[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't product placement in anime more common? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Why isn't product placement in anime more common?

I can't really think of any notable ones aside from Pizza Hut in Code Geass and Dr. Pepper in Steins;Gate.
>>
File: 1362705884018.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1362705884018.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
More lucrative outlets.
>>
Tiger & Bunny was advertisement: the Anime.

It worked perfectly because of the setting itself, though. Which was brilliant because all the ad money they got let them go crazy with the budget and ended up in a better product in every sense.
>>
>>138705316
there is, it's called female anime characters and cute animals that can make good plushies.
>>
Product Placement: The Anime
>>
>>138706222
oh
that makes a lot of sense, actually
>>
File: tiger_bunny_poster.jpg (353 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
tiger_bunny_poster.jpg
353 KB, 1047x1572
>>138705316
Really?

Just those two?
>>
Wasn't one of the sponsors in 1963 Astro Boy something that appeared in the show and it sold by the truckload? It was some kind of snack or something.

It exists to make anime since the beginning.
>>
>>138706825
But seriously, this has got to be one of the few times I can think of that the product placement didn't feel forced
>>
Gundam exists to advertise the model kits
>>
>>138705316
Code Geass was not to secretly having fun with it, considering they took the Pizza Hut deal way beyond just having a couple of ads in the background and added all sorts of a strictly unnecessary yet amusing scenes, like when the bike shows up or C.C. filling up the points and having Cheese-kun around..
>>
File: pizza kun.jpg (403 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pizza kun.jpg
403 KB, 1280x720
>>138707233
Cheese-Kun is GODLIKE
>>
>>138705316

Darker than black also had a lot of pizza hut shilling
>>
>>138707233
I'm still upset that I couldn't get a cheese-kun without importing it
>>
Usually anime exists to shill merchandise related to the anime, whether it's the source manga/LN/novel/VN/game, music from the show (Macross, Symphogear, etc), toys/model kits (most mecha series), or assorted waifu merch. So they usually don't need to rely on sponsors at all, and if there is anything it's usually low key.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, in episode 3 or 4 of FLCL there was supposed to be some minor product placement, but the deal fell through. That's why that juicebox that Ninamori is drinking looks so detailed.
>>
>>138707384
>pizza hut supported terrorists
>>
File: packet.jpg (548 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
packet.jpg
548 KB, 1440x1080
>>138707809
I guess the guys at GAINAX had to practise having accurate products in their shows, real product or not.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.