[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What episode did you stop watching Naruto on? I stopped after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
What episode did you stop watching Naruto on?

I stopped after the Third Hokage died. I had to work at night and it felt like the story had finished.
>>
Around the time he went 4 tails for the first time. I stopped caring about the show after the retrieval arc, and only continued to watch it out of habit.
>>
Finished out of sheer obligation. I felt the need to see the story through to the end. Doing the same with Bleach. It's a tough life, but someone has to live it
>>
When the Hokage summit started. I thought Pain reviving the Konoha was the last straw for me and Sasuke just pushed me overboard.
>>
Somewhere around the back story for susuke brother, then I picked up the manga until the end? Of the pain arc ( it seemed to just keep going) then I stopped.
>>
anime: shippuden stopped after sasori death
manga: when pain revived konoha
>>
>>138649494

The Hidan/Kakuzu arc. That's about where the series jumped the shark IMO.
>>
>>138651301

>anime: shippuden stopped after sasori death

Yeah the whole Sasori arc is where the shounen power creep really started to hit the steep part of the J-curve.
>>
>>138651342

What did he spend it on?
>>
>>138651301
>manga: when pain revived konoha

It makes me sad when people say this. That was the best part of the entire Shippuden.

It brought everything full circle. Naruto confronting the antithesis to his Nindo and having to demonstrably show that mercy and forgiveness were the only ways to end war. The Senju's love.

Versus the destructive ends-justifies-the-means logic that Pain followed. Pain reviving the village demonstrated karma and his being the Sage of Six Paths is the reason only he could do it (why do you think Tobi was so desperate to get the tailed-beasts once the five villages united to destroy Akutsuki? Because he couldn't revive Madara.). Except Naruto didn't know about that. It was selflessness from his part that drove him.

Meanwhile it took Nagato to accept the love that Naruto only could offer for it (Naruto's proposition of peace) to work. That's the point. He'd never met anyone like that before. It was a reflection of himself from the outside-in. When he revives the village, actually made me tear up inside; as someone with a great ideal for introspection.

It's a plotline that could only be accomplished by two characters whose motivations are strong and harmonized after a climax.

The best way the arc could have ended.
>>
>>138652362

cocaine and hookers
>>
>>138649494
Stopped watching when I grew up and quit caring. That might've been around the endless filler episodes of the first series.
>>
shippuden just killed it for me
I mean, you're gonna have terrible pacing, repetitive music that'll drive you insane, dragged out talking and scenes. and do all that with fucking fillers?
there was no way
>>
The very second the Pain arc ended.
>>
>>138652632

Except most of that all came after the fact and the readers couldn't have known any of it, and reviving the Village nullified the massive number of incredibly well done deaths and personal sacrifices that characters had been making while trying to hould out against Pain's attack, and that ability wasn't foreshadowed at all. Pain Literally just said "Also, I can kill myself to revive everyone" and did it.

There has not been a cop out that bad in all of Shounen in the last 20 years over to match how painful that revive was.
>>
>>138649494
somewhere in the first half of shippuden, around the kage summit, I think. the more it focused on darkness and magic eyeballs, the less I cared.
>>
Dropped it when Shippuden or whenever Nardo came back from his training trip. I picked it back up when Sasuke went insane and started doing a bunch of crazy shit. Then I alternated between dropping it whenever Sasuke wasn't being an absolute madman and picking it back up when he was.
>>
>>138649494
I've never made it through an entire episode.
>>
>anime
After Orochimaru vs. 4 tails Naruto

>manga
After the 7 swordsmen of the mist showed up in the war.
>>
I stopped watching after the Naruto vs. Pain fight ended.

That's mainly because the story started to drag major ass right after that fight ended. That was the last good arc. Didn't help that it was followed by 21 filler episodes in a row.
>>
>>138654518
The manga was really hype around the Pain invasion arc, there were so many threads getting filled, even on /a/ where Naruto is shunned. Especially the color chapter he returned on.
>>
>>138652632
Face it, Kishimoto did that because he needs his big tit waifu.
>>
>>138652632
>we killed everyone lol jk ;^)
I was fool enough to think that Naruto wasn't so stupidly attached to it's characters.
>>
>>138649494
I never watched it, but I stopped reading when he learned the kamehameha.
Shame too, it was really fun most of the time.
>>
Dropped the anime after Pain

Dropped the manga at some point of the war thing, shit just kept going on
>>
>>138649494
>I stopped after the Third Hokage died.
Same
>>
>>138649494
Nothing more cancerous than Narutard spammers like OP, especially one who is a Brony who posts on >>>/mlp/

https://desustorage.org/a/search/image/5I8R79Pu_T99wpWN__8o5g/

https://desustorage.org/_/search/username/Dreadpool%20/
>>
After the whole Sasuke is taken arc and the infamous filler hell began. I saw the very beginning of Shippuden but couldn't care less and dropped it.

I was a young teenager who at that point had no familiarity with anime or manga outside the usual DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, etc. and only got into it because it had a prime tv slot and watching on shows on a computer was becoming much easier.

I only liked Rock Lee, Guy, Shikamaru and Kakashi from what I remember. I liked Gaara's ability and fighting style but not him. I "liked" Ino but that was just my dick doing the thinking.
>>
File: Painsfunnyface4.png (229 KB, 692x409) Image search: [Google]
Painsfunnyface4.png
229 KB, 692x409
>>138653909
Now do you know Pain?
>>
>now is a happy family ninja
what a waste of characters
>>
>>138649494
when the war started and they gave us non stop fillers. Fuck naruto man....
>>
>>138649494
The first episodes. It's alot easier to shovel through shit when it is in manga form.the pacing is atrocious.
>>
I quit caring once Lee lost to Gara

I actually stopped watching during naruto and nejis fight

I finished the story through the games.
>>
When I couldn't find any more good hinata h-pics
>>
>>138649494

End of the Pain arc. That was the point where I was sure Kishimoto had completely lost his nerve and was incapable of finishing the story he started.
>>
>>138649494
When the akatsuki arc started and when sasuke formed his own team, When said came along.

At this point it was such a drag you can tell everything was rushed here.
>>
>>138654978
Posts like these belong on Reddit, don't they have a karma police board or something where they just spend all doing exactly what you're doing here?
This website is an anonymous imageboard, nothing you had to say about you bringing up OP's other posts contributed to the discussion in any concievable way. If you think it's a shit thread, you ignore it, you don't bump it with a shitpost you put way too much effort into.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.