[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that 99% of the time VN adaptions are absolute trash?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1448001818915.jpg (200 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1448001818915.jpg
200 KB, 768x576
Why is it that 99% of the time VN adaptions are absolute trash?
>>
Because you're trying to fit in hours and hours of characters thoughts, monologues, etc into a 12-24 episode series. It's especially horrible when the studio doesn't stick to one route and tries to combine them all forming a jumbled mess. It's the same reason why most book adaptions are shit.
>>
Because VNs are usually shit.
>>
>>138976182
You aren't playing the right kind of VNs then.
>>
>>138975805
Is pic related?
>>
>>138976295
there are very, very few VNs that are actually good
the rest are self-insert fantasies
>>
>>138976347
No. I'd consider ToHeart to be apart of that 1%
>>
>>138976351
>the rest are self-insert fantasies
I'm pretty sure that's the main reason why VNs exist though.
>>
VNs are just not very good.
>>
>>138976351
Good thing most anime are not self-insert fantasies then.
>>
>>138975805
The OVA specials for the sequel are fucking amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pviPQBm2Ik
>>
>>138977788
I love it when animators have fun like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1N40Xkfe9c
>>
>>138977788
>>138977899
When Aquaplus takes a hands-on approach it's glorious. When they don't we get shit like Under Water Ray Ramano 2: Son of the Mask.
>>
>>138975805

Sturgeon's Law.
>>
99% of anime is trash, so it makes sense that 99% of VN adapted anime are trash as well.

I'd say in terms of adaptations it goes:
Manga > VN > LN > other
>>
>You'll never be Japanese so you can tap into the thousands of untranslated VN masterpieces in bargain bins

Fuck me man
>>
not sure what you mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj4wx90Awp0
>>
>>138977225

No one said most anime was good, jackass.
>>
>>138982091
>masterpieces
>bargain bin
pick one and only one
>>
>>138975805
Because for whatever reason the industry decided that they should be compressed ten times as much by their adaptations as manga is. You could read the entirety of JoJo or One Piece in the time it'd take to read Grisaia, and it got twelve episodes.
>>
>>138982091
the only quality vn you are missing out on is baldr sky
>>
Why is it that the only good VN adaptations I've seen are from Aquaplus games? The only bad ones were Under Water Ray Ramano 2 and Comic Party Revolution, though I think Comic Party Revolution was based on the manga.
>>
>>138982420
This. A normal monthly manga adaptation probably covers around three chapters an episode, I'd say. That's no more than twenty minutes of source material put into a twenty-minute episode. A normal VN adaptation might shove several hours into those twenty minutes.
>>
>>138982442
Muramasa?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.