[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mayoiga, Mizushima's next work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Mayoiga.jpg (381 KB, 604x800) Image search: [Google]
Mayoiga.jpg
381 KB, 604x800
Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Shirobako, Prison School) is directing the series at anime studio Diomedea (Kan Colle). Mari Okada (anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, The Anthem of the Heart, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) is serving as series script supervisor, Naomi Ide (Kan Colle) is designing the characters, and Mizushima is personally directing the sound at Studio Mausu. Masaru Yokoyama (The Anthem of the Heart, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) is composing the music at Pony Canyon.

The website describes the story:

30 young men and women who came together on a shady bus tour. The tour's destination: an illusive, possibly nonexistent village called Nanakimura. In Nanakimura, one can lead a utopian existence, free of the world's obstacles … or so it was rumored, like an urban legend.
"In despair over the real world ... wanting to escape the tedious daily life … wanting to restart your life from scratch…"

The bus headed deep into the mountains, carrying 30 people each harboring their own expectations and wounds in their hearts…

And so, the place these 30 arrived at, was an uninhabited village with the lingering faint scents of life, even though it was falling apart.

What is the truth of Nanakimura facing the 30? You can't miss even one episode!

Is this the next best thing? I mean, it has Mizushima as director.
>>
>>138612803
Those shows feature a directors easy, pitch perfect grasp of character and human behavior in comic and serious situations. This is worth watching.
>>
>>138613163
The cartoon characters don't match the background.
>>
>>138613435
What?
>>
What does "script supervisor" mean, exactly?
>>
>>138612803
Please don't be mediocre like Bokumachi. This seems like an interesting setting.
>>
>>138613922
The background is gorgeous and realistic. The characters are just drawn over it.

The contrast between the characters (who are obviously cartoons) and the realistic background doesn't mesh well.
>>
>>138612803
>Okada
I'll be in the threads only to shitpost
>>
Next season is kinda stacked in terms of shows with good directors, yet somehow I'm sceptical about most. I'll definitely give this a chance but if I had to guess I imagine I won't like it very much.
>>
It's worth noting this show is partially crowdfunded (they've gotten $35k so far).
https://www.makuake.com/project/mayoiga/

I wonder if they're not getting shafted by the production company or if the crowdfunding is just an experiment/PR move
>>
>>138612803
Is the plot twist that they're all dead?
>>
>>138613990
Probably the same bullshit as "series composition."
>>
>>138614492
I think they got the idea from Suicide Island.
>>
>>138614593
Oops, meant for >>138614477
>>
>>138614466
Elevens are behind the times so I don't know if this would work as grassroots marketing. But they managed to get the money they wanted so maybe I was wrong.
>>
>>138614466
Interesting alternative to buying the BDs, I guess.
>>
File: a.png (456 KB, 1903x2000) Image search: [Google]
a.png
456 KB, 1903x2000
>>138612803
>Is this the next best thing? I mean, it has Mizushima as director.
His track record with serious shows is not that good though. Maybe he'll get it right this time.

By the way, the official website redirects you to some shitty '90s site parody if you load it enough times. I love that kind of shit.
>>
Is this Another 2.0 or should I say, another Another
>>
I've had my eye on this series but don't really can't assume anything about how good it might be until it airs.

With some series all you need to know is the studio and a paragraph synopsis of what to roughly expect (such as Sandha Sanyou), other times like this it's just totally unknown what will happen because previews/descriptions reveal little about the plot. This and Hai Furi I just assume will be bad, but also have decent chances of being good.
>>
>>138616041
Also typos/syntax everywhere
>Sansha Sanyou
>>
>>138612803
Looks like a trainwreck in the making.

>Is this the next best thing? I mean, it has Mizushima as director.
More like next shit.
>>
>>138615776
That's pretty neat.
>>
>>138614593
I doubt it. It's not like disaffected people in isolation is a particularly specific/unique topic.
>>
File: 2014-04-21_06-31-36.png (78 KB, 482x1151) Image search: [Google]
2014-04-21_06-31-36.png
78 KB, 482x1151
>>138615776
That's amazing.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.