[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Moonlight.jpg (43 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
Moonlight.jpg
43 KB, 350x450
So recently I was reading through some translated LNs and noticed that most are subject to awkward wording and structure. I have a lot of free time and have decided to try and edit it a bit to give it a bit more polish as well as fixing minor grammatical errors.

That being said, does anybody have advice. Do's and don'ts, how to put it out there properly without making it look like I'm trying to take credit I don't deserve.
Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>138763645
Email a revised script.
>>
>>138763645
Has LMS been translated beyond vol 20?
>>
>>138763645
I haven't read this series but I've also noticed awkward wording and structure in another light novel, Mushoku Tensei. I don't know anything about the Japanese language but if I had to guess, the awkward structure and wording is due to the translation trying to be as close as possible. Even with closely related languages like English and Spanish, there are a lot of things that don't translate well directly and come out strange unless you edit it yourself and make the necessary changes.
>>
As far as I know not yet. I've only started on Volume 1 today. That alone is 60k words so the process will take some time.
>>
>>138765409
>the awkward structure and wording is due to the translation trying to be as close as possible.
I disagree. I think it's perfectly acceptable to restructure passages a bit to make them flow better, as long as meaning is not lost. I think the retention of the awkward structure is mainly due to the fact that LN fan translators speak both Japanese and English as second languages.
>>
>>138765063
33 and more chapters released each 2 days
>>
So, I think I can push out two or three volumes a week. Would it be beneficial to anybody If I dropped links to completed PDFs here?
>>
>>138767234
Would it be easier to post the PDFs into a mediafire folder and share the link?
>>
I could do that, I just don't have a good idea of how many people would actually be interested in an edited translation in a book format.
>>
No manga nor anime
>>
>>138767507
Not even Japanese
>>
I feel like this novel is getting boring after the vampire land, though.

The MC being able to do everything by himself is fine but I prefer seeing him working with another guild or something.

Those dojo guys is my most favourite part of the story.
>>
Where do you find 33 volume release, is it proper translate or just google translate. Baka-tsuki only go up to 20 and the next best thing I can find is clicky click translate, which is up to volumn 26.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.