[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A "smart" girl that merely pretends to study and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Cute girls can't be smart.png (351 KB, 785x1150) Image search: [Google]
Cute girls can't be smart.png
351 KB, 785x1150
>A "smart" girl that merely pretends to study and purposefully gets lower grades because she only cares about being cute and thinks that getting good grades would make her not cute is presented as a good thing and a sign of what a perfect girlfriend she is
Why are they praising her instead of calling her out for doing such stupid shit or lamenting how fucked up their society is that a girl feels that she needs to be an underacheiver?
>>
>>139092136
Two words. Japenese people. Bakuman was fucking retarded in this lind of shit.
>>
>>139092136
No one wants a know it all wife.
>>
File: MeanGirlsSoundtrack.jpg (24 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
MeanGirlsSoundtrack.jpg
24 KB, 320x320
>>139092136
Isn't this the plot to Mean Girls?
>>
>>139092136
I find smart girls cute.
>>
Obahta don't know how girls work?
What a shock!
>>
>>139093426
Me too, I prefer intelligent women to airheads or girls that waste their potential by acting like airheads. If you're going to spend time with a woman, you want to be able to have decent conversations with her, and if you're in a relationship you want a smart person to help you out that won't fuck by being stupid.
Plus, smart wives give birth to smart children.
>>
This is why Japan need feminism.
>>
>>139093561
You aren't a japanese man that fears women obviously.
>>
>>139092136
And of course, if a girl gets good grades and is ambitious, that means she's an annoying bitch. Only men are allowed to have good grades and be ambitious.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 640x913) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 640x913
>>139093561
Let me tell you, my experiences tutoring were not fun at all. You have no idea how joyful it is to have somebody actually understand concepts without having to count their fingers or use calculators. The kids I had to deal with spent their time playing Madden Mobile and acting like bitches. I had to see them stop and think about what seven times six is.
>>
>>139092136

Because mangakas of last 2decade have been nothing but neets who are disgustingly out of touch with reality.

It is specially apperant in their characterisation of characters both male and female.

>Female character, either a moronic dick chasing faggot or a unimaginably hot/cute who is also too smart, i.e mary sue but doesnt have any mental strength

>Male character, either a pussy chasing faggot or cute/hot goy who is also perfect in every possible way except their one flaw. They are idiotic/too-carefree , Luffy, Naruto, Toriko or , emo/faggot.
Only berserker, which was a 80s manga, and Tokyo Ghoul, which has a shit storyline and also shit loads of emo/faggotary stuff, doesnt fit into this.
>>
>>139093805
>Because mangakas of last 2decade have been nothing but neets who are disgustingly out of touch with reality.
I don't think it's because they're NEETs, I'm pretty sure Ohba's mindset is pretty common in Japanese society.
>>
>>139093766
>16 × 25 = 28

How do you even get such a wrong answer?
>>
>>139093982
By guessing.
>>
>>139093980
Basically you have to remember that a lot of Japan's opinions on women are messed up.
>>
Being smart is useless in "real world". Being social is more important to get anywhere in life.

>tfw 140 IQ and aspie neet
>>
>>139093982
Narancia never got any sort of education. Even Fugo is confused.

But that's what it feels like. You have these shitty ass students that don't do homework solely to spite this one teacher, lazy fucks that do everything but what they've been assigned, and kids that still haven't learned their times tables. And this manga's telling me that intelligence is unattractive, and guys want girls dumber than them.
>>
>>139094112
To some extent sure, but intelligence is pointless without work ethic
>>
>>139094112
Yeah, but if you can be both, why pretend to be stupid? If you have social skills, why waste your potential by purposefully acting like you're dumber than you really are? In Japan, grades matter a lot in determining your future and the paths open to you.
>>
>>139092136
Because Bakuman is awful in terms of female characters. They are all delicate flowers who can cutely try to play with big boys, but if they get too uppity they need to be reminded that they're defined by the men in their life.
>>
>>139093325
Yes. This is the plot to Mean Girls.

>>139092136
>>139092860
>>139093587
I live in a first world western country where feminism is rampant.

When I was in high school, there were several cases like this. Smart western white girls who tried to act more bimbo to become socially popular.
>>
>>139094214
A woman's future is to be a good wife.
>>
>>139094355
Tell that to Japan, nobody's marrying anybody.
>>
>>139092136
Because it is clever, and because most people don't sit around lamenting how fucked up society is like college hipsters, they adapt to it like functional people.
>>
>>139093526
Just remember, for all we know, Ohba could be a qt girl.
>>
>>139093325
>>139094337
In my experience, the most "popular" girls usually got good grades. The way they acted was another story, but getting good grades or being smart was never seen as a negative by anyone.
>>
>>139094511
>Because it is clever
No it isn't, Takagi may claim it is, but getting bad grades and pretending to not be smart is a terrible idea that prioritizes being popular in High School instead of things that actually matter. Especially since all she has to do is get good grades but not make a big deal out of it and act high and mighty like Iwase.
>>
>>139094996
Oh, it's bad priorities, but she's understanding how social dynamics work and playing to get what she wants.
>>
>>139093426
Smart girls are the worst. They always want to correct you on everything.
>>
>>139094337
>>139092136
You guys have had this thread like a dozen times and the answer is still the same. All over the world, regardless of nation, of race, of sex, people dumb themselves down to fit in.
>>
>>139095958
And then she vows to never talk to the boy she likes for years.
>>
>>139095958
Not really, she only got what she wanted thanks to Takagi.
And bad priorities is still a sign that she isn't that smart.

>>139096046
That just means you're wrong all the time
>>
Let's not forget
>"Men have dreams women will never understand"

Because of coure manga is a manly passion that women could never possibly understand.
>>
autism.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.