not explained in the series:

Why only Adam can eradicate humankind? Is he only the one that can create an ANTI-AT-Field? But then again, the Eva-Series, which is a clone of Adam's genetic material, also can do it as we can see in EoE.
So is the ANTI-AT field a unique property of Adam's soul or is it of the bodies?
After all, Adam's soul was inside Kaworu, so they were supposed to return to Kaworu, not to the Adam's Embryo.

Or is the Anti-At field not related to a particularity in Adam's soul and any Eva/Angel could generate it. If so, them why don't the Angels do it? Is It's because they are weaker or is there other factor missing?

I think the last one is not the case and there is two possibilities:

1) An extra factor:
For Souls' AT field to be destroyed, not only a special type of Anti-At field is needed, but also, a Chamber of Guf (receptacle of souls, exclusive to seed of lifes, only Lillith and Adam have it) This would explain why they still needed the embyro of Adam. Otherwise, Gendou's puting Adam's embryo inside Rei/Lillith doesn't make sense.
>>
>>139209322
Continued:
1) Still on the first hypothesis.
Maybe Adam's embryo holds the Chamber of Guf, and that is needs to open to expand an Anti-At field.
While Rebuild is not truly canon, it is strongly implied during 3.33 that the humankind At-Field can only be destroyed into tang, if the Guf's Hall is open. This can also be inferred from the EoE, but is not as explicit deductible.

2) Hypothesis: Indeed only Adam can create an Anti-AT field, but the Souls have ability to split in more than one individual. There are hints of this throughout the series. Mainly with Israfael and with souls merging and spliting in the EoE and with Lilith actually responding to Rei as she returns to it in Episode 26', which indicates only part of Lilith's soul was inside Rei, some other part still remained on the crucified Lillith.
This would explain them, why the Angel's after the Adam's Embryo were still a threat to humankind even tough (most of) Adam's soul was inside Kaworu.

Anyway there is two possible Third Impacts in Eva:

1) An Angel returns to Adam and eradicates all humanity with its Anti-At-Field and angels thrive

2) All humanity changes it's individual form and suffers a forced evolution. Many people actually consider this to be the same as dying and being eradicated.

In any event, the 2nd is what happen in the movie, although a 3rd different scenario is also suggested to exists involving a human (Gendou wanted to be the one) merging with Lillith.
Anyway, the 2nd scenario hapenned and it still needed Adam's Anti-At-field to pop everyone into tang. The difference is that Lillith/GNR + the Tree of Life guided everyone's At Field inside the egg were they merged. In the first scenario the souls would probably dissipate through space and cease to exist.
>>
So much for trying to explain everything that I killed the tread.
>>
>>139210363
Nah man, it's great. Don't get upset because you didn't get any (you)s, it's just such a good writeup there's not much more to say.
>>
>>139209752
Rebuild is canon
Anno made it, so it is canon
>>
>>139207951
If an angel like kaworu touches lilith, there would be the third impact
That's why kaworu changed his mind, he didn't want to end the human race
>>
>>139211095
>he didn't want to end the human race
The whole point of this thread: why not?

Why'd he change his mind?

He was booking it like a bat out of hell to get to Terminal Dogma, and once he gets there, he decides he doesn't actually end the world. Is it because he didn't want his pretty friend Shinji to die?
>>
>>139211281
> Attempting to parse the pentultimate troll anime
And this is why threads exist 20 years after the fact.
>>
>>139211095
We can't be sure of that, it's speculation. I think it wouldn't occur a third impact without a fight, because Lilith crucified inside the Terminal Dogma, still had a Soul inside her, and thus a will.
Being mother of humanking, she'd probably try to stop the destructive Angel's third impact from happening.

>>139211015
Rebuild have some elements that apparently strictly contradicts the EvaTV canonicity, so, no, it's not "canon" outside of its own tetralogy.
>>
>>139210363
Didn't even read it, picked up Rebuild somewhere in it and disqualified your entire existence. Here's your (you).

>>139211281
>>139211095
Want an actual answer?

It's not the best of writing. The canonical answer is that Kaworu is unintelligent and mean.

He could no longer end the world and humanity, and so he wants to scar Shinji by having him kill him, thus leaving a mark on him connected to himself.

Simple.
>>
>>139211423
what a dick

how are you gonna have sex with a lonely kid on a grand piano and then make him kill you

worst girl for sure
>>
>>139211281
>watching eva in CBM
At least download fucking fussoir's 720p release, ffs.
>>
>>139211653
CBM had the most seeders so I downloaded that
>>
File: 1458849549349.jpg (132 KB, 703x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458849549349.jpg
132 KB, 703x1000
> why not?
Why is so difficult to understand? Kaworu explicity said that he fell in love with Shinji and that he decided Shinji should live. Simple as that.

The question maybe you wanted to be asking was: Why go down the terminal dogma anyway and just realizing that at the last moment.
That is a more tricky question but I also have an answers for that:

Forced plot continuity.

Because, if Kaworu gave up in the beginning, as soon as he realized he loved Shinji, it would be anti-climatic and wouldn't have a nice fight scene with Beethoven's 9th symphony in the background.

Kaworu is also not a true character, but a methaphore to the Oedipus complex. For being a proper Oedipus representation Kaworu would have to love the main character but still present a threat to him resulting in his unevitably that. This also goes well with the "Humans have free will, angels don't" and thus he must obey his urge to kill humankind or cease to exist.

Satisfied, OP?
>>
>>139212015
>downloading a HD remaster of fucking Evangelion like you are downloading a seasonal speedrelease of a mediocre moeshit

Utterly disgusting.
CBM encodes are pretty bad.
>>
>>139212214
>unevitably that.
inevitably death*

fixed.
>>
>>139212214
Kaworufags will be utterly mad by those statements.
>>
>>139211653
I just download whatever is smaller in size.
>>
>>139212267
I guess Sephirotic has pushed the release to next Sunday?
>>
>>139214952
Then why would you even download the BDs? Download the 100ish meg VCD rips made in 2000 or so
>>
>>139215542
From his strawpoll I suppose so.
http://strawpoll.me/7187024

>>139214952
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=784486
>>
>>139215689
>All those people who voted for a delay
Disgusting
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.