[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished reading Project Itoh's Genocidal Organ and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
Just finished reading Project Itoh's Genocidal Organ and Harmony after I saw the epubs posted here. Has anyone else read them? What do you think about them?
>>
>>138620486
Isn't there an anime project?
>>
>>138620545
Only two films are out right now afaik. The third one not out yet is supposed to be the best I heard?
>>
>>138620486
At least harmony movie is out with chink subtitle https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=793222
>>
>>138620486
>reading
heh
>>
>>138620800
Watching the movies that botch the original books isnt doing any good either, In my opinion harmony suffers greatly for this, Its clear it wasnt a movie friendly story, or format.
>>
>>138620910
pff
>>
>>138620910
Do you think the upcoming Genocidal Organ might be better adapted into movie format? I heard there's a lot of internal monologuing in that one
>>
>>138620910
What is the different?
>>
>>138620486
<feel>
Harmony is an unique dystopian future.
</feel>
>>
>>138620486
Subs when
>>
>>138620982
Just wait for some month anon
>>
>>138620964
Heard the MCs in both Genocidal Organ and Harmony are pretty fucked up in the head. Is this true?
>>
>after I saw the epubs posted here

anyone mind reposting?
>>
>>138621046
I haven't read Genocidal Organ so I don't know about it, but as for Harmony MC's friend is fucked up in the head for a reason.
>>
>>138621252
Did someone call for a Chechen?
>>
>>138621577
Why is she white?
>>
>>138621608
Superior genes. White hair and skin and blue eyes.
>>
I have the book for harmony but busy reading some shit off murakami.
>>
>>138621761
But i thought chechens are shitskins.
>>
>>138621577
Didn't she get the D?
>>
>>138621932
They are, but she comes from a tribe who got superior everything and were needed for a very special reason.
>>
>>138622030
She was raped.
>>
>>138622030
She was raped countless times and mind-broken as a child.
>>
>>138620964
No feels anymore, only HTML.
>>
>>138620750
I watched both movies in theatres and I can say that Harmony looks like absolute shit. The animation is pretty much sub-TV and really ruins a lot of it.
Empire of Corpses was pretty amazing though and has a lot of Production I.G. budget

>>138620941
>upcoming
If it ever makes it that is, after Manglobe's bankruptcy. It was meant to be released first too...
>>
>>138622287
Yeah that's why it's such a shame, saw people saying Genocidal Organ was the best of the bunch in terms of story.
>>
>>138622287
4C, one of the worst animation studio, did Harmony. A shame for the animation when the screeplay and voice actors are great. They should have kept the director and hire another studio.
>>
>>138622349
Shame the directors are interns at the studio and tha movie pretty much ruins the last pages of the book, that document note at the end of the book got a powerful punch, whereas the movie didnt do any real effort to portray visually the world of the story in a believable manner(even less with redjuice´s designs), Harmony(the movie) feels like pretty subpar movie in execution compared to what is a very powerful and carefully constructed book when touching the subject matter.

for which I mean: In the movie everything feels very tipical sci-fi dystopian future, in the book everything is downright terryfing by how real it sounds and the 1st person narrative was the most important part in that.At the end of the book, you have almost explicitly executed that script in your head and dwelved into the self of another person that ceased to exist and after reading you are alone to think about your own self and how insignificant all it entangles may be. I dont think anyone who sees the film is going to feel like that. The book isnt in any way film adaptation friendly, even more, I think its one of the few cases in which only in book form (or text) this story tells things that you cant do in other media, even a videogame would feel artificial at attempting to tell the sama thing
>>
All I will say is that the part in Genocidal Organ where MCs best friend monologues about preserving the world of shitty cheeseburgers for his daughter is literally the best shit I have ever read.
>>
>>138622287
>Empire of Corpses was pretty amazing though and has a lot of Production I.G. budget
No and no (it was done by WIT) because they didn't even finish it on time.
>>
[Mabors Sub&MGRT] <Harmony/> (BDrip 1080p HEVC YUV420P10 AAC) [GB&BIG5]
Is this another chink only rip?
>>
Is empire of corpses /ever/ getting proper subs? I can't watch the current ones because of blatant mistranslations and tl note abuse.
>>
>>138622896
How did such a (grimdark?) novel start monologuing about cheeseburgers?
>>
>>138620486
>after I saw the epubs posted here
>>138621166

This seriously share, don't make me trawl the archives
>>
Harmony: u.pomf.is/sijuvk.epub
Genocidal Organ: https://u.pomf.is/lspdje.epub
>>
>>138624776
Awesome. Also, I noticed Itoh may not be such a big fan of America based on what he wrote in Genocidal Organ.
>>
>>138624602
>>138624776
Protip: check #bookz on Undernet.
>>
>>138625353
Just did and I found it before the anon posted, wasn't aware Haikasoru did a release of this, though I'd be looking for a fan translated release epubs of which are a major bitch to find especially if BT and the fan translator have purged them from their blog because "morals".
>>
Ok can anyone who's read Genocidal Organ help clear this up for me? Call me stupid but I've read the book and I have no idea what the fuck the ending was supposed to mean.
>>
>>138624776
do you have empire of corpses also?
>>
>>138626769
I took those links from archive, so no.
>>
>>138626797
Oh well its a good start. Harmony or Genocide first?
>>
>>138626797
Is it actually published? I know Itoh died before finishing it but did someone continue it?
>>
>>138626892
Genocide. Harmony is set in the same world after what happened in Genocide.
>>
>>138627286
Gee well thanks for the spoilers nerd
>>
>>138624776
I was about to ask for this, Thank you very much
>>
>>138627473
It's not a spoiler retard, the stories only share a single element and can be read separately.
>>
The movie is great.
I'm surprised that /a/ isn't sperging it out and spamming ">>>/u/" everywhere, since there wasn't any yuri on the books.
>>
>>138620486
Am I a newfag for not knowing what it is?
>>
Should a nigga grab genocidal organ book?
>>
>>138627781
It's not popular enough to be shitposted, and it's better this way.
>>
I don't plan on reading any of them but the movies looked okay. Harmony seems like the only one worth checking out though. Subs when?
>>
File: 1429797616723.jpg (638 KB, 1337x1200) Image search: [Google]
1429797616723.jpg
638 KB, 1337x1200
>>138627781
I haven't read the books, but pic related hardly convinces me.
>>
>>138629123
That wasn't even the original cover.
Iirc they made two new covers after the movie was released; the one you posted and one by redjuice.

The original book doesn't even feature any illustrations.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.