[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were we really supposed to be rooting for the SDF when they were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: TPbaO.jpg (69 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
TPbaO.jpg
69 KB, 660x330
Were we really supposed to be rooting for the SDF when they were just gunning down a bunch of people with just swords and spears?
>>
They're not really people. People would surrender. People would lose morale and lay down their weapons. They were more like target dummies.
>>
>>139200725
my gripe with this series was the ending, how it was rushed as hell.

also, funny thing is that in a series with dragons, elves, mages, catgirls the most unrealistic thing was how the japanese politicians acted
>>
>>139200725
Yes. Because Japan is the best and gets all the bitches.
>>
>>139200725
Why not? If an enemy attacks you, you defeat them, even of they pose very little of a threat
>>
>Fantasy realm
>Literally an endless supply of monsters and mages that the SDF could have struggled against

Instead all we got was a few Dragons that were dispatched without too much fuss. Also I loved the part in S1 where they had the Japanese special forces annihilate the special forces from all those other countries to show how awesome Japan's military is.....
>>
File: 1458175248878.png (339 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458175248878.png
339 KB, 700x1000
>hollywood action movie: murrilards shredding well eqipped and organized terrorist factions/russians/chinese/japanese/nazis whatever
no one complains
>japanese animated pictures: JDF use small motorized special operation teams with some air and artillery support to kill fantasy mobs
lards completely lose their shit
>>
>>139200725
The large majority were thugs, rapists and pillagers. You saw how they acted as soon as they lost their leader.
>tfw still mad that Noriko was canonically raped ans beaten
>>
>>139201383
Trying to prove your military is strong because they beat medieval warriors and fantasy monsters is inane.
>>
>>139202056

Trying to prove your military is strong because they bomb guerrilla people hiding in caves with unmanned planes is inane.
>>
>>139201383

And they actually have guns. In those scenarios, the terrorists/whatever usually have a qualitative disadvantage, but can still actually fight meaningfully.

This is just butchery, and after like the... third(?) time, it sort of became completely pointless.

Also, the author's knowledge of Geopolitics has not been updated since sometime between January and beginning of June, 1942.
>>
>>139202386
>Also, the author's knowledge of Geopolitics has not been updated since sometime between January and beginning of June, 1942.

Just to be fair to the author, are there any LN fags here who can tell me if the novels actually have slightly more nuance in this regard or are they just as bad as the anime?
>>
>>139200725
>JSDF
Why do I always read this as JIDF?
>>
>>139202616
IIRC, the anime is toned down from the manga, which itself is toned down from the LN. TENNO HEIKA BANZAI
>>
>>139200725
Never saw Zulu?
>>
>>139200725
Plot a shit, but mage a cute, so I must watch.
I hate myself sometimes.
>>
>>139200725
Would you rather root for the guys who don't have a qt magician, a hot elf and a goddess?
>>
>>139202672
Because you're a filthy crossboarder
>>
>>139200725

Japs dream of fucking over the west and their the advanced ones not backwards technologically.
The empire is synonymous with the Roman empire, when you start connecting the dots the intentions are clear.
>>
I was thinking about how if the people living in the GATE were lucky that they opened a gate in Japan, and not in America, Russia, or China.

That fucking chinese president wanted to put 500 million chinks inside the gate for crying out loud.
>>
>>139202941
Yandere bunny girl > *
>>
>>139202793

20,000+ bix noods vs 700 men with single load rifles and limited ammo and supplies

not really a comparison anon
>>
> That bombastic music as the JDSF slaughter hundreds of guards.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Sasuga Nippon.
>>
>>139200725
Are we really supposed to root for the Burgers when they mow down Russians, Nazi, sandniggers or whoever is the flavor of the year villain country in Hollywood movies?
>>
>>139203273
Youre right. Unlile the Zulus, the not-romans are white.

>>139203063
Not to mention that the male Japanese soldiers all got qt white gatefus
>>
>>139203287
Gotta bolster that aging mickey mouse army.
>>
No, we were supposed to be having waifu wars, jerking off to waifus, self-inserting as Sugawara (or any other male), and buying merchandise.

Not that I have any problem with that (or that I have paid shit for anything about this series).

PiƱa a cute.
CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!
>>
>>139203500
Pina denka!!
>>
>>139201383
>No one complains
That's one hecka nice meme.
>>
>>139203273
Yeah, the Zulus were an actual threat in that movie.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.