[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Take me through the sordid history of Naruto. What was the breaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Sasu-Naru4.jpg (38 KB, 787x589) Image search: [Google]
Sasu-Naru4.jpg
38 KB, 787x589
Take me through the sordid history of Naruto.

What was the breaking point?
>>
>Narutard
Post Sasuke rescue arc filler.

>Shitpuden
resurrection jutsu party
>>
File: 1435182598296.png (397 KB, 600x905) Image search: [Google]
1435182598296.png
397 KB, 600x905
I read and partly watched the series from beginning to end. It goes like this:

Part 1:
Great all round

Part 2:
>Gaara Retrieval
Shit
>Sasuke and Sai
Beyond shit
>Hidan and Kakuzu
Fantastic
>Sasuke fight medley
Fantastic
>Pain and Shinobi alliance
Bretty gud
>War
Shit
>Madara and Kaguya
Great
>>
>>139158567
It went to shit after Madara got stabbed in the back by African American Zetsu
>>
The beginning, Naruto himself is just an inherantly bad character. Why give him access to a completely overpowered ability with no real drawback beyond when the plot decides that he's out of energy and then act as if any fight he's in has some sort of tension?
>>
File: WTF.jpg (32 KB, 222x315) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
32 KB, 222x315
>>139158567
>>
File: beezelbub it.jpg (257 KB, 1200x876) Image search: [Google]
beezelbub it.jpg
257 KB, 1200x876
I stopped watching the anime around the part when Sasuke got put into a basket and Gaara showed up again

When I read the manga I stopped after Naruto turned into pic related for the first time
>>
>>139158567
i dropped it after the pain arc. just wasn't that interested anymore.
>>
>>139160028
Why did a dysfunctional team of teenagers and some spy leader go after Orichimaru and company alone, I forget this
>>
>>139159555
That is way beyond where it went shit. Naruto went shit when it went into the shippuden arc.
>>
>>139160157
Because Konoha only has those people for it's ninja army.

Oh and those 2 dudes watching the gate ofc.
>>
>>139160157
They were only on recon to see what they were doing, but naruto and co are retarded so they tried to fight them instead.
>>
Tiger Mizuki.
>>
>>139158567
Followed the manga from start to finish, dropped the anime after the time skip. I enjoyed it for the most part I guess. It doesn't deserve half the praise(among some circles) or hate it gets. For me it was just a shonen manga.
>>
>>139158567
I will say this though, its hilarious watching you niggers get so damn salty about this manga in particular. I thank Kishimoto for that reason alone.
>>
Naruto was pretty good until halfway through Shippuuden when Kishimoto simply stopped giving a fuck. The final arc with the ninja world war is so ridiculously drawn out that it make the Hueco Mundo arc in Bleach look like light reading.

The story kind of meandered then petered out, then Kishi kept it in a zombie like state of living death for THREE FUCKING YEARS while everyone waited for the endless string of "You hurt me! Oh wait, no I have another power up, you didn't hurt me at all!" to wrap up and see the ending

I've never seen anyone crash their series quite so hard before. i mean Naruto wasn't a bad series to begin with, it wouldn't have gotten the following it did if it was, the Chuunin exam was some of the best shonen around. It definitely ended as one of the worst manga ever though, unbelievable really.
>>
Naruto lost me at the Sasuke retrieval arc when I realized that we were getting set up for something like Shippuden rather than a progression of the squads growing over time and taking more responsibility. I guess that would've been even more generically shounen but there was something comfy about it? I'd rather have had 150+ more chapters of "the squad gets sent on a mission that seems appropriate for their level but it turns out it's way more dangerous than expected".

I unironically would've preferred the vast majority of pre-shippuden filler movies to have been the actual arcs that happened instead of Sasuke Retrieval arc and everything after it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.