[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: hajime_no_ippo.png (689 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
hajime_no_ippo.png
689 KB, 900x506
Discuss
>>
>>138613668
First season is the only good one.
>>
>>138613700
The characters in the seasons after that look like those wooden dolls artists use to draw poses
>>
File: 1448459557965.jpg (76 KB, 467x413) Image search: [Google]
1448459557965.jpg
76 KB, 467x413
>>138613668
the manga always keeps me at the edge of my seat.

and the anime looks like it had a massive fucking budget. i love it.
>>
>>138613668
Manga dragged out for too long.
>>
>>138614090
it seems like it only halfway to the end.
takamura is aiming to conquer 6 weight classes and he's only mastered 3
>>
I really enjoy it. One of my favourites to be honest. Wish there was more moderately grounded fighting manga/shows (holding on with nihon guts isn't quite as crazy as throwing fireballs). I know about stuff like holyland but I just wish it was more popular.
>>
>>138613998
Don't forget that kickass ost.
>>
>>138614662
Or the jet engines and screeching tires.
>>
>>138613700
The only good one and a fantastic masterpiece
>>
s1 best season. newest seasons have this weird tone to them, i can't quite put my finger on it, like the comedic timing is awkward and forced, maybe because the gay is really cranked up
(when lets face it this series is already gay as fuck it needs no help there)

I never really knew how racist japan was until i saw all the caricatures in the manga

gdamnit ippo if yer gonna quit than quit
>>
File: 1456571386874.gif (122 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1456571386874.gif
122 KB, 600x800
Manga went to trash after chapter 500. Morikawa will probably die before ippo wins a world belt.
>>
>>138614958
I don't think he'll win it. I'm predicting a tragic retiring scenario due to health problems but i hope not cause that'd just be disappointing.
>>
I feel like the only way Ippo could end with me being able to enjoy it is if Ippo and Takamura fucking drive themselves into the dirt, causing irreparable damage to their bodies so they have to quit and for Ippo to pass on the torch to Itagaki.
Make Ippos last match against Miyata or Sendou.
I would have dropped the series completely after Ippo lost to 'literally who' Alfredo, brain damage that took care of itself after a jog, him saying how he needs to START COMPLETELY OVER and him saying he didn't REALLY want the only thing he has said he wanted the whole series if it didn't update monthly.
>>
>>138615170
>causing irreparable damage to their bodies so they have to quit and for Ippo to pass on the torch to Itagaki.

Manabu get the fuck off the internet and go to bed, you have road work to do at dawn.

>>138613668
>Discuss

The only good Ippo anime is the first season. Though the OVAs are entertaining, nothing after the first season does the manga justice with the amount of edits and overall changes.

Even the first season wasn't spared this; with the worst offense being the anime adaption 'modernizing' a series that's supposed to take place in the 90s.

The later series were just fucking atrocious with how more story, character and boxing-related exposition got left on the cutting room table.
>>
>>138615170
that seems like the only way it could end at this point. I thought they were gonna do something with the whole "don't cross this line" bit between takamura and Ippo. But I honestly don't see how Ippo could become a 'monster', it's just not in his character? I mean Ippo has always found motivation from outside sources

reminds me of one scene (i forget when it happened) but takamura got pissed at Ippo for wanting to take up boxing just to make friends, like he's not taking it seriously.

maybe that's Ippo's fatal flaw, he's not enough of an asshole to be mega successful. Of course it's easy for an author to turn that around, say takamura's logic is flawed, and that true strength is through team work and love desu desu

idk what i want at this point
>>
>>138615504
>The later series were just fucking atrocious with how more story, character and boxing-related exposition got left on the cutting room table.

Fuck New Challenger for what it did to Ippo vs Shimabokuro, Ippo vs Sawamura and most importantly Aoki vs Imae. Even Takamura vs Eagle got shitted on with unnecessary changes that dumbed down the fight.

Them finally getting off their asses and adapting the Young Kamogawa arc doesn't make up for it, especially since said arc was originally an OVA that was supposed to come after the second season, but got pushed back due to that whole bankruptcy/buyout ordeal.
>>
[turbine noises intensifies]
>>
>>138616173
>[turbine noises intensifies]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HpxemKYvW4

Some GOAT animation too.
>>
How does one dive into lost mind?
>>
Joefags on suicide watch
http://ippo.wikia.com/wiki/Ippo_vs._Joe
>Ippo won in the fifth round by knockout.
>>
COACH I'M DYING
>>
File: never again.jpg (40 KB, 447x599) Image search: [Google]
never again.jpg
40 KB, 447x599
>When ED1 starts playing during the last episode
>>
>>138613668
Ashita no Joe was better
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.