[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did I just watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-16-22h52m04s56.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-16-22h52m04s56.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
Garbage
>>
Objectively speaking one of the top 10 anime of all time.
>>
>>138934293
We've had this discussion 100 times,
and the Asuka vs Rei one at least 1000 times.

If you honestly don't know what to make
of this anime by now you should consider
ending yourself
>>
Omeditou
>>
>>138934293
Depression
>>
>>138934293
Ending was so shit the creator made an alternative one.
>>
>>138934293
Art.
>>
>>138934293
Literally the pinacle of anime
>>
>>138934365
>100 times
Newnigga do you have any idea how long eva's been around for? We've been discussing this since before there was an /a/ to discuss it in.
>>
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
>>
>>138934688
Eoe may have been planned even before then. You can see bits and pieces like Ritsuko lying dead in a pool of lcl or eva 02 underwater.
>>
>>138934293
a mediocre show
>>
>>138934293
Shinji rejecting the human condition of isolation and instead learning to to love oneself before learning to love one another, even if it means facing the terrifying uncertainy of adulthood and independence. That last scene is a celebration of personal growth.

Seriously, look up Freud and Erikson in psychology, then if you still don't get it, look up Kierkigaard and Nietzche. The whole damn anime is about growing up.
>>
>>138936142
This. The actual Eva is just a representation of having a job and going out into the world. Shinji is always worried about how his only meaning is piloting the Eva (much like how one can "lose themselves" in their job as a means of ignoring themselves).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.