[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone like this show? Felt like it had potential but threw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: SHOWTIME.jpg (19 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
SHOWTIME.jpg
19 KB, 300x225
Did anyone like this show? Felt like it had potential but threw it all away.
>>
>>139205862
It has some of the best music I've ever heard in an anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_fuhZpjcw
>>
>>139205862
It was average. 8/10.
>>
The show was good until the bizarre ending, but the robot is one of my absolute favorites.
>>
>>139205862
It had so much style and such amazing atmosphere, cinematography and the like. They should have stuck to keeping the past a mystery, never pursuing it too strongly.
I was under the impression that was a huge point in the city of amnesia.
But yeah, it had an incredible skeleton and trappings, just not quite sure if it wanted to be an amazing monster-of-the-week or 2deep4u type shit.
>>
Season 1 was 9/10. Season 2 was 5.5/10.

The general consensus is what you stated OP. Really interesting aesthetics and world, it tried too hard to weave a thought-provoking plot in the second half. It did not help that it was produced kind of suddenly as I don't think they expected to make a sequel, realistically.
>>
Schwartzvald did nothing wrong
>>
>>139206038
>average
>8/10
>>
>>139206297
>the joke
>your head
>>139206240
You would be correct, sir.
>>
>>139206297
You actually bother with shows that look like 8/10's?

I limit myself to 9/10's or higher which is why I've only watched 15 anime or so.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 461x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 461x415
>>139205862
Fights and music where cool as fuck, but holy shit is that story messy, your a tomato, I'm a tomato
>>
>>139206197
The color palette change in the sequel also didn't help.

But then again I'm not really sire how they would've wrapped the story up
>>
>>139207858
Nice style, great music, interesting characters, fantastic fights and I love the mecha design. The overarching plot in the second half being potato doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the show, though it would have been better without it.
>>
Great OST, characters, fights, dub, etc. It's definitely a series worth watching. And the 2nd season is a bit messy but it's not bad overall.
>>
I loved it. it was an enjoyable ride. ending came out of left field but I liked it anyhow.

Dorothy best grill.
>>
>>139208880
>Dorothy best grill
When when you've got Angel and ... nobody else, you don't have much in the way of choices, anon.
>>
>>139206151
>I was under the impression that was a huge point in the city of amnesia.
Thats what they wanted, and yes it was monster of the week, not 2deep4u. But toonami wanted them to wrap up (or focus on) the mystery, so we got season 2's ending.

I wish I bookmarked the interview.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.