[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Japanese such good artists because escapism fuels their motivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Are Japanese such good artists because escapism fuels their motivation to make such great art? From what I can tell, being japanese is misery, and the more miserable the artist, the better they will be.
>>
>>139162626
Autism makes good art
>>
>>139162626
I don't think japs are better artists than any other people.

But they so excel at drawing sexy 2D girls.
>>
>>139162626
They are good artists because drawing anime is a viable career choice in there and there is a lot of competition so you have to get good in order to get money.
>>
>>139162626
>Thinking that escapism is a bad thing.
That's your problem, not the nips. You should read the essay "On fairy tales" from Tolkien.
>>
>>139162626
was Van Gogh miserable?
>>
>>139163851
Nice reading comprehension...
If I said escapism fueld their motivation to make all these fantastic worlds and characters, do you think im treating it like a bad thing? Japanese have a terrible economy, their culture is toxic and slowly saps away their will to live. Drawing anime and making up these crazy stories gives them a little a happiness. I think this is why they produce so many great artists
>>
File: 1340771947188.jpg (190 KB, 1200x1756) Image search: [Google]
1340771947188.jpg
190 KB, 1200x1756
>>139162626
>the more miserable the artist, the better they will be
Tell that to TK.
>>
>>139164005
He was nuts.
>>
>>139164079
so it's miserable in a kind of way?
>>
>>139164038
My point is that you think that because their lives are shit they resource to escapism. While that certainly is true in some cases, it's definitely not for all cases. I still encourage you to read that paper, is like 7 pages long and it'll give you a better insight for things like medieval-ism, religion and fantasy literature.
Actually I'm gonna go read it again.
>>
>>139162626
They got nuked twice back when ionized radiation gave people super powers, thus super artists.
>>
>>139164192
I forgot to make my actual point. Escapism is something healthy that creative minds would naturally gravitate towards, it just means imagining something that is better than the world we live in.
It has nothing to do with actually waning to "run away" from the world we live in by definition, although it can naturally be used that way too if you have a shitty life
>>
>>139162626

>From what I can tell

So in famines or warzones, all the miserable and great artists get eaten or killed?
>>
You all idiots. They are good artists, because Japanese schools spend waaay more hours on art (and music) than Western schools. All Jap students have at least basic knowledge of art in their teens.
>>
Pretty much, yes.

The shittier people's lives are, the greater the need and demand for escapism of appropriate magnitude. Of course, the quality of which is also dependent on social and financial factors (e.g. a struggling 3rd world country is going to just have sex for escapism instead of trying to produce extravagance for them)
>>
>>139164743
That doesn't necessarily translate into a great work of fiction tough, and you can have one without a shitty life so I don't see a relation between the two.Therefore I think that the whole argument is flawed and moot.
>>
>>139164066

What is this from? All I get from google are gookrunes.
>>
>>139164886
>moot
Who?
>>
>>139164079
He wasn't nuts per se. He was a relatively normal guy underneath who had a lot to say, but couldn't because of whatever fucking illness he had.
>>
>>139162626
Is using three katanas in one hand even effective?
I see it a lot and I don't understand what good it is.
>>
>>139164005
Isn't he the one who cut off part of his ear?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.