[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watermelon. Or like a panda with a mean face, or like sandals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: never knows best.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
never knows best.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>Watermelon. Or like a panda with a mean face, or like sandals with pressure points drawn on them, or the smell of a blackboard eraser, or a Sunday morning where you wake up and it's raining. Well, I like him more than hard bread.

What did she mean by this? Also FLCL thread I guess
>>
>poast yfw you realize it made perfect sense in japanese, but they used google translate for the english version
>>
he asks how how much she likes his brother. she responds by listing things she likes.
>>
>>138694864
Do you have an approximate translation anon?
>>
File: 1QYtwOO.png (608 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1QYtwOO.png
608 KB, 1280x800
Anyone got Canti wallpapers? This is the best i could find atm
>>
>>138694891
i was merely jesting
>>
What does /a/ generally think of FLCL?
>>
>>138694984
iconic
>>
>>138694671
Back when I tried to analyze this, I thought those were things she associated with pleasant memories. A bootleg panda plush toy with a mean messed up face, summer sandals with those acupuncture / massage motives drawn on them, memories of the last time you had to erase the blackboard as part of your class duties / chores and that pleasant feeling after a hot stormy night there's a cool, wet Sunday morning.

Or, more likely, just random shit.
>>
>>138694984

Too many feels everytime I see a clip or watch an episode. I can never get the girl no matter how hard I try
>>
>>138695023
Hmm, I'm analyzing it right now. Would you agree that the creatures that emerge from takun (Ta-kun? No idea.) represent both his inner feelings (Canti representing how he truly feels as opposed to his earlier cold exterior) and inner self hatreds? (The creatures Canti fights)
>>
>>138695065
Yeah, I saw it in that light as well. It was somewhat like a physical manifestation of an internal struggle, an emotional and perhaps also a moral one.
>>
>>138695118
IMO, despite having no evidence i can think of (quite tired rn), I feel like there is also representation, with the series relying heavily on coming of age metaphors, that takun actually enjoys his time with Haruko despite having the serious facade, but he gives in in the finale. He said she was silly, but he probably always actually admired her in some way.
>>
"I like your head; You just never know what's gonna come out of there next". Does this refer to the adolescent mind having new, spontaneous ideas?
>>
What about when the school president girl gets the cat ears? Is that a metaphor of her guilt/lie?
>>
>>138694984
Like /a/ generally thinks of any anime, wildly mixed opinions
>>
Also what about that robot dad shit? What was that meant to signify? A metaphor for the father's personality?
>>
>>138694877
No, she lists off things that mildly annoy her, but she can't ignore, just like his brother.
>>
>>138695652
Antagonism. Machines represent the repetition of adult life and Noata's complex feelings on the matter. When he walks in on his Dad and Haruko, he realizes that despite how he acts his dad IS an adult and he starts to see him as such, ie a machine. Robo-Dad is what Noata thinks his dad is like, but it's only when eh actually talks to him again he realizes nothing has changed. Haruko 'replaced' him because Noata's feelings for her made him see his dad as a rival rather than a father.
>>
>>138695411
For the most part the machines represent whatever Noata is dealing with at the moment. In that episode, it's guilt over skipping the play rehearsals. But unlike Noata, who is just hiding his guilt, the president doesn't feel it at all. in fact, she gets a thrill off of it.

The ears are less about feeling guilt and more about people knowing your sins. When the president sees Noata's ears it's treated the same as her finding out his secret, When she takes away his hat, it's done at the same time as her revealing he's been cutting class, and in turn he reveals she rigged the vote. So they're less about FEELING guilty and more about being known as guilty.
>>
Post more subtlely hidden symbolism
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.