[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: why.png (2 MB, 1366x1536) Image search: [Google]
why.png
2 MB, 1366x1536
Why
>>
I don't see it.
Can you point it out to me?
>>
Meme subs.
>>
>>138594255
The sub's have a lot of superfluous and non-translated stuff, e.g. the flag on the sword, headband, etc.
>>
>>138594191
Why not?
>>
>>138596868
Distracting, bloating, confusing.

I came to watch anime, not subtitles. Putting random meaningless crap all over the screen that has nothing to do with what I'm watching detracts from it.

I extracted the sub track and it was 4.5 megabytes. After converting it to .vtt and hand-removing all the useless subs, I trimmed it down to 22.8 kilobytes. That's over 99% bloat.

In some cases it can be hard to tell what's a subtitle and what's actually in the anime. For example, I didn't know she was holding a wooden sword until I saw this part without the subs.
>>
find the differences thread?
>>
>Watching meme subs

You have only youself to blame
>>
>>138594270
>>138597954
I only recently caught the weeb what subs are there that aren't meme or bad generally
>>
>>138597673
>I came to watch anime, not subtitles.
Maybe you should learn Japanese then.
>>
>>138594191
Who did the subs?
>>
>>138598063
Coalgirls
Horrible subs because they rip episodes, subs and all, from CR
>>
>>138598486
>Bloatgirls
>>
>>138598378
Working on it, finished the Hiragana Anki deck and 100 cards into the Core 2k/6k vocab deck.

>>138598441
[kdfss]

>>138598486
Coalgirls didn't do Himouto, though I liked their YRYR's so I looked for them
>>
>>138598573
I have not seen a problem with the subs so far, but I only have strike witches S1 and 2.
>>
>>138598605
>[kdfss]
Never even heard of them. No wonder they meme sub.
>>
>>138597756
I think some of the polka dots on the curtain are different.
>>
>early subs
"We're doing this for the community. Please buy it when it hits stateside and support the dub. Looking for editors, translators, typesetters, scanners, money, time, and internet worship. Come join our irc, only download it from there"
>[gg] era
"Meme subs are okay. We spent 99% of the time before release tweaking the karaoke part to get it just right."
>today
Just watch horriblesubs. They are absolutely horrible, and thats why they won't lose!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.